Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
I don't know why, but I'm loving the little drone station in Agartha. These little guys are what allow us to remotely get our poo poo from the AH. Every few seconds one will fly out of its box in the Agartha tree. They make me smile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
So I link my account today for the early access but I keep getting login errors at the login screen. Never mind I had to change my password

Oriental Hugs fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jun 24, 2017

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
There are no different servers for EU/US, right? And I would need to post my character name to get an invite to the goon chabal?

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
How do I disable the camera moving on its own?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

BabyFur Denny posted:

There are no different servers for EU/US, right? And I would need to post my character name to get an invite to the goon chabal?

No and yes.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Any trap weapons from the actual live version?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Hey someone hit EvilBillMurray up with a cabal invite

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
In again as Caecilius

edit: wow that was quick

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
So at this point, if I'm mostly interested in story stuff, is there a compelling reason to play SWL, or should I keep plugging away at my original flavor TSW character? Things don't sound so great right now on the new version, and I was already in blues mountains.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

can I get an invite as Splat.

Oh 2 more character slots showed up today.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

unimportantguy posted:

So at this point, if I'm mostly interested in story stuff, is there a compelling reason to play SWL, or should I keep plugging away at my original flavor TSW character? Things don't sound so great right now on the new version, and I was already in blues mountains.

I'm playing for the story too - I'm here because I'm going to want more story and SWL is the only place to get it. There isn't new content yet, but it's being planned/written so we may as well get comfortable in the new game.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Richard M Nixon posted:

I'm playing for the story too - I'm here because I'm going to want more story and SWL is the only place to get it. There isn't new content yet, but it's being planned/written so we may as well get comfortable in the new game.

That's pretty much how I feel about it too. I'll still keep playing my TSW characters, but I'll be considering my SWL character the 'trailblazer' so I have a better idea of how to do things in TSW.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

On now as Lefin, could I get a cabal invite?

HorrificBean
Dec 31, 2007
In as FizzBuzz, can I get an invite?

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Aye Doc posted:

i started a new dragon character, killed the gravekeeper in the little dream zone, picked up the lever he dropped & tried to put it on the door, and then the game overheated my laptop and forced it to shutdown. when I loaded it back up, I don't have a lever, it tells me to pick up the lever from the gravekeeper's body which is not there, and there's nothing else to do in the area!

i sure missed you, secret world :glomp:

Same thing happened to my computer during another part of the tutorial. I fixed it by running as far away from where the item was supposed to be (cell phone) and came back to it. If that didn't work, I would have had to do a day 1 support ticket. Good stuff funcom.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years

Richard M Nixon posted:

Here's some guild stuff to add to the op.

Playing with goons
We have a cross-faction cabal (guild) "Lowtax's Bees" (pending a vote for rename) for general shitposting, dungeon running, and erotic roleplay. You need to be online for an invite. Post your in-game username and someone will invite you. Everyone in the cabal (as of June) can invite, so it shouldn't be a long wait.

Speaking with goons
You can join our Discord channel/server/thing for out-of-game chat and VOIP so we can all hear your spergy voice and laugh at it.

Can Danith get an invite to the cabal?

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Requesting an invite as Malrubius por favor.

Also, just how does one play the aurum market? Is it too late, or is there still some profit left?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

If the guys who make Dark Souls went and released Dark Souls 4 and it was really dumbed down and easy then this is about how I feel currently with SWL.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

It's the ultimate game for people who hated the original but for some reason still wanted to play it. If you actually enjoyed it... go elsewhere, SWL isn't for you.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
all the missions are just too easy

you just go to the wiki and get the answer, bingo bango so simple

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Amante posted:

It's the ultimate game for people who hated the original but for some reason still wanted to play it. If you actually enjoyed it... go elsewhere, SWL isn't for you.

Your not the boss of me.

I like how everything that I actually enjoyed about the bad original TSW has been removed to make this a better overall poo poo game.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I made it through far enough to retrieve my stuff from TSW, but I think that's it for me. The new interface is just too much of a chore to work with.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

My favorite part so far is the people in the chat saying they have a feeling this is gonna be big at the steam (re)launch.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Invite TyrantWD

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Made the right call picking trickster to start with. Pretty sure I have no intention of changing weapons ever.

Wasn't convinced initially but the more I play the more I enjoy the combat changes & adjustments to the gameplay loop. Haven't gone hard at it though so I haven't seen the later grind yet.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Not sure if invites are based on account or on character. If they're character-based, can Philby can an invite?

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Drinkfist posted:

I like how everything that I actually enjoyed about the bad original TSW has been removed to make this a better overall poo poo game.
Streamlined poo poo (TM)

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Just did my account transfer and gonna start downloading this garbage. If the client is as poo poo as people say, I expect to be seeing you goons in-game some time this year. :V

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

The least they could have done was let us roll Phoenicians. The faction quests are out so they just needed to make a single opening cutscene and a tiny rear end hideout zone.

Edit: Doesn't the council of Venice woman in Egypt mention they operate out of the Library of Alexandria. gently caress I would have been sold.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jun 25, 2017

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Still mad at Andy mispronouncing Bangor :colbert:

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Last night Aurum hit the 300 mark cap. For about 2 minutes it lasted and there was a nice 150+ mark gap between the buy orders and the sell orders. I took my meager starting wallet of 5k marks and turned it into 50k. And then the undercutting started:

I made my profit so I can't really complain, but :ughh:

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Since you can only have a single character to start with: How does the initial class you choose matter? As far as I've understood, you get to choose any weapons you want later on? And ditto with faction, is it just for story elements now?

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
It's very expensive (i.e. time consuming) to level weapons now, so yes, you can choose other weapons later, but you're better off selecting something you actually want to play and sticking with it. Otherwise you're going to spend a lot of time grinding to be able to swap to something else.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Sjonkel posted:

Since you can only have a single character to start with: How does the initial class you choose matter? As far as I've understood, you get to choose any weapons you want later on? And ditto with faction, is it just for story elements now?

I'm not sure if it's a glitch I'm having or not since I haven't bought anything in SWL, but when I logged in a bit ago, my character select screen said I had two more slots to use.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

DancingShade posted:

Made the right call picking trickster to start with. Pretty sure I have no intention of changing weapons ever.

Wasn't convinced initially but the more I play the more I enjoy the combat changes & adjustments to the gameplay loop. Haven't gone hard at it though so I haven't seen the later grind yet.

yep. same thing, had a nagging feeling I should maybe change chaos to blood but everything works well.

Maybe I'm crazy but I'm actually enjoying the game, maybe because kingsmouth is so good and I wasn't here for a long time

E: what is it about shared world? weren't they supposed to instance it so you have 5-7 people online with you? I'm seeing dozens of dudes

E2: I just realized that Che who the Tokyo dude refers to is actually in Morningligh camp in Kinsmouth. All they need to do now is fix Adrian Zorlescu and it will be perfect

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Jun 25, 2017

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran
Yeah the market shenanigans definitely got out of hand tonight, I was able to turn my 15k MoF into 15k Aurum...no complaints.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Are Cabals character based or account based? A bunch of friends want to start they own so I'd make an alt to be with them.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

M2tt posted:

Yeah the market shenanigans definitely got out of hand tonight, I was able to turn my 15k MoF into 15k Aurum...no complaints.
so did this dude

Also, teach me how you did it

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Apparently 10 million or something in funny money was created out of thin air because people in chat were talking about exploits, bans and economy patches right before a hotfix.

Since there are no official forums who knows? :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

I'm trying not to be super angsty that of loving course at an unreasonable time I missed the chance to compete for money. Now it's going to be like TSW and the cheapest item is like 100k mof and the little people can get hosed.