Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Jake Arrieta please keep showing up for the rest of the season tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

ChiTownEddie posted:

What do you guys think of this 'the season blows for my team' trade:
Give: Harper, Hamilton, Carrasco
Get: Corey Seager

Seager is at 7$ and keepable +1$ each year. No one I'm giving is really keepable.

E: I should say teams only keep 2-3 guys a season.

What place are you in?

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I am usually sitting in 9-10th out of 12 and 35 points back of the leader. It's 4x4 and my ratio stats are so effed. I'm 11th in OPS and like 9th (and way back) in ERA.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

obp/slg, no avg keeper league

betts 25
for
judge 10

no brainer for judge, right?

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jun 23, 2017

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Abel Wingnut posted:

obp/slg, no avg keeper league

betts 25
for
judge 10

no brainer for judge, right?

yes

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Is it about time to pick up Starling Marte? He's still got about 20 games left on his suspension.

I need a drop, Haniger or Hicks? I could also drop Jimmy Nelson instead.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jun 23, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Is it about time to pick up Starling Marte? He's still got about 20 games left on his suspension.

I need a drop, Haniger or Hicks? I could also drop Jimmy Nelson instead.

If you had to drop one, it would probably be Hicks because his playing time isn't guaranteed whenever Ellsbury is back. But I would try to hold onto him until closer to Marte's return date given how he's been playing.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
STRASBURG OH NO BABY WHAT IS YOU DOING.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

drop urias if you have him, keeper or single-season

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I called someone in my league a taco, and now I'm getting blown out by him. :sigh:

My team is so good and yet just can't put it together to turn it into victories.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Can Hanley just get put on the DL? I know he is playing tonight but honestly he would be more valuable to me just not playing. I also can't bring myself to cut him.

Also what the hell has gotten into Ian Happ lately?

E: Right on cue is a homer. Point still stands.

Pandanaut fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jun 24, 2017

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Pandanaut posted:

Can Hanley just get put on the DL? I know he is playing tonight but honestly he would be more valuable to me just not playing. I also can't bring myself to cut him.

Also what the hell has gotten into Ian Happ lately?

E: Right on cue is a homer. Point still stands.

He's been on my 12 team h2h league's FA list for the past week.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
My DL spots are filled by MadBum and Thor and I really need OF help: I'm currently starting CarGo and Puig and I'd really rather not. My other 1Bs are Encarnacion, Smoak, and Alonso; am I crazy to think about dropping Chris Davis for Aaron Hicks? OR, should I drop Thor, considering I'm 10th out of 12, he'll likely be out until long after he'd really be able to help my team, and my pitching is actually pretty strong otherwise (Kluber, Archer, Verlander, Severino, Cole, and Nelson, plus hopefully MadBum relatively soon)?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

My DL spots are filled by MadBum and Thor and I really need OF help: I'm currently starting CarGo and Puig and I'd really rather not. My other 1Bs are Encarnacion, Smoak, and Alonso; am I crazy to think about dropping Chris Davis for Aaron Hicks? OR, should I drop Thor, considering I'm 10th out of 12, he'll likely be out until long after he'd really be able to help my team, and my pitching is actually pretty strong otherwise (Kluber, Archer, Verlander, Severino, Cole, and Nelson, plus hopefully MadBum relatively soon)?

I would try to trade one of the 1B, you can easily get a starter OF for any one of them.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I don't get the attachment to Hanley. He was good because he was a shortstop who hit dingers and stole bases. Now he's a 1B who barely steals bases and maybe will hit like 25 HR. His ceiling is an average fantasy 1B.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Good bye Julio urias

I always believed in you until the end :(

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Schweinhund posted:

I don't get the attachment to Hanley. He was good because he was a shortstop who hit dingers and stole bases. Now he's a 1B who barely steals bases and maybe will hit like 25 HR. His ceiling is an average fantasy 1B.

i get it in h2h. he can singlehandedly win you weeks if you catch him in a streak. otherwise, he has a great offense around him.

other than that...blah

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hanley blows up when he's healthy.

He's not healthy.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Blake Snell is getting promoted, he was doing really well in AAA

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=605483#/career/R/pitching/2017/ALL

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
I don't understand anything about Ervin Santana's season so far.

On another note, what's this news that Michael Fulmer is pitching through shoulder bursitus? I've been offered him and Cespedes for Billy Hamilton and Alex Wood and I'm really on the fence about it, but Fulmer playing hurt would definitely tip it.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

wood is injury prone and hamilton's thumb is bothering him btw

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

I don't understand anything about Ervin Santana's season so far.

On another note, what's this news that Michael Fulmer is pitching through shoulder bursitus? I've been offered him and Cespedes for Billy Hamilton and Alex Wood and I'm really on the fence about it, but Fulmer playing hurt would definitely tip it.

According to the team it wasn't a big deal, but it is alarming. His most recent start was fantastic and the Tigers did gently caress-all to back him up, though.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
CODY BELLINGER

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
2018:

1. Judge
2. Bellinger
3. Trout
4. ???

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

goldschmidt

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I benched Haniger for Hamilton to try to chase steals and tie the category, and Haniger is the one who gets the steal :sigh:

Still won 11-2, but I'm fighting back up from being dead last through the first 5 weeks, and I'm playing the guy who is #1 in my division that I trail by 23 games at 5th overall, so every cat against him matters if I want to get that bye so that's a pain in the rear end

My optimal lineup would've been moving Healy from UT to 3rd and benching Rendon instead of Haniger but that wasn't even something I considered

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Another week another opponent cracking a minimum of 15 HRs against me :(

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Fought back to tie in one league this week. If only Odorizzi could win a game or even just throw a QS...

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

What's the situation with Delino Deshields and playing time for the Rangers? Is he going to be a regular?

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I own zero shares of Springer so I haven't really kept close tabs, but wasn't he supposed to be a threat to steal bases too? I remember reading all about his prodigious power/speed combination, but he has 0 SB this year?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I'm worried about what the Hechavarria trade is gonna mean for Beckham's playing time. My SS options are him and Baez at the moment.

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I own zero shares of Springer so I haven't really kept close tabs, but wasn't he supposed to be a threat to steal bases too? I remember reading all about his prodigious power/speed combination, but he has 0 SB this year?

Yeah, he stole 16 in 2015 and 9 in 2016, but his success rate on those 9 last year was bad (9-for-19) and apparently in ST he said he's not going to run much, which makes sense given the fact that the Astros lineup doesn't need much run manufacturing.

I got him in a Villar/Myers/K Davis for Kershaw/Springer/C Taylor trade. Who knows if he does end up trying for more bases (he's actually 0-for-3 so far this year) but the rest of his line, and his RBI/R production on that team makes up for it as far as I'm concerned.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Yeah I've been keeping Springer for 3 years now, and I'm much happier that he's not currently alternating 10/15 streaks with 3/35 weeks than I'd be with 16 steals

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Carlos Gonzalez to the DL with Not Good At Baseballitis.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Rand alPaul posted:

Carlos Gonzalez to the DL with Not Good At Baseballitis.

For some reason the second place team in my league (I'm in seventh) offered me Cano for Gonzalez straight up last week and yes I accepted it.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chief McHeath posted:

For some reason the second place team in my league (I'm in seventh) offered me Cano for Gonzalez straight up last week and yes I accepted it.

Wow who is the other team's second baseman? Cargo will eventually flip out and hit like 20 homers in a month but holy gently caress is he not worth Cano right now.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
About three starts into his hot streak, I offered Robbie Ray for CarGo. I figured they were both due for some statistical correction.

They weren't.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Rand alPaul posted:

Wow who is the other team's second baseman? Cargo will eventually flip out and hit like 20 homers in a month but holy gently caress is he not worth Cano right now.

Kinsler and Happ :shrug:

And this isn't some dumb league either, we're in our 9th year and still have 8 of the original 10 teams (now at 12 teams). He's one of the originals too.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Im still trying to buy low on cargo

Gonna make another offer now. Problem is the guy who has him traded me Adam Jones for nothing last year before he woke up and stupidly dropped ozuna this year week 2 who i picked up :v:

He tends to give up fast on guys

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Is it safe to drop Kyle Schwarber in Yahoo, where he is a catcher? Still has lots of upside, and he was playable at C in a 12-teamer even while hitting below the Mendoza line. But will he play every day when he comes back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The Pussy Boss posted:

Is it safe to drop Kyle Schwarber in Yahoo, where he is a catcher? Still has lots of upside, and he was playable at C in a 12-teamer even while hitting below the Mendoza line. But will he play every day when he comes back?

I think that strongly depends on:

1) Who your other catchers are
2) What catchers are available if you only have one

In my Yahoo league Mike Zunino is the highest rated catcher on waivers. Thankfully, I have Gary Sanchez and Ty Flowers.

• Locked thread