Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Elysiume posted:

I was intrigued by what a Lavender Town map would be, and I wasn't disappointed. Pokecenters, Pokeshops, and the tower were all enterable.

e: hm

Oh hey that's me and my dumb friends who just bought the game.

Sorry for welding you out, we just think it's funny when pubs get killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

But that's my favorite time to run out with my aa-12 and clear half the zeds before they get there. Or clear a room w/ my firebug.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I died so I left; not worth getting griefed.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Elysiume posted:

I was intrigued by what a Lavender Town map would be, and I wasn't disappointed. Pokecenters, Pokeshops, and the tower were all enterable.

e: hm

Okay, these look cool and good. I might pick it up before the steam sale ends.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Theta Zero posted:

Sorry for welding you out, we just think it's funny when pubs get killed.

Not cool dude. That pub could be a fellow goon.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Alteisen posted:

Not cool dude. That pub could be a fellow goon.

In the end, aren't we all?

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

In the end, aren't we all?

No. Only those of us who use the term pub unironically.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
That Lavender Town map is awful, the trader is in the worst places 99% of the time so you're constantly out of ammo.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Foreskin Problems posted:

That Lavender Town map is awful, the trader is in the worst places 99% of the time so you're constantly out of ammo.
I didn't have many issues on the Lavender Town map, although it's a bit tight when it picks the tower. Wandering towards the trader as the wave is wrapping up makes it less of an issue.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Danknificent posted:

No. Only those of us who use the term pub unironically.

What else would you call them?

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Theta Zero posted:

What else would you call them?

Millennials. Snake people. Worms. Plebs. I'm not here to hold your hand, man. Use your imagination.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I mean, pub is just short for public game server player; it's not derogatory in and of itself, even if people often use it in a kind of sneery way to describe people who are not a part of their clique.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
some serious naval gazing going on itt

Misandry Cannon
Mar 7, 2012
Probably the most fun I had with pubs in any game.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
The new weekly is up. Suicidal-only, zeds and player sizes are directly proportional to remaining health. The reward is some stupid hat that just sits on top of your character's dumb head and I hate it.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Is anyone else getting a ton of crashes lately?

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011
I havent been getting crashes but using iron sights on scoped sharpshooter weapons has randomly caused every item mesh on my screen to rapidly cycle through bright colors and their normal texture until i exit the game fully and restart. Im not epileptic but the eye pain it can give me makes me feel like I can slightly understand their condition.

fake edit: I should probably report this bug in the official forums.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Misandry Cannon posted:

Probably the most fun I had with pubs in any game.

What map is that? I need to download it.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Skoll posted:

What map is that? I need to download it.
Bikini Atoll, I think this one.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Having tons of fun with this since it was free on PS+ but I feel like maybe I'm missing something when it comes to loot drops. Are they really only once per day or are there other special things I can do to earn cosmetics? And does the PS4 have only basic gameplay maps and modes right now? I'm jealous of the summer event on PC. :ohdear:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Dewgy posted:

Having tons of fun with this since it was free on PS+ but I feel like maybe I'm missing something when it comes to loot drops. Are they really only once per day or are there other special things I can do to earn cosmetics? And does the PS4 have only basic gameplay maps and modes right now? I'm jealous of the summer event on PC. :ohdear:
The free item drops are once per day, yeah. The event is currently only on PC, but will be coming to PS4 later on.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Elysiume posted:

The free item drops are once per day, yeah. The event is currently only on PC, but will be coming to PS4 later on.

Lame. I keep getting boxes that are only worth converting to junk coins that don't get me anything.

Sure, I did get three types of weapon skin at some point going back, but it's three tiger stripe skins for two demolitionist weapons. Hardly the greatest haul. :mad:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Are tickets 12 or 24 hours? Apparently, aside from leveling perks, I have no reason to burn myself out during this event.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Drops appear to be paced 4 hours apart.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Elysiume posted:

Bikini Atoll, I think this one.

Thank you, kind sir.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
This weekly is hilarious and I love my tiny hat.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I'm poo poo so it took me 3 goes to beat the weekly, but mini-ladies doing their opera and mini-pigs grunting, both at such a high pitch, is pretty amusing. You look at a tiny pounder and think he's cute and then suddenly your health is on the floor. It makes we want something like Duke Nukem 3D, where if the zeds are small enough you can just squish 'em.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I was a big fan of Volter as a tiny pipsqueak. "You will ruin everything!" in falsetto.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Is there a decent goon presence on console? Guessing from the OP most people are playing on PC, but since it's the free PSN game this month I figured I'd ask.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Is there a decent goon presence on console? Guessing from the OP most people are playing on PC, but since it's the free PSN game this month I figured I'd ask.

Just me and like some other dude.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I'm one of those other dudes. Game's fun but I can't get on often.

Thermite
Aug 16, 2006

Huzzah!
I'm also on psn as Shazamwow86.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Also on PS4

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Well it took a hero medic SOLOing the Pat for an entire heal cycle, but I finally got the little challenge hat. Overall I really like this idea, it gives me a reason to boot up the game at least once a week with a constant supply of carrots.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I don't play often but if you wanna play add BostonZombie on PSN

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I play on PS4 too, RoboJoePrime, if anyone wants to play sometime.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
I'm dogwatching for my parents this weekend so I'll be away from my PC, I assume there's no way to link your progress between PC and PS4 so if I downloaded it on the console I'd be starting over yea? May do it anyway because why not, add WurMKI3a if you see me.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Is this a typo or is it actually a +3% damage boost? If it's not a typo, why even bother having such a pathetic increase next to a +200% fire speed boost?

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Commando is a worse SWAT at this point, just gotta roll with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Foreskin Problems posted:

Commando is a worse SWAT at this point, just gotta roll with it

SWAT is a worse Commando but with a stun instead of zed time extension and Stalker-vision.