Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
7 is absolutely the best in playing against non-talking pubbies. He can hear like 3/4ths of the map away and drop right on them. And god loving help any idiot who tries to get in a boat.

3 is definitely the best at dealing with organized groups because of the run and weapon damage. Also, Nintendo. Probably 2nd best hearing as far as I can tell.

9 is practically deaf, from what I can tell. I couldn't locate anyone. His other perks are nice, though. Same with 8.

6 is pretty much useless.

2 and Savini don't do much for me in general and I haven't used them much, but I think they're the same, hearing-wise to 8 and 9. 9 may be worst next to 6. I'll have to play as him some more.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jun 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

imweasel09 posted:

I think you might have part 7 mixed up with something else, nothing about that shift could be described as "fast".

Yeah I thought seven was the fence post spear jason, one of my favorites. Machete jason is kinda balls.

Fireaxe jason is great though.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

6 is pretty much useless.

If you can't make it work with faster shift and sense I dunno what to tell you dude.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Yeah 6 is pretty great overall almost every time I've used him, dunno if that's controller - kbm differences or what but 6 is probably 'high tier' at least on PC.

Also 8's great almost purely thanks to the destruction bonus that nobody else except Savini has. You go into combat stance, whack the door 3 quick times and it's gone. That plus a really good stalk and untouched shift makes him fun times.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 26, 2017

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Motherfucker posted:

If you can't make it work with faster shift and sense I dunno what to tell you dude.

he is specifically talking about 6's ability to hear noise pings from survivors, which is an unlisted strength/weakness. 6 does indeed have weak hearing.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Coolguye posted:

he is specifically talking about 6's ability to hear noise pings from survivors, which is an unlisted strength/weakness. 6 does indeed have weak hearing.

The weird thing is like I posted before, apparently every Jason has about the same hidden hearing ability, except 7 who's just weirdly great and can hear like 90% of the characters from across the map, some of them even if they're crouch walking.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
oh wait yeah i flicked over his post and he talks about 3 being good because weapon strength, durp

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Do the perks where you start with a walkie and big map just not work? I had them equipped and I didn't have them.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Pharmaskittle posted:

Do the perks where you start with a walkie and big map just not work? I had them equipped and I didn't have them.

Put the 'start with item' in the left most slot to get it to work. For me, the map one works if put in the far right. But it's a crapshoot.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

I did a clean sweep as NES Jason today. It was beautiful.

God drat Stryker almost got away because I morphed to the wrong car but he apparently sucks at driving as Tommy.

I murdered him horribly.

I did the same the next round after the loving counselors bum rushed me to the cops.

I also just played a match with my first glitcher who crackled wildly after the match because of how cool he was. I was done after that. No sense playing with poo poo heads who are more concerned with winning than playing.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Coolguye posted:

Yeah, whoops. Cleaned it up.

As far as I can tell, 6 is deaf, 2, 8, 9, and Savini have bad hearing, 3 is alright, and 7 could hear a mouse fart under 30 blankets.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 26, 2017

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Well if you had a sack over your head your hearing would probably be a bit muffled too :colbert:

Considering 7 also has an enhanced Sense, dude's a walking radar dish :stare:

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I had a hysterical match earlier today as Chad. I managed to kite Jason around for like ten minutes offering him money and cars to let me live. He just about had me when he realized I'd given the others time to get the four door car ready. He curses at me and morphs away. They manage to come along and pick me up, who's by this time at death's door. We're speeding along when Jason steps out of the bushes in front of us, screaming at the top of his lungs "CHAAAAAAD! CHAAAAAAAAAAD!" in absolute fury. He slams the car, I get out begging him to take the girls in the car and let me go, but he's still just yelling at me. He completely ignores the others to kill me and as I'm being strangled to death I tell him to "bury me with my parents' money." The entire chat afterwards is cracking up, including me and Jason.

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

Pharmaskittle posted:

I have the radio on the in the very first slot and and the map on in the second slot and I spawn with both. I had to have them in that order otherwise I'd spawn with one and not both.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Had a game with a dude sitting on 500 ping last night. I solo repair the blue car on crystal lake, and call on the radio for people to form up and get out. Along rocks mr 500ms and he announces in wonderful broken english 'HAF KEYS.'

I ask 'Want me to drive? I have shorter car start time perk, and much lower ping.'

He responds by jumping straight into the driver seat. Then back out. Then back in again. Of course, Jason appears, and we all start fighting him off as he starts the car. Some weapons and fireworks later, the car is started and we jump in and prepare for the ride of our lives. 500ms reverses away from Jason, massively over corrects, and smashes into the boat shed. I jump out, throw fire crackers on the car, and a shifting Jason appears beside the car and is immediately stunned. 500ms starts the car again, I jump in and we are off. He speeds forward - and smashes into the Map stand.

Jason again appears. AJ in the backseat leaps out, shoots him with the shotgun and we start the car up once more. Jason stands - We reverse, and take off again.

We crack into a tree stump 2 meters up the road. Baghead Jason is jogging to us. Car gets started, we reverse ...straight into Jason.

Now Buggsy is up. He jumps out, smacks Jason with the bat and knocks him down. 'WHY WON'T YOU DIE'.

Car started once more. 500ms dude says 'OH NO' and plants the pedal down. We scream forward, missing the road entirely, narrowly missing 2/3 trees and slamming into a fence near some Porta-johns.

Jason is casually walking towards us at this point. He has stopping morphing to us or shifting. Someone screams 'PLEASE! GET OUT OF THE DRIVER SEAT!!'.

Jason reaches the car as its turning over, and grabs AJ from the back. Headpunch kill. We are reversing.

We are on the road finally, he is now driving slowly, and carefully. We make it a solid 10 meters or so because Jason appears, and the static sends our oh-so dedicated driver careening away from him, and into a tree once more.

The nightmare seems over, Jason grabs 500ms, and pulls him from the car. I leap out of the passenger seat and head to the driver, but it's blocked by Jason. Buggsy jumps out and hits Jason, freeing 500ms dude. Sure enough, we scramble...and 500ms dude gets back in the drivers seat right as Buggsy knocks Jason down and his bat breaks.

Once more the car starts, Buggsy and I decide to walk our own path and sprint away, hoping that 500ms somehow makes it on his own. As we leave I look behind me as Jason repeatedly pulls 500ms guy out of the car, and doesn't perform an execution. Instead he just keeps yanking him out. We hope he somehow will escape on his own.

He doesn't. We retrieved the car 5 or so minutes later, another 10 feet away up the road. It's running and not smashed by either a tree or Jason. It appears after Jason finished murdering 500ms guy, he placed his remaining traps in front of the hood (?) - so we drive out while he chases a Tiffany to the exit where the police showed up.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Some dude who made a NES F13 remix of the cabin theme updated his remix and made it longer and it's rad so I figured I'd share it

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Coolguye posted:

i asserted that if he is mashing numbers to kill you as soon as possible he is going to kill you regardless of your perk setup

like i've had this perk and have tested it under entirely ideal circumstances, it does not make any difference at all. whether it's because the perk is broken like grease monkey or just low enough magnitude that even 15% makes no practical difference, i dunno, but it makes no difference whatsoever.
This I disagree. I noticed a difference from a garbage one and the choice of counselor greatly helps in this.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Scalding Coffee posted:

This I disagree. I noticed a difference from a garbage one and the choice of counselor greatly helps in this.

A low composure probably means death anyway, but I can often escape with high composure characters if they even think about going for a special kill. With the perk I know I could get out on the 10 composure characters at least once.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Neat, so there's actual cheaters in the game now I guess. Some guys were getting unbelievably butthurt because I trapped the phone and other minor things that I guess it's forbidden to do as Jason now. Killed them, killed a couple others, then when the last person was left I started randomly getting stunned like I was being melee'd or knifed out of nowhere. I go to check one of the guy's profiles who was being a baby and right up front, multiple VAC bans on record.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I only bitch out people who stack several traps in one place. Wouldn't stop me from triggering all of them and dying, since I get to be Tommy. I guess the EAC launcher is garbage now and actively a bad thing. Good thing the game isn't VAC protected.

TheAnomaly posted:

A low composure probably means death anyway, but I can often escape with high composure characters if they even think about going for a special kill. With the perk I know I could get out on the 10 composure characters at least once.
I know that all too well.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jun 26, 2017

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I actually really hate it when the councillors survive even when I am one and especially when they work in groups together.

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"
Had my first instance of a group straight up screwing the other counselors because they weren't a part of their group. They got really butthurt when I started slashing them because of it. Didn't kill any myself but hurt them enough that Jason had no issues dispatching them.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Played as Jason 8 again to go for the Every Kill trophy.

I take back what I said. He definitely has the second best hearing.

From the west end of Higgins House by the dock area I was hearing people in that northeast corner cluster of houses, so that's quite a range.

Next run as Jason I was Savini and he definitely has really weak hearing. At Packanack the closest pings I was getting were people within the same general area as me.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Why I love Jason 8 and Higgins especially:

Every single objective is one shift from the water.
All vehicles can be sighted from the water.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Inside Out Mom posted:

Burk, was streaming last night and highlighted this because lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9FZ2lU7awM

I am the border

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Why I love Jason 8 and Higgins especially:

Every single objective is one shift from the water.
All vehicles can be sighted from the water.

Vaguely related, mostly related to Tinfoil being Jason

If you get the four seater up and going, leave with as few people as loving possible. Just, go. Just go.

When some one gets out of your goddamn car to hold Jason off, DO NOT WAIT FOR THEM. DO NOT WAIT FOR THEM TO GET INTO THE CAR. ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE TELLING YOU TO LEAVE.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Why are you patrolling the edge of the lake though? (edit I misread what you were saying there. hahaha Ignore me.)

Booking in this payday for the first tattoo of my Jason sleeve. Been wanting to get it done since I was a kid and my undying(lol) love for the big guy has been thoroughly rekindled.

Drunken Baker fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jun 26, 2017

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Drunken Baker posted:

Why are you patrolling the edge of the lake though?

Booking in this payday for the first tattoo of my Jason sleeve. Been wanting to get it done since I was a kid and my undying(lol) love for the big guy has been thoroughly rekindled.

I was just showing where you can go, like if there's a boat in the water.

I just go up and down that river and watch for counselors. The speed and extra camera distance is game-changing map awareness.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I'm a god damned dullard. Hahaha.

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

I played a few games this morning and double xp is still a thing so that's cool!

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Does this game play nice with xbox controllers on PC?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Does this game play nice with xbox controllers on PC?

Very much so

Tirux
Apr 28, 2010

The wolf is at your door.
Anyone knows how to prevent or what causes the UE4-SummerCamp Game .exe crash a lot? This is getting bothersome, had like 12 crashes this weekend.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Burkion posted:

Vaguely related, mostly related to Tinfoil being Jason

If you get the four seater up and going, leave with as few people as loving possible. Just, go. Just go.

When some one gets out of your goddamn car to hold Jason off, DO NOT WAIT FOR THEM. DO NOT WAIT FOR THEM TO GET INTO THE CAR. ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE TELLING YOU TO LEAVE.

Two door car on a non-Higgins map is your best bet with me. I give it the least amount of attention and it means my water-advantage is nullified with the absence of a boat.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Two door car on a non-Higgins map is your best bet with me. I give it the least amount of attention and it means my water-advantage is nullified with the absence of a boat.

Yeah but trying to get people to take poo poo there is a bit like herding cats.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I should do a profile on myself and how I play Jason to give people some insight. I don't get better as a Jason if I'm going 8/8 every game.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I should do a profile on myself and how I play Jason to give people some insight. I don't get better as a Jason if I'm going 8/8 every game.

I mean you could let me live one of those times.

You know as a reward for being the most successful at what I'm doing.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Tirux posted:

Anyone knows how to prevent or what causes the UE4-SummerCamp Game .exe crash a lot? This is getting bothersome, had like 12 crashes this weekend.

There's currently a memory leak issue. Devs are working on it. Just have to restart the game every 3 or 4 matches to avoid the crash.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Burkion posted:

I mean you could let me live one of those times.

You know as a reward for being the most successful at what I'm doing.

You are the most successful at being Burk, but you know by now that's not how I play Jason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Had a pub game last night where I was NES Jason. After taking care of 2 fat kids who kept trying to play with the phone box, I just happened to teleport to the car just in time to watch 3 others trying to finish repairing it. Everyone panicked while the Chad player screamed for him to stop screwing up and repair faster. They managed to successfully stun me the whole time, but as luck would have it, Chad was the one with the keys, and the second he got the car started, he drove off shouting "Away peasants! Chad Kensington only looks out for Chad Kensington!" I was still laying on the ground at this time so his teammates were shouting various obscenities at him before I got back up and decided to let the lone Chad get away rather than risk more people getting away in the car. One of them then started screaming at Chad since he apparently mentioned having the other gas can with him in as he escaped.

I love how universal the Chaddening has become.

• Locked thread