Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

YoshiOfYellow posted:

It makes you look like a mega pimp.

It even keeps the heels on the boots.

Holy poo poo that owns.

Welp guess I'm gonna level BRD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Shisui is one of my favourite sets.

(I play a male Roe, I may or may not be biased.)

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Ciaphas posted:

I very nearly said "god, just gently caress already" out loud at one point, yeah

I'm surprised they didn't have something to that effect as a dialogue option.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Obligatum VII posted:

I'm surprised they didn't have something to that effect as a dialogue option.

Gotta save something for the patch storylines.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I mean it's blindly obvious that he's going to look into her eyes and see that she's his Nhaama at some point considering the only other plot-relevant Xaela girl (that Mol girl whose name I can't remember) has been ruled out.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEE LOOK AT HIM!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

vOv posted:

I mean it's blindly obvious that he's going to look into her eyes and see that she's his Nhaama at some point considering the only other plot-relevant Xaela girl (that Mol girl whose name I can't remember) has been ruled out.

Didn't he already do that? I remember his underlings jeering him about how she rebuked him and the king guy was like "shut up idiots, gently caress you," and that's why he got cagey when she was brought up.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
*punches palm*

*nods*

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Countblanc posted:

Didn't he already do that? I remember his underlings jeering him about how she rebuked him and the king guy was like "shut up idiots, gently caress you," and that's why he got cagey when she was brought up.

I don't think so. He looked at Lyse and the Mol girl, but not her. I did enjoy Suda going EIIIIIIIIIIIII????? at that one point though when he dissed her.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SwissArmyDruid posted:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEE LOOK AT HIM!

... what is this wonderful thing and how do I get it?

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

*punches palm*

*nods*

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

ImpAtom posted:

Buy it from me. Only 1.5 million gil. I've already sold a few.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

*punches palm*

*nods*

*tilts head sideways*

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Ciaphas posted:

I very nearly said "god, just gently caress already" out loud at one point, yeah

I had that same comment about Ysayle and Estinien.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

ImpAtom posted:

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Kugane Castle was a pleasant surprise, and it was everything I wanted Shisui to be. We have ninjas leaping out of walls, Samurai patrolling gardens, we have ninpo magic and just a loving gorgeous aesthetic through and through. But it ends with a duel with none other than Yojimbo himself, a gimmick-heavy battle that is loving spectacular to behold, a high note to end the expansion's dungeon content on and a pitch perfect way to announce a new era of extreme dungeons. Kugane Castle may be my new favorite dungeon in the entire game.

I was already in love with this particular dungeon early on with the appearance of Tall Ninja. Why is he so tall? Who knows! He's a Tall Ninja. I dunno why I find the concept so funny but I do. Having a Tall Ninja as the second boss was just icing. What really sold this dungeon on me was the boss fight at the end.

loving Yojimbo just rises up out of the floor and once the fight is over he just sinks back down again I was more or less paralyzed with laughter for a good 20 seconds after that. He's just, like, later fellows. What a god. I sort of hope he keeps showing up in subsequent L70 dungeons and just wandering off every time.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I'm getting caught in the same cycle of jumping from job to job and not doing the MSQ. I've done a couple quests in HS (haven't hit the first dungeon yet) and I swore to myself I'd finish it as a MCH. I did the MCH jump but instead I went back and started to level a Gladiator instead for some reason.

I seriously need to drop it and work on moving forward lmao

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Meiteron posted:

I was already in love with this particular dungeon early on with the appearance of Tall Ninja. Why is he so tall? Who knows! He's a Tall Ninja. I dunno why I find the concept so funny but I do. Having a Tall Ninja as the second boss was just icing. What really sold this dungeon on me was the boss fight at the end.

loving Yojimbo just rises up out of the floor and once the fight is over he just sinks back down again I was more or less paralyzed with laughter for a good 20 seconds after that. He's just, like, later fellows. What a god. I sort of hope he keeps showing up in subsequent L70 dungeons and just wandering off every time.

Given that the second boss has attacks named Clockwork Raiton I think it's because he's actually a robot ninja, which is amazing. And I'll eat my hat if Yojimbo doesn't show up again in some other dungeon.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

why is everyone in this game so nice??

like today someone nicely informed me I could become white mage instead of calling me an idiot for not doing it already.

I was having a hard time getting anyone from the FC to help me do a primal. Some guy just saw me do a /sit and immediately invited me to his party with a healer. Queue went from 30m to 5m. The reason? "Can't let a fellow catboy down." He was a real one.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Skeezy posted:

I'm getting caught in the same cycle of jumping from job to job and not doing the MSQ. I've done a couple quests in HS (haven't hit the first dungeon yet) and I swore to myself I'd finish it as a MCH. I did the MCH jump but instead I went back and started to level a Gladiator instead for some reason.

I seriously need to drop it and work on moving forward lmao

I'm in the same boat. I can't really decide between continuing on into Stormblood with RDM, which is a good job but unfortunately I find it kinda uninspiring to actually play, or BRD, which I've never really played but the idea of being a mobile DPS with lots of support appeals to me.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

*punches palm*

*nods*

I still can't believe this is not an Emote we can do.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I still can't believe this is not an Emote we can do.

I've wanted /squats ever since I saw Godbert doing them right behind Cyr in HW Hildy.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
That one really good Artistcatte is back:

:siren: Warning: Feels dead ahead :siren:

http://harusi00.tumblr.com/

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
He got the inmortal dragon load in his hair.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Any word on how the housing transfer to Shirogane is going to work? Will we have to buy a lot there before we can transfer or just go up to an empty lot and choose to transfer/vacate our old lot?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Harrow posted:

I'm in the same boat. I can't really decide between continuing on into Stormblood with RDM, which is a good job but unfortunately I find it kinda uninspiring to actually play, or BRD, which I've never really played but the idea of being a mobile DPS with lots of support appeals to me.

I don't even have a clue on playing RDM or any caster like roles for that matter. I'll probably jump to BLM and mess around with learning how that works.

Truth be told I'm better off learning MCH. Getting myself stuck in some lame meta bs isn't fun.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Skeezy posted:

I don't even have a clue on playing RDM or any caster like roles for that matter. I'll probably jump to BLM and mess around with learning how that works.

Truth be told I'm better off learning MCH. Getting myself stuck in some lame meta bs isn't fun.

Playstyle shifts at 60 for all classes as you get new skills/traits on the way to 70. Sub level 60 RDM isn't exactly indicative of 70 RDM.

The good news is, there's no limit to what you can level. Level everything and play what you like.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

Playstyle shifts at 60 for all classes as you get new skills/traits on the way to 70. Sub level 60 RDM isn't exactly indicative of 70 RDM.

I'm not sure that necessarily holds true for RDM. It doesn't change all that dramatically at any point. I guess the AoE definitely improves once you get Moulinet and Contre Sixte, and eventually your melee combo gets a finisher in Verflare/Verholy, but aside from that the core loop stays basically the same.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Garleans and their allies sure do like their unprompted exposition.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Are all the jobs people say are bad at 70 OK enough at lower levels? I've been working on WAR and SCH to play with some friends, we're pretty casual but I don't want to really be a huge burden.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Jade Rider posted:

Are all the jobs people say are bad at 70 OK enough at lower levels? I've been working on WAR and SCH to play with some friends, we're pretty casual but I don't want to really be a huge burden.

All jobs are cool and good.

(I don't play SCH or WAR - yet - but I have no reason to believe they're not capable, they're just not the flavor of the month anymore)

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Jade Rider posted:

they're probably fine at 70 too, peeps be melodramatic

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

UHD posted:

All jobs are cool and good.

(I don't play SCH or WAR - yet - but I have no reason to believe they're not capable, they're just not the flavor of the month anymore)

I have finished every bit of content in game on Scholar without much trouble. It's not as good as it should be but it's entirely playable including on big pulls and EX primals.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Just finishing the 69 dungeon.

This patch and its second bosses. Another cool one once I figured out what was going on. Love FFVI. Fordola has the Sharingan now I guess? Neat.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Jade Rider posted:

Every job is fine at 70. Some are better than others and some are more or less fun than they were in Heavensward, but the class balance and encounter design in this game is good enough that it doesn't really matter in anything but the most absurdly top end raiding content. And there isn't even any of that released yet for Stormblood. :v:

If you're having fun with something then just keep playing it and don't stress the details.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Well now that I've experienced them all here's my completely uneccessary rundown of SB's dungeons.

You failed to mention just how awesome some of the dungeon music is. Dungeon 4 might be my favorite in the game.

Hell, the expansion's music is really fantastic across the board - all the trials, most zones (Lochs in particular)- I can't get the Kugane leitmotif out of my head.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

You failed to mention just how awesome some of the dungeon music is. Dungeon 4 might be my favorite in the game.

Hell, the expansion's music is really fantastic across the board - all the trials, most zones (Lochs in particular)- I can't get the Kugane leitmotif out of my head.

I asked this before but does anyone have a link to Hein's Theme/the FF6 Doma remix?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I actually found the music to be repetitive outside of a few exceptions, was pretty disappointing.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Verranicus posted:

I actually found the music to be repetitive outside of a few exceptions, was pretty disappointing.

They overused the main theme as a leitmotif and it shows. The random battle music, FFS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Baut sidequest chain is A++.