Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

kayakyakr posted:

I'll say this: I think that if it had launched with this combat/weapon system, it would have been successful from the outset. I liked the wheel, but I'm a nerdy spergelord and can still see that this is much better.

I never played through to endgame the first time around (I fell into a weapon trap with a lovely solo build) so I will probably keep this around to finish al the story stuff. That seems fun.

If I had some complaints (because again, nerdy spergelord): despite the mechanics of each weapon being very different (a good thing), they still feel mostly the same where it's spam primary power, spam secondary power, then hit basic until you can fire your primary again. And I've decided that action queuing is what made combat in the original feel floaty, and that feeling has been intensified in this one now that it's tied to mouse clicks.

Agreed with the samey feel of most of the weapons. Shotguns/Blades are like that and feel much better as a result. They should take a similar approach to rewarding different gameplay with the other weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
An amusing image. Apparently at one point, the exchange was so bugged that no matter what price someone set for Aurum, it would sell for 1 MoF. The person that sold it would get their full money though. Then the exchange started giving people 2X Aurum per transaction. loving amazing.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Downtime extended again! Another 3 hours!

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Pryce posted:

They apparently gave 2 slots to all existing/former players:
https://secretworldlegends.com/news/producers-blog-head-start/

The only reason I've got the three characters in TSW was for the separate faction stuff. Since from what I've seen, stuff like the faction quests are gone so why bother with multiple characters especially if you've found a weapon set that you like and works well for you.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Man, I guess I just caught the beginning of this currency thing before I went to bed. I should have stayed up and traded more, unless it's actually rolled back in which case...

I'm glad I slept through it. Goondolences for anyone that put effort into this.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Richard M Nixon posted:

Downtime extended again! Another 3 hours!

Hahaha, poo poo is so hosed.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lawlicaust posted:

An amusing image. Apparently at one point, the exchange was so bugged that no matter what price someone set for Aurum, it would sell for 1 MoF. The person that sold it would get their full money though. Then the exchange started giving people 2X Aurum per transaction. loving amazing.

:funcom:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Lawlicaust posted:

Hahaha, poo poo is so hosed.

I'm tempted to say they deserve it for trying to monetize so many aspects.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

quote:

We're terribly sorry for any inconvenience caused by today's extended maintenance. As some of you may know by now, there was an issue discovered with the Exchange and it'll take time to come up with a proper solution to both the underlying issue and the effects it may have caused. Today's maintenance period has been extended until at least 17:00 EDT / 21:00 UTC...(please correct me if the conversion is wrong somehow) and we'll try to keep you in the loop on any other developments. Patch notes will be posted on the official website at https://www.secretworldlegends.com once the servers are back up.

They have no clue how to fix it and shits gonna be offline the rest of the day. Oh Funcom.

Also, you know what was different about last night? Lots of people were given multiple character slots. Aurum is shared between characters. What are the chances that it's something as simple as multiple character break the whole loving exchange?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

this is not the kind of funcompetence i was looking for today :(

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Finally starting to see posts asking for compensation. No mention of lawyers yet, but Leonard J Crabs, esq. should be helping us with a class-action soon.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Richard M Nixon posted:

Finally starting to see posts asking for compensation. No mention of lawyers yet, but Leonard J Crabs, esq. should be helping us with a class-action soon.

Welcome back Badr.

Edit: You know maybe we can fix this by telling them to cast Crimson Theater on top of Crimson Theater and that will reset and rollback the servers by an hour. A few runs of that and we will be good as new.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jun 25, 2017

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

It was fun but I'm just gonna uninstall and not look back for a bit. Rip TSW if only a competent dev had you.

Digital Decay
Dec 16, 2007
Reiteration #6,637,776,216
Did they really not test the cash shop and currency exchange during closed beta?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Len posted:

It was fun but I'm just gonna uninstall and not look back for a bit. Rip TSW if only a competent dev had you.

You are the smartest goon of us all.

Digital Decay posted:

Did they really not test the cash shop and currency exchange during closed beta?

If by test you mean, did they give the 100 beta testers 1k Aurum a week for the last two weeks of beta and see what happened, yes. If you mean did they do large scale testing where they gave a few people large quantities of Aurum to see what would happen, no. Did they have GMs putting Aurum into the system to test what happened when large amounts entered it, no.

This was the same philosophy applied to pretty much all the testing. What is the absolute minimal amount of testing we can get by with? Does the system functional work on the face of it. Great. We're done.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Lawlicaust posted:

You are the smartest goon of us all.

I don't want to be because I love the story inside this turd of a game. But goddamn the single good piece is underneath so much bloody diarrhea poop I don't want to dig anymore to find it.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
It's why I never pay for f2p games unless I like it despite it's flaws.

Since it's free I can play it how I want until it sucks to play.
And it currently sucks less than it did before so :shrug:

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
This time on stupid poo poo the community says....

quote:

I finally talked with Live Chat.. They don't think there will be a rollback, and hopefully 5:00 EST is the right ETA.. so here's to hoping.

My uncle works for Funcom.

quote:

1) It is easy to trace the transactions and generate rollbacks, bans etc... It is possible because it's stocked(a least heavily should lol) in a database and requesting things from a database is something that most 9yo can do nowadays.

Yeah, they teach SQL in kindergarten now right? I mean, I don't actually know because I don't have kids but I assume that every kid learns how to code.

quote:

As this exploit is linked to cash transactions, I would say the perpetrators should be reported to the police for fraud, and not just banned.

My biggest worry is that a wipe will be necessary, and by the time I can get back in, which may not be until tomorrow evening, the full launch will have happened, and the character names I have been using for the last few days will have gone.

CALL THE FBI. SOMEONE IS MAKING MORE FAKE MONEY THAN ME. AND TELL THEM TO FIND MY CHARACTER, TRACER LOVECHILD WINDOWMAKER.

quote:

How about we take a lesson from the normies? Take a trip to the park, have some sex, drink a beer, watch a 6/10 movie, visit the (grand)parents.

:spergin:

quote:

If they started tweeting about a massive economy breaking exploit I am sure some gaming "journalists" would pick up on it.

quote:

Well, there are games that have had less downtime in their entire lifespan than SWL has had so far (and they are MMO's) so there is that.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Thinking about it, I really do not understand how this economy is any better than original flavor TSW's.

So, OK. You can pick up a MK3 weapon with a good suffix and sell it for 10k marks. Sure why not.

So, how in all the world is this going to result in anything different from how most signets were not worth a drat, and the few good ones hit 15 mil, 40+ mil, etc Pax? At least that Pax was obtainable by running dungeons! People are only going to want the good MK3s!

Have I lost my mind here? Am I missing some silver lining?

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jun 25, 2017

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

lower level gear is still a bit useful for smashing into other gear so their prices are gonna be a bit higher

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Tallgeese posted:

Thinking about it, I really do not understand how this economy is any better than original flavor TSW's.

So, OK. You can pick up a MK3 weapon with a good suffix and sell it for 10k marks. Sure why not.

So, how in all the world is this going to result in anything different from how most signets were not worth a drat, and the few good ones hit 15 mil, 40+ mil, etc Pax? At least that Pax was obtainable by running dungeons! People are only going to want the good MK3s!

Have I lost my mind here? Am I missing some silver lining?

I think that's p much it. MK3/the talisman one will be the items we all want. MK I and II will be fodder for the grind to 16 max level greens.

I feel like at one point they were saying part of the "crafting" economy would be that you could sell upgraded items to other players, but upgrading them binds them to you so I guess that didn't happen after all.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Richard M Nixon posted:

I think that's p much it. MK3/the talisman one will be the items we all want. MK I and II will be fodder for the grind to 16 max level greens.

I feel like at one point they were saying part of the "crafting" economy would be that you could sell upgraded items to other players, but upgrading them binds them to you so I guess that didn't happen after all.

You can upgrade without binding so you could definitely sell upgraded items.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Lawlicaust posted:

You can upgrade without binding so you could definitely sell upgraded items.

Huh, I thought it turned bound items. I tried putting a few upgraded items into the guild bank and it told me no. I didn't think I had equipped them but maybe I did accidentally.

That's kind of cool, then.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Can you stick this in the OP so it's easy to see?

Playing with goons
Cabals (guilds) are cross-factional so we can all poo poo up chat together. You can get an invite by either posting your character name here or through discord. Note that you must be online to receive an invite, so try to request an invite when you'll be online for a little bit and during primetime hours.

Chatting with goons
Since Discord is the cool thing now, come join us here.

We are a member of the Goon Discord Network which enables unified authentication and a directory of goon servers for lots of games.

After joining our Discord channel, you'll need to be authed in order to request an invite.

pre:
To be assigned a Goon role and get an invite, follow these simple steps.

Authenticate with the Goon Discord Network
type !authme SA USERNAME HERE in chat

For Example:
  If your username in Something Awful is IAmKale then type: !authme IAmKale
  If your username in Something Awful has a space in the middle like for example Tempus Thales then type: !authme Tempus Thales

You will get a PM by the GDN bot to authenticate your account. Follow its instructions and you'll be assigned a Goon role.
Then, post your CHARACTER name in chat and someone will invite you. Note that cabals are cross-faction and are per-character.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Holy poo poo goons still do authing in the year of or lord 20__

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Third World Reggin posted:

Holy poo poo goons still do authing in the year of or lord 20__

Pff like we'd want filthy pubbies in our AAA wow killer raid guild? We need the guys from goonfleet to come give us their 10 page forms and background check processes.

Someone call the gaming gestapo!

E: the last chapter of the ARG is active.

Richard M Nixon fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jun 25, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
You need to auth people to only admit goons otherwise a normal person might accidentally slip in and water down the toxic infighting.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Richard M Nixon posted:

Can you stick this in the OP so it's easy to see?

Playing with goons
Cabals (guilds) are cross-factional so we can all poo poo up chat together. You can get an invite by either posting your character name here or through discord. Note that you must be online to receive an invite, so try to request an invite when you'll be online for a little bit and during primetime hours.

Chatting with goons
Since Discord is the cool thing now, come join us here.

We are a member of the Goon Discord Network which enables unified authentication and a directory of goon servers for lots of games.

After joining our Discord channel, you'll need to be authed in order to request an invite.

pre:
To be assigned a Goon role and get an invite, follow these simple steps.

Authenticate with the Goon Discord Network
type !authme SA USERNAME HERE in chat

For Example:
  If your username in Something Awful is IAmKale then type: !authme IAmKale
  If your username in Something Awful has a space in the middle like for example Tempus Thales then type: !authme Tempus Thales

You will get a PM by the GDN bot to authenticate your account. Follow its instructions and you'll be assigned a Goon role.
Then, post your CHARACTER name in chat and someone will invite you. Note that cabals are cross-faction and are per-character.

Holy poo poo you are Badr.

Yo man if I make a SWL goon cabal T-shirt can I be an officer? Tell me about how loving awesome Lowtax and Discord is in more detail.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Drinkfist posted:

Yo man if I make a SWL goon cabal T-shirt can I be an officer? Tell me about how loving awesome Lowtax and Discord is in more detail.

Didn't you have a fun little bird avatar?

Pryce
May 21, 2011

M_Sinistrari posted:

The only reason I've got the three characters in TSW was for the separate faction stuff. Since from what I've seen, stuff like the faction quests are gone so why bother with multiple characters especially if you've found a weapon set that you like and works well for you.

No idea. I'd say it's for those who want to 'skip the grind', but these slots are literally only given to people who also get every class unlocked.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.

Drinkfist posted:

Nah, Badr bad was worse - mostly because there was absolutely no reason or benefit to stuff he would dream up.

"Get these T-shirts so you can recognize your cabal mates in public!" -- Nah man, I'm good.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Marx posted:

Nah, Badr bad was worse - mostly because there was absolutely no reason or benefit to stuff he would dream up.

"Get these T-shirts so you can recognize your cabal mates in public!" -- Nah man, I'm good.

I still want one of those city name sports team hats.

E:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/FuncomHelp/status/879079448045375490

there will be no secret world on this day, will there

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

https://twitter.com/FuncomHelp/status/879079448045375490

there will be no secret world on this day, will there

Can someone edit that bitcoin gif where the price shoots into the ground but make it the TSW SWL logo? TIA.

E: :regd08:

Richard M Nixon fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jun 25, 2017

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

someone has to go buy a book about how to code it seems

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
https://twitter.com/SecretWorldLgds/status/879079982080946176

2👏More👏Hours👏!

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I can only imagine the amount of people who picked blade or shotgun.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Third World Reggin posted:

someone has to go buy a book about how to code it seems

Man they've needed that since 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Shotgun and Pistol were tempting. Chose AR.

Len posted:

Man they've needed that since 2012
Pretty much. People have been asking--quite reasonably--why Funcom can't just take the AH/exchange servers down while people play the rest of the game... I doubt they have the ability to, tbh.