Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6jepuv/chill_out_on_financial_speculation/djdqdya/

There is no :psyduck: large enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal

I love the fourth thread from the top. I, as well, worry that thr bank will martyr the PC game messiah to make it a dirty console shooter a la CoD.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

god drat he shook as gently caress. la la la la there is no loan, there is no loan, derek shart is the loan!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Infogrames presents: A Loan in the Dark.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Mr.Tophat posted:

gently caress yes

Looks like I'm reading this thread regularly again

:munch:

:orb:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

SelenicMartian posted:

This is incredible and now I want to replay that series and absorb my cowboy clone all over again or whatever you did at that part I forgot

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6jepzi/psa_massive_amount_of_misinformation_spread_in/djdszz0/

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

serious norman posted:

is the game out yet

Game is out

of money.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

username checks out

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

I love this thread because they could just as easily be talking about CIG.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Make Star Citizen Game Again!

(refactor the swamp)

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's totally 100% normal to put up everything in a company to get a loan

This is fine

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Oh I wish CIG would come out and talk about this.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
has anyone said you never go full burn yet

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

SelenicMartian posted:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

The Hindenburg is not crashing, it's landing, why would it crash, it was not designed to crash, those flames are fake news, I envy those passengers as they can afford luxury, I wish I was aboard and closer to the technological marvel, I pledged my life savings for the next voyage, you're a dope if you get a refund just because you heard some guy on the radio cry about the humanity of it all, he clearly doesn't know the first thing about aviation, furthermore if derek smart touches a flying vehicle it commits a terrorist action by default

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I love how many of them don't want the 150 million dollar (of their money) company to give any kind of statement clarifying why they mortgaged everything on this loan.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

CIG are selling non existent speeder bikes in packs of 5. Forget the loan, this tells you everything you need to know about their finances.

Get one for your gran! Put 2 in the back of your Idris! And save a couple for those sexy yet time poor space girls you are 100% going to meet in the verse!

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Xaerael posted:

So, I've fine tooth combed it, and due to previous experiences through a third party loving up buying rights, nearly going bankrupt through over manufacture and under performing sales, and having to get a bailout loan, I can say with 100% certainty...

This is a bailout loan. Abandon ship anyone with any skin left in the project.

The collateral is solid. The bank is insured to a point on business loans, so they can take a reasonable hit and offset the losses by repo-ing everything and auctioning it all off. Music can be sold pretty easily to stock music companies who resell as trailer music, abandoned art assets can be auctioned off to F2P mobile games, and I'm sure some tasteless banker would LOVE a dumb impractical airplane wing desk.

We should all chip in and buy THE DOOR

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

God this is such a load of horseshit.

Guys, listen to me. Companies that have a source of pure obligation-free income often go to banks instead and take out loans like this all the time. I think. I mean, probably. I hear the word loan a lot? And those loans probably always require you to put the entire company and everything it created up as collateral, I guess! I mean, I have no loving clue what I'm saying. If you reduce this to individual pieces, like the word "Loan" and the word "Collateral" and ignore literally everything else then it starts to seem very boring and my eyes kind of glaze over and that's the feeling I usually get from CIG presentations. This means that everything is right on track!

Look, clearly CIG is investing some of its rebound capital into bitcoin futures based on a prescient understanding of the declining marginal tax rates in the Queen's post-brexit sterling overhead consumer goods investment economics finance. I can say that because I am a CPA. A certifiable, petulant rear end in a top hat.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

:vince: :five:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

I love how many of them don't want the 150 million dollar (of their money) company to give any kind of statement clarifying why they mortgaged everything on this loan.

Just be cool and we'll be smoking jpegs in no time! He assured me that they were fidelitious before he went inside the house, we just have to wait a little while longer guy! Just be cool! My guy knows what he's doing! The more FUD the longer we have to wait for the good stuff!

*blithely waits 2 weeks*

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
This is the funniest era of Star Citizen so far. I've never laughed so much at reddit as I have this past 24 hours. Watching the mental stumbling that is going on is worth every penny and more that I backed this thing for

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Hezzy posted:

We should all chip in and buy THE DOOR

Hell yes. Id like to pledge for a Door Commander package.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Lets get in amongst it

https://twitter.com/commando_tom/status/879010193799073793

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Sarsapariller posted:

God this is such a load of horseshit.

Guys, listen to me. Companies that have a source of pure obligation-free income often go to banks instead and take out loans like this all the time. I think. I mean, probably. I hear the word loan a lot? And those loans probably always require you to put the entire company and everything it created up as collateral, I guess! I mean, I have no loving clue what I'm saying. If you reduce this to individual pieces, like the word "Loan" and the word "Collateral" and ignore literally everything else then it starts to seem very boring and my eyes kind of glaze over and that's the feeling I usually get from CIG presentations. This means that everything is right on track!

Look, clearly CIG is investing some of its rebound capital into bitcoin futures based on a prescient understanding of the declining marginal tax rates in the Queen's post-brexit sterling overhead consumer goods investment economics finance. I can say that because I am a CPA. A certifiable, petulant rear end in a top hat.

You are more qualified than me to speak on such a matter, but only just. I once took out a loan in theme park and never paid it back, because I only understand the happiness of my guests, the caffeine content of my coffee shops, and the yearnings of handymen to mow grass all day.

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013
Do we know if the bank got LTI?

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Don't touch the poop.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

big nipples big life posted:

I'm sure the nutball that emailed the vice president at the bank will get a detailed reply that will put this issue to rest.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Nellistos posted:

Do we know if the bank got LTI?

I think they got the whole LLC, LTI and all.

e:

Thoatse fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jun 25, 2017

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My guess is that Chris himself insisted on Coutts and Co. because he knew that was where rich people banked and he was A Successful Game Developer that would obviously bank where rich people banked.

"well of course I negotiated. Coutts said that all the rich successful people they service pay 15% interest and use whole companies as collateral. They even said they would waive the "space cat" tax because I was such a tough negotiator. Well, actually, yes they did giggle a little when they mentioned the "space cat" tax. How did you know that?"

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Colostomy Bag posted:

I'm sure the nutball that emailed the vice president at the bank will get a detailed reply that will put this issue to rest.

I hope the bank has good security, they might have to deal with the Dark Knight and Space Bunny.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

his nibs posted:

Don't worry. This is normal. Everything is fine.

Hey, it's the guy from my av! Who is that?

Fat Pink Mast
Jun 25, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gravity_Storm posted:

CIG are selling non existent speeder bikes in packs of 5. Forget the loan, this tells you everything you need to know about their finances.

Get one for your gran! Put 2 in the back of your Idris! And save a couple for those sexy yet time poor space girls you are 100% going to meet in the verse!

I'm glad of it.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
So can anyone think of a reason why CIG UK would want to take out a significant loan which doesn't have massive negative connotations? The only thing I could think of was that they wanted to buy some new offices or some poo poo, but then you normally just guarantee a loan for property with the property itself...

If I had to guess I'd say CIG is really low on funds but know that backers wouldn't support a major sale before 3.0 is released. Solution is to borrow a few million quid to keep them going until the autumn when they will release 3.0 and have a big sales push.

Doesn't seem like a great long term strategy though...

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Thylbana Nyx

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

cool new Polack jokes posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774632&pagenumber=2#post461411503

e:fb

http://i.imgur.com/gxMuT62.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Pink Mast
Jun 25, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo