Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Normal battle music was annoying, pretty much the only tracks that jumped out at me were Lochs, Azim daytime, Second to last story dungeon, and last story trial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
The overworld music is mostly forgettable (especially the battle theme), but most instance stuff is really good.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I finished the MSQ!

Can someone cast Res on my good friend Zenos, please?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Quicktongue VI

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Goddamn. The cutscenes leading up to Doma Castle are so good they gave me chills.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

vOv posted:

Given that the second boss has attacks named Clockwork Raiton I think it's because he's actually a robot ninja, which is amazing. And I'll eat my hat if Yojimbo doesn't show up again in some other dungeon.

Personally I'm hoping he'll make an appearance in 4.0's inevitable Hildebrand questline.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Man RDM is so good and cool. Had my first goes at Emanation Extreme tonight, got a good four clears in. Being able to be a caster while a) being mobile and b) not having a pet rules so much.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Personally I'm hoping he'll make an appearance in 4.0's inevitable Hildebrand questline.

That's practically a gimmie. The long shot is having him show up as a mid-fight mechanic somewhere during one of the savage raids.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Thundarr posted:

That's practically a gimmie. The long shot is having him show up as a mid-fight mechanic somewhere during one of the savage raids.

Hildibrand shows up during the inevitable rematch against Yojimbo. The fight is already goofy so it's a perfect fit.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

SKULL.GIF posted:

Hildibrand shows up during the inevitable rematch against Yojimbo. The fight is already goofy so it's a perfect fit.

The Mandervilles ARE pretty rich... what if they hire Yojimbo for a case and we work with him :v:

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

carbuncle house is good

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I did it, lads. Level 70 at last. I assume I'm almost at the end of the MSQ. Then it's off to the EX primals, preparation for actually being in a raid static (hopefully), and the true challenge. Learning to take a good screenshot.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

SonicRulez posted:

and the true challenge. Learning to take a good screenshot.

First step, climb the kugane tower.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Based on the lack of comment, I'm guessing that Primal didn't have broken duty waits like Aether did tonight? Tanks were getting 25 minute queues, pre-formed groups still took 5-10 minutes to reserve, and god help you if you solo queued for anything as a DPS.

On the other hand it was a good excuse to powerlevel a miner almost all the way to 70.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Aether was fine for me on Cactuar fwiw.

I won't accept people poo poo talking Shisui because it has the best healer gear in the game flat out.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Those avatars.

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
I spent all of early access leveling my WHM from 50, and finally hit 60 last night. I haven't gotten to do any SB content yet, but holy crab an I having fun with WHM.
There is nothing more exhilirating than keeping an 8-man ex primal fight alive after other healer fell off edge. These were all bad pubbies too. I was using voice commands, my mouse, and my toothbrush-keyboard-typing all at once and it was intense.
But six commendations was worth it.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
While I do miss some of the smoothness of stance dancing of WAR and not ending up with weird values of gauge/wrath, getting Rampart and using Inner Beast as a defensive CD gives WAR some great uptime on defensives.

You can do the two 90s CDs (Rampart/Raw Intuition) and Inner Beast after each, then two of the 120s ones (Vengeance, Conva), Inner Beast after each, and then Rampart/Raw Intuition are back up. That's a solid chunk of just all around mitigation (at least against physical with Raw Intuition). And even if you omit the Inner Beasts, there's only 15 seconds of downtime in between rotating two 90s and the 120s CDs. If things actually hit hard enough to warrant using Inner Beast instead of Inner Release/Deliverance, you can get some insane uptime on Inner Beast too with Infuriate's CD reduction.

I am hoping that the developers realize tanks are going to want to equip the i270 Slaying gear to get max damage so they've tuned the Omega raid to just murder tanks who aren't taking the extra ~500 points of vitality from tank accessories. It probably won't happen, but it's nice to dream.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

slev posted:

I saw the dragoon tether buff for the first time and I kept running away from them because I thought it was a burning chains mechanic

I've got hosed over in a trial and a dungeon in SB because I've been conditioned to run away from orbs constantly now and then they put in these orbs that make you not die and give you massive damage.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

your eyes look like teeeeeth

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Chucat posted:

I've got hosed over in a trial and a dungeon in SB because I've been conditioned to run away from orbs constantly now and then they put in these orbs that make you not die and give you massive damage.

People keep running out of Earthly Star because it'd a new AoE indicator they haven't seen before.

Stand in it you fucks let me explode a galaxy on you. :argh:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
you know who needs to be in a hildebrand storyline?

siegfried

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Bussamove posted:

People keep running out of Earthly Star because it'd a new AoE indicator they haven't seen before.

Stand in it you fucks let me explode a galaxy on you. :argh:

It's a boss mechanic indicator just like that new DRG move, clearly!

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

What the minimum item level of Omega expected to be? i300? i310?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Toshimo posted:

Baut sidequest chain is A++.

Yeah, it was really good. I got real invested in it.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Ither posted:

What the minimum item level of Omega expected to be? i300? i310?

I really doubt it's gonna be above 300

edit: I mean you barely even hit 310 without extremes? 305 maybe?

Shy fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jun 26, 2017

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

How many more quests till i get to Stormblood? Just finished up the fight with the Warriors of Darkness. Kinda thought that was going to be the end but this stuff with this Griffon dude seems like he's gonna get in the way...

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

How many more quests till i get to Stormblood? Just finished up the fight with the Warriors of Darkness. Kinda thought that was going to be the end but this stuff with this Griffon dude seems like he's gonna get in the way...

WoD was like, 3.4 I think? You're close to the end.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/quest/?category2=0&category3=5

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Man, Lakshmi extreme is easy. Joined a clear party in PF, had at least 5 people that hadn't beaten it, we one shot it with maybe two deaths?

Susano Ex at least was difficult (as in we wiped a few times learning the timing of his tankbuster etc) when I did it the first week, but maybe that was the i290 average group talking.

Pretty good difficulty over all for intro extremes though. I guess they wanted to keep it easy since they're introducing fight specific hotbar actions now, like uh, Ultraxion back in Cataclysm.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Toshimo posted:

Baut sidequest chain is A++.

Baut is the best character and he needs more recognition.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
WHM feels REALLY good at 70. Was dicking around in Emanation EX and I felt like I had an answer to basically every situation. Granted, the 70 ability seems entirely useless and I don't remember stacking confessions...ever. But other than that it was great. Still not sure which abilities are her tank busters though.

I will say, DPS is nice, but nothing beats the feeling of timing a Medica perfectly and watching health ping pong back up to full after an aoe.

Also what Role actions are people usually taking? I'm still on the fence about a few of them.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Thumbtacks posted:

Also what Role actions are people usually taking? I'm still on the fence about a few of them.

whm? mine are protect, lucid dreaming, swiftcast, esuna and largesse.
for protect I remember somebody posted a macro that would temp switch it from a different ability out of combat so you could potentially sneak in another one

e: I'm curious about eye for an eye but with this cooldown it has to be the hail mary button, everything else seems useless? Except rescue which is pretty cool but probably pointless outside of coordinated groups

Shy fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Jun 26, 2017

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
End of Stormblood non-plot spoiler:

The reveal that the anthem you hear at the start isn't the Garlean national anthem but the anthem of Garlean Ala Mhigo was real cool. I thought the Rhalgr's Reach theme being a softer version of the anthem was foreshadowing the attack, but the fact that it turned out to be both foreshadowing and a call-forward to the national anthem of Ala Mhigo was a neat bit of world-building.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

vOv posted:

I don't think so. He looked at Lyse and the Mol girl, but not her. I did enjoy Suda going EIIIIIIIIIIIII????? at that one point though when he dissed her.

Actualy, I remember that too. He gets all pissy when he hears her name at first and then some underling explains that she gave jerklord the boot last time he started having ideas.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Noclip uploaded the second part of their FFXIV documentary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoOI5R-6u8k

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Shy posted:

for protect I remember somebody posted a macro that would temp switch it from a different ability out of combat so you could potentially sneak in another one

e: I'm curious about eye for an eye but with this cooldown it has to be the hail mary button, everything else seems useless? Except rescue which is pretty cool but probably pointless outside of coordinated groups

Eye for an Eye is great for scholars because they can Deploy it (for some reason)

I'm running what you are but with Rescue instead of protect (because of the macro)

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Shy posted:

Largesse, Swiftcast, Lucid Dreaming and Eye for an Eye are the good ones. Protect you can usually swap in for one cast, maybe leave it on one healer in 8-mans. Esuna, Surecast, and Break are all sometimes relevant. Rescue is good if you can think of a specific use for it. Cleric Stance is fine if you don't need anything else.

I just leave everything on my bars and turn stuff on/off in the menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
His Nhaama is actually most certainly Yugiri maybe.