Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

I love how the MP is such an iteration on the ROTF Leader. I love seeing iterative and revolutionary design trends. Like, there's a lot of the ROTF leader, but there's also some Battle Blades in terms of how the torso forms up, and even shades of the DOTM voyager in how the backpack compresses.

The way the MP uses the real headlights is wild.
I hate almost anything movie/bayverse-related and this is disgusting to read on many levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The movies made the toy development team better. The engineering demands pushed toy design forward by about 6 years between 2007 and 2010, compared to previous trends. And Movie Trilogy Prime is a slick, athletic design with real dynamism and (murderous) character.

Embrace the Bayformer. You'll be happier once you have.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

The movies made the toy development team better. The engineering demands pushed toy design forward by about 6 years between 2007 and 2010, compared to previous trends. And Movie Trilogy Prime is a slick, athletic design with real dynamism and (murderous) character.

Pics or it didn't happen

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DoctorWhat posted:

I've enjoyed several bayformers, but engineering does not easily supersede the aesthetic requirements of a given consumer. Especially in an era where you can pick and choose your flavor of aesthetics and see engineering at largely the same average across the board.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

TheDK posted:

Pics or it didn't happen

MP-05 is pre-Bayformer

MP-36 is post-ROTF.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Bayformers made them much more comfortable using fake vehicle mode parts on the robot, since there was literally no other way to make their designs work. I don't consider them getting comfortable using fake parts on Masterpiece figures a good thing.

TFRazorsaw posted:

they were going for actionmaster Prime. It's a pretty dumb idea.

DoctorWhat posted:

It's ACTION MASTER OPTIMUS PRIME
But... the boxart they showed had his alt mode on it...

I actually would have gained a kind of perverse respect for them if they had taken a regular Optimus Prime figure and superglued the hell out of it to turn it into an Actionmaster. I still would have laughed at them and I never would have bought it, but at least it would have been something.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Knormal posted:

Bayformers made them much more comfortable using fake vehicle mode parts on the robot, since there was literally no other way to make their designs work. I don't consider them getting comfortable using fake parts on Masterpiece figures a good thing.

Fake parts own, actually.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
It depends on how the fake parts are used

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Knormal posted:

It's all to prepare for Masterpiece Ginrai. Check and mate.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Question about the Last Knight I instantly forget what happened in every Transformers movie except the first one, did they ever explain how Megatron came back after being Galvatron?

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Knormal posted:

But... the boxart they showed had his alt mode on it...

Yes, since Action Master Prime came with a big rig (with a base mode, etc.) he drove around in. Trucks all the way down/Truckception if you will. But yeah, that's why he's hanging off the side of it in the art also. Maybe they're trying to get you to imaginary buy two of the toy that isn't being made?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Medullah posted:

Question about the Last Knight I instantly forget what happened in every Transformers movie except the first one, did they ever explain how Megatron came back after being Galvatron?

Look in your heart, you know what the answer is.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Blackheart posted:

Look in your heart, you know what the answer is.

I...STILL...FUNCTION...!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Medullah posted:

Megatron's name change and new body are never mentioned or explained.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Keldroc posted:

Megatron's name change and new body are never mentioned or explained.

Interesting. The one thing that kept it from being a 100% RT movie, to be certain.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
TFsource had preorders on LG-EX Black Convoy and I got in. 90 bucks but jeez I can't miss this.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I feel so blessed lately with non-G1 stuff. I can't wait to have Black Convoy.

And with each new release their excuse for not doing more wears thinner and thinner.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's finally time for an updated Nightscream.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Blackheart posted:

sure.

Batformers are always cool.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
We must be due a new CHUG Ratchet and Jazz soon. Power of the Primes, please deliver!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

But we already have a really good Jazz.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Blackheart posted:

As the monkey's paw curls another gnarled finger, a new Mindwipe recolor is formed

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Blackheart posted:

You can't lose with Beast Machines homages because so many of the original Maximals were either deeply flawed and could use an update or the tears from certain segments of the fandom over something that isn't G1 getting a little love provides quality entertainment either way

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I just saw an ad for TLK that said "Experience the Final Chapter". It aired during the first episode of The Mist so I'm not sure if that was before or after the movie was released. I wonder if they are pulling a Pirates of the Caribbean and changing plans now?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Tighclops posted:

You can't lose with Beast Machines homages because so many of the original Maximals were either deeply flawed and could use an update or the tears from certain segments of the fandom over something that isn't G1 getting a little love provides quality entertainment either way

Reminds me of TFW whinging that the new version of MP Optimus Primal is "wasting a slot".

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
What the gently caress else could the MP from 1984 at this point.
In fact, they're doing Sunstreaker it's not like they aren't going to get to every single 1984 robot and then probably loop around and do Optimus and the Autobots ALL OVER AGAIN

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

There's still a lot of characters from G1 season 2 and 3 left at this point. Quite a few minibots.

You know, all those essential characters who basically just showed up.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I just saw an ad for TLK that said "Experience the Final Chapter". It aired during the first episode of The Mist so I'm not sure if that was before or after the movie was released. I wonder if they are pulling a Pirates of the Caribbean and changing plans now?

It was definitely on TV commercials during May and in the beginning of the month. Basically it sounds like they're prepared to do a soft reboot if Bay's really done with the series (and since Bumblebee is set in the '80s).

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

What the gently caress else could the MP from 1984 at this point.
In fact, they're doing Sunstreaker it's not like they aren't going to get to every single 1984 robot and then probably loop around and do Optimus and the Autobots ALL OVER AGAIN

Jazz
Cliffjumper
Mirage
Hound
Trailbreaker
Gears
Brawn
Huffer
Windcharger (must come with lab coat)
Reflector
Bombshell
Kickback
Shrapnel
Skyfire
Overdrive
Camshaft
Downshift
Snarl
Slag
Sludge
Swoop
Scrapper
Mixmaster
Scavenger
Hook
Bonecrusher
Long Haul

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

Reminds me of TFW whinging that the new version of MP Optimus Primal is "wasting a slot".

Because everything "wastes a slot" to them. Not only non-G1 stuff, simple quick cash-grab repaints "waste a slot" to people because clearly if MP43 1/3 Sleep mode clear black shadow nemesis Convoy didn't exist we'd already have Masterpiece Bugly.

It also reminds me of dudes who whine that they're being forced to buy one because it gets its own number, and being completionists means it's the same as being forced to at gunpoint.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Sentinel Red posted:

Overdrive
Camshaft
Downshift

we're counting these guys? really?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Captain Blaargh posted:

Yes, since Action Master Prime came with a big rig (with a base mode, etc.) he drove around in. Trucks all the way down/Truckception if you will. But yeah, that's why he's hanging off the side of it in the art also. Maybe they're trying to get you to imaginary buy two of the toy that isn't being made?

Oh yeah, missed him hanging on the truck on the boxart. And the Actionmaster truck turns into a plane, it acually... kind of makes sense?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I think the idea is that the titan masters are the actionmasters themselves and the bigger robots are just their vehicles. So it's kind of like the Actionmaster Elites, I guess.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

What are the good Jazz toys? I don't have one, and Jazz rules.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Sentinel Red posted:

Windcharger (must come with lab coat)

loving YES TO THE LAB COAT!

Sentinel Red posted:

Overdrive
Camshaft
Downshift

Really? Are you wanting all G1 toys re-done or do you mean G1 show? Cuz these guys were never from the show. Plus they'd have to do all the other combiners too.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
gently caress yeah I'm counting the Omnis. Well, just one really - Overdrive has a visor and turns into Thomas Magnum's Ferrari*. That makes him better and cooler than the various persons of this thread combined.

Personally, I don't care about the S2 combiners, they did nothing for me, didn't have them, didn't want them. I'm not really fussed about the remaining S2 cars and minibots either, except for Skids. To be honest, once Jazz, Skids, the 84 minis, Trailbreaker, Mirage and Reflector are done, I'm done, and will take up gardening or something instead.

* Okay, okay, technically it's Robin Masters' Ferrari.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

What are the good Jazz toys? I don't have one, and Jazz rules.

Generations Jazz is the best, and honesty only good one.

There was a War/Fall of Cybertron one, but that wasn't very good at all.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Sentinel Red posted:

gently caress yeah I'm counting the Omnis. Well, just one really - Overdrive has a visor and turns into Thomas Magnum's Ferrari*. That makes him better and cooler than the various persons of this thread combined.

Personally, I don't care about the S2 combiners, they did nothing for me, didn't have them, didn't want them. I'm not really fussed about the remaining S2 cars and minibots either, except for Skids. To be honest, once Jazz, Skids, the 84 minis, Trailbreaker, Mirage and Reflector are done, I'm done, and will take up gardening or something instead.

* Okay, okay, technically it's Robin Masters' Ferrari.

Oh drat I forgot about Skids.

Honestly I'm good with CW gestalt teams or 3Ps.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I'm not sure how you have a last chapter of a series that has no cohesive narrative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I kinda want one of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80znxVXrb3c