Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Chairchucker posted:

I'm seeing Paul George to Cavs rumours and I'm OK with that.

At this point it's just rumors.

https://twitter.com/joevardon/status/879123930010832896

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

I agree with Mr. Whiteside's thesis, art devoid of any historical context is stupid, an empty glorification of wealth, look at all that Value in one place

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Redgrendel2001 posted:

This was already posted several days ago and it's not like he hasn't already played in one.

Well I missed it and now I'm bummered

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Derek Fisher does not stop
https://twitter.com/BigDaddyCFB/status/879146112581595142

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Matt Barnes and Melo about to have a team-up.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

the_american_dream posted:

The flexing was for a commercial iirc

I feel like I seen video of that. It wasn't like he was totally alone making faces in the bathroom mirror, he was aware he was bein' silly for his teammates around him but not for the media on the other side?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Cool Buff Man posted:

What does that have to do with it being a shame that he's not playing in summer league

Sorry I missed your super hot scoop on Ben Simmons still being injured

Are you drunk?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Are you drunk?

Yes, I'm drunk. What the gently caress is wrong with you

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Are you drunk?

The real question is...Are YOU drunk? And if not, why the gently caress aren't you???

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
3 people reacted to that tweet as if it was news to them and you show up acting like a loving prick for no reason

Get a grip

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Melo and Matt Barnes run up on Derek Fisher like

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Cool Buff Man posted:

Yes, I'm drunk. What the gently caress is wrong with you

So roid raging?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Predictions on if Magic is cooling his jets or if he's going to jump in at the last minute and sell the farm for PG

https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/879318930996834304

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/BigDaddyCFB/status/879146112581595142

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Redgrendel2001 posted:

So roid raging?

Do you have anything to contribute beyond flaccid attempts at trolling this morning? If not just move on

This was posted days ago

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

Melo and Matt Barnes run up on Derek Fisher like

Matt Barnes: "There ain't gonna be any fuckin' tonight!
Melo: "You ever made love to a man? You want to?"

Cool Buff Man posted:

Predictions on if Magic is cooling his jets or if he's going to jump in at the last minute and sell the farm for PG

Well I am a Pacers fan so I want him to sell the farm. But I REALLY want him to do it for hilarity reasons.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

WhyteRyce posted:

Kings Summer League roster:

Jack Cooley
De'Aaron Fox
Harry Giles
Dominique Hawkins
Buddy Hield
Justin Jackson
Skal Labissiere
Naz Mitrou-Long
Frank Mason
Georgios Papagiannis
Malachi Richardson

We are going to destroy people

Kings about to win 2 out of 3 Vegas summer league titles by sending their actual team.

Light years ahead of summer league.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I dunno about this sea change in reception towards public Monday thirst. I think Ash was right, drinking in the morning is one of those things a man has to do alone.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spoeank posted:

Kings about to win 2 out of 3 Vegas summer league titles by sending their actual team.

Buddy Fox is gonna be fun to watch get up. I get a lot of Westbrook vibes from Fox so summer league should be a spectacle

pubic works project posted:

Well I am a Pacers fan so I want him to sell the farm. But I REALLY want him to do it for hilarity reasons.

Unless KP is a complete idiot I imagine he has some good offers lined up that depend on what happens in FA. I doubt you'll get completely snaked

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Spoeank posted:

In some fairness, I'd want all those guys to get a Summer League run in, except for maybe Buddy. Skal, Papajohn and Richardson combined for less than 1000 minutes last year.

Buddy is almost 24, was pretty ok for a rookie, and played almost 2000 minutes last year. I don't really see what a Summer League run will do but I guess Vivek likes to see his pet play.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

Unless KP is a complete idiot...

Well in this new age of GMs....ummmmm....

:negative:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Well in this new age of GMs....ummmmm....

:negative:

Yeah I guess time will tell if his patience on draft night ends up being viewed as extremely stupid or sagacious. Join the club

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

EvanTH posted:

I dunno about this sea change in reception towards public Monday thirst. I think Ash was right, drinking in the morning is one of those things a man has to do alone.

I'm enjoying a nice Bloody Mary at the beach with my loved ones

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

Oh snap you hangin' out with Z-Bo and Marc?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Cool Buff Man posted:

This was posted days ago

It also doesn't appear true, she went with her son and got seated with the basketball folks. Although I'm mostly guessing that from her social media. Since the split she's gone from Mom Posting pics of Michelle Obama and Beyonce and kids parties to GETTIN' BACK IN THE GYM and I DEMAND TO BE UNDERSTOOD AS A SEXUAL OBJECT photos lol it's great gently caress you carmelooooo

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

It also doesn't appear true, she went with her son and got seated with the basketball folks. Although I'm mostly guessing that from her social media. Since the split she's gone from Mom Posting pics of Michelle Obama and Beyonce and kids parties to GETTIN' BACK IN THE GYM and I DEMAND TO BE UNDERSTOOD AS A SEXUAL OBJECT photos lol it's great gently caress you carmelooooo

What are your thoughts on the chances of him being bought out of his contract? Could the banana boat float a little closer to Cleveland this season?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Some extra info on the new two-way deals here. A one-year deal guarantees between $75,000 and $275,000 for the player, they can be included in trades, and teams can submit qualifying offers to players on the deals to officially call them up to the roster. Players also accrue Bird rights while on two-way deals.

quote:

The important note here is the $275,000 figure is not guaranteed. That figure can be earned if said player spends the entire allocated amount of days (45) with their NBA team. The inaugural year of two-way contracts (2017–18 season) will be important in setting the tone for how teams handle the salary figure. Many agents with opt for some sort of “handshake agreement” that their player will indeed be brought up for the maximum amount of days to ensure full earning potential. NBA teams who do not follow this line of thought risk losing out on future two-way players altogether.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Cavs are the leading contenders for a Post-Buyout Melo. Probably the same for Wade. Getting CP3 here would probably take trading Kyrie for him, which I would be against, but we have to please Lebron, he has hand!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

In some fairness, I'd want all those guys to get a Summer League run in, except for maybe Buddy. Skal, Papajohn and Richardson combined for less than 1000 minutes last year.

Buddy is almost 24, was pretty ok for a rookie, and played almost 2000 minutes last year. I don't really see what a Summer League run will do but I guess Vivek likes to see his pet play.

Last summer Joerger put WCS in a bunch of scenarios and situations he clearly wasn't comfortable with. He might be trying to see how Buddy does playing entirely off the ball. Or maybe wants to have him play pseudo-PG.

Or maybe he wants a championship t-shirt.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

NickRoweFillea posted:

If you'd like to enjoy a refreshing summer drink with friends and family check this out, it's changing lives in 2k17:

Make a milkshake with white wine instead of milk. A peach ice cream or similar fruit is probably ideal, but vanilla works too. Best if you throw in some strawberries or raspberries to float around the top, lil mint leaf for garnish who knows.

Cool Buff Man posted:

What are your thoughts on the chances of him being bought out of his contract? Could the banana boat float a little closer to Cleveland this season?

Probably has to be run by Dolan, who'll complain about having already bought out Amar'e and it won't happen. I'd like if it happens but this team sucks and the owner is the biggest idiot there can be

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jun 26, 2017

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Who are the two-way deals meant for? Undrafted rookies exclusively or is it more expansive?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

NickRoweFillea posted:

I hope you're having a wonderful time buddy.

EvanTH posted:

Make a milkshake with white wine instead of milk

New thread title

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Shear Modulus posted:

Who are the two-way deals meant for? Undrafted rookies exclusively or is it more expansive?

Probably anyone. There was a lot of talk about many of the 2nd round guys going to the G League.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Fisher is probably going to get the poo poo beat out of him someday and it'll be hilarious.

Cool Buff Man posted:

I can never see a Steve Kyler tweet without thinking about this one.

https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/687816696430723073

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spacebump posted:

I can never see a Steve Kyler tweet without thinking about this one.

That's the last time I link the bastard Steve Kyler. Ridiculous.

Definitely going after Lowry?

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/879360696571404288

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

WhyteRyce posted:

Last summer Joerger put WCS in a bunch of scenarios and situations he clearly wasn't comfortable with. He might be trying to see how Buddy does playing entirely off the ball. Or maybe wants to have him play pseudo-PG.

Or maybe he wants a championship t-shirt.

I guess getting some time playing next to Fox is a good idea, especially as I assume the idea is to build around those two.

Michael Corleone posted:

Cavs are the leading contenders for a Post-Buyout Melo. Probably the same for Wade. Getting CP3 here would probably take trading Kyrie for him, which I would be against, but we have to please Lebron, he has hand!

Those are both big buyouts though, I'm not sure if the Bulls & Knicks are going to bother. Bulls in particular would probably rather have Wade kicking around to help play with the rookies, but who knows.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Michael Corleone posted:

Probably anyone. There was a lot of talk about many of the 2nd round guys going to the G League.

No 2nd round pick is going to take a deal like that. And 2nd round picks can already be assigned to the G League easily. This is going to be for undrafted players, players making a come back, and maybe even a couple foreigners.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

That's the last time I link the bastard Steve Kyler. Ridiculous.

Definitely going after Lowry?

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/879360696571404288

I could also see them going after Teague.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

I could also see them going after Teague.

The team's filled with 35% from three shooters, Teague would be a major settle. I think they would be better sticking with Rubio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Oh snap you hangin' out with Z-Bo and Marc?

He brought the tomatoes
https://twitter.com/marcgasol/status/879240331157528576

• Locked thread