Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
whys the stupid developer lecturing me about not "believing" in his game about a slasher flick? is it brain damage or something? thats pretty tragic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Soup du Journey posted:

whys the stupid developer lecturing me about not "believing" in his game about a slasher flick? is it brain damage or something? thats pretty tragic

uh what

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I'm never near my computer on weekends. When does double XP end? I'm banking on after whenever the devs initially announced because they bad.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
oh theres a pinned thread at the wendy's drive-thru where the dev is giving me a lecture on missing out and not believing. my punishment is not getting the strong flaming jason i guess? its all p. dumb.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
I literally tested it with friends using an auto hot key script to spam e every 50 milliseconds. It's not that I'm "slow", it does gently caress all when Jason is smashing keys to kill you, even the epic version.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Jason doesn't mash keys to kill faster. He has to find a flat enough terrain to even do anything, avoid obstructions, stop moving, wait for the numbers to light up based on their fear.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Soup du Journey posted:

oh theres a pinned thread at the wendy's drive-thru where the dev is giving me a lecture on missing out and not believing. my punishment is not getting the strong flaming jason i guess? its all p. dumb.

I still don't know what you're talking about. Wendy's?

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
im referencing the popular somethingawful forums meme about caring too much: "sir this is a wendy's drive-thru"

theres a pinned thread in the steam discussion area where im reading a pretty long-winded and off-putting essay from i guess the lead dev of the game im thinking about buying. what kind of retarded mind produces something like that?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Also my go to comeback when being strangled by Jason is jokes on you, this is my fetish

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Man that is the worst way to complain about Savini Jason being backer exclusive that I have ever seen.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Scalding Coffee posted:

Jason doesn't mash keys to kill faster. He has to find a flat enough terrain to even do anything, avoid obstructions, stop moving, wait for the numbers to light up based on their fear.

I've never once seen someone able to escape if jason just goes for the choke. If he really wants you dead that perk does gently caress all.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Soup du Journey posted:

im referencing the popular somethingawful forums meme about caring too much: "sir this is a wendy's drive-thru"

theres a pinned thread in the steam discussion area where im reading a pretty long-winded and off-putting essay from i guess the lead dev of the game im thinking about buying. what kind of retarded mind produces something like that?

Okay. I'd say get it, it's had more longevity already than I expected and anybody involved in video games is probably gonna be a smoothbrain. Exception for ropekid I guess, he seems cool.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
im sorry i offended u codenameFANGIO. i havent bought the game yet, and i dont have any strong opinions about my jason treat, but seeing unpleasant devs always makes me wonder what other cruel stupidities they have in store for me.

anyway, i think THIS klurf is gonna vote with its wallet and stay FAR away!!

Pharmaskittle posted:

Okay. I'd say get it, it's had more longevity already than I expected and anybody involved in video games is probably gonna be a smoothbrain. Exception for ropekid I guess, he seems cool.
after a time and on a sale, probably. in the meantime there are youtube best-ofs

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Soup du Journey posted:

im sorry i offended u codenameFANGIO. i havent bought the game yet, and i dont have any strong opinions about my jason treat, but seeing unpleasant devs always makes me wonder what other cruel stupidities they have in store for me.

:geno:

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

imweasel09 posted:

I've never once seen someone able to escape if jason just goes for the choke. If he really wants you dead that perk does gently caress all.

I get out of those all the time if I'm playing a high-composure character. Composure being the stat that determines how fast you can break his grip. As long as you aren't in a terrified state the escape bar moves really, really fast with someone like Jenny or Tommy.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Soup du Journey posted:

after a time and on a sale, probably. in the meantime there are youtube best-ofs

Soup du Journey posted:

what kind of retarded mind produces something like that?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

:lol: It's just a pinned thread in the steam forums telling all the buttnerd nerds to STFU about the goddamn Savini Jason since the devs are still getting like 500 angry tweets/FB posts/emails a day about it. Calm thy tits child.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Scalding Coffee posted:

are you being willfully dense

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

McSpanky posted:

:lol: It's just a pinned thread in the steam forums telling all the buttnerd nerds to STFU about the goddamn Savini Jason since the devs are still getting like 500 angry tweets/FB posts/emails a day about it. Calm thy tits child.

lol. They should offer it for something absurd like $200 or $300 and have 80% of the proceeds go to charity. Then we will see the inevitable people complaining about money going to charity.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
i guess. i mean, here's how i've seen other devs handle that: "hello i am the dev. at this time we have no plans to sell backer rewards as dlc. okay goodbye"

talking to me, a stranger who walked in off the street, about believing and missing out and blah blah blah makes me think im dealing with chris roberts. a real PINHEAD if you ask me.

i didnt think that would be a controversial reaction for me to have, but it seems ive interrupted a drum circle here? im so sorry about that...

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I don't care if they ever resell it again, I just want to see maximum fan chaos over basically nothing.

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

Soup du Journey posted:

i guess. i mean, here's how i've seen other devs handle that: "hello i am the dev. at this time we have no plans to sell backer rewards as dlc. okay goodbye"

talking to me, a stranger who walked in off the street, about believing and missing out and blah blah blah makes me think im dealing with chris roberts. a real PINHEAD if you ask me.

i didnt think that would be a controversial reaction for me to have, but it seems ive interrupted a drum circle here? im so sorry about that...

I don't think the sentiment you're expressing is your main problem (although the subject has been beaten to death), it's the way in which you express it. I don't want to judge, because maybe English isn't your first language, and that's perfectly ok, but just know what the way you structure your posts and write makes my brain hurt. It feels like your typing enters through my eyes and somehow manages to make a sharp turn and stab my eardrums. It's strange, and kind of impressive in a way...but not pleasant.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Coolguye posted:

are you being willfully dense
Mashing numbers doesn't make Jason kill you any faster. You are silly.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LOL I have Savini Jason and I prefer playing as Nintendo Jason.

Guzzle my balls in hell, analangry bitchnerds.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Soup du Journey posted:

lmao, Jesus Christ

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Soup du Journey posted:

Probably because unlike those other devs they're not lying.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I have no dog in this race but it was inevitable that there would be backlash as soon as the word got out that the preorder Jason has unique stats. Give regular users a super lame looking Jason with the same stats and tell em to gently caress off I say.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Soup du Journey posted:

Lol

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Spacebump posted:

I don't care if they ever resell it again, I just want to see maximum fan chaos over basically nothing.

Sony accidentally putting it on the PS4 store for a hot minute came close.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

ComposerGuy posted:

I get out of those all the time if I'm playing a high-composure character. Composure being the stat that determines how fast you can break his grip. As long as you aren't in a terrified state the escape bar moves really, really fast with someone like Jenny or Tommy.

That means they were probably trying to do a different kill.The choke kill can be done almost instantly after you grab them and pretty much anywhere.

e: and yes some Jasons do mash buttons to try to get the easy kills the instant they're available

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 25, 2017

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Burk, was streaming last night and highlighted this because lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9FZ2lU7awM

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Scalding Coffee posted:

Mashing numbers doesn't make Jason kill you any faster. You are silly.

i never asserted it did, idiot

i asserted that if he is mashing numbers to kill you as soon as possible he is going to kill you regardless of your perk setup

like i've had this perk and have tested it under entirely ideal circumstances, it does not make any difference at all. whether it's because the perk is broken like grease monkey or just low enough magnitude that even 15% makes no practical difference, i dunno, but it makes no difference whatsoever.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Inside Out Mom posted:

Burk, was streaming last night and highlighted this because lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9FZ2lU7awM

You are a hero and a scholar.

The best/worst part was, I had just gotten back and was about to go, but I noticed that there were sound pings coming REAL close to my house. And well, I've been playing with Duster since the game came out, so I'm more than a bit paranoid about people coming to my house. So I look down over the cliff and just see you running your nerd girl rear end off.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

LOL I have Savini Jason and I prefer playing as Nintendo Jason.

Guzzle my balls in hell, analangry bitchnerds.

I wanna say that Jason IX is a bit better than Savini Jason? Simply because IX seems way more versatile in terms of his strengths.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Burkion posted:

You are a hero and a scholar.

The best/worst part was, I had just gotten back and was about to go, but I noticed that there were sound pings coming REAL close to my house. And well, I've been playing with Duster since the game came out, so I'm more than a bit paranoid about people coming to my house. So I look down over the cliff and just see you running your nerd girl rear end off.

Yeah lesson learned. Still pretty new and that's one way to learn where Jason lives.

Slightly unrelated, anyone familiar with OBS care to help me fix the mic issue present in that video? For life of me I can't seem to get the crackling or distortion from happening. It's only in OBS. Doesn't happen with shadowplay.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Personally since the release of NES Jason as a flat out visual change to Part 3 Jason, I wouldn't be surprised if we got some shitkicker Jason with Savinis stats, and a regular ol' pichfork. This would also give your average peasant access to the Unique Savini kills, and cement Savini Jason as it's originally intended status as a 'Jason Skin'.

Technically Jason used a Pitchfork in Part 2, so just re-use bag-head with some dino-damage to make him look different and bam, sell for $2 on Steam.

Edit: The devs themselves actually showed this in an old video:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

widespread posted:

I wanna say that Jason IX is a bit better than Savini Jason? Simply because IX seems way more versatile in terms of his strengths.

Yeah, I think 9 is the best Jason and 8 is probably runner up.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Regrettable posted:

Yeah, I think 9 is the best Jason and 8 is probably runner up.

In one situation, Packanack with the car and phone at the lodge and the boat, Part 7 Jason is king.

If you want to accomplish ANYTHING, you're going to die.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Regrettable posted:

8 is probably runner up.

And I'm glad of it, I can be both stylish and effective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Number of days where I've rolled the useless nerd girl and gotten murdered first of everyone because I spawned next to the phone by an effeminate voiced laggy American Jason who insist on narrating poo poo like he's hosting a lets play for insufferable douches: 0

this happens way more than I'd like.

• Locked thread