Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Doc Hawkins posted:

Yeah, I guess I wasn't explicit: in my view two bottles a day, of someone else's wine, for two weeks straight, definitely qualifies as "going apeshit."

Even this. If you're not getting paid, a very generous 40 bucks a day in wine for house and cat sitting is well below market rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
This probably isn't worth reading all of but I hate this guy and all the comments are agreeing with him and missing the subtext! I'll try and bold stuff so that hopefully you guys see where I'm coming from even if you disagree. She certainly seems bad from the text but I'd love to hear her version.

quote:

This is my first girlfriend ever. We started dating last July after meeting on OKC, and hit it off. Almost at a year. This is also a very long piece, so please bear with me.

We both struggle with social stuff. She tends to be better but for whatever reasons her social anxieties come about in the oddest of moments in the oddest of ways.

It's been a mostly good ride, with quite a few bumps. Quite recently we've had some big fights over some serious poo poo, and some just plain stupid poo poo. We're working through those, it's tiring.

But the main issue comes to my parents, and how they see her. Her parents love me, and think I'm a great guy. Generally say hi and speak with them briefly, even with a language barrier.

My parents, don't quite see her the same way. Of course my dad is very chill, and my mom is the more intense one, but there's always seemed to be a bit of friction between my mom and her. My gf has remarked to me she thinks my mom doesn't like her and is always judging her, which my mom has told me is not the case. When my gf comes over to my place, she sometimes says hi but then we mostly go up to my room. I'd love to have more interaction with each of our families, but a lot of the time she just rebuffs it with not feeling comfortable.

It almost feels as though she wants to control or monopolize my time with others.

My mom has asked me before what she does to make me happy.
I've always felt she has, even when looking at it. We do have different interests in someways. She wants to be a surgeon, I'm a software engineer.

So where some of the real issues occur is on two particular disagreements we've had.

The other day my GF was over my house. I had gone to look for something for her downstairs, like I think a hard drive or something. While down there my mom is cleaning out one of our old file cabinets that had some of my stuff in there. As I was looking for the drive and checking on some pizza I had in the oven, my mom asked me to help her sort through some stuff. Of course I'm gonna help her. This takes about 10-15 minutes or so, and my gf is up in my room just by herself, not interacting with anyone.

She comes down later clearly upset, asks where I was, doesn't even look or speak to my parents, takes some pizza and goes back to my room. I linger down there a little bit longer before returning and having a fight with my gf over this. She says I left her up there for ages and was rude and inconsiderate. She felt I should have told her I was helping my mom out, and that she considered this "her time" because I was done with my homework and was gonna spend some time with her. This always bugged me, but I agreed to let her know if something like that was going to change. This was also the first fight my parents took notice of.

Another fight we had was recently. We spent a weekend at a hotel and my gf left her car at my parents place. It was on the street, just a few in front of the mailbox, but not enough for the mailbox to fully pull all the way up. My parents didn't notice until the next day and my dad sent me a text saying hey could you guys come fix this. I'm thinking it's a simple thing as we'd go up there before we headed to the city later that day. My gf has a very different reaction.

She gets very grumpy at the request, questioning why my parents didn't tell her the first time when she parked. She felt it was fine and didn't want to change it. She said it's wasting her time and that she's annoyed by the request of my parents. Not wanting to fight again over stupid poo poo, I said ok you can stay here and I'll move it. She then had the gall to tell me when I get to my parent's house, just move the car and don't stop and talk to my parents. She also said she didn't want me to park it in my driveway when my parents said she could park it there.

On the phone with my parents when I'm driving up, my parents felt very disrespected. They said she doesn't have the authority to tell me or them where she'll park their car on their property. They also said if she wants to dictate that she could come move it herself. I did just pull it forward eventually, but there's more.

Later the next day, my parents stopped me to talk to me about my gf. They mentioned that they really don't like her anymore and are at the point to where they aren't really welcoming her to her home.
Some of the reasons they mentioned they don't like her:

Feel she's controlling me. They feel it's always me catering to her and doing what she wants, and that I never get that same support

They think that us being on the phone all the time, even when someone leaves because she's wants us to feel "close" and together is a bit weird.

They also feel she's a bit of brat and childish and petulant, and was really disrespectful.

All in all, they don't feel she's the right one for me.

What are my thoughts on this? They're not far off. I sort of share the same ones.

We've had a lot of fights recently, some of them based on how she interprets and reacts to things (as in if I don't say something absolutely gently and with the nicest of tones and loving she gets upset and thinks I'm being harsh), others based on her thinking I'm doing something wrong or that I'm being silly. I've had those thoughts before, and have squashed them to give her benefit of the doubt.

But the longer I think about it, the more I can see it. An example is my girlfriend isn't a big fan of my robotics hobby. She's told me she thinks it's boring and doesn't see the point because she thinks it's just playing with oversized toys. I was offended at this, and said that's an example of not being supportive and she said she was super supportive by going to 2 of my events. 1 which she was there and helped with the poo poo show and then left before it really started, the other because it doubled as a weekend trip for us.

I feel at times I have to walk on pins and needles for fear of not offending her or starting a fight. She says I always start them.

Ultimately, I think deep down I know this relationship isn't going to work out, and even with the counseling we're going through, this poo poo is bound to end badly for me if we continue.

After all these fights, she mentions she doesn't love me the same, and doesn't know why she continues being with me since I make her so unhappy. But I know if I was to actually break up with her, she'd be devastated and angry and blame me for everything.

This isn't healthy. I'm starting to have that come to Jesus moment about this relationship. I need help working out through things. I need to know how do I break out of this without poo poo blowing up spectacularly? I'm not here to try to force a relationship to continue anymore. I just don't know how to break it to her.

tl;dr: This relationship is over. My parents don't like her and feel she's been disrespectful.
How do I break out of it since I feel trapped? How do I break out of it since I feel trapped?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 26, 2017

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

La Brea Carpet posted:

Re: witch chat

Is it unusual that a 23 year old woman looks 18? I couldn't tell someone who was 23 or 18 side by side if I tried.

Nah, I don't think so. I'm 29 and just graduated from a 2 year program. Most of my classmates thought I was their age, 19-20. I've always looked younger than my age.

Some folks just look a little young is all.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

This probably isn't worth reading all of but I hate this guy and all the comments are agreeing with him and missing the subtext! I'll try and bold stuff so that hopefully you guys see where I'm coming from even if you disagree. She certainly seems bad from the text but I'd love to hear her version.

i'm afraid to ask how old these people are

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Nessa posted:

Nah, I don't think so. I'm 29 and just graduated from a 2 year program. Most of my classmates thought I was their age, 19-20. I've always looked younger than my age.

Some folks just look a little young is all.

I'm 36 and get 25-29 constantly, it's a blessing and a curse. I have trouble nailing down ages on people though, because I look younger and my kids all look bigger/older than they are, so my perspective on what certain ages "look like" is a bit warped

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

YeahTubaMike posted:

i'm afraid to ask how old these people are

22 and 21, so not too bad actually.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Having a witch as a gf would rule as long as you didnt piss her off

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Having a witch as a gf would rule as long as you didnt piss her off

Who would really wanna go and top that?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I am curious as to what you refer to by "missing the subtext." What am I not seeing?

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Cakefarts Carol posted:

I am curious as to what you refer to by "missing the subtext." What am I not seeing?
Really really REALLY overinvolved and passive-aggressive parents who have that dude on a leash about half an inch long.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Cakefarts Carol posted:

mama's boy. Girlfriend sounds pretty irritating too though

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

spite house posted:

Really really REALLY overinvolved and passive-aggressive parents who have that dude on a leash about half an inch long.

Dudes a giant pussy.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Guy's with overbearing mothers will find themselves inexorably drawn to overbearing women.

I suspect there's some comfort in always being told what to do and how to act. Like, you don't have to worry about living your own life if someone needs you to live theirs for them.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

blarzgh posted:

Guy's with overbearing mothers will find themselves inexorably drawn to overbearing women.

His parents might be a bit like that as he seems.... special. A special boy.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Considering he doesn't delve any further into why his gf might feel unwelcome in their home when he first brings it up I'm taking the rest of that post with a grain of salt. Everything else discussed seems to come after there's already been some tension between her and his parents.

I wonder if race is an issue, OP sorta hints at it when he mentions there's a language barrier between him and her parents but never explicitly says anything about that dynamic otherwise.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

ArbitraryC posted:

Considering he doesn't delve any further into why his gf might feel unwelcome in their home when he first brings it up I'm taking the rest of that post with a grain of salt. Everything else discussed seems to come after there's already been some tension between her and his parents.

I wonder if race is an issue, OP sorta hints at it when he mentions there's a language barrier between him and her parents but never explicitly says anything about that dynamic otherwise.

Mentioning race is racist.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
My wife [29/F] has developed some really odd habits and I [27/M] really don't know how to handle it.

quote:

My wife and I have been married for 4 weeks. We've been living together for two years and together 3 years. In all of that time, she's never once done any of the things she did immediately post wedding. Never gave any indication of anything being askew. Now, I'm all sorts of confused.

We got married May 27th and honeymooned immediately afterwards. Everything was completely normal. June 4th, we return home and settle in for our first married-in-our-home day. Starts off normal, but quickly changes into a really odd and wholly nutty situation.

Over the last couple of weeks, she's basically stopped wearing clothes around the house. She does laundry, puts it away and then will either put on my shorts (I'm a 38 waist and 6'4... she's a tiny girl) and cinch them with rope/cord/whatever and one of my t-shirts, or she'll just wear nothing. To the point where delivery people are bringing food and she's directly around the corner (out of sight) with her hand out impatiently waiting for food. Not such a big deal, kinda cute. She's also started to poop with door open and is a lot more 'free' with bodily functions. Also no big deal, all charming in their own way. But I digress.

Some big things that stand-out:

She wanted me to massage her back, so I did. She fell asleep and was drooling. I guess the feeling of drool on her face woke her up. She springs up, rolls over and goes "Slap me across the face, I'm your loving bitch".

What the hell? I thought she was asleep or being funny, but she really wanted me to slap her across the face, which I didn't do.

She'll be brushing her teeth and then ask me to smell her pits and tell her she's a disgusting whore.

She's asked me to verbally degrade her (in private), she's asked me to slap her across the lower back and rear end because she's "an undeserving whore". She even said she deserved to be "beaten up". It all centered around getting the wrong item at a store and just said as plain, and calm, as day said: "You should beat me up for this."

What in the hell?

She's still going to work, doing chores, keeping her social life; she isn't doing drugs, drinking or having an affair (it's possible but seems really unlikely). Everything is normal, except for this. I am beyond baffled. We were swimming this weekend at a friend's cottage and enjoying ourselves. We were in water about 8 feet deep and she was holding on to me and kissing my face and said: "you could drown me and I couldn't stop you. That's so hot."

There are other situations like this. She's asked me to call her stupid; she wants to be smacked around, but I know for a fact that she's afraid of being attacked - when we first started dating, she was approached by a man on a dark street who didn't know she was with someone and left when I came around the corner. Her hands were shaking and she threw-up, so I know she's scared of violence.

I honestly can't figure out what the hell is going on and really worried this is the early signs of mental illness? Is it something else? Do you think she cheated and is punishing herself? When I ask why the change, what's happened, she diverts the conversation or just says how she's dumb/weak/stupid/whore/slut and needs to be reprimanded and she's always been dumb/weak/stupid/whore/slut and I just didn't notice it. Seriously, what the hell.

tl;dr: Wife has started to ask me to beat her up, degrade her, throw her around. This weekend she and I were swimming around and she commented about how I could drown her and she couldn't fight back and it was "hot." I'm at a loss for what is really going on.

You. Dense. Motherfucker.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Buzkashi posted:

Who would really wanna go and top that?

There a lot of idiots in the world

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Marriage is the ultimate bdsm lifestyle

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

La Brea Carpet posted:

My wife [29/F] has developed some really odd habits and I [27/M] really don't know how to handle it.

that poo poo is still off-putting and gross and if my wife sprung that on me right after getting married with no hint of being into that before i'd be looking into an annulment tbh

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

La Brea Carpet posted:

"My gf did a behavioral 180 after we got married and is saying/doing things that not only are totally unlike her but also seem incredibly unhealthy, is it possible she needs mental help?"

La Brea Carpet: just slap her, call her a whore, and gently caress her; what's the problem here.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jun 26, 2017

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

He needs some soft-handed advice like "check her browser history" for signs of....malfeasance.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Don't worry local reditor PeriwinklePunk has noticed perhaps the most important aspect of this issue while everyone else fumbled their priorities

quote:

Posting those exact dates and other such precise info could lead to you two being identified. Why take the risk of outing your wife's kink to family, friends, and coworkers?

no kinkshaming please

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

"My gf did a behavioral 180 after we got married and is saying/doing things that not only are totally unlike her but also seem incredibly unhealthy, is it possible she needs mental help?"

La Brea Carpet: just slap her, call her a whore, and gently caress her; what's the problem here.

Sorry to disappoint but I only get off on vaguely unsatisfying missionary position only sex, with the lights off.

Just saying going to SHE CHEATED or SHE'S LOSING HER GODDAMN MIND is a much bigger leap than her revealing she's a borderline sex weird.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

that poo poo is still off-putting and gross and if my wife sprung that on me right after getting married with no hint of being into that before i'd be looking into an annulment tbh

pretty slutshamey to say the op shouldn't beat his new wife

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

La Brea Carpet posted:

Sorry to disappoint but I only get off on vaguely unsatisfying missionary position only sex, with the lights off.

Just saying going to SHE CHEATED or SHE'S LOSING HER GODDAMN MIND is a much bigger leap than her revealing she's a borderline sex weird.

huge behavior changes can actually be evidence of brain tumors so you never know but yeah I'd say that level of sex weird is unhealthy regardless and perhaps indicative of abuse in the past. I just think it's funny that the first response would be "but she wants to sex you man, what are you complaining for" as if most people wouldn't be offput by beating their wife and how suddenly it all came up.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

She and the Berth El Pup guys wife got swapped at the alter in a hilarious mixup

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm really angry at OP in that so-called "witch" story because I imagined the dude describing his girlfriend's insanely weird pagan witch rituals and feeling conflicted about how she eats lizards or something equally rad after reading the title, but nope, he's just a very dumb and lame drama queen. How predictable. :argh:

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Sometimes the redditor doth project too much.

quote:

I think she is going to cheat on you and let you "catch" her and say "yes, I am dirty, I am bad, I am a whore, OH OH OH Hit me daddy"

I would bet five dollars.

You know I'm right.

The fact that she waited till you were married to "let it all hang out" shows that she is a creep. And here she is, doing weird stuff already with food delivery, how long before you find the pizza boy bringing her some extra sausage?

I would say DIVORCE HER ALREADY but I am wondering, is she on psychiatric meds, if so, what's she taking? Could she be doing meth? If there is a chemical explanation, you can give her another chance. Otherwise GET RID OF HER.

Person might possibly in the future maybe cheat on a dude: UNACCEPTABLE

Meth: WORK IT OUT

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I would be really curious of the breakdown of male doms versus female doms in BDSM because it seems to be one of the biggest red flags for re-branding an abusive relationship as a progressive one. What? She likes to be smacked around. You prude. You utter fool.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

huge behavior changes can actually be evidence of brain tumors so you never know but yeah I'd say that level of sex weird is unhealthy regardless and perhaps indicative of abuse in the past. I just think it's funny that the first response would be "but she wants to sex you man, what are you complaining for" as if most people wouldn't be offput by beating their wife and how suddenly it all came up.

this is absolutely definitely 100% about finding a "safe" way to confront the issues that make her puke with fear from being confronted by a weirdo with someone she thinks won't actually murder her until she badgers him to try breathplay

IDK that that's a problem if she's otherwise happy and functional but sounds like she isn't really

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jun 26, 2017

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

this is absolutely definitely 100% about finding a "safe" way to confront the issues that make her puke with fear from being confronted by a weirdo with someone she thinks won't actually murder her until she badgers him to try breathplay

IDK that that's a problem if she's otherwise happy and functional but sounds like she isn't really

Right. I don't think it would be a problem if dude's wife was like "Can you humiliate and choke me a bit in the bedroom?" But, uh, she's taking it 12 steps too far out of their sex life into defining her entire lifestyle and existence around a very troubling fetish and should probably get intensive therapy.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
But it's sex man, who isn't so thirsty that they could overlook all the possible issues with her behavior instead of just getting some fuk.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Pick posted:

I would be really curious of the breakdown of male doms versus female doms in BDSM because it seems to be one of the biggest red flags for re-branding an abusive relationship as a progressive one. What? She likes to be smacked around. You prude. You utter fool.

I went to my 20 year HS reunion this weekend and all the single people had at least one internet dating horror story about sex weirds. My favorite one was the girl who was contacted by a guy who wanted to take her out, buy her a nice out fit and shoes, help her meet someone, and then go home with the shoes.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

new phone who dis posted:

I went to my 20 year HS reunion this weekend and all the single people had at least one internet dating horror story about sex weirds. My favorite one was the girl who was contacted by a guy who wanted to take her out, buy her a nice out fit and shoes, help her meet someone, and then go home with the shoes.

sounds win-win, that's better than an easy majority of the first dates I've had with non-perverts

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

new phone who dis posted:

That sounds like a pretty good deal, if you think about it she can buy more shoes later, and she probably already owns some.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I can laugh at the naive guy who hasn't heard of the weird sex acts while still obviously feeling concern for her way of bringing this up, ie, sudden onset after marriage. If she wants weird sex she can ask about it on the third date, jumping to really dark humiliating stuff after marriage could well be a sign of something else.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

sounds win-win, that's better than an easy majority of the first dates I've had with non-perverts

Yeah, a bunch of the grizzled dating vet women were like "gently caress it, I would do it". Then they all argued over how nice the shoes would have to be to say yes.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I can laugh at the naive guy who hasn't heard of the weird sex acts while still obviously feeling concern for her way of bringing this up, ie, sudden onset after marriage. If she wants weird sex she can ask about it on the third date, jumping to really dark humiliating stuff after marriage could well be a sign of something else.

who springs the weird stuff on the third date, jesus dude have some patience and find out if you actually like each other before you bring out the beetle cage

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jun 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

La Brea Carpet posted:

she's a borderline sex weird.

man, I wanna party with you if you think the way she's doing it judging by his examples is just borderline