Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Also, 9/10 players selected on the All-Defensive teams are from the WC. Only exception was Giannis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
kevin durant breaking basketball was only forgiven if he created the best offseason panic ever, and so far it's been more smoke than fire. guess we'll see, but right now i'm reading about/interested in the Spurs summer league team, which is a really bad sign.
so far we've got

(Slo-Mo not confirmed but I think I have to include him to make an important point about all our big-headed funny-lookin motherfuckers, plus I like to think they'll just make him play SL for the entirety of his career)

AND WHO CAN FORGET

(not pictured, Jared Blossomgame, Ádám Hanga, James Robinson, etc.)
SPURS YOUTH MOVEMENT BITCH
(this all would have been a lot more entertaining looking if we still had Boban so gently caress u SVG)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Kibner posted:

Also, 9/10 players selected on the All-Defensive teams are from the WC. Only exception was Giannis.

i mean that's about the same distribution as the actual talent disparity

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Tales of Woe posted:

Rubio needs a team that's missing a PG but can put a bunch of shooters on the floor, which is like...Denver and I dont know who else.

Please please please please please

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Criminal Minded posted:

Who DIDN'T vote for Gobert?

Other centers receiving 1st team votes:

DeAndre: 1
Whiteside: 1
Dwight: 1
KAT: 1

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

EvanTH posted:

"before the draft"

Man Phil really is a dumb guy when he gets blame for every single bad idea that the Knicks ultimately decided not to do

edit: seriously, that text you just read says "before they drafted a PG, Knicks considered trading for a PG" why's that not understandable

reading comprehension is extremely difficult!!!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Eric Gordon somehow received two votes, with one of them being first team???

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

everyone saying lillard sucks on defense can officially shut up now because he got a vote

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Shear Modulus posted:

everyone saying lillard sucks on defense can officially shut up now because he got a vote

Same, but Isaiah Thomas.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Covington got snubbed :colbert:

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Shear Modulus posted:

i mean that's about the same distribution as the actual talent disparity

Lebron should probably be on it tbh but the narrative of him coasting during the regular season is too strong.

(Yes, he does coast a little, but Lebron coasting is still a top 10 defender IMO)

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

IT getting a vote rules

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I really hope there's someone out there with an IT/Lillard/Eric Gordon/X/KAT ballot

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
God drat I wish something would happen today. I am so loving bored at work. Our property management system is down so I can't do poo poo.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/MillerTimePod/status/879330346696921089

Let's make this happen, guys!

pubic works project fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jun 26, 2017

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Wendy's has a pro-tier Twitter. Not quite RC Cola levels though

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

WhyteRyce posted:

Nihilist Arby's is still the best.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Nihilist Arby's is still the best.

https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys/status/869967807353638913

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I liked da share z0ne ripping on Wendy's out of nowhere

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

I watched Donovan Mitchell several times, and I do like the dude, but also he was not really a point guard in college so there is going to be some learning curve there.

Don't worry, Stubhub is there to make sure all those tickets sell for at least $20 dollars, which I guess is nice for teams maintaining fake sellouts, sucky for the families those $10 dollar seats the NBA mandated were meant for.

I don't think they're really looking at Mitchell as a full time point guard unless they don't have any other options. They're trying to re-sign Hill and also talking about trading for Beverly. And they still have Exum around even if I think he's kind of a lost cause. I don't love the idea of a 6'1" guy who can't play point but I think the idea is that his freakish wingspan makes up for it. The other issue is that he does not shoot nearly that well in actual game action, although I appreciate that he practices with the same poo poo shot selection that he plays with

WhyteRyce posted:

I think that RC cola one everyone likes is fake.

My girlfriend does social media for her company and thinks the two best Brand Twitters are Wendy's and Dennys

MourningView fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jun 26, 2017

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Donovan measured 6'3" in shoes which isn't great but with his wingspan and effort seems manageable

morestuff fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jun 26, 2017

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
2nd Team All Defense Forward Andrew Roberson about to get paaaaid

leftist heap fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jun 26, 2017

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

morestuff posted:

Donovan measured 6'3" in shoes which isn't great but with his wingspan and effort seems manageable

He was wearing some big rear end shoes. My issues with him are definitely a lot more with his offense than his defense though. He's way worse at getting to the basket and finishing in traffic than you'd think someone with his athleticism would be (due to being a shameful two footed jumper) and his jumper is erratic, especially with his lovely shot selection

MourningView fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jun 26, 2017

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

MourningView posted:

He was wearing some big rear end shoes

Cole Aldrich measured 6'9" without shoes and 6'11.25" with shoes

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

WhyteRyce posted:

Cole Aldrich measured 6'9" without shoes and 6'11.25" with shoes

I think Mitchell was like 6'1.25" without

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

BWV posted:

IT getting a vote rules

They shouldn't let the person that voted for IT vote next season. League already changed the all star vote because of Zaza. This is probably worse than that.

I'm excited about the free agency. Even though the Mavs are mainly going to pay Noel and use team options on young players. I wouldn't mind if they got Joe Ingles for their bench. Mainly I just want to play as the Mavs with a custom 18 season roster in 2k.

I wonder where Tony Allen will sign. If the Grizz are really going to only offer him minimum he will probably leave. If the Clippers keep CP3/Blake, they should try to sign him.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
It was Bill Simmons, just my humble guess.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys/status/860956733740634113

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Michael Corleone posted:

It was Bill Simmons, just my humble guess.

https://twitter.com/HowardBeck/status/879388608154697730

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I had completely forgotten about the stupid award show.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Jack's Flow posted:

I had completely forgotten about the stupid award show.

I hope the NBA realizes how dumb this timing was and changest it next year.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
A helpful article about two way GLeague contracts. Mavs are using one of their two on Baylor's Johnathan Motley. Have any other teams announced who they are going to use their two way contracts on?
http://www.scout.com/nba/mavericks/story/1787252-what-motley-s-g-league-deal-means-for-mavs

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Spacebump posted:

Why would they do that? They just drafted French Frank and should be giving him those minutes. I don't understand GM Phil.

Bit late but everything I read before the draft was that if Dallas took him he'd spend most of if not all season in the G league. He's a bit of a project

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Bradley got more points than Giannis. Down with positions

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Tae posted:

Who the hell people voted for KAT for all-defense

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

tanglewood1420 posted:

Isaiah Thomas getting a 2nd team vote lmao

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Someone left Draymond entirely off their ballot. Someone left Rudy entirely off their ballot. Someone left Kawhi entirely off their ballot.

5 people gave Russ first team all defense votes. Dame and KAT and IT all got votes.

Next time someone mocks fan voting on anything, remember this.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

predicto posted:

Someone left Draymond entirely off their ballot. Someone left Rudy entirely off their ballot. Someone left Kawhi entirely off their ballot.

5 people gave Russ first team all defense votes. Dame and KAT and IT all got votes.

I mean, the actual list is perfectly fine.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

predicto posted:

Naw, fan voting would be way, way loving worse.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Bill Simmons confirmed on twitter a while ago that he's the one all-defense vote for Austin Rivers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
we need to find out who these people are and park moving vans outside of their houses. send em a message

• Locked thread