Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Exmond posted:

The account page is down. I was able to login with my old account but I don't see my old character

Your old character does not transfer to the new game. You have to start over.

Game is up, you can log in and create character but considering how hosed accounts are right now, do so at your own risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyShadow
Oct 27, 2005
There is no link for it but the page is up at https://account.secretworldlegends.com/tsw_transfer

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Looks like it might be fixed?

Edit: Transfer worked. Looks like the account page is down again though.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jun 23, 2017

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

I can't even get into my account to have the transfer not work. It just says authentication failed. Are you supposed to use your master account or game account? Neither works for me but still. :v:

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Phoix posted:

I can't even get into my account to have the transfer not work. It just says authentication failed. Are you supposed to use your master account or game account? Neither works for me but still. :v:

Edit: Ignore me

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Phoix posted:

TSW account, not master account. Authentication servers are overloaded right now.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
You weren't kidding about the download being slow.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Voice actor for the tutorial is so much better now

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Drinkfist posted:

This achievement was first gained by someone literally emptying the Lumi cabal guild bank to fund taco holocaust. One of the more entertaining drama bombs to come out of that hellhole of madness Lawlicaust was running.

Yeah, Illuminati was a huge loving drama bomb. I learned my lesson from that. 1) Never start a good guild. 2) Play Templar.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Lawlicaust posted:

Yeah, Illuminati was a huge loving drama bomb. I learned my lesson from that. 1) Never start a good guild. 2) Play Templar.

Im so happy i ignored goon guild drama. Was that drinkfist who did Taco holocaust?

Noirex
May 30, 2006

So someone here said to just collect the Lore cos the way AP/SP scale with XP, but Reddit says to save them until 50......which is correct? I would rather collect them as I explore tbh, feels more natural. But if it makes that much of a difference....

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Sanctuary chat is up, it was the old global chat channel the community joined up

/chat join #Sanctuary to join it

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Noirex posted:

So someone here said to just collect the Lore cos the way AP/SP scale with XP, but Reddit says to save them until 50......which is correct? I would rather collect them as I explore tbh, feels more natural. But if it makes that much of a difference....

You can save them but because of the way xp to gain 1 AP/ 2 SP scales it doesn't really matter. At level 1 they give like 250 xp and it takes 2500 xp to gain one AP/SP. At 50 they give 2500 XP but it takes 25K xp to gain 1 AP/2 SP.

Exmond posted:

Im so happy i ignored goon guild drama. Was that drinkfist who did Taco holocaust?

Nah everyone sane was in Templar guild. I don't even remember who it was now. I had to quit shortly after launch due to real life stuff so I missed most of the drama that occurred in my absence.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jun 23, 2017

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Ahh that makes sense, thanks!

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
See you guys in a week (not my internet, their awful download speeds)

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
FYI, you get all the tsw items when you get to the Kingsmouth portal.

Also Aurum is pretty pricey, $5 per 500, small discounts for each higher tier you buy.

Gnooble
Sep 29, 2010

Commander, make full speed to JP1 and activate your active sensor to keep watch for any unauthorized transits.
Haven't been able to use reserved name. Wondering how they screwed that one up.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Can anyone confirm for me whether or not Caligari in SWL sells the Multichromatic Cardinal?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Exmond posted:

It was some crazy girl in the Lumies guild that talked about keeping cold beers in her vagina on mumble.

I would like to think that the Templars being drama free had something to do with my fantastic leadership. Although Lawlicaust you got some real loving winners over there with Canadian oil magnates to "check your pronouns genderfluid" fun. It was fitting that the Illuminati was a bunch of raving lunatics and the Templars were swirling fine scotch in the sitting room saying "Yes. Quite.". The Dragon all quit after they got their opening scene blow job.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Drinkfist posted:

It was some crazy girl in the Lumies guild that talked about keeping cold beers in her vagina on mumble.

I would like to think that the Templars being drama free had something to do with my fantastic leadership. Although Lawlicaust you got some real loving winners over there with Canadian oil magnates to "check your pronouns genderfluid" fun. It was fitting that the Illuminati was a bunch of raving lunatics and the Templars were swirling fine scotch in the sitting room saying "Yes. Quite.". The Dragon all quit after they got their opening scene blow job.

Ohhhh.... OHHHHHHHHH I think I vaguely recall that...

Anyways, if anyone wants to prank funcom go here

https://www.twitch.tv/funcom

Looks like they are in Argatha at the moment

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Alexander DeLarge posted:

See you guys in a week (not my internet, their awful download speeds)

restart the launcher if you haven't already, that fixed my download speed. But I also did the preload when it posted earlier.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Drinkfist posted:

Would you like to buy a T-shirt?

Edit: They removed the new raid entrance from Kingsmouth. Wonder if it got scrapped.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jun 23, 2017

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Lawlicaust posted:

Would you like to buy a T-shirt?

The Badr Files
http://imgur.com/a/ElrjI

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Now everyone can only sell 10 items on the AH a day.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 23, 2017

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I will be playing some time next century. I've tried restarting the client with no luck but at 200kb/s this last 5 gb is going to take a millennia

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I'm not even sure if I want to bother. I did all the not-Tokyo stuff and this time around it sounds unfun. I couldn't even bring myself to level alts before because gently caress that's a lot of unnecessary work.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Still 5 hours left...

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Is that Brian Bloom in their voice acting pool now? :haw:

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Awesome, with the beta client installed it was like two minutes of patching and I'm in.

Weird that there's no option to subscribe, as far as I can see.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Richard M Nixon posted:

Awesome, with the beta client installed it was like two minutes of patching and I'm in.

Weird that there's no option to subscribe, as far as I can see.

It's the Patron icon in the upper left hand corner. $13 per month.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Did I need to login within a certain period to be eligible for the early access stuff? My key was registered in ~2012 and I can see it in the normal TSW login page but the same account won't work for Legends.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Phoix posted:

Did I need to login within a certain period to be eligible for the early access stuff? My key was registered in ~2012 and I can see it in the normal TSW login page but the same account won't work for Legends.

Originally they had said anyone who logged into TSW within the last 90 days or something like that. I dunno if they've stuck to that or not though.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I hadn't logged in in forever(way longer than 90 days) and my account worked and it said it transferred.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Make sure you are using your TSW account and not your funcom account. Unless they are the same.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

Lawlicaust posted:

It's the Patron icon in the upper left hand corner. $13 per month.

Huh I don't see it. Maybe because I had time come over from my tsw account.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Click the golden bee.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Lawlicaust posted:

The account page is up now but completely hosed. You can't transfer your TSW info.

What Funcom says we should all see:

What we actually see:

Actually I see the legacy transfer button

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

theblackw0lf posted:

Actually I see the legacy transfer button

Lawlicaust posted:

Looks like it might be fixed?

Edit: Transfer worked. Looks like the account page is down again though.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Gave it a go, really hate the new aiming system, if they put it on a console maybe I'll try again but welp, the secret world is dead to me now. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Yeah, it's kind of terrible. One thing that may help is that it really isn't really reticle targeting. It's just tab target at what you are pointing at (unless you have an actual cone or AoE ability). So you just have to mouse over what you want to hit once. It's still annoying as poo poo because you lose target constantly in groups of mobs.. Would be nice if there was a target lock function.