Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

In as Busta, hook me up with a cabal invite!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Pls add to cabal - Sekenr

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Those sure are words on pages which are given in a sequential order!
This will be amazing acceptable. I'm in game as Afentu.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Did someone make a cabal? If not, I can but I'm going to be passing it to the first person that will take it from me!

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Lawlicaust posted:

Did someone make a cabal? If not, I can but I'm going to be passing it to the first person that will take it from me!

Richard M Nixon posted:

All the good/funny names were blacklisted. Even the word goon is blacklisted. Thanks, Funcom.

I snagged the name Lowtax's Bees if anyone thinks that's a cool cabal name.

E: Apparently we can change the faction name later. Post your character names for an invite. I think you have to be online for it to work, :iiam:.

E2: Three runs through polaris, 15x distillates and 0 'real' loot. Woop.

Sounds like it.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
K. Invite me then. Lawlicaust.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
lawlicaust explain to me dungeons and keys for chests

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I'm not going to lie, the practically-required sub at $13 a month to participate in the economy leaves an extremely bad taste in my mouth.

At that point I may as well go play LOTRO.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Third World Reggin posted:

lawlicaust explain to me dungeons and keys for chests

If you aren't a Patron/Lifetime, you get 10 keys a day. Each boss has a chest after it that you can open with a key. 90% of the time the chest contains upgrade materials. 10% it's loot which you would have to level from 1. If you are a Patron/Lifetime, you get 18 keys. Dungeons only give xp on the first complete. Yes, it's a loving awful system.

Tallgeese posted:

I'm not going to lie, the practically-required sub at $13 a month to participate in the economy leaves an extremely bad taste in my mouth.

At that point I may as well go play LOTRO.

Limited-participation in the economy. It basically just lets you trade, your auctions are still limited to 10 a day. Yes, it's a loving awful system.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Well yeah, but my life blood is direct trading, the mail system, et cetera.

I gave away a truckload of stuff yesterday. I couldn't even do that in SWL. That's insane.

I don't understand why there's not a Legacy status that grants those features without Patron, but even with that my will to play would be sapped knowing I'd have a hell of a time doing trades.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jun 24, 2017

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm just gonna play for the story and then wait until they improve stuff.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Invite afkmacro please. I'm so confused by these new mechanics.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Everyone who is online right now was invited except Brometheus who is ignoring them. Everyone who is in the cabal can invite other goons, so it should go faster now.

Alt-tab closes all the open UI windows you have, which is retarded. I guess I have to rebind the alt key.

Pryce
May 21, 2011
I thought existing accounts got all weapons unlocked? All my pages say they need to be purchased, and I did the account transfer yesterday :(

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Pryce posted:

I thought existing accounts got all weapons unlocked? All my pages say they need to be purchased, and I did the account transfer yesterday :(

Are you in Kingsmouth yet?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Pryce posted:

You have to get up to the point where you're standing on the platform about to go to Kingsmouth and then you can go menu -> delivered items and click claim TSW vanity items.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Lawlicaust posted:

Are you in Kingsmouth yet?

Ah, I had a feeling it was something like that. Thanks!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

420 full blood magic no secondary weapon

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

420 full blood magic no secondary weapon

I was in a dungeon with two blood users and it was a constant POW POW POW of explosions from them. Fun stuff.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I did a quick comparison with a buddy, both of us are 10 and he is chaos, I do 1/3rd of his damage

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The grenade mechanic for AR is very fun. Less so if you explode yourself.

Also holy poo poo loading times are blisteringly quick now.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Remember to post your char names to join the cabal.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Pryce posted:

Ah, I had a feeling it was something like that. Thanks!

Even then you may have to log out and back in because Funcom.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

lol so marks are silly, I don't have much for them with all weapons unlocked, so I guess I am gonna keep upgrading sprint speed

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

lol so marks are silly, I don't have much for them with all weapons unlocked, so I guess I am gonna keep upgrading sprint speed

It's the main item purchase currency so you'll probably eventually want some to buy items to feed your upgrades or buy poo poo from vendors. We do have a few months of grind removed thanks to unlocked weapon pages, which is awesome.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Yah weapon grinding seems painful

boxes in dungeons seems dumb

but on the other hand world bosses keep dropping items forever so

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Yah weapon grinding seems painful

boxes in dungeons seems dumb

but on the other hand world bosses keep dropping items forever so

Nope. First kill only. Get hosed.

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
I bought and played some TSW on Steam, but I don't know what my account name was. Is there any way to find out what it was, without having to download 48GB through steam?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

I still haven't seen anything that fundamentally different than the original game, I don't under why they couldn't/didn't just convert the original to freemium or whatever. I'm in KS questing and everything is the same except I get dailies and area specific kill 10 bear asses quests that pop up.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Because they wanted to reset the economy and skills. Hard to sell anything to anyone when they have millions of Pax.

There are a lot of UI upgrade and skill/animation overhauls. But that's an expansion for any other game.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

afkmacro posted:

I still haven't seen anything that fundamentally different than the original game, I don't under why they couldn't/didn't just convert the original to freemium or whatever. I'm in KS questing and everything is the same except I get dailies and area specific kill 10 bear asses quests that pop up.

I can answer this: the answer is Greed.

How do you justify, in the Year of our Lord 2017, taking away:

1) The mail system
2) The ability to direct trade without a sub
3) The point stipend you get for subscribing

...without a new game?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Richard M Nixon posted:

Remember to post your char names to join the cabal.

I'm back on in as Shorty.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Tallgeese posted:

I can answer this: the answer is Greed.

How do you justify, in the Year of our Lord 2017, taking away:

1) The mail system
2) The ability to direct trade without a sub
3) The point stipend you get for subscribing

...without a new game?

That last one is probably because nobody fought Funcom to get one. Last time around the forums argued Funcom into giving a stipend the original plan was just all future content for free.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Lawlicaust posted:

Because they wanted to reset the economy and skills. Hard to sell anything to anyone when they have millions of Pax.

There are a lot of UI upgrade and skill/animation overhauls. But that's an expansion for any other game.

There can't be much of an economy when most people can't trade and have hard limits on AH listings per day.

Plus, most people in TSW had no pax. You know the guy who ran TSWDB? He never had more than 3 million on hand at any point.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Len posted:

That last one is probably because nobody fought Funcom to get one. Last time around the forums argued Funcom into giving a stipend the original plan was just all future content for free.

People bitched a lot about it in beta. Didn't really matter. They absolutely weren't giving one.

The relaunch is making them tons of money I'm sure. I've been playing the Aurum market the last day and people are just dumping money into it.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Ugh. I'd play the market but unless I can buy Patron direct with Aurum, what's the point?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Lawlicaust posted:

Nope. First kill only. Get hosed.

haha

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Short-term, sprint upgrades and bag space. Long-term, AP/SP without having to grind.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

I don't know how I feel about it, but the cache keys we get are pretty expensive so that's a nice bonus.

There isn't a single unified cash shop, is there? I haven't found where to buy the reagent that lets me upgrade items with aurum so I'm guessing it's part of whatever ui element we use for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Richard M Nixon posted:

I don't know how I feel about it, but the cache keys we get are pretty expensive so that's a nice bonus.

There isn't a single unified cash shop, is there? I haven't found where to buy the reagent that lets me upgrade items with aurum so I'm guessing it's part of whatever ui element we use for it.

That one is in the fusion tab.