Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

WampaLord posted:

Isn't that the Floorshitter(tm)?

E: LMAO

Isn't that pretty profitable if you do it right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Why isn't running up the score more celebrated in our culture

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

empty whippet box posted:

Isn't that pretty profitable if you do it right?
Last I heard, "doing it right" generally involves not paying your own utility bills. Or using other people's computers.

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

Pellisworth posted:

floor shitter

If that floor shitter gets an in to marijuana cash processing, I'm going to find his house and poo poo on his patio every morning for months on end.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pumpinglemma posted:

Last I heard, "doing it right" generally involves not paying your own utility bills. Or using other people's computers.

A friend of mine invested $2400 in machines recently and has been averaging $25-30 in profit a day from it(after electricity costs) which actually seems pretty reasonable to me. Even if you only made $20 a day, you'd break even after a few months and would then have passive money generators. If you could invest 10-12000 and a few months you could then be making $100 or so a day for doing jack poo poo, which seems like a really sweet deal to me. But I've never done it myself and don't know much about it.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

A friend of mine invested $2400 in machines recently and has been averaging $25-30 in profit a day from it(after electricity costs) which actually seems pretty reasonable to me. Even if you only made $20 a day, you'd break even after a few months and would then have passive money generators. If you could invest 10-12000 and a few months you could then be making $100 or so a day for doing jack poo poo, which seems like a really sweet deal to me. But I've never done it myself and don't know much about it.

Is he actually able to cash those bitcoins out as money, or is that still a clusterfuck run by the Magic the Gathering Exchange?

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Is Cory Booker even like a "thing" anymore? I don't hear from him anymore really. I hear more from like, Kamala Harris or Tulsi Gabbard.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Bitcoin can only go up, uP, UP!

BlueberryCanary
Mar 18, 2016
The problem with Kennedy retiring is that the last time there was a decision on political gerrymandering, Kennedy was the only one on the fence. He asserted that political gerrymandering was probably unconstitutional, but that without a reliable statistical method of proving when/Where it exists the court could not stop it. Now that there are ways of identifying it, and a new case is coming down the pipeline, we really need him on the court.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lightning Lord posted:

Is Cory Booker even like a "thing" anymore? I don't hear from him anymore really. I hear more from like, Kamala Harris or Tulsi Gabbard.

Didn't the DNC give him the "Obama spot" at the 2016 DNC?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

BrandorKP posted:

Straight to personal attacks. Dun posting gud. Zuckerberg is terrible but there isn't anything wrong with anyone attempting to understand others. It's interesting how much you seem not to like that.

loving lol if you think Zuckerberg is trying to (or is actually interested in) understanding others.

The whole thing is an effort in optics. That's it.

Like every rich rear end in a top hat, Zuckerberg has strong opinions about how things should work, and understands that in order to get elected he first needs to jump through various hoops designed to shape the public's opinion of him. This whole Iowa thing is one of those hoops.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

I hate this loving guy

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Didn't Al Jezzera America indeed go out of business?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Wow, he looks noticeably younger in this. Like, 5-10 years younger.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

enraged_camel posted:

loving lol if you think Zuckerberg is trying to (or is actually interested in) understanding others.

Like every rich rear end in a top hat, Zuckerberg has strong opinions about how things should work, and understands that in order to get elected he first needs to jump through various hoops designed to shape the public's opinion of him. This whole Iowa thing is one of those hoops.
If 2016 taught us anything, it's that a lot of the things we think that politicians "have to do" don't actually have to be done.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Didn't Al Jezzera America indeed go out of business?

I'm guessing the tweeter meant AJ english

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

It was literally one year ago unless that's your joke.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

Most people want to change the world for the better. Even rich assholes like the Kochs. An example :

"But basically I was blessed starting at an early age to have learned certain principles, concepts and values that transformed my life and enabled me to accomplish more than I ever dreamed possible. Since that time I wanted to give as many people the opportunity to do the same. That is: to develop their full potential and become lifelong learners and lead successful fulfilling lives. Now, when somebody gets that thought in their mind and that’s what they’re thinking about every day, that affects their whole approach to life. They think, “I want to do that in my family. I want to do that in my communities.” - Charles Koch

Zuckerberg could do a tremendous amount of harm. But most who enter the morass poo poo storm of politics, do so because they are idealists with egos.

Current president excepted he's a moron and ego.

Bar Ran Dun fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 24, 2017

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

business hammocks posted:

Well I'm glad we're not the only ones aging rapidly under his presidency

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

cant cook creole bream posted:

How were Kennedys usual decisions? I don't know a lot about him. Just that he was appointed by Reagan, which doesn't sound promising.

Generally conservative, but has broken ranks at times.

I know this is one big echo chamber and conservatives are all terrible, but right-wing justices surprise people with their decisions more often than the liberal ones. Judge Roberts saved Obamacare. Kennedy has voted against party lines multiple times. Just because they were appointed by a Republican doesn't mean they'll only vote that way - Thomas and Scalia notwithstanding.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
As someone of Jewish descent I'm super interested/terrified to see what Trumpism will mutate into if/when the 2020 election comes down to Trump vs Zuckerburg - or anyeone else who is or can be plausibly coded as Jewish.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

business hammocks posted:

The point is that his health is clearly in decline. A healthy person, even someone who was running for president, shouldn't change that drastically in one year.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
the funny thing is facebook was pretty much the last ditch effort of a sub-par student

(Zuck had recently moved away from computer science and into psychology, a common path for those who can't hack it in CS)

he tries to spin it as taking some psych classes because he wants understand humans but if he hadn't dropped out to found FB he'd be another dumbass liberal arts major with a cs minor, which ironically would probably struggle to be hired by the social media baron of this alternate timeline. (Probably Tom from MySpace)

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

There Bias Two posted:

The point is that his health is clearly in decline. A healthy person, even someone who was running for president, shouldn't change that drastically in one year.

Agreed. Although, out of curiosity, do we have any good campaign trail and partly through year one photos of Obama (or, better yet, GW2)

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

enraged_camel posted:

Putting the foot down on the free press does wonderful things for your health

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Stress is terrible for a body and can gently caress one up pretty drat quick. Fat, LDL, blood pressure, sleep, it can mess with everything.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

BrandorKP posted:

Stress is terrible for a body and can gently caress one up pretty drat quick. Fat, LDL, blood pressure, sleep, it can mess with everything.

Tell me about it. I fell into deep anxiety and depression while in grad school for 3 years, and it looks like I aged closer to 10.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Lol like his blood pressure and body fat weren't already at horrible levels because he eats nothing but fried crap every day.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Agreed. Although, out of curiosity, do we have any good campaign trail and partly through year one photos of Obama (or, better yet, GW2)

http://www.boredpanda.com/before-and-after-term-us-presidents/

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

As someone of Jewish descent I'm super interested/terrified to see what Trumpism will mutate into if/when the 2020 election comes down to Trump vs Zuckerburg - or anyeone else who is or can be plausibly coded as Jewish.

We already have leftists accusing him of wanting to kill children and take their blood.

So the left has adopted blood libel. That's fun.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Fulchrum posted:

We already have leftists accusing him of wanting to kill children and take their blood.

I thought that was Thiel?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

citybeatnik posted:

I thought that was Thiel?

Yes.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Fulchrum posted:

That is Peter Thiel, like my bird friend above pointed out.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

im no bird

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Yes you're a camel.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Together we fight crime.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Lightning Lord posted:

That's DUANE!!!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Fulchrum posted:

It's not like we want to cripple Nazis ability to contact each other and share their viewpoint-reinforcing bullshit.

I dunno, that sounds pretty great to me.

edit: Oh wait, it's Fulchrum. I'm just gonna put you on ignore.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 25, 2017

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Thanks, that's great. But I meant more like at this point in the presidency. I know the presidency ages everyone, and for obvious reasons, but does it age everyone as rapidly as it has aged Trump? I don't recall Bush 2 having aged this much even after 9/11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pollyanna posted:

I dunno, that sounds pretty great to me.

Yes, that was sarcasm. We do want to do this thing.

Lightning Lord posted:

Someonehow, the distinction between the two men is deemed trivial, and leftists are more than happy to apply "wants to take the blood" to a Jewish man.

• Locked thread