Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Lawlicaust posted:

Make sure you are using your TSW account and not your funcom account. Unless they are the same.

Yeah I was trying both but it seems totally busted now anyway. All Funcom services tell me my password is incorrect even after copy and pasting a reset password.

edit: so I made a new account and was able to log in right away, but my five year old account doesn't work. :v:

Phoix fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jun 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
That's obnoxious. You'll probably have to get a GM to fix it.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
I'd really like to be able to disable seeing levels next to everyone's name.

Also, ability queueing has too wide a window. I keep queueing a left/right click and then I have to wait to use another ability.

Still don't see a subscribe option, but they don't need my money now anyways, I guess.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

The subscribe is the gold bee icon next to the menu in the top-left.

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

Should I go buy everything I can on my TSW account before linking SWL?

e: Templar guild ruled, no drama no problems

Pedestrian Xing fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jun 24, 2017

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

And somehow out of the entire killer chipmunk costume only the mask transferred. God drat it, Funcom. You can't even handle transferring items right.

Oh uh, where can I get different weapons?

Fantastic Alice fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jun 24, 2017

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Do we have a guild yet?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Exmond posted:

Do we have a guild yet?

All the good/funny names were blacklisted. Even the word goon is blacklisted. Thanks, Funcom.

I snagged the name Lowtax's Bees if anyone thinks that's a cool cabal name.

E: Apparently we can change the faction name later. Post your character names for an invite. I think you have to be online for it to work, :iiam:.

E2: Three runs through polaris, 15x distillates and 0 'real' loot. Woop.

Richard M Nixon fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jun 24, 2017

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Is there any way to upgrade item quality pips? For that matter, are the dungeon drop talismans with special effects worth using if they're 1 or 2 pips?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Amante posted:

Is there any way to upgrade item quality pips? For that matter, are the dungeon drop talismans with special effects worth using if they're 1 or 2 pips?

For Aurum yes. And it depends on the effect. Some are really loving good.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i didn't get any of my clothing items when i claimed tsw legacy things im sad

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Amante posted:

Upgrading item rarity takes two max-lv items, so if you have a 3* item and a 1* item at max lv, you can combine them and turn the 3* into the next rarity level and find a good use for the 1* garbage.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Doorknob Slobber posted:

i didn't get any of my clothing items when i claimed tsw legacy things im sad

Did you check your dressing room? Is your character the same gender as your TSW character?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Just did the tutorial. Feel it gave far more of an impression of what the game actually becomes versus the old version.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Richard M Nixon posted:

Did you check your dressing room? Is your character the same gender as your TSW character?

maybe not the same gender, that is a bummer

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Richard M Nixon posted:

Upgrading item rarity takes two max-lv items, so if you have a 3* item and a 1* item at max lv, you can combine them and turn the 3* into the next rarity level and find a good use for the 1* garbage.

That's not what he's asking. He's asking if you can turn a faded into a luminous and a luminous into a radiant. You can but it costs Aurum. It's in the fusion tab.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Lawlicaust posted:

That's not what he's asking. He's asking if you can turn a faded into a luminous and a luminous into a radiant. You can but it costs Aurum. It's in the fusion tab.
Ah, that settles that then...

How big of a difference is there between faded, luminous, and radiant in terms of stats anyway? Should I be aiming to get radiant items before upgrading heavily?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Bronetheus wasn't taken so that's what I'm going with.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Richard M Nixon posted:

Post your character names for an invite. I think you have to be online for it to work, :iiam:.

I'll take an invite. Character name is AerynSun.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Character name is Lefin, invite please :)

Eddalius
Oct 31, 2011
Gotta love this 3kb/s download speed. Is it downloading poorly for everyone then? Or is it the same problem I had with TSW where downloading the small files would reduce your download speed to nothing?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Amante posted:

Ah, that settles that then...

How big of a difference is there between faded, luminous, and radiant in terms of stats anyway? Should I be aiming to get radiant items before upgrading heavily?

You don't really need to wait because 1) you can feed the faded into the radiant to go from green to blue or blue to purple; 2) the stat difference is around 10% from faded to radiant so not that huge.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Correction: Brometheus, not Bronetheus. The joke doesn't work with an N.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Doorknob Slobber posted:

maybe not the same gender, that is a bummer

The unlocks should be account wide so a new character would fix that, if you cared enough.

SkullMuffinz
Jan 31, 2011

I like things that are dumb.
Sorry if this was already answered earlier, but I didn't see this specific issue after browsing the thread.

I tried launching TSW and it just launched SWL instead. I checked my files and they're still in two separate folders, but I can't seem to find the launcher for the original game.

Anyone have any suggestions, or maybe I'm missing something obvious? Thanks for any help.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
For AR/Blood should I be looking at an equal mix of Heal and Attack rating? I'm getting jittery about where to spend my points already, wah.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

In as EvilBillMurray. Let's do this

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

In as Shorty. Not a clue on what the hell I'm doing, but that's normal.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

SkullMuffinz posted:

Sorry if this was already answered earlier, but I didn't see this specific issue after browsing the thread.

I tried launching TSW and it just launched SWL instead. I checked my files and they're still in two separate folders, but I can't seem to find the launcher for the original game.

Anyone have any suggestions, or maybe I'm missing something obvious? Thanks for any help.

There are instructions here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSecretWorld/comments/6j3vg2/psa_change_the_localconfigxml_if_you_want_to_play/?st=J4AW9B7T&sh=b10f62f5

Minsky
May 23, 2001

hey I'll pretend to play this and would like a cabal invite name's Minsky.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Why did I join Sanctuary? They got worse.

Edit: I will never understand the need to go "ah that's better i love ignore buttons" when you mute players.

Double edit: I'm finally able to do social things. Now I'm in game as EvilBillMurray.

Len fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jun 24, 2017

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Len posted:

Why did I join Sanctuary? They got worse.

Edit: I will never understand the need to go "ah that's better i love ignore buttons" when you mute players.

If the other guy doesn't know you muted him or her, how do you exhibit your moral superiority

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

The mankini is 2000 aurum :laffo:

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Whats the good magic + gun build? Preferably pistols + what magic?

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I wasn't aware this was being rebooted tonight until a friend linked me a Reddit post, so I just followed a link to the SWL page, got into the account page and clicked the transfer button...

...but now I'm reading that I had to log in to the old TSW and manually equipped all my clothing or something? Am I going to be boned out of all the skins, costumes and pets I had then?

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Sophism posted:

I wasn't aware this was being rebooted tonight until a friend linked me a Reddit post, so I just followed a link to the SWL page, got into the account page and clicked the transfer button...

...but now I'm reading that I had to log in to the old TSW and manually equipped all my clothing or something? Am I going to be boned out of all the skins, costumes and pets I had then?

Well, I didn't log into the old game before transferring and a lot of my stuff transferred, including weird stuff like the ARG hoodie and my MMORPG dot com T-shirt. I dunno if anything missed cause I don't remember at all what I had.

Eddalius
Oct 31, 2011
I'm in game as Edd.

Apparently all that transferred for me was my CDC respirator and my temple cat. Oh well.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Oh god. If you choose a hairstyle wich has hair fall on your face, eyebrows get superimposed OVER the hair.

WhiteBoyShuffle
Nov 1, 2004
Let's do this, in as Eloelle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkullMuffinz
Jan 31, 2011

I like things that are dumb.

Thanks for this, it fixed my issue perfectly.:toot: