Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Actually if T13 counts as a primal fight the music winner is Bahamut but I think that's cheating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i kind of thought that there'd be more mechanics to stun or silence because, you know, that's like half of our role skills on tank, but you know i guess not

It pisses me off that they make it something you can use and then bosses have a wind-up cleave move that would seem an obvious stun opportunity and they've made all bosses immune to pretty much everything

pissdude posted:

It's honestly kind of hosed up how rewarding PVP is. I've pretty much stopped doing all of my regular roulettes (except Frontlines roulette) at 70 because you can just queue for Shatter and get 50 verities win or lose. I've almost completely geared up my 70 SCH in verity gear within a day or so just spamming PVP, and plan on tackling the EX Primals by tonight. It kind of takes the piss out of the job quest gear you get and the dungeon upgrades etc, the upgrade path is just so easy and spammably short it's strange

Job quest gear? I did the 70 war quest and got the job action but unless I missed something didn't get gear.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Hien is like Varian Wrynn, but not lovely.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

How many times do you have to kill Ixion for that? just once?

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Kalenn Istarion posted:

It pisses me off that they make it something you can use and then bosses have a wind-up cleave move that would seem an obvious stun opportunity and they've made all bosses immune to pretty much everything

Job quest gear? I did the 70 war quest and got the job action but unless I missed something didn't get gear.

Check your inventory for a usable item that will pop open a bunch of gear into your inv.

Speaking of job quests, anyone have advice for the level 70 SMN quest? I can't stop Ymhitra from dying in the fight no matter what I do. I can't seem to figure out what's going wrong.

edit: Figured it out, needed to avoid luring the beams from the Orb through Ymhitra. I'm a dummy.

pissdude fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jun 25, 2017

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Kalenn Istarion posted:

You have to open the chest you get from the quest.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

pissdude posted:

Check your inventory for a usable item that will pop open a bunch of gear into your inv.

Speaking of job quests, anyone have advice for the level 70 SMN quest? I can't stop Ymhitra from dying in the fight no matter what I do. I can't seem to figure out what's going wrong.

I don't actually know what you mean. I just killed everything as it spawned and never once looked at the HP of the other folks. I'm guessing by dotting everything in the world I ensured I was the tank?

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

How many times do you have to kill Ixion for that? just once?

At least 6, assuming you get Gold ranking every time.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Omega the raid should be opening in about 10 days give or take, right? I think I read they planned to have it two weeks after the release but I don't remember.

And how is extreme Lakshmi? I was thinking about trying their new high end duty finder if it's possible at all to do it with a random group. It looks like there are only two blue rings in the game so if I want a full set of blue items I need her ring. Does it drop as loot or only purchasable?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Lakshmi EX is significantly easier than Susano EX.

Use the party finder, though, don't just random queue into a group.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I just watched the after the credits after the everything cutscenes.

Super mega chocolate spoilers seriously do not mouse over this:

Gosetsu AND the evil Doma lady are both alive!? I know this game has a tendency to avoid killing off important characters but holy poo poo.

My thoughts on these HUGE loving SPOILERS

I liked it because it feels like a Cid/Celes World of Ruin island ref. Also because Gosetsu himself is like "god drat I suck at dying".

Narratively, I suspect the purpose of Yotsuyu surviving is to set up a parallel between her and Fordola. We're going to see how two very different collaborators/traitors deal with being forced to live in a world where their garbage is proven false.

I also suspect that, to make the parallel more effective, one of them will actually learn something from the experience and the other will double down.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

yotsuyu is a lovely lady and i'm glad she survived

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
:agreed: now let me steal her clothes and then feed her to the sharks.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Captain Oblivious posted:

My thoughts on these HUGE loving SPOILERS

I also suspect that, to make the parallel more effective, one of them will actually learn something from the experience and the other will double down.

It's gonna be Yotsuyu for sure. Fordola doesn't have anyone "mentoring" her except an incredibly contemptuous Lyse. Yotsuyu is forced to interact continuously with a highly honorable, selfless Gosetsu.

That's before you even get into how Yotsuyu had a "tragic" backstory and Fordola had nothing presented justifying her throwing her lot in with Zenos.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Since we're talking post-MSQ, I've got a question about one of the stingers.

Is there any explanation for the Elidibus mask removal, and the Emperor's reaction to it?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Shy posted:

Omega the raid should be opening in about 10 days give or take, right? I think I read they planned to have it two weeks after the release but I don't remember.

Yeah, the normal version of Omega will be out on the 4th with savage two weeks after that.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Is there any explanation for the Elidibus mask removal, and the Emperor's reaction to it?

There's very little to speculate about, since almost nothing is known about Varis, least of all what could cause him to react that way.

As for Gosetsu and Yotsuyo, I hope that scene means that they're not dead but effectively out of the story for good. Not killing them for good was dumb, having them actually come back would be even dumber.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's gonna be Yotsuyu for sure. Fordola doesn't have anyone "mentoring" her except an incredibly contemptuous Lyse. Yotsuyu is forced to interact continuously with a highly honorable, selfless Gosetsu.

That's before you even get into how Yotsuyu had a "tragic" backstory and Fordola had nothing presented justifying her throwing her lot in with Zenos.

I don't know why you're putting quotes around tragic. It's pretty obvious Yotsuyu had a legitimately hosed up background. Obviously that doesn't justify aaaaany of the poo poo she did later on in life but yeah.

Agreed in general though. Yotsuyu is a broken person, Fordola on the other hand is a self made monster.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

Fordola on the other hand is a self made monster.

Hardly. She was born and raised as a subject of the Empire. She truly believed that everything she did was ultimately for the benefit of the Ala Mhigan people, because that's what the Empire's propaganda taught her.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Fister Roboto posted:

Hardly. She was born and raised as a subject of the Empire. She truly believed that everything she did was ultimately for the benefit of the Ala Mhigan people, because that's what the Empire's propaganda taught her.

Lmao if you read any of her angry speeches to Lyse and thought she bought any of that propaganda. She wasn't doing it for the glory and honor of the Empire. She hated those fuckers so much! She was just doing it because it was the most practical way to eke out a living with the hope of not living in slavery and squalor. She just never thought the empire could be overthrown because she saw Zenos' power and demeanor first hand. She didn't know the Eorzean Alliance had their own insane juiced up every growing god killer.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Fister Roboto posted:

As for Gosetsu and Yotsuyo, I hope that scene means that they're not dead but effectively out of the story for good. Not killing them for good was dumb, having them actually come back would be even dumber.

Endgame spoilers: Gosetsu's death was the most idiotic poo poo. The final straw in a string of stupid but unrelated plot points. I'm glad he's alive because the whole time they were monologuing at each other for 2 minutes straight I was internally yelling to just slide some of the drat rumble under the ceiling so he could put it down and everyone could get a move on.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

The Ascians use corpses to get around, right? Could Elidibus have hijacked Zenos' corpse?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Fister Roboto posted:

There's very little to speculate about, since almost nothing is known about Varis, least of all what could cause him to react that way.

I agree. If they just wanted Gosetsu to not be in the story anymore that was real fuckin easy because we were leaving everyone from Doma behind. So what was even the point of fake killing him?

e: basically everything that happens in the east is dumb with a few minutes of thought anyways, though it has a lot of cool parts mixed in with the dumbness

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jun 25, 2017

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

The Ascians use corpses to get around, right? Could Elidibus have hijacked Zenos' corpse?

Elidibus is Varis from another world.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Oh boy, this page looks like a bunch of CIA communications so I guess I should hurry up and finish the MSQ...

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

Blattdorf posted:

Elidibus is Varis from another world.

I think he might have had the late emperors face.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Well. We don't know all their rules but the one case we saw had them inhabiting a living person.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Haha motherfucking Estinien out of loving nowhere. Didn't think I'd see that guy again. Or that I'd be glad to.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
How's 4.0 MCH? It looks somehow even more complicated, but also kinda neat.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

UHD posted:

Haha motherfucking Estinien out of loving nowhere. Didn't think I'd see that guy again. Or that I'd be glad to.

absorbing nidhogg's eyes with a lance you're calling nidhogg seems like something that is going to come up again

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Argas posted:

Well. We don't know all their rules but the one case we saw had them inhabiting a living person.

I'm pretty sure, in the summoner questline in heavensward, we saw them inhabiting corpses, but that was something for lesser ascians who weren't powerful enough to take over living bodies.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Draynar posted:

I think he might have had the late emperors face.

Can't be, wasn't he old as poo poo when he died?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

hobbesmaster posted:

absorbing nidhogg's eyes with a lance you're calling nidhogg seems like something that is going to come up again

Dude breaks an entire oil pipeline in a single stab. Given he's still got some of that red draconic aura and says "and now you're done for good" when he stabs the eyes I think it's a safe bet to say Estinian's super charged from his possession but Nidhogg's mind/spirit is forever gone now.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Eopia posted:

I'm pretty sure, in the summoner questline in heavensward, we saw them inhabiting corpses, but that was something for lesser ascians who weren't powerful enough to take over living bodies.

It's been a while since I did those then so I don't quite remember. Pretty sure that wouldn't apply in this case considering the character.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

I didn't remember that bit. Obviously.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.
Some day I'll be able to make a character on Excalibur. Some day...

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

hobbesmaster posted:

I don't doubt it'll come up to some degree, but the way I saw that scene was that he popped the eyes for good and the whole point of it was Square showing that that particular plot device's role in the story is now properly and legitimately over.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Kanfy posted:

I don't doubt it'll come up to some degree, but the way I saw that scene was that he popped the eyes for good and the whole point of it was Square showing that that particular plot device's role in the story is now properly and legitimately over.

Yeah, that was my interpretation. During that entire scene I was thinking "no Estinien you idiot don't try to use their power for good again" and then when he stabbed them I felt super relieved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Stinger spoilers: A couple of friends of mine have theorized that It's Gaius behind inhabited behind the mask, which would explain why he's so shocked by it and it would be someone the audience would recognize.