Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

he said monday if trump doesn't leak it himself first

I haven't gotten a sense that trump is trying to get out in front of anything so I think he is oblivious to it. I did notice they were starting to say things like "collusion isn't a crime anyway" on Fox News though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Hollismason posted:

It'd be great if I understood what this meant other than it being yellow and a map of the world.

TL;DR - most of the world population will not be able to go outside during the daytime in ~2050.

If you're a millennial you will see most wildlife die and most of the world population die of exposure. Yeah, man, people sure had it worse! Maybe that's even true, but absolutely no one had a better deal than the boomers.

Huzanko fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jun 26, 2017

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

"You and your community": the words of a not racist.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Huzanko posted:

TL;DR - most of the world population will not be able to go outside during the daytime in ~2050.

If you're a millennial you will see most wildlife die and most of the world population die of exposure. Yeah, man, people sure had it worse! Maybe that's even true, but absolutely no one had a better deal than the boomers.

Alaska looking pretty good then. drat that's such a brutal map.

Is their a map showing what the high tempatures were in those areas cause it seems to me that Africa is gonna get hit pretty hard there.

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon
Jun 22, 2017

by Smythe

So why aren't the Dems attacking him on it?

Where are the attack ads against the healthcare bill god damnit.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

empty whippet box posted:

Tomorrow. I've been wondering if it'll be the morning or a five o clock drop, no way to know though.

How credible is he?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Your Taint posted:

How credible is he?
a personal friend of comey's and several other FBI officials

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

RasperFat posted:

I'm too young to have actually experienced the Reagan presidency, but from what I understand it was much closer to Trump's presidency than any other administration. Reagan was a buffoon who was plagued with scandal, made terrible foreign and domestic policy, and marked a significant change in acceptable rhetoric in politics.

This poo poo was 30 years ago now and that same rear end in a top hat that heralded a turn towards meanness, pettiness, and retardation is too nice, virtuous, and eloquent by Republican standards to even make a blip on the radar.

I really hope the Trump Presidency marks the breaking point for this trend and we start moving back towards sanity.

Reagan could at least deliver a loving speech and had previously been a governor.

Trump is a walking undiagnosed mental patient who's never served anyone but himself a day in his miserable life.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon posted:

They only raised like $4 million last month according to my Twitter feed.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Mustached Demon posted:

Die boomer scum!

Really though I hope as you approach retirement you find a young whipper snapper to train up and take your place.

I'm moving to Denmark next month so you can have my job at DXC Technology

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

I would live to have a week like we did a while back where bombs we're dropping every single day.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Huzanko posted:

Dune needs to become required reading in the southern hemisphere.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Your Taint posted:

I would live to have a week like we did a while back where bombs we're dropping every single day.

That was the best week.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

BiggerBoat posted:

This is what a lot of people don;t get about healthcare. I don't think the majority of US citizens have had extended hospital stays but I could be wrong. I never have. I imagine once you do, your attitude changes a little.

From a couple pages back but yeah, your attitude, even if it was already "Our healthcare is trash", turns even sharper when you're hospitalized for a couple days over a kidney stone that's too big to pass, so they want to operate on you to get it out, then on the day of the surgery they call your guys to make sure everything's correct and your insurance decides they have a problem somewhere and aren't actually covering this, so since you can't actually pay for this, they take the IVs out and wheelchair you out of there and you're just kinda told "Welp sorry, they can probably do that sound thing somewhere nearby and break it up instead!" so you get to be in unmedicated agony for even longer.

American healthcare can rot in the deepest pits of hell alongside the people who continue causing/enabling it to be so horrible. Also while mine unfortunately come from other kidney poo poo, hot tip, don't get kidney stones.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Hollismason posted:

Alaska looking pretty good then. drat that's such a brutal map.

Is their a map showing what the high temperatures were in those areas cause it seems to me that Africa is gonna get hit pretty hard there.

Alaska is a good real estate investment for if you're going long on climate change. :homebrew: :shepicide:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

SLOSifl posted:

Somebody should hold a brisket cookout next to a Catholic chuch on lentin Fridays. Lol if they breathe the smoke they go to hell imo

Papaist arent real Jeezusians.

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug
Richard Painter trolling other conservatives has been one of my favorite things in the Trumpocalypse

https://twitter.com/RWPUSA/status/879137928944918528

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Hollismason posted:

It'd be great if I understood what this meant other than it being yellow and a map of the world.

Climate departure is when the coolest yearly average is projected to be hotter than the hottest yearly average for the years 1960-2000. The climate will be totally different, hence "departure."

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jun 26, 2017

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

So, you're saying that George W. Bush doesn't care about black people?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I love the totally ignored implication that Islam is the correct religion and Allah is real when these racist conservatives think that Muslims eating bacon will get them sent to hell.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/879142232548413440

Ugh

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Arglebargle III posted:

Climate departure is when the coolest day of the year is projected to be hotter than the hottest day of the year 1960-2000. The climate will be totally different, hence "departure."

Yep. Which is why absolutely no other issue matters except issues that help address climate change.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon posted:

The Democratic party is so rudderless they're repeating right wing talking points. They have no ability to work in a coordinated fashion.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I'm sorry it's when the coolest year on average from then on is supposed to be hotter than the hottest year on average 1960-2000. Not that the winter will be hotter than summer.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

There's a lot of really hosed up poo poo out there, but nothing is as terrifying and inevitable as climate change. The effects of climate change that we'll be seeing in coming years are like something out of Nier.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Huzanko posted:

Alaska is a good real estate investment for if you're going long on climate change. :homebrew: :shepicide:

not really, anything built on melting permafrost (which is already happening) is hosed

e: pg 15 from Field Notes From A Catastrophe by Elizabeth Colbert:

"One of the first stops on Romanovsky's tour was a hole that had opened up in a patch of permafrost not far from his house. It was about six feet wide and five feet deep. Nearby were the outlines of other, even bigger holes, which, Romanovsky told me, had been filled with gravel by the local public-works department. The holes known as thermokarsts, had appeared suddenly when the permafrost gave way, like rotting floorboard. (The technical term for thawed permafrost "talik," from a Russian word meaning "not frozen.") Across the road Romanovsky pointed out a long trench running into the woods. The trench, he explained, had been formed when a wedge of underground ice had melted. The spruce trees that had been growing next to it, or perhaps on top of it, were now listing at odd angles, as if in a gale. Locally, such trees are called "drunken." A few of the spruces had fallen over. "These are very drunk," Romanovsky said."
I think that's from pre-2010 even

AriadneThread fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jun 26, 2017

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

I know he's come through before but tbh if I was James Comey I dunno how I'd feel about about a friend acting as a hypeman for the media circus surrounding my legal case.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

AriadneThread posted:

not really, anything built on melting permafrost (which is already happening) is hosed

Also melting permafrost is hell of a mosquito breeding ground.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

attackmole posted:

I know he's come through before but tbh if I was James Comey I dunno how I'd feel about about a friend acting as a hypeman for the media circus surrounding my legal case.

I doubt he cares. Comey has made it very clear that he's personally offended by what Trump has done to defame both his own reputation and that of the FBI.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

attackmole posted:

I am certain that guy is to one extent or another acting at Comey 's direction.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

PhazonLink posted:

Also melting permafrost is hell of a mosquito breeding ground.

So we're fine as long as you figure out a way to stabilize the soil and then drain the swamp.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Muslims can touch pork, they just can't eat it.

This is just so hosed up.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

I'll never understand how such big pieces of poo poo live their lives on a daily basis. How could someone think this is a good idea?

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

business hammocks posted:

Appropriately enough, rich people see morality as something that can be balanced like a bank account. Just deposit more good deeds and eventually you will get back on the moral side.

at least it's not the middle ages, where you could pay off all your bad deeds to god after you died assuming you were rich enough

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chantry

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Spacebump posted:

I'll never understand how such big pieces of poo poo live their lives on a daily basis. How could someone think this is a good idea?

They have nothing else going on in their lives and have been told Muslims are the reason why.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Spacebump posted:

when your life is poo poo, nothing's better than having someone else to blame for it

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Boo, Hiss

no mom very hungry
Oct 5, 2004

You are getting sleepy...

Spacebump posted:

I don't imagine much "thinking" was involved.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

BiggerBoat posted:

This is what a lot of people don;t get about healthcare. I don't think the majority of US citizens have had extended hospital stays but I could be wrong. i never have. I imagine once you do, your attitude changes a little.

Couple pages ago yes, but

Do you have to have been in a specific situation to help someone who is in one? The lack of basic empathy kills me with 'conservatives.'

dictionary.com posted:

empathy
[em-puh-thee]

noun
the psychological identification with or vicarious experiencing of the feelings, thoughts, or attitudes of another.

Or is it ignored/pushed aside?
All politics aside, how hard is it to give a poo poo?

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

theres a will theres moe posted:

The Republicans are making a slave class. Be in debt, have no workers rights, worry so much about paying for medicine that you are literally mortally afraid of failing to produce for your corporation. Minimum wage below the poverty line. Want to climb the social heirarchy by going to school? Care to gamble on your chances by taking out a loan youll never be able to repay if it doesn't work out? Do you mind competing with impoverished workers from around the globe for that job you just spent $100k at school for?

And brainwashing its victims into believing they own the plantation

The Republicans want to emulate the Chinese plutarchy *so badly*.

Pellisworth posted:

The DNC should just ask Russia to hack the 2018 midterms. After all, it's not a crime!

No, the DNC should ask *Israel* to hack the 2018 midterms. They're better at it, and I'd love to see the alt-right start emulating *real* Nazis with HATRED OF THE ZIONIST JEWRY instead of this :smug: "we're not Nazis" horseshit.

• Locked thread