Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Danaru posted:

Ditch that dude before you find a cat-sized patch of grassless dirt in your back yard

That's a rookie mistake. You cut out the grave shape by stomping on the shovel head to get a fair way down. You then cut a generous grid out of the plot and carefully extract your grass and root slices and put them to the side. Finish excavating. Put evidence in hole. Fill hole. Replace grass and roots, blend and disguise as best you can with spare dirt/grass. Water generously for a few minutes around and on the plot, fertilize the plot the next day. If the grass does die in a suspicious grave shape, it will take a while and hopefully enough time will have passed to soften the blow of losing Mittens/grandma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuddenExpire
Jun 29, 2005

expired...

La Brea Carpet posted:

My[26F] boyfriend[27M] put my cat on the side of the road and lied to me.

Neighborhood? more like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP5qPvCAyfE with the red car at 12 seconds

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

La Brea Carpet posted:

I[m21] haven't hung out with my gf[18] in 3 months

Find this one and read the comments. The OP is so dense he could form a black hole by collapsing.

is there a word for this? it's not ghosting since she's in communication, she's just soooooo busssyy

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

maskenfreiheit posted:

is there a word for this? it's not ghosting since she's in communication, she's just soooooo busssyy

...um, having sex with and dating another person?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Literally A Person posted:

if someone doesn't meet you in person for 3 months and isn't in another state you are not in a relationship

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

maskenfreiheit posted:

Breaking up homeopathically.

Their relationship is even stronger now that they only talk by naval flag signs ever fortnight.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

What exactly do you think sex is

EDIT:

That's what I mean. An other person.

Whoops I read that wrong too

Danaru fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jun 24, 2017

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

maskenfreiheit posted:

if someone doesn't meet you in person for 3 months and isn't in another state you are not in a relationship

That's what I mean. An other person.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

maskenfreiheit posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzrKi-QNnzA

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I thought the first sentence could have prepared me...

How do I [17F] stop obsessing over ex boyfriend [19M]'s sister, and how to avoid getting obsessed with new boyfriends [17M] sister?

She mad gay

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
I'm[24F] starting to think my boyfriend[28M] was lying about being a government spy

quote:

The title sound ridiculous, I know. I feel very stupid for believing this at all. This is going to be long, sorry.

We've only been together for about 6 months. We dated for about 2 months before that and he's always been very secretive about his past and life in general. When I first asked him what he did, he told me he had a boring government job. He was really weird about it when I tried to find out more. I didn't pressure him on it at first I thought he did something he might be embarrassed of like cleaning porta pottys or something. I didn't really care and figured he'd tell me in his own time.

Then shortly after we became "official", my boyfriend asked me to move in with him. The lease on my apartment was running out and I was struggling to find an affordable place that would accept my two dogs. I went over to his house for the first time and was completely shocked. It's this huge, three story house with tons of beautiful land and it's just amazing.I was a little nervous about moving in so soon, but it would be perfect for my dogs. So I said yes.

Boyfriend tells me he didn't tell me about the house before because too many people tried to use him for his money. I bought it. I also started noticing his flashy cars, expensive looking suits, fancy dinners...I'm thinking this guy is loaded. I get more and more curious about what he does for a living. He continues to be vague about it and says he works for the government.

About a month ago I noticed his passport was lying out on a table. It caught my attention because the house is always spotless and he has no personal things lying around. It's under a different name and shows recent trips to Russia and a couple other places.

I felt a little scared then and asked him about it. He "breaks down" and tells me he can't tell me exactly. He goes on to say that he's only saying this because he wants to marry me and that he knows he can trust me. He tells me he is a spy. I don't know. I don't know if I ever truly believed it, but it did make sense to me at the time. The money, the passport, the weirdness about his past...

So I go with it. Until this week when my boyfriend goes on one of his "trips" to an apparently classified country. He's coming back today and I pretty much think I'm going to confront them about all this. 1) He's a big Silicon Valley fan. I watched it while he was gone and one scene where a character is sleep talking in German caught my attention because my boyfriend recently did the EXACT SAME THING. 2)No pictures in the house, no social media, and no idea what his real name even is because I can't believe a word he says anymore. 3)I did find a huge pile of bills hidden under his side of the mattress and he is in massive, massive debt. Explains the large living. 4)I think the passport might be a prop. I'm not sure, I don't have one of my own to compare it to, but I suspect it could be. I do think he intentionally left it out for me to find. 5)The most damning. Two days ago, I saw him sitting in Barnes and Noble reading The Handmaids Tale wearing the same suit he left in. So obviously he never even left town and might even be hiding out in bookstores??

This whole thing is absolutely ridiculous and I feel like such an idiot.

tl;dr: I think my boyfriend is pretending to be a spy

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
To be fair, who would suspect the obviously-pretending-to-be-a-spy guy as actually being a spy? :thunk: Dude's opsec game is on point

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

SuddenExpire posted:

Neighborhood? more like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP5qPvCAyfE with the red car at 12 seconds

She named him Skidmark.

That's so perfect I'm gonna cry.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

SuddenExpire posted:

That woman is a goddamn hero.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Danaru posted:

My [15M] sister [24F] has this boyfriend [24M] who keeps nudging me to fight him because he's done 6 months of martial arts.

Probably also an r/relationships thread:

My [24M] girlfriend's [24F] brother [15M] acts like he hates me no matter what I do even after I got into martial arts just so we could have something in common.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

La Brea Carpet posted:

My sister (19F) threw a giant tantrum over my boyfriend (21M) not giving her a gift on my birthday (21F).

This is why you don't negotiate with terrorists.

Jesus Christ, this is like, chilling. Peeing on things as revenge in particular is a sign of mental illness. Destroying poo poo, cutting off people's hair, pouring glue on a cat, etc.- none of this is normal 5 year-old tantrum stuff. The parents hosed up by giving in but this girl is not well and they hosed up worst of all by not getting her help years ago.

Still, as the sister, how do you not just snap and scream in her face about what an entitled maniac she is at some point?? I'm not a yeller and don't have a temper, but with some of these stories like this involving really over-the-top unreasonable behavior, I don't know how people keep it together for years without blowing up at some point.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

HoAssHo posted:

Jesus Christ, this is like, chilling. Peeing on things as revenge in particular is a sign of mental illness. Destroying poo poo, cutting off people's hair, pouring glue on a cat, etc.- none of this is normal 5 year-old tantrum stuff. The parents hosed up by giving in but this girl is not well and they hosed up worst of all by not getting her help years ago.

Still, as the sister, how do you not just snap and scream in her face about what an entitled maniac she is at some point?? I'm not a yeller and don't have a temper, but with some of these stories like this involving really over-the-top unreasonable behavior, I don't know how people keep it together for years without blowing up at some point.

Now that she's an adult, you just hold birthday parties all the time and never give her anything until she really snaps. That leads to a 72 hour inpatient mental health stay with a BPD diagnosis as a parting gift.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Sometimes, people refuse to address their child's negative behavior because it triggers some guilt, anxiety, or insecurity which they really don't wish to address.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Doc Hawkins posted:

Sometimes, people refuse to address their child's negative behavior because it triggers some guilt, anxiety, or insecurity which they really don't wish to address.

It doesn't even have to be that deep. I see that clinically all the time. Kid has one tantrum, parent caves "just this once." Kid has the tantrum again the next week, parent doesn't give in right away this time, so the kid escalates to the point where they cave. Rinse and repeat until you've created a monster that is gouging their eyes out or throwing up on people on purpose or breaking their mom's fingers when they don't get their way. I guarantee the sister pitches fits over anything that isn't her way, not just birthdays. At this point the parents are basically held hostage to her tantrums. The anxiety is just fear that "Oh gently caress I really don't want to deal with that today."

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Dienes posted:

It doesn't even have to be that deep. I see that clinically all the time. Kid has one tantrum, parent caves "just this once." Kid has the tantrum again the next week, parent doesn't give in right away this time, so the kid escalates to the point where they cave. Rinse and repeat until you've created a monster that is gouging their eyes out or throwing up on people on purpose or breaking their mom's fingers when they don't get their way. I guarantee the sister pitches fits over anything that isn't her way, not just birthdays. At this point the parents are basically held hostage to her tantrums. The anxiety is just fear that "Oh gently caress I really don't want to deal with that today."

In your professional opinion, not that I'm advocating violence, but technically, would bitch slapping work?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

HoAssHo posted:

When dealing with someone like this, you just cut off all contact. It's just not worth the effort to blow up at them, it's just tiring and embarassing to deal with their poo poo and you don't want any of it any more

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

On her wedding that girl's sister is going to demand a husband too while pissing on the wedding cake.

Piss on the band.

Piss on the gifts.

Hike up one leg and take a good piss on the wedding dress.

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011
I just don't get why she brought her bf to her birthday party at her parents' house with her lunatic sister. Why would she do that? She had to know what was gonna happen, right?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Whole lotta denial going on.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

OctaMurk posted:

When dealing with someone like this, you just cut off all contact. It's just not worth the effort to blow up at them, it's just tiring and embarassing to deal with their poo poo and you don't want any of it any more

Oh definitely, that's the proper way to handle it - I'm not saying that screaming is a good way to handle it, but growing up together, the sister had no option to cut contact and it had to have been so infuriating.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
she should murder her famil tbh

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Esoteric Scientist posted:

I just don't get why she brought her bf to her birthday party at her parents' house with her lunatic sister. Why would she do that? She had to know what was gonna happen, right?

Maybe she was just thinking, "gently caress, I gotta get this over with at some point."

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

In your professional opinion, not that I'm advocating violence, but technically, would bitch slapping work?

Not Dienes, but a child therapist - no. That just increases the negative behavior. Psychiatric care and very consistent, firm boundaries from a young age work best. The sister isn't likely to change now because it works so well.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Apparently the sister doesn't just demands gifts at her sister's birthday but at friends' birthdays too. Lost friends over it too.

Mysteriously doesn't pull this poo poo when it's an older person's birthday.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Bonster posted:

Not Dienes, but a child therapist - no. That just increases the negative behavior. Psychiatric care and very consistent, firm boundaries from a young age work best. The sister isn't likely to change now because it works so well.

Bonster is right. Spanking and bitch slapping is typically ineffective and only escalates the situation. In the cases where it does get them to cut it out, it only works right there in the moment - its not going to cause a long-term change and now you're stuck hitting them constantly. I've seen cases where shock was used to effectively treat extreme violence, self-injury, pica, etc. when the person was near killing themselves or others, but that required 24/7 management from a large team of trained professionals to use correctly/ethically. For a likely BPD case like this, a bitch slap is more likely to just feed attention/reactions into it than actually curtail it.

Little sister needs to be Baker Acted and put through a medication regimen and intensive therapy, while her parents get training on how to set up boundaries and expectations effectively.

This will likely take a lot of time, money, and effort, so it will never happen. OP should just cut contact.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
My girlfriend [20/f] and I [23/m] have an amazing relationship except she might have cheated on me? What do I do?

quote:

So, we met each other in college and are still in college. Been together for over two years, she's awesome, we both love a lot of the same things (hiking, camping, adventures, video games, etc.). A few months back she suggested that we try having a threesome with some friends of ours that might be interested, which I agreed to! Fast forward a few weeks, we're in the middle of school and work, I'm stressed as gently caress, haven't been putting effort into flirting with people and my girlfriend out of the blue says she wouldn't mind if I slept with one of our friends alone, if I wanted to. I say great, thanks babe, and go back to work. The next week she informs me that she will be sleeping with a friend of mine that I knew she was attracted to while I was at work. I was basically not okay with this at all and told her so, but after days of cajoling and talking about it and reassurances that opening up our relationship would be good for us, I said okay. She sleeps with him and sets up a friends-with-benefits style thing, which I am also not comfortable with. I need to say at this point that I love this girl, and that I was going along with this because ideally I would also be free to pursue the same thing. A few weeks later we get drunk and she confesses that she'd been flirting with her guy for months, even before she talked to me about threesomes, and that she'd basically opened up our relationship to sleep with him. I was devastated then and still am. It's been months, we've struggled with it so much, but I still feel like I love her! I can barely bring myself to consider ending it but I can't escape the feeling that I allowed myself to be manipulated and used. All this hurt and anger has also hurt me in terms of actually flirting and getting out there, and as of yet I have not slept with anyone else. I feel like a fool, what do?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

maskenfreiheit posted:

My girlfriend [20/f] and I [23/m] have an amazing relationship except she might have cheated on me? What do I do?

"Reddit, I know exactly what I need to do. But I don't want to do it. I just want to hear all of you tell me what I know must be done, while I feebly justify not doing it."

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

That was a whole long thing that started with this trio of posts and like any tasty story it spirals way downward the deeper you look into it. Long story short, it turns out she went (or was) absolutely insane and is now single and likely homeless after driving away her fiance and his family, assaulting her nephew and sister and getting booted from home, tossing around the idea of suing her ex for the home she has zero claim on and getting laughed at, and generally being an insufferable fucker.

This is a reply to the 2nd post from the same lady.

quote:

If we intend to transition from a society that oppresses women to a woman-centered society, we should start with education. From a young age, women need to be taught the dangers of associating with men. We'd also teach them about PIV and the dangers of Trauma-Bonding to a male that come with it. They should be taught about men's toxic sexuality, the dangers of hetero-captivity, and how they need woman only safe spaces. We would also tailor men's education to helping them resist their necrophilic sexual urges (in the off chance that their violence and sexuality stems from societal conditioning instead of their flawed biology), that they never should congregate in groups, and to never speak or talk over women or invalidate their experiences.

If we continue in this for a generation or two, it's only natural that women will find the prospect of birthing a male child to be a shameful thing. So naturally, upon discovering their unfortunate turn of fate, many will likely abort them. Those that resist doing the sensible thing will be entered into a lottery to see if they are allowed to keep the bastard. Ultimately, we hope to get the male population down to approximately 10% of what it is today.

There will be no gas chambers. That's a male idea and women don't subscribe to it.

At the same time, women will begin working towards parthenogenesis which will render the male forever obsolete. Why run the risk of birthing a defective child who will one day grow up to attack and oppress women when you can have a daughter. It doesn't make sense and may be part of the reason my sister rebelled against the truth I was sharing with her. She is pregnant and I was pushing her to abort if it was a male. Her mind has been too colonized by the men in her life to see the common sense behind such an action.

We'd also only allow the most docile and non-violent of males to donate their semen; in hopes of breeding out some of the worst male characteristics.

In addition, we'd levy a tax on males and would redistribute the taxed income to women. If they lost an additional 50% of their income, their ability to coerce women financially into hetero-captivity would be significantly diminished. This would help keep women safe.

Over time, we'd begin limiting the number of men that are allowed to congregate in one place. If they are too dangerous to exist alone, they are far more dangerous in groups. I would think no more than three in one place at any time would be acceptable.

We'd remove anything that glorifies men as something that they obviously aren't. We'd smash any monuments that glorify male accomplishments, ban any media that shows them having attributes that they clearly don't (empathy, sensitivity, the capacity for love, etc). We'd also ban male participation in sports. I was in a bar drinking Monday night and realized, for example, that football is legalized male violence and as such is wholly unacceptable and needs to be banned; not only for glorifying male violence but also for elevating men to a position where they can serve as a role model (men rejoice in violence, not only against women, but also themselves).

I don't know that we'd want men to continue to be literate. It doesn't enlighten them and only serves to help them find new and more creative ways to torment women and destroy the planet.

We'd also ban men from holding public office, participating in medicine (as modern medicine is biocidal to women), and participating in commerce. I'd think that ideally we'd train them in the manual arts and let them spend their days breaking rocks, cleaning the toxins they've polluted the planet with, and unmaking those things (e.g. nuclear power plants) that threaten to harm women's harmony with nature.

FactCheckMe had a rather entertaining solution that would also work, though I'm not certain if it is feasible in the short term. Though letting them resort to their base nature and take care of their own population problem behind concrete walls does seem rather appealing.http://factcheckme.wordpress.com/2013/01/09/what-logistical-problem/

Can't you just be lesbian and happy?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

blackmet posted:

This is a reply to the 2nd post from the same lady.

Can't you just be lesbian and happy?

found a picture of her

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Esoteric Scientist posted:

First dinner with the family is always a lil awkward isn't it

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Girl at work teasing me? (self.dating_advice)

quote:

I have been at this office job for about 6 months. I am at most a 6. She is easily an 8. Because of this I never thought twice about her. Out of nowhere, she gives me a sort of long, provocative look. This turned my world upside down. From her desk she continues to give me these looks. Out in the hallways, she acts like I DON'T EXIST. And I am terrified to even talk to her.

So, I have tried to ignore her, but of I accidentally look in her direction, I see her looking at me again, and I'm like WTF? At this point I feel like maybe she knows she's twisting me in knots, and gets a kick out of it? I finally get the courage to office email her, and she's kind of like 'what do you want?' Like it's inappropriate, or I'm bothering her? Again I'm afraid to talk to her, and she doesn't talk to me. The looks continue!

By now I'm losing sleep over it at night, and wish she had never looked at me in the first place. I was happy before all of this. So, last Friday morning I'm like wth, and I just emailed her asking her to lunch...

She does not even repy!
Not even a rejection. But now, she looks st me even MORE THAN EVER. And I'm actually pissed off now.

This is the worst part... Friday afternoon, before work ended, I stuffed a note under her car wiper that read something like 'Did you get my email? Can you just tell me if you're interested or not? Or if you have a BF? And my phone number...

NOTHING...

That's where I am now. And I don't even want to go into work on monday.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

maskenfreiheit posted:

Girl at work teasing me? (self.dating_advice)

This guy sounds like a serial killer

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Danaru posted:

To be fair, who would suspect the obviously-pretending-to-be-a-spy guy as actually being a spy? :thunk: Dude's opsec game is on point

Yeah. Real spies are paper-pushers who occasionally swipe documents to pass along or tape conversations and shadow people. Ian Fleming was a paper-pushing spy. James Bond was a brilliant piece of wish fulfillment and misdirection rolled into one. Everyone knew spies were handsome, womanizing, alcoholic daredevils once Bond hit the scene. Must have bought a few moles some breathing room from nosy civilians during the Cold War.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Better odds that the dude is part of organized crime rather than being James Bondage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Haifisch posted:

I [25/f] wasn't invited to my boyfriend's [29/m] close friend's wedding. The bride said the invitation wasn't a mistake but I can go if I want. I don't feel right going at this point but my boyfriend wants me to.

maskenfreiheit posted:

take yes for an answer you stupid loving redditor

I'd agree if the bride/groom had apologized for the mistake, but it sounds like they weren't apologizing, just going "oh, you can bring your 'girlfriend' if you really must." I don't think the OP is crazy for feeling unwanted there!