Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Against... all better judgment and evidence presented in this thread, I am still morbidly curious to try this game.

I haven't been able to get the client downloader to work all day, is that because the servers are offline?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Amante posted:

Shotgun and Pistol were tempting. Chose AR.
You get all nine weapons anyway apparently.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Scoss posted:

Against... all better judgment and evidence presented in this thread, I am still morbidly curious to try this game.

I haven't been able to get the client downloader to work all day, is that because the servers are offline?

Yes they are offline so the client does not a lot.

^ Chose pistols but that's good to know.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Pilchenstein posted:

You get all nine weapons anyway apparently.

I'd like to see a link!

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Tallgeese posted:

I'd like to see a link!

Same. I don't know what sparked that rumor. It clearly states you only get the one. Given how hard its going to be to acquire special effect weapons I am thinking the raven weapon is gonna be quite popular.

Edit: Apparently under the rewards section the first of the cursed souls rewards tiers says "9 Shadow Bound weapons" "Each weapon can be claimed once per account". So I was wrong yet it does clearly state outside of that cursed souls reward tiers that you only get the one weapon.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jun 25, 2017

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Someone be a doll and PM me the final answer since I can't find it googlin'

Thanks in advance sweetie!!

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

Drinkfist posted:

Same. I don't know what sparked that rumor. It clearly states you only get the one. Given how hard its going to be to acquire special effect weapons I am thinking the raven weapon is gonna be quite popular.

The site says that "each weapon can be claimed once per account" so there's an assumption that you'll get them all, but it probably means that we can get nine keys.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Capntastic posted:

Someone be a doll and PM me the final answer since I can't find it googlin'

Thanks in advance sweetie!!

Just name the loving star you loser. It takes 3 mins of combing google images of constellations to locate it.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Drinkfist posted:

Just name the loving star you loser.

I don't know star names, they don't glisten like your eyes

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Capntastic posted:

I don't know star names, they don't glisten like your eyes

Then you get loving nothing. Until Grithok comes in here and tells you the answer because he knows it will bother me. We didn't have loving wikis in the original beta. We solved all this madness from the morse code to the hebrew traslations with notepads and research. Every day was a blizzard and we walked to school uphill both ways. drat kids can't be bothered to solve how much change you owe me when I hand you money. Gotta have the machines give you the answers. This is why we got Donald loving Trump. I hope I live long enough to see the loving world end. It will put a smile on me so much my head will cave in.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jun 25, 2017

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

E: ^^^ Suck on this you fuckman

All 5 game answers: pentacles, juniper, ardagh chalice, athame, rasalhague

Weapon puzzle answers:
hammer: n s sw s nw
blood magic: s sw nw sw nw
assault rifle: se n sw s nw
pistol: n ne s se ne
shotgun: sw ne sw s n
elementalism: se s sw sw n

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

You just made the list.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
-.. . .- .-. / -.. .-. .. -. -.- ..-. .. ... - --..-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / .. ... / ..-. --- .-. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. .-. . -. / .- -. -.. / .... .- .-.. ..-. -....- .- ... ... . -.. / .-.. ..- -.. -.. .. - . ...

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Third World Reggin posted:

:Beeping Fuckery:

You were already on the list.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

- .... .- -. -.- ... / ..-. --- .-. / - .... . / .- -. ... .-- . .-. --..-- / -.-. ..- - .. .

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Drinkfist posted:

You just made the list.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Talkin' to Nixon about lists...

Come on dear.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
looks like that santas got a shirt made of skin :kiddo:

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

This is my opposition in this thread? Really you people could send at me someone with more gusto than loving Trevor and Cory.

https://youtu.be/sMlp8R1JJzc

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Soup du Journey posted:

I can't unsee it.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Soup du Journey posted:

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

don't doxx me

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
25 minutes over the downtime extension and no post about when it will be up.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Soup du Journey posted:

Well, that really wouldn't be surprising to see in this game.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

M_Sinistrari posted:

Well, that really wouldn't be surprising to see in this game.

They'd just have to reskin the mankini slightly.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Lawlicaust posted:

25 minutes over the downtime extension and no post about when it will be up.

in their discord channel (lol), they basically said "no more major extensions..... we hope" so very encouraging things, huh

and the replies of "we're working on it still, thanks!" on twitter

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 26, 2017

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Aye Doc posted:

in their discord channel (lol), they basically said "no more major extensions..... we hope" so very encouraging things, huh

From what I've read around on what people are saying about the aurum fiasco, it sounds like they're going to have to do a rollback but it's boiling down to how far of a rollback.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

M_Sinistrari posted:

From what I've read around on what people are saying about the aurum fiasco, it sounds like they're going to have to do a rollback but it's boiling down to how far of a rollback.

At least 24 hours from now. poo poo was starting to get a little weird yesterday evening.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Lawlicaust posted:

At least 24 hours from now. poo poo was starting to get a little weird yesterday evening.

I've heard some talking about needing to roll it back to day one of headstart.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

M_Sinistrari posted:

about an hour ago, the producer of the game in discord said no rollbacks were going to happen. accounting for the funcom modifier, i assume all of the game data has been wiped already

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
It's possible. We don't know how long the currency poo poo has been going on. People could have been doing it since the Press Preview.

Aye Doc posted:

about an hour ago, the producer of the game in discord said no rollbacks were going to happen. accounting for the funcom modifier, i assume all of the game data has been wiped already

Lol, I can't wait to see how this goes. 1) They ban everyone who used Aurum to buy skill points / sprints / etc. and hit a lot of innocent people with the bad. 2) They don't rollback any purchases made with Aurum and now we have a bunch of people with all AP/SP, sprints/ etc.

Edit: Here's the dev comment:

That says timed rollback to me.

Edit: dialup patch time.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 26, 2017

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Patcher is downloading now! Open your poo poo - it's slow.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Drinkfist posted:

Edit: Apparently under the rewards section the first of the cursed souls rewards tiers says "9 Shadow Bound weapons" "Each weapon can be claimed once per account". So I was wrong yet it does clearly state outside of that cursed souls reward tiers that you only get the one weapon.
I'm phone posting so I can't find the link but the guy running the arg stated on discord that you get all nine and it only acts like you get one to conform to the arg's story. :v:

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

People on chat are saying the AH is disabled. Nobody has proof so we'll see.

E:

quote:

HOTFIX NOTES: JUNE 25 2017
GENERAL
Fixed an issue that could occasionally cause a server to crash after a player disconnects or changes zones
Fixed an issue that could occasionally cause the community server to crash
Reduced the population caps for London, New York, and Seoul
Added a dismount button to the Hover-Tech Stealthboard
GUI
Fixed an issue where the confirmation popup when purchasing passive skills with Aurum was referencing Marks of Favour
Made a few improvements to the feedback provided during Fusion
Fixed a case where some dialog boxes could be opened multiple times, creating the impression that they would not close after being opened.
Fixed a case where the character sheet was not releasing keyboard focus
Removed a case where you would get a warning popup for empowering a glyph or signet in a max level talisman or weapon.
Fixed a case where the My Sales number in the tradepost could be inaccurate.
GAMEPLAY
The Degradation debuff will now properly increase damage taken.
Fixed some issues where a media popup during the Live Free, Die Hard mission was not diaplying properly in German and French.
Resolved some rare cases during the tutorial where players remain on the incorrect mission step once they arrive at the Ground Zero Flashback or once they have opened their talisman bags in the Waking Dream.
DRESSING ROOM
Crooked Stovepipe Hat should now show up under the hat category in the dressing room.
Snake Skin outfit should now be visible for male characters.
The Smooth claw amulet should now be visible for female characters.
Fixed an issue where the Hippie shades gold with rose tint were not showing up in the dressing room.
Fixed an issue where the female Santa’s Little Helper outfit was showing up as a hat.
Fixed an issue where the Cervine headdress was displaying in the wrong category of the dressing room.
Fixed a number of clothing items that were displaying the wrong gender for the character.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Richard M Nixon posted:

People on chat are saying the AH is disabled. Nobody has proof so we'll see.

Patch notes say that too.

Pryce
May 21, 2011
https://secretworldlegends.com/news/hotfix-june-25-2017-downtime/

quote:

As you may have noticed the servers have been down for most of today. I apologize for the extended downtime. Early today we discovered an error that caused the Exchange to break which made quite an impact on the game. When you log in you will find that your character’s Aurum has been reverted to the amount it was at before this occurred. Any valid purchase of Aurum made after this point will also be applied. Marks of Favour / Cache Keys will be also be reset for some players that used the Exchange after it was broken. We have also banned a large number of players that took advantage of the broken Exchange.

The Auction House and the Exchange are temporarily disabled to give us more time to test the fixes to them. We hope to have both features back and working very soon!

We are very sorry for the amount of time the server was down and the impact the event has had on any of you. Once the situation is resolved we will be rewarding players with compensation for the downtime!
Thanks again for your patience!

-Scott

Sure am glad I didn't find out about the exploit until it was over.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Patcher's bugged for me. Stuck on 'patch local files,' currently patching 235kb/160kb, at some small handful of bytes per second.

Oh, now 271kb/160kb. I don't think it's supposed to work that way.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Phanatic posted:

Patcher's bugged for me. Stuck on 'patch local files,' currently patching 235kb/160kb, at some small handful of bytes per second.

Oh, now 271kb/160kb. I don't think it's supposed to work that way.

close it and reopen.

I'm in Agartha now. It's a ghost town. Nothing happened to my $$$.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Richard M Nixon posted:

close it and reopen.

Went back down to 176kb/160kb, now very slowly ticking up again. The status bar is actually pegged beyond the window borders.