Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

People who can do limericks on the spot generally don't keep that talent hidden so that dude has to be unfathomably dull or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

blarzgh posted:

It's really easy to say, " nah, that's not my scene", and no one will press you on it, because they know your reason for not going is because it's sad and pathetic, but if you have to say it out loud, it breaks the fourth wall on their emperor's new clothes mentality, etc.

not true then again this was not only a strip club, but a strip club holding a party thrown by john mcafee so everyone involved had no sense of shame

(this was post-"i totally didn't murder a dude in belize" mcafee, so i definitely wasn't letting him take me to a secondary location)

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

maskenfreiheit posted:

not true then again this was not only a strip club, but a strip club holding a party thrown by john mcafee so everyone involved had no sense of shame

(this was post-"i totally didn't murder a dude in belize" mcafee, so i definitely wasn't letting him take me to a secondary location)

I'm sorry about your murder party.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Barudak posted:

Oh, hey its that girl my friend went on a date with once who became an emt "so I can watch people die"

that was a good post in a good thread. namaste

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
yeah i ended up going to a pool party at bally's instead, because i'm a lame guy who doesn't want to get murdered

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Barudak
May 7, 2007

maskenfreiheit posted:

yeah i ended up going to a pool party at bally's instead, because i'm a lame guy who doesn't want to get murdered

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I bet alternate timeline you who got murdered is just shaking their head at how lame and alive you are.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I [18/F] have a real first world problem with my parents [47/F] and [46/M] who won't stop having sex. I need to say something but I'm too embarrassed...

quote:

My parents lost weight last year, especially my dad who lost probably 60 lbs and kept it off. He's healthier, happier and really chipper. It's also probably due to the fact that my parents have non-stop sex. It's making life awkward at home.

My parents have always been close, but the last year, they seem to have reverted to being children. You can't leave the room without one of them making a move. Watching a movie? Hand on butt. Eating breakfast? They both need to use the... bathroom... at.. uh.. " the same time." They'll be in "the bathroom" and it sounds like thunder.

I stepped out of the house but forgot my key. I returned only seconds later to find my dad on top of my mom on the couch laughing and touching her. I was gone not 30 seconds. I'm being paid to actually leave the house tonight so they can have a "movie night" together. I walked into the kitchen this morning and my father had my mother pinned against the counter and she kept saying "dirty dog" and then noticed me, it was painfully awkward. They've overrun my little safe spot. I used to use the den in the basement as a place to get a break from my siblings but now my parents are always lingering there.

Although they never do anything in front of me, they aren't that careful and I've walked in on some pretty gross things. Is it appropriate to tell them to keep it better hidden and stop being so gross all the time, or do I have to just endure this until the end of university?

tl;dr: My parents have become maniacs with sex and won't stop. When they're home, they've got their hands all over each other and I've stumbled on some pretty gross things the last couple of months. Can I tell them to cool it or ask them to be more discrete?

:fireman:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

maskenfreiheit posted:

But imagine the story if you didn't die

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

oh yeah what's emt girl's phone number she sounds hot

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I [18/F] have a real first world problem with my parents [47/F] and [46/M] who won't stop having sex. I need to say something but I'm too embarrassed...

I mean, it's great that her parents still dig each other, but it's so awkward seeing your parents getting into each other's grill, and I speak from experience.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Barudak posted:

I bet alternate timeline you who got murdered is just shaking their head at how lame and alive you are.

if you die in las vegas, you die in real life

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Dude they're paying you to not be around while they gently caress. Take the money and have fun.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Tender Bender posted:

I mean it was a lovely thing to say but it's also a Rodney Dangerfield "My wife!" joke and not a confession of his hatred for her.

"i'm glad you came to this wedding where i married a bitch i hate and wouldn't have married if she didn't have red pubes" is not a cool and fun thing to say about your wife at your wedding, dude, you pick the weirdest poo poo to double down on

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Maybe the 18yo should move the gently caress out and stop slutshaming his horndog parents.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

InediblePenguin posted:

"i'm glad you came to this wedding where i married a bitch i hate and wouldn't have married if she didn't have red pubes" is not a cool and fun thing to say about your wife at your wedding, dude, you pick the weirdest poo poo to double down on

I didn't say it's cool or fun, it's a lovely thing to say and he should apologize. I also don't think he was admitting hatred for his wife, I think he was telling a dumb dudebro joke to his friends while drunk.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

InediblePenguin posted:

talking poo poo about your SO when you're drunk but still loving them and being married to them is an ancient tradition for people who aren't the "Boyfriend[23M] asks my permission before he touches me[22F]" type.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

I didn't say it's cool or fun, it's a lovely thing to say and he should apologize. I also don't think he was admitting hatred for his wife, I think he was telling a dumb dudebro joke to his friends while drunk.

I don't know, saying your partner is only good for loving is a pretty hateful thing to say.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

This is the greatest way to get your teen to move out.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
wanna meet that horny dad

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Motherfucker posted:

wanna meet that horny dad

nice av/post combo

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

lazorexplosion posted:

This is the greatest way to get your teen to move out.

She should also leverage the situation to move out on her parent's dime, because she has every reason to do so. "Sure guys, you can bang every minute of the day if you pay for my rent near campus! Hehe! :sparkles:"

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

I was going to say "get them an 'occupied' tag to put on doors," but then I re-read and they're just being handsy in front of her/when she walks in, he hasn't actually walked in on the act. So I'd say in that case she should suck it up until she does walk in on some nudity.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Barudak posted:

If you live in Miami and havent gone to Tootsies you are unironically missing out on the absolute best price to quality wings in the city.

The downside is Tootsies is the Costco of strip clubs with everything that entails.

I'm curious about the experience of Delilah's Gentleman's Club and Steakhouse, but not enough

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
How do I [17F] stop obsessing over ex boyfriend [19M]'s sister, and how to avoid getting obsessed with new boyfriends [17M] sister?

quote:

Hi guys. I know I'm going to sound majorly creepy, so you don't need to tell me I'm a creep or a stalker.

Me and my ex boyfriend broke up last year. We broke up because he was abusive and it wasn't a relationship I could stay in any longer. When we were together, I was obsessed with his ex girlfriend. I hacked her iCloud, would make fake accounts to talk to her, would save all of her pictures onto my camera roll, and even considered the same career paths etc as her.

This obsession went away after me and my boyfriend broke up. However, I was also kind of obessed with his sister when we were together. When my boyfriend wasn't home, and his parents were downstairs, I went into his sisters room, and got her laptop, and found out her passwords through her Safari saved passwords, and I would log into her facebook and snapchat etc. Whenever I slept over his house, I would go in in the middle of night if she wasn't home, and get her laptop and read her iMessages, look through her photos and belongings. I also stole lip balm and underwear from her.

I have no feelings whatsoever for my ex boyfriend, he has moved on, and so have I. I have been with my new boyfriend for two months now, and I feel myself starting to get obsessed with his sister - I look at her facebook photos constantly and with the new snapchat feature of Maps, I watch where she is. I also keep logging into my ex boyfriends sisters accounts, particularly her facebook and emailand reading her messages and seeing what the family have been up to in photos etc. I want to stop, but it is an uncontrollable urge - I just feel the need to check on what they're up to lately.

I want to stop, but I don't know how, if anyone could give me advice on resisting the urge, that would be great. And if anyone could give me advice on how to avoid becoming obsessed with my new boyfriends sister, that would be amazing.

TL;DR: i get obsessed with people. i am logging into ex boyfriends sisters accounts constantly. i feel myself starting to get obsessed and overinterested in new boyfriends sister. how to stop? do i tell new boyfriend?

She needs to dump her BF so she can fulfill her single white female destiny.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I [22,M] Knocked on my ex girlfriend[22,F] door and a guy [22,M] answered!

Hello I was in a relationship with my girlfriend Piper for a year, she ended it because we argued quite a bit, as I wanted to settle down, and she didn't. She broke up with me on April fools day (how ironic). Since then, I have sent her a couple texts, no reply. Piper hasn't talked directly to me, but I ran into one of our mutual friend's this week, and she told me that Piper asked how I was doing! I didn't get to talk to her long enough to see if Piper missed me but i figured she had to miss me if she asked about me. Yesterday morning I decided to stop by her house, her car was there, so I knocked on the door, and a very tall guy answered the door. I expected him to be a douche with the worst him attempting to fight me but he was actually a very chill guy, he said wasup, I told him I was looking for Piper, he said she was sleep. He said he would tell her I stopped by, he must've knew who I was because the guy closed the door behind him , and he literally talked to me for like 30 minutes about the whole situation, he already seemed like he knew the whole spill so I was just basically getting stuff off my chest to him. The guy was really giving me good advice which was basically him telling me to move on, he did subtly throw in that I should keep fighting though. He got a call ( probably from her) and went back in the house but he told me that he wished me the best, then he called me a badger brother so I'm pretty sure we went to the same college . Anyways, I sat outside in my car for like an hour, my mind just racing on what I should do. And honestly I still don't know what to do, I want to keep trying but what if that was her new guy and she's happy with him? Side note: I was still sitting outside her complex when she walked to her car holding his hand with his jacket on. That moment made me think that's her new boyfriend but if it was why would he tell me to keep trying?? Why would she ask about me if she still didn't have feelings for me?? I'm just confused honestly, I really want to keep trying but I don't want to fight a losing battle.. need advice??!!

tl;dr: Went to reconcile with my girlfriend and a guy answered the door

(no line breaks in the original)

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Smirking_Serpent posted:

her new boyfriend sounds hella chyll

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I (F25) am dating multiple guys at one time. Is that okay?

quote:

Hey Reddit! Like the title says I am currently seeing 3 guys and so far everything has been fine, It just feels super wrong for some reason. None of them know I'm seeing anybody else, which may be the reason I feel so guilty. But on the other hand I have no idea if they're seeing other people. The guys I am seeing have not asked me if I am seeing other people and if they did ask I would tell them the truth.

Reddit should I stop doing this?

Tldr: I am seeing multiple guys at one time and feel super guilty about it.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I called the police when my roommate threatened to kill me and got arrested.

quote:

TLDR: Roommate tried to Poisoned me, threatened to kill me twice. I called the police on all occasions and I ended up in jail.

This happened in July, in Lubbock tx.

So today was an interesting day. It started off having to get stitches in my hand then followed up by getting some pain meds. After getting home I drank some orange juice that had a horrible taste to it, like rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover. I called the police and let them know that my roommates had put something that I considered poisons in my drink.

Before the EMT's and cops showed up my roommate decided that it would be a good idea to leave before they showed up. I stopped her by closing the door to the garage and holding it closed for a little. The cops showed up and said that they couldn't do anything if I didn't go to the ER to be tested.

Well I called poison control and asked them if I'd be ok if I just ingested nail polish remover and they said I'd be fine, and it probably wouldn't even show up on a blood test if I had it taken. Well if I didn't drink that much and it wasn't going to show up on a blood test I sure as hell didn't want to pay for an ambulance ride.

Anyways the cops leave after deciding that I didn't want to go to the ER even after smelling the drink. I stood outside of my roommates door listening to the whispers going on in their room, and I hear roommates boyfriend says say, "(roommate) what did you do to his juice, (My name) wouldn't just call the cops if there's nothing wrong with his poo poo." Roommate replies, "I put nail polish remover in it, Don't tell anyone." Well being the stand up guy roommate’s boyfriend obviously is he says, "I won't I love you."

I went to the trash can to look at what was in there and low and behold I find a empty nail polish remover bottle sitting on top of the trash can. I called the cops again and let them know I have evidence of the nail polish remover sitting on top of the trash, but my roommate walks in to the room and hears me at that point and time.

So I'm standing by the trash can trying to make sure it's untouched so the cops can have evidence of attempted poisoning and the roomate grabs a knife and starts to cut up an apple. While she's doing it she looks at me and says, "I'm going to kill you." I run to my room lock the door and call the cops again.

She takes this opportunity to grab the nail polish remover from the trash that she used to taint my drinks, and goes to "work". The cops show up and say that since they didn't see it they can't do anything. The next day me and my boyfriend cleaned out the refrigerator while roommate was gone because I didn’t want to chance getting poisoned again, and if the “roommate” didn’t do it than why would I want her to be hurt as well. Well anyways she comes home and I’m about to go to eat dinner with my boyfriend and a few friends so I let my dog outside because we’ve been stuck in our room all day trying to stay away from her. Well when I put my dog outside to go to the bathroom she starts screaming at me for throwing out all of the food and I calling me all sorts of gay slurs. I explain to her that if she didn’t poison my food than I didn’t want anyone else to get poisoned either. She flips her poo poo says she’s going to kill me again. I run to my room grab my boyfriend and go to the next door neighbor’s house while trying to call the police.

The officer that showed up said he couldn’t do anything because he didn’t see any of it, and was about to leave. Before he could leave I asked him to bring a supervisor out because this is the 2nd time she’s threatened to kill me after trying to poison me. I needed to be protected from her, have her removed from the house or something. I stressed that I while if she did attack me I could defend myself but being a male I didn’t want to open up that can of worms because I’d end up in jail.

The supervisor showed up and I tried to tell him the whole story but he was too stupid to follow my story, and kept interrupting me telling me that I was being inconsistent and overall rear end in a top hat not trying to help the situation but he seemed annoyed that I had requested help protecting me from my roommate. This is where things made a turn for the worst. I offered to show him the story that I had written the day before where she had tried to poison me, and threatened to kill me.

As soon as I pulled out my phone I was then attacked by the police for having a knife in my pocket. As I was looking at my phone trying to find the document I wrote one of the officers grabbed my knife. They had not asked me for it, and I had not been detained at that point.

After being attacked by the police for having a knife that I hadn’t brought out threatened anyone with, or remotely shown I started to freak out because I was being attacked by the police for calling for help when I was requesting protection. I went to the side of my house sat down and started crying because I didn’t hurt anyone, or threaten anyone and I was attacked by the police. About 30-45 seconds later the sergeant asks me to come sit in the lawn chair in front of my house and try and go over the story with him again.

Well as I start over my story again with the same guy that kept interrupting me one of the other police officers told the sergeant that they “got someone to say that I was being disorderly.” At this point they detained me and put me in the back of the police cruiser without telling me what I was being charged for. The A/C wasn’t on, and it was hot as gently caress. In the back of the cruiser I was able to reach my phone and I called my dad to let him know that I was being arrested illegally and to try and get in contact with a lawyer. They put me in jail at about 6pm, and I had no clue what I was arrested for until 11 pm at night I plead not guilty, and I got a lawyer once I got out of jail, but I haven’t heard poo poo from him in like 2 months, other than what the prosecutor is trying to charge me with.

Anyways, I just want to know if

A) Can I have all charges dropped?

B) Is it possible to recover legal fees, a semester of school that I had to drop, and damages for PTSD?

C) Is it possible to get a restraining order against her, and her boyfriend?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Haifisch posted:

I called the police when my roommate threatened to kill me and got arrested.

Dear reddit,

I have schizophrenia

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Hello I was in a relationship with my girlfriend Piper for a year, she ended it because we argued quite a bit, as I wanted to settle down, and she didn't. She broke up with me on April fools day (how ironic). Since then, I have sent her a couple texts, no reply. Piper hasn't talked directly to me, but I ran into one of our mutual friend's this week, and she told me that Piper asked how I was doing! I didn't get to talk to her long enough to see if Piper missed me but i figured she had to miss me if she asked about me. Yesterday morning I decided to stop by her house, her car was there, so I knocked on the door, and a very tall guy answered the door. I expected him to be a douche with the worst him attempting to fight me but he was actually a very chill guy, he said wasup, I told him I was looking for Piper, he said she was sleep. He said he would tell her I stopped by, he must've knew who I was because the guy closed the door behind him , and he literally talked to me for like 30 minutes about the whole situation, he already seemed like he knew the whole spill so I was just basically getting stuff off my chest to him. The guy was really giving me good advice which was basically him telling me to move on, he did subtly throw in that I should keep fighting though. He got a call ( probably from her) and went back in the house but he told me that he wished me the best, then he called me a badger brother so I'm pretty sure we went to the same college . Anyways, I sat outside in my car for like an hour, my mind just racing on what I should do. And honestly I still don't know what to do, I want to keep trying but what if that was her new guy and she's happy with him? Side note: I was still sitting outside her complex when she walked to her car holding his hand with his jacket on. That moment made me think that's her new boyfriend but if it was why would he tell me to keep trying?? Why would she ask about me if she still didn't have feelings for me?? I'm just confused honestly, I really want to keep trying but I don't want to fight a losing battle.. need advice??!!

tl;dr: Went to reconcile with my girlfriend and a guy answered the door

(no line breaks in the original)

EDIT: lmao, I bet he told him to keep trying. This guy seems to be grounded in solid reality.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I wonder if Jr is a virg

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://np.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/6iyg6p/date_confesses_he_keyed_my_car_after_our_date/
Date Confesses He Keyed My Car After Our Date, What Do I do to Make Sure He Pays?! (self.legaladvice)

quote:

I went on a 1st date in Denver (YES OUR 1ST DATE), drove my car downtown for dinner. We ended up having drinks, I was too intoxicated to drive so I called a cab. The guy was very angry that I wouldn't stay, he walked me to my car so I could grab all my valuables while it stayed in a lot overnight. The next morning I woke up to EXTREMELY mean text messages from him because I left & he wanted me to transfer him $ for the date. I apologized for upsetting him and would transfer the money. He then apologizes for the mean texts and not to send $. I picked up my car that afternoon and the entire drivers side, front, back & entire hood are KEYED! He denied doing it then in minutes says he'll pay for it out of guilt b/c I was there to see him.
We get an estimate, its about $5k worth of damage to fix my leased car. He then tells me HE DID IT & he'll pay for it but if I report to cops or his job finds out he'll get deported. I'm being very nice to him to make sure he pays for it and it's very uncomfortable. I don't know what else to do to make sure he pays for it all.
I was just let go from my job so I don't have money to pay $500 insurance ded or court fees if I sue. I don't have video evidence but I do have evidence over text.

Sounds like a gentleman, you wouldn't want to ruin his life, would you?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
boyfriend earns more than me, and wants me to find a new job to match his income

quote:

I (24) have been with my boyfriend (27) for 7 months- things moved quite fast, we started living together after 5 months. Things are great, apart from the fact that he earns substantially more than me (around double what I earn) and would like me to find a new job that matches his income. He feels that he wants to live a certain life- have a nicer apartment, afford trips, dinners etc... and on my income, I just can't afford this.

Our relationship started with him losing his job a month in, and remained unemployed for 3-4 months. I supported him throughout this time when I wanted to do activities that he couldn't afford ( I was still living with my parents so I had more money to spend). Is it unreasonable to ask that he accepts my choice in sticking with this job?

I really do enjoy my job (even though it is definitely underpaid). I am able to split rent and utilities equally, but there just isn't enough left for the 'extras'.

All responses are appreciated, thanks

TL;DR boyfriend wants me to get a higher paid job to afford the lifestyle that he wants.

quote:

Haha he works in igaming, so generally salaries are much higher than in other industries... he wants me to get a job in that industry and I just can't see myself working in it.
I want OP to post again after legislation catches up with the igamblinggaming industry. :allears:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I thought the first sentence could have prepared me...

How do I [17F] stop obsessing over ex boyfriend [19M]'s sister, and how to avoid getting obsessed with new boyfriends [17M] sister?

quote:

Hi guys. I know I'm going to sound majorly creepy, so you don't need to tell me I'm a creep or a stalker.

Me and my ex boyfriend broke up last year. We broke up because he was abusive and it wasn't a relationship I could stay in any longer. When we were together, I was obsessed with his ex girlfriend. I hacked her iCloud, would make fake accounts to talk to her, would save all of her pictures onto my camera roll, and even considered the same career paths etc as her.

This obsession went away after me and my boyfriend broke up. However, I was also kind of obessed with his sister when we were together. When my boyfriend wasn't home, and his parents were downstairs, I went into his sisters room, and got her laptop, and found out her passwords through her Safari saved passwords, and I would log into her facebook and snapchat etc. Whenever I slept over his house, I would go in in the middle of night if she wasn't home, and get her laptop and read her iMessages, look through her photos and belongings. I also stole lip balm and underwear from her.

I have no feelings whatsoever for my ex boyfriend, he has moved on, and so have I. I have been with my new boyfriend for two months now, and I feel myself starting to get obsessed with his sister - I look at her facebook photos constantly and with the new snapchat feature of Maps, I watch where she is. I also keep logging into my ex boyfriends sisters accounts, particularly her facebook and emailand reading her messages and seeing what the family have been up to in photos etc. I want to stop, but it is an uncontrollable urge - I just feel the need to check on what they're up to lately.

I want to stop, but I don't know how, if anyone could give me advice on resisting the urge, that would be great. And if anyone could give me advice on how to avoid becoming obsessed with my new boyfriends sister, that would be amazing.

TL;DR: i get obsessed with people. i am logging into ex boyfriends sisters accounts constantly. i feel myself starting to get obsessed and overinterested in new boyfriends sister. how to stop? do i tell new boyfriend?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

That can't be posted enough times as it's mad hosed up.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

fruit on the bottom posted:

I (F25) am dating multiple guys at one time. Is that okay?

I feel like the modern standard is there's no expectation of exclusivity until it's been discussed. I know some will disagree but I feel like it's their business to bring it up then.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Hello I was in a relationship with my girlfriend Piper for a year

I keep picturing the new boyfriend as Piper's BF from OITNB. He thought a nice fresh pie apple pie was going to be delivered and is too beta to tell this guy to gently caress off so he just stands there for 30 min nodding

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
That 'monster' truck story posted a couple pages ago reminds me of that lady who harassed her grieving husband over his car hobby that his brother and recently deceased father enjoyed together as a family. Like she just kept busting into their garage and commenting about how their hobbies and posters and such were supporting the patriarchy, eventually the husband went to live with the brother and served her divorce papers and she just didn't know how it all ended up this way.

anyone remember that one

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doc Hawkins posted:

Yeah, I guess I wasn't explicit: in my view two bottles a day, of someone else's wine, for two weeks straight, definitely qualifies as "going apeshit."

An ounce of weed is 250 loving dollars if it's poo poo weed, and that's ridiculous. You don't smoke an ounce of someone else's weed unless you're an rear end in a top hat or autistic.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jun 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
I [25/f] wasn't invited to my boyfriend's [29/m] close friend's wedding. The bride said the invitation wasn't a mistake but I can go if I want. I don't feel right going at this point but my boyfriend wants me to.

quote:

I’m not sure if this is where I should be posting this but here it goes anyway…

My boyfriend, Lucas, and I have been together 4 years- living together for almost 2. We’ve had a very stable relationship and have become very close with each other’s friends. Lucas has had a close group of friends since Jr. High and most have managed to stay in the same area. One friend, Dave (30’s), is in the military and has moved often but they all still talk often. Dave is getting married (for a second time) in May and has sent out RSVP’s and invitations this week.

Here’s the problem…..

We received the invitation in the mail and it didn’t have the “and guest” attached to Lucas’ name. Now, my grandmother (she raised me) has always told me that if an invitation does not say “and guest” or “and family” then only the person on the envelope is invited. This is still the proper etiquette right?

I explained this to Lucas and let him know that I was a little hurt but it was fine if I didn’t go. He didn’t believe that rule was true so, he sent the RSVP with my name on it anyway because “Dave knows you and we’ve been together years, why wouldn’t you be invited?” (his words). I let this go because he kept insisting that I was invited and it must have been a mistake because all of his friend’s SO were invited. The next day I asked my good friend, who is getting married this year, about it and she confirmed my grandmother’s rule. She said that Lucas should reach out to Dave, not to ask if I can go, but just to clarify and explain that he was unware of the “rule” and apologize for adding my name to the RSVP.

Lucas texted Dave and apologized for sending the RSVP but wanted to clarify who was invited. Dave never responded but then he got a text a day later from the bride saying “The invitations are correct. We didn’t think that you and Charlotte were still together. If you feel the need to bring her, then do it”

This obviously set Lucas off for a few reasons:

-he asked his friends and everyone’s SO were invited. Even some who have only been together less than a year.

-Dave was just in town and over at our house in February and knows we are still together (I made dinner for them). Lucas and him are still close and talk often so this shouldn’t even be an issue.

-The bride and I have never had any problems. We don’t know each other well but have still socialized on many occasions on double-dates, birthday parties, etc.

Lucas texted Dave again to ask if we did something wrong or why they didn’t think that we were together anymore and Dave responded with “The invitations were done by Lisa (the bride). Bring Charlotte; it’s not a big deal.”

Now, Lucas and his friends think I should go at this point but I feel uncomfortable going. The bride’s comment just made me feel uneasy about it all. Lucas says that he won’t go if I don’t because were a team and it should have been a given that I’m invited. I don’t want to prevent Lucas from seeing his friend but I just don’t feel that I should be there at this point. The way the envelope was addressed was not a mistake. I'm clearly not wanted there.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

tl;dr: I wasn't invited to my boyfriends close friends wedding. He asked him about it and was informed that it wasn't a mistake but I can go if I want. I'm not sure if I should at this point.