Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

What? Do they have a club or something in Germany that is just the Chinese u20?

No. It's literally just the U20 Chinese national team taking the spot of a relegated club in a regional German league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I read somewhere that they only had 19 teams in the league for some reason so I don't know if the Chinese U20 team is really taking up a spot

also their games are gonna be all friendlies so not that big a deal

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

If some team got relegated, but you don't have enough teams for the league, the solution is not to get the Chinese u20 to join. You allow the relegated team to stay. There's got to be someone getting a kickback somewhere for this to happen.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I honestly don't see why letting a chinese team play in the equivalent of the Conference South (if that) is even that big of a deal?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
they don't get points too, it's only friendlies

quote:

German tabloid Bild had claimed the Chinese side would become a fully-fledged member of the league but the president of the Regionalliga later clarified that if they do join it will only be to play friendly matches.

"It's important to say that there will be no points at stake, so it won't influence the outcome of the league," Felix Wiedemann said on Thursday.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Wanna see all the South American u20s in the mls

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Waroduce posted:

Wanna see all the South American u20s in the mls

the usmnt should play in south america instead

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Milton Keynes Dons should play in the Chinese Super League

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

they don't get points too, it's only friendlies

it won't impact it until someone's best player gets injured playing in some meaningless friendly

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

algebra testes posted:

I honestly don't see why letting a chinese team play in the equivalent of the Conference South (if that) is even that big of a deal?

So, instead of promoting a club in Germany (which I'm sure there are plenty of), the German FA would rather help the Chinese U20 national team. Not to mention the fact that, yeah, these German players could very well get injured or the games could be demoralizing, which would definitely affect league standings indirectly. And it raises the question, what happens if a German player gets red carded in these matches? Are they just banned for the friendlies or are they banned for the other matches? Will there be repercussions if it's exceedingly violent?

I genuinely hope each one of those German clubs just boycotts the games. They're meaningless friendlies? Cool, they're under no obligation to play in them.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The Southwestern league had 19 spots this season tbh.

Then again it'd have saved a club from Pirmasens from relegation if China didn't interfere after the league got upped to 20 spots lmao (the club has pleaded for upping the numbers).

Also every club receives €15k per game played against the Chinese U20.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Russia's entire 2014 World Cup squad is being investigated for doping.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/24/russia-2014-world-cup-squad-fifa-doping-investigation

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

We should be so proud of football that a team can be doped to hell and still be absolutely terrible

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Vegetable posted:

We should be so proud of football that a team can be doped to hell and still be absolutely terrible

The logical conclusion is that the other teams are better at doping

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

poty posted:

The logical conclusion is that the other teams are better at doping

Also at football

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe they're being investigated for influencing the eventual winners.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

https://twitter.com/richard_conway/status/879406012507271176

Apparently first installment from this leak is tomorrow and it's on qatar, spicy.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
:munch: Let's see if they move the 18/22 World Cups to Brazil after this

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

all-Rush mixtape posted:

:munch: Let's see if they move the 18/22 World Cups to Brazil after this
They'll get moved to Switzerland.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Move it to Trumps USA lmao

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://twitter.com/danroan/status/879433047321567234

Its pointless and if there was anything properly spicy in there it wouldn't be published as they'd be sued into oblivion.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Some BILD dude on facebook via google translate posted:

Notes on the Garcia report:
Because now many questions and comments come, I will write a few lines for explanation.
For all those concerned with the issue of FIFA and the Garcia report, it is no surprise: No, the report does not provide the proof that the 2018 or 2022 World Cup was bought. It would also be too naïve to believe that people like Garcia or Borbely would have been able to find a definite proof of this.
No, the Garcia report lives on something else. It is like a puzzle that only makes sense when all parts are put together. And especially in the case of Qatar, there are extremely many puzzle pieces that lie on the table and do not give an overall picture only when they are completely naive. To some extent, the behavior of FIFA officials is only bold and impudent. An executive member threatened before his interrogation that if he wanted, he could exchange anybody anyway. What could be done to him?
According to our research, precisely this Garcia report has already contributed to the fact that many FIFA officials have been arrested or blocked for the last two years. This is the real merit of this report. A lot of content has already been reported, but never in connection with the Garcia report. It was the beginning of a great avalanche ...

Sounds like it's going to be underwhelming.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

https://twitter.com/richard_conway/status/879406012507271176

Apparently first installment from this leak is tomorrow and it's on qatar, spicy.

Bild claims many things

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Oh well, it was nice thinking something was going to happen w/r/t Quatarmageddon.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Oh well, it was nice thinking something was going to happen w/r/t Quatarmageddon.
It'll technically go to Saudi Arabia after their invasion is successful.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Garcia Report just dropped.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
At this point I'd get blue balls if they didn't get to actually execute the circus of poo poo that will be the World Cup 2022 after all the foreplay

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The report is here: https://www.fifa.com/governance/new...=twitter_button

It's in three huge parts, all hundreds of pages in size.

I'm in the first part on a section where the investigators call Beckenbauer a giant weasel for dodging and ignoring their questions and lying to the media about it.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
So is there a cliff notes version of this thing anywhere yet?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Qatar might not even exist by 2022

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Kurtofan posted:

Qatar might not even exist by 2022

Inshallah

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/SamBorden/status/879731361204097024

This dudes looked at the stuff on the US bid and goes on to say that the guy in charge of the medical stuff didn't say anything about playing in the heat in Qatar, his son got a job in a qatari hospital though which clearly had nothing to do with it.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
As someone who played baseball in the sunmer and football in the fall in Florida heat and all over the South East the lads are literally gonna die. I wanna k ow the Vegas line on someone dropping dead from heatstroke

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/prince-william-and-david-cameron-caught-up-in-fifa-corruption-scandal-report-20170627-gwzyl8.html

Vote swapping, honorary knighthood requests..tasty stuff

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

they only mention one official, and it's jack warner, and he demanded those things in public. What will be incredible is if England said yes.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Spangly A posted:

they only mention one official

Mong-Joon Chung + Nicolas Leoz + Jack Warner = 1?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Star Error posted:

What did Joon Chung do?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Ninpo posted:

What did Joon Chung do?

Apparently asked for a vote swapping arrangement

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Blue Star Error posted:

I got distracted and read them repeating a south american official wanting to meet the queen as singular

I do feel its slightly unfair to jack warner to lump him in with shady backroom dealers. When he wants bribes he demands them with integrity, and in public. Or he takes it from the disaster fund

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Star Error posted:

Apparently asked for a vote swapping arrangement

Well that explains your insult lol