Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Wow this game is a lot about youth culture and how hosed up and screwed passing generations are in our hosed up society and how draining it and capitalism can be on the soul. What's this? The game features a death cult sacrificing young people to some unknowable evil all just to keep the town afloat in this largely unsustainable status quo? Wow those things sure are unrelated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Wow this game is a lot about youth culture and how hosed up and screwed passing generations are in our hosed up society and how draining it and capitalism can be on the soul. What's this? The game features a death cult sacrificing young people to some unknowable evil all just to keep the town afloat in this largely unsustainable status quo? Wow those things sure are unrelated.

I have not played the game and have no context for what's being described beyond Big NitW Fan Invictus talking about a cult but okay sure

Dias posted:

You're already biased against the game but I dunno, watch the first couple of episodes of the LP, maybe you'll come around on it.

I don't like WM LPs.

I also never said NitW is bad. I said I'm not interested due to the subject matter. Y'all have fun with it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's fine, I don't wanna convince you to watch it or play it. I mean, let's be honest, you've decided you don't like it already, and that's okay.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's not even that I don't like it, I just don't care. It's probably good, the art is great and a lot of people I like trust it like Alex Navarro or Austin Walker, I'm just not interested :geno:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rodyle posted:

Sympathy is limited when you tell people "you'll die if you do X" and they do X anyway just to spite those drat coastal elites
holy reductionist mentality, batman!

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Rodyle posted:

It's not even that I don't like it, I just don't care. It's probably good, the art is great and a lot of people I like trust it like Alex Navarro or Austin Walker, I'm just not interested :geno:

For someone who doesn't care about it you sure can't shut the gently caress up about all the imagined reasons why you think it's bad.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't think the defense squad is allowed to say stuff like that when the dude very obviously made some comments that just meant "The game didn't particularly interest me" and then like five dudes jumped down his threat to say why he was wrong to not be interested. Especiall when one of those dudes is Invictus who pretty clearly stirred poo poo because god forbid you not give a poo poo about something he likes.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Captain Baal posted:

I don't think the defense squad is allowed to say stuff like that when the dude very obviously made some comments that just meant "The game didn't particularly interest me" and then like five dudes jumped down his threat to say why he was wrong to not be interested. Especiall when one of those dudes is Invictus who pretty clearly stirred poo poo because god forbid you not give a poo poo about something he likes.

Except Rodyle didn't say "it doesn't interest me" at first, he made a lovely political hot take to say why he said it was bad.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I legit just wanted to get his thing with the Rust Belt thing, really. Rodyle doesn't care about the game and that's fine in the end.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Neo_Crimson posted:

Except Rodyle didn't say "it doesn't interest me" at first, he made a lovely political hot take to say why he said it was bad.

sirtommygunn posted:

For someone who doesn't care about it you sure can't shut the gently caress up about all the imagined reasons why you think it's bad.

I didn't say it was bad even once.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Neo_Crimson posted:

Where the gently caress was the Groucho making GBS threads then when that dipshit continuously kept bringing his political hot takes into the thread then? Rodyle wasn't even saying the game was bad, he said he wasn't interested due to X reason. I thought his reasons were wishy washy but nothing worth commenting about.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

I often also don't understand the concepts of metaphors and twists to enhance the earlier point and themes of the literature,

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

God I forgot how baffling and vaguely irritating the final homicide case is in LA Noire. What a weird way for that desk to end

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

*Goes to look up Bible Black*

Matt :wtc:

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

nerdman42 posted:

God I forgot how baffling and vaguely irritating the final homicide case is in LA Noire. What a weird way for that desk to end

I enjoyed playing it at the time, but I think the execution is flawed, and even if it weren't it really kills my enthusiasm for replaying the game, knowing I can't make the right choice in those cases.

On the way through the desk, all these little things not quite adding up was a neat overarching plot. I just wish the ultimate resolution was say, on Phelps' or the Captain's initiative rather than the killer apparently luring you into a death battle or letting you catch/kill him for no real satisfying reason.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Grouchio posted:

*Goes to look up Bible Black*

Matt :wtc:

Where did anyone say they were doing anything with Bible Black? Is it a Let's Watch of just a reaction cam of the people watching it with the video itself off-screen? I think a commentary track would work better.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

A good poster posted:

Where did anyone say they were doing anything with Bible Black? Is it a Let's Watch of just a reaction cam of the people watching it with the video itself off-screen? I think a commentary track would work better.

At too many games.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I don't think the guys ever got this one so now that homicide desk is over:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rNV61Rpo-0
Sometimes you gotta shake the tree to see what falls out.

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

A good poster posted:

At Too Many Games, they had an announcement, and also a completed intro, and Matt saying "god I have to do so much editing."

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Captain Baal posted:

Where the gently caress was the Groucho making GBS threads then when that dipshit continuously kept bringing his political hot takes into the thread then? Rodyle wasn't even saying the game was bad, he said he wasn't interested due to X reason. I thought his reasons were wishy washy but nothing worth commenting about.
Grouchio is the guy you just kinda awkwardly go "ah...heh...heh..." when he brings stuff like that up, because he's crazy. Same reason he doesn't really get responses in the USPol thread when he occasionally posts.

Squidtentacle posted:

At Too Many Games, they had an announcement, and also a completed intro, and Matt saying "god I have to do so much editing."
:getin:

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Squidtentacle posted:

This doesn't seem like a good idea.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

nerdman42 posted:

I guess they have to do it that way since the Black Dahlia murderer was never found in real life.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Forgall posted:

This doesn't seem like a good idea.

You're right, it's a GREAT idea

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It seems really loving dumb so there's a good chance that it's going to be great

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Squidtentacle posted:

I've been trying to remember what else they announced, besides the soft confirms on Detroit and Tony Hawk's Underground 2.

It was a fun panel though. With balls being exposed immediately with the projector cable not working and them trying to cover for this failing. The powerpoint when they got it working again had a picture of Woolie being sad with a funcopop in the middle, as well as Matt having snuck in the Mac and Me clip. Also good was Matt admitting that the reason they did Silent Hill 3 is that he wanted to play one of the good ones for the channel after playing so many of the bad ones.

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

Baron Snow posted:

I've been trying to remember what else they announced, besides the soft confirms on Detroit and Tony Hawk's Underground 2.

Matt and Woolie will also be doing a series called "Woolie and Matt Get Everything Wrong", where they look at comic book covers and try to guess the entire plot and included tropes before reading it. Whoever is Least Wrong gets to read a chapter of Saga and describe to the other person what they just read. The person who didn't read that chapter will never get to. They're embracing all the people who hate when they talk about comic books.

I had to slip in late, when they were doing NitW, but it was a fun panel. They also mentioned wanting to do another Box Art Critique, but not being sure what to work with yet that wouldn't be all great, all garbage, or way too many covers.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Right!, Matt and Woolie get Everything wrong sounds hilarious from how they described it!

You did OK timing wise. Night in the Woods is what they started with as soon as they got the projector working.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Squidtentacle posted:

They also mentioned wanting to do another Box Art Critique, but not being sure what to work with yet that wouldn't be all great, all garbage, or way too many covers.

They seriously need to do Ninja Gaiden.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's funny how Rodyle turned out to be kinda right about ~Economic Anxiety~ in NitW like, 24 parts in.

Also, man, that Cryme Tyme intro. Do they still even talk about Skullgirls on the podcast?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

RareAcumen posted:

It's funny how Rodyle turned out to be kinda right about ~Economic Anxiety~ in NitW like, 24 parts in.

Nah

Wow this game is a lot about youth culture and how hosed up and screwed passing generations are in our hosed up society and how draining it and capitalism can be on the soul.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Re: Liam, yeah he still looks young, his hair is just super long now -- past his shoulders -- so he looks even more like our lord and savior.

https://twitter.com/CatNamedNorris/status/878690737143107584

This is my favorite pic of Woolie from the con:

https://twitter.com/CatNamedNorris/status/878751823531847680

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So Matt is officially more bald than Pat right?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Burkion posted:

So Matt is officially more bald than Pat right?

The Punisher hat was a long con to distract away from this.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

my cat is norris posted:

Re: Liam, yeah he still looks young, his hair is just super long now -- past his shoulders -- so he looks even more like our lord and savior.

Weird Al?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Captain Baal posted:

grouchio literally believes vaccines caused his autism, he's too pitiable to get mad at

(i get mad at him anyway)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This is all I mean when I say that.

http://i.imgur.com/lUzkd6c.png

http://i.imgur.com/nugek95.png

So, two lines throughout this 14 hour game.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i mean economic woes are definitely a big part of NitW but they're part of the overarching motif of "the hole in the center of everything," the growing certainty that there's no future waiting for these kids and soon for everyone else, and how they choose to deal with that knowledge

the Black Goat cultists choose to sacrifice the young to a force they can't explain or understand and doesn't care a whit for them anyway (obvious allegory), whereas Mae and co. just tell all of them to gently caress off and decide to hold onto and cherish whatever they have while they still have it

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Edit: Nevermind moved to Private Messaging

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It's funny because I recently had to google Night Court to remind myself it was a thing and not just some weird as poo poo thing I imagined when I was a dumb kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Tekken 7 LP starting out STRONG. As in, Tekken 7 is loving insane, and therefore hilarious.