Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tirux
Apr 28, 2010

The wolf is at your door.

Kelp Plankton posted:

There's currently a memory leak issue. Devs are working on it. Just have to restart the game every 3 or 4 matches to avoid the crash.

Thanks for the info, will do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Tirux posted:

Anyone knows how to prevent or what causes the UE4-SummerCamp Game .exe crash a lot? This is getting bothersome, had like 12 crashes this weekend.

Nope. Release day bug.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So I've learned a new rear end in a top hat strat that I'm going to have to deploy next time around.

It might be hilarious

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Danaru posted:

Some dude who made a NES F13 remix of the cabin theme updated his remix and made it longer and it's rad so I figured I'd share it

Good stuff, this game creeped me out as a kid.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Tinfoil Papercut

Description
Tinfoil Papercut is one of America's most prolific Goon killers currently active today. With a kill ratio matching that of inactive serial killer SDuster, the sight of Tinfoil claiming the mantle of Mr. Voorhees can be a harrowing experience.

Tinfoil is well versed in various Jasons - however predominantly plays Jason VIII. Jason III and Savini Jason are also not an uncommon loadout.

Playstyle
Tinfoil will very rarely go "off script" as Jason. He will not communicate at all, any attempts to reason, bargain, ally with, or taunt will fall flat and solicit no response. Tinfoil gives no deference for environmental kills or grab kills, and will only put marginal effort into achieving unique kills for each counselor. LMB kills, throwing knife kills, or a simple and lame toss through a window are all on the table.

Preferring Jason VIII, Tinfoil will utilize the water for rapid movement around the map to patrol and check on objectives. This tactic is employed to devastating effect on the Higgins Haven map, where many objectives are close to navigable water. Packanack Lodge, being the least water-centric with two separate bodies of water, will be the weakest map for Tinfoil. Any objective near water should be considered extremely high-risk. There have been 0 confirmed boat escapes when Tinfoil is using Jason VIII. (There have been a couple when Tinfoil is Jason III or Savini)

Tinfoil can and will apply an immense amount of pressure early and mid game to counselors hiding in cabins, especially those near objectives, utilizing Jason VIII's fast destruction ability.

Tinfoil is acutely aware of the counselor skill levels, and will pressure high-value targets, although will take kill opportunities as they present themselves. Tinfoil will break off pursuit in order to deny objectives to other counselors. "Tunnel vision" on a particular counselor is rare, especially in early game.

Objective Priority and Timing
Heavily objective-based, he will rarely move to any area of the map which does not have a vehicle or phone except to chase down the last few counselors mid/late game. Tinfoil is very protective of the phone, prioritizing it over all other objectives save for a moving vehicle. The phone priority will drop significantly for Tinfoil around the 10:00 remaining mark.

Tinfoil will invariably begin by morphing and trapping the phone box with multiple traps, and then proceed to destroy the adjacent cabin until the 2nd morph is active. If a counselor is near the phone, they will be pursued as a priority. He will likely then move to the blue 4-door vehicle, and begin applying pressure to any nearby counselors.

Tinfoil will turn off generators when he is not inactive pursuit to elevate fear levels and compensate for Jason VIII's weaker sense.

No consideration is given to stopping a Tommy Jarvis call.

Survival Tips
  • Tinfoil can be impacted heavily by the map selection and objective placement therein. A Packanack Lodge map with two cars, for example, will be a much greater chance at survival than a Higgin's Haven boat map with the one car near water.

• The two-door car is given only minor consideration, it is your best chance at survival.

• Stealthy characters can ghost on Tinfoil, use them to repair vehicles.

• Tinfoil will generally leave all traps at the phone, leaving no ambiguity as to when the phone is being messed with. Setting off a trap near the phone WILL draw Tinfoil 100% of the time early game. Tinfoil will heavily de-prioritize the phone depending on the number of counselors remaining, how far progressed the car repair is, and the time remaining on the map. As such, attempting a car repair is best coordinated with someone drawing Tinfoil to the phone.

• If the two-door or four-door car has been repaired, Tinfoil will be drawn to (and is likely to) stop it. This is the best and perhaps only opportunity to get a police call accomplished. The other vehicle can also be repaired, although the cabin pressure which Tinfoil applied early game likely will mean one or more components has not been located or retrieved.

• Keep your eyes on the water at all times and try the boat at your own peril.

• Clusterfucks at a crashed vehicle have never been fruitful, this is good advice against most Jasons.

• Tinfoil will begin stalk-morph-shift-grabbing once stalk is active, and gets many unsuspecting and otherwise very skilled counselors in this fashion. Don't stop moving.

• Use the slow walking speed of Jason VIII against Tinfoil, carry some med sprays and hop through broken windows. Again, Tinfoil is heavily objective based and if you do not present an easy target, he will move to higher priority areas and counselors.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

lmao

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
there were quite a few newbies this weekend who didn't know proper counselor play: sticking together very close, stunning him when he's grabbed someone, terrible cabin searching, not communicating part discovery, etc so it was pretty easy pickins for jasons, I think we got maybe one proper jason kill

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

This the PS4 and/or Xbone alignment write up?

Also tinfoil, excellent write up

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Burk

Description
Perhaps the Goon-iest of Jasons, Burk always means two things: a fun game and ridiculousness.

Burk tends to favor Jason VII. Nobody knows why, likely not even Burk. Probably because he has a big chain and looks cool.

Playstyle
Burk is constantly engaging counselors as Jason. You can chat, reason with, bargain with, crack jokes with, hang out with, and even kill with Burk. There is no limit to what can and cannot happen with Burk as your Jason.

Burk's primary objective is to have a fun time, or even a goon time. He may try to chase you, likely scolding you any time you repair an objective. Or he might pick an objective and swear bloody vengeance against anyone who touches it. Or not, who knows.

Burk morphs around the map at seemingly random intervals and locations, looking for someone to chat with and seemingly unconcerned with some objectives. Sometimes Burk just wants to play hide and seek, that can be fun too. Burk will often seek out specific counselors to kill or to tag along with, depending on what has occurred in other unrelated matches.

None known, he gets protective about "his phone," but only sometimes.

Survival Tips
  • Chat with Burk and try to find his motivation. If you can help him achieve his goals, he will very likely let you go.

• Not following Burks orders very specifically may result in him turning on you, Burk is very fickle.

• Burk is highly susceptible to melee attacks and kill attempts.

• Burk may have requested another counselor to help kill you, be on the lookout for betrayals.

• Use Jason's VII's low mobility against Burk by escaping in the car as a priority.

• When ridiculous things begin to happen, just sit back and watch the fun.

Tinfoil Papercut fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 26, 2017

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

quote:

A GLISTENING HODOR

Description
It's ch ch ch ah ah ah

Playstyle
Kills everyone with Jason 7

Objective Priority
Kill for mommy

Survival Tips
  • Rage quit

Did I do this right?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Happy to hear that the devs are still getting harassed by angry, whiny babies on social media who are mad about Savini Jason. As long as the salt train rides on I'll never switch off Savini.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I kind of want to try being Union Boss Jason: Grab counselors trying to repair things and demand to know if they's in the union.

:v: "No?"

"NO SCABS"

:murder:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

redneck nazgul posted:

I kind of want to try being Union Boss Jason: Grab counselors trying to repair things and demand to know if they's in the union.

:v: "No?"

"NO SCABS"

:murder:

Only way that works is if there's a secret counselor who IS considered a union member, and if you find that one particular counselor repairing something you have to let them do it. Flannel shirt guy would be perfect.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Did I do this right?

Good enough for you guys that play on a 5 year old PC repackaged into a pretty box sold at a markup and hooks up to your TV or w/e.

Edit: How can you kill everyone with Jason 7? Maybe it's my playstyle, but the slow shift kills my killing.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Burk

Description
Perhaps the Goon-iest of Jasons, Burk always means two things: a fun game and ridiculousness.

Burk tends to favor Jason VII. Nobody knows why, likely not even Burk. Probably because he has a big chain and looks cool.

Playstyle
Burk is constantly engaging counselors as Jason. You can chat, reason with, bargain with, crack jokes with, hang out with, and even kill with Burk. There is no limit to what can and cannot happen with Burk as your Jason.

Burk's primary objective is to have a fun time, or even a goon time. He may try to chase you, likely scolding you any time you repair an objective. Or he might pick an objective and swear bloody vengeance against anyone who touches it. Or not, who knows.

Burk morphs around the map at seemingly random intervals and locations, looking for someone to chat with and seemingly unconcerned with some objectives. Sometimes Burk just wants to play hide and seek, that can be fun too. Burk will often seek out specific counselors to kill or to tag along with, depending on what has occurred in other unrelated matches.

None known, he gets protective about "his phone," but only sometimes.

Survival Tips
  • Chat with Burk and try to find his motivation. If you can help him achieve his goals, he will very likely let you go.

• Not following Burks orders very specifically may result in him turning on you, Burk is very fickle.

• Burk is highly susceptible to melee attacks and kill attempts.

• Burk may have requested another counselor to help kill you, be on the lookout for betrayals.

• Use Jason's VII's low mobility against Burk by escaping in the car as a priority.

• When ridiculous things begin to happen, just sit back and watch the fun.

Look the only thing I ask is that you people don't run up my phone bill.

I'm the one who has to pay for it goddamnit. We could just have a nice game of hide and go seek but no, some rear end in a top hat has to keep touching my poo poo.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I guess I am Chaotic Good on that chart.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

How can you kill everyone with Jason 7? Maybe it's my playstyle, but the slow shift kills my killing.

Because 7 has the FASTEST shift and no one can hide.

7 is basically playing Jason on ultra-easy mode.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:
If Tinfoil is Jason and I'm playing AJ, I never engage objectives other than calling the cops

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Because 7 has the FASTEST shift and no one can hide.

7 is basically playing Jason on ultra-easy mode.

What? 7 and 2 have the slowest shifts.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

This is the most pathetic thing I've seen on these forums in a long time lol

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Good enough for you guys that play on a 5 year old PC repackaged into a pretty box sold at a markup and hooks up to your TV or w/e.

Edit: How can you kill everyone with Jason 7? Maybe it's my playstyle, but the slow shift kills my killing.

Wait no I just read this and hahahahahahaha

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Worse than that dude who posted about CPS visiting his house looking for sympathy but then it turned out he was totally neglecting his kids and was a complete poo poo for brains?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Basebf555 posted:

Worse than that dude who posted about CPS visiting his house looking for sympathy but then it turned out he was totally neglecting his kids and was a complete poo poo for brains?

by "a long time" i meant like a year or something I don't know this is not an exact science

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

WoodrowSkillson posted:

by "a long time" i meant like a year or something I don't know this is not an exact science

How many years ago was that whole hot dog stand fiasco?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Basebf555 posted:

hot dog stand fiasco

:yikes:

But seriously, the devs seem to hate Xbox users for some reason.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Worse than almost every Aatrek post?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Skoll posted:

Worse than almost every Aatrek post?

fine, the criminal minds profile is not as bad a child molester, you got me

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

WoodrowSkillson posted:

fine, the criminal minds profile is not as bad a child molester, you got me

But pretty close.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

The Criminal Minds poo poo reminds me of kids in high school that went by their D & D names with each other. loving calm down a little, it's just a game nerds.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It would probably be annoying in a faster moving thread but I don't really see the harm. One of the things that the relatively small playerbase is doing is fostering a sense of community that you don't necessarily get in other games. It's dorky as hell but the thread could be doing a lot worse.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I didn't think it would be so controversial, sorry everyone. I do like criminal minds tho.

Especially JJ :gizz:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh no we're making funny self referential things in a funny self referential video game thread.

WHere we end up going Kii Kii Kii Ma Ma Ma every few pages.

How horrible. Tinfoil, you keep doing you man, I think they're great

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Burkion posted:

Oh no we're making funny self referential things in a funny self referential video game thread.

WHere we end up going Kii Kii Kii Ma Ma Ma every few pages.

How horrible. Tinfoil, you keep doing you man, I think they're great

Don't be my hero, Burk. We all know you instantly die as Tommy.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Don't be my hero, Burk. We all know you instantly die as Tommy.

That is 90% your fault

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Burkion posted:

That is 90% your fault

I prophesied one time, based off of like 7 other times it happened.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I will take any advantage I can get over Tinfoil personally.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
my reactions to things in this thread:

hairy nutt sakk

that is all

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Coolguye posted:

my reactions to things in this thread:

hairy nutt sakk

that is all

slam that :five: boys

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Tinfoil Papercut

Description
Tinfoil Papercut is one of America's most prolific Goon killers currently active today. With a kill ratio matching that of inactive serial killer SDuster, the sight of Tinfoil claiming the mantle of Mr. Voorhees can be a harrowing experience.

Tinfoil is well versed in various Jasons - however predominantly plays Jason VIII. Jason III and Savini Jason are also not an uncommon loadout.

Playstyle
Tinfoil will very rarely go "off script" as Jason. He will not communicate at all, any attempts to reason, bargain, ally with, or taunt will fall flat and solicit no response. Tinfoil gives no deference for environmental kills or grab kills, and will only put marginal effort into achieving unique kills for each counselor. LMB kills, throwing knife kills, or a simple and lame toss through a window are all on the table.

Preferring Jason VIII, Tinfoil will utilize the water for rapid movement around the map to patrol and check on objectives. This tactic is employed to devastating effect on the Higgins Haven map, where many objectives are close to navigable water. Packanack Lodge, being the least water-centric with two separate bodies of water, will be the weakest map for Tinfoil. Any objective near water should be considered extremely high-risk. There have been 0 confirmed boat escapes when Tinfoil is using Jason VIII. (There have been a couple when Tinfoil is Jason III or Savini)

Tinfoil can and will apply an immense amount of pressure early and mid game to counselors hiding in cabins, especially those near objectives, utilizing Jason VIII's fast destruction ability.

Tinfoil is acutely aware of the counselor skill levels, and will pressure high-value targets, although will take kill opportunities as they present themselves. Tinfoil will break off pursuit in order to deny objectives to other counselors. "Tunnel vision" on a particular counselor is rare, especially in early game.

Heavily objective-based, he will rarely move to any area of the map which does not have a vehicle or phone except to chase down the last few counselors mid/late game. Tinfoil is very protective of the phone, prioritizing it over all other objectives save for a moving vehicle. The phone priority will drop significantly for Tinfoil around the 10:00 remaining mark.

Tinfoil will invariably begin by morphing and trapping the phone box with multiple traps, and then proceed to destroy the adjacent cabin until the 2nd morph is active. If a counselor is near the phone, they will be pursued as a priority. He will likely then move to the blue 4-door vehicle, and begin applying pressure to any nearby counselors.

Tinfoil will turn off generators when he is not inactive pursuit to elevate fear levels and compensate for Jason VIII's weaker sense.

No consideration is given to stopping a Tommy Jarvis call.

Survival Tips
  • Tinfoil can be impacted heavily by the map selection and objective placement therein. A Packanack Lodge map with two cars, for example, will be a much greater chance at survival than a Higgin's Haven boat map with the one car near water.

• The two-door car is given only minor consideration, it is your best chance at survival.

• Stealthy characters can ghost on Tinfoil, use them to repair vehicles.

• Tinfoil will generally leave all traps at the phone, leaving no ambiguity as to when the phone is being messed with. Setting off a trap near the phone WILL draw Tinfoil 100% of the time early game. Tinfoil will heavily de-prioritize the phone depending on the number of counselors remaining, how far progressed the car repair is, and the time remaining on the map. As such, attempting a car repair is best coordinated with someone drawing Tinfoil to the phone.

• If the two-door or four-door car has been repaired, Tinfoil will be drawn to (and is likely to) stop it. This is the best and perhaps only opportunity to get a police call accomplished. The other vehicle can also be repaired, although the cabin pressure which Tinfoil applied early game likely will mean one or more components has not been located or retrieved.

• Keep your eyes on the water at all times and try the boat at your own peril.

• Clusterfucks at a crashed vehicle have never been fruitful, this is good advice against most Jasons.

• Tinfoil will begin stalk-morph-shift-grabbing once stalk is active, and gets many unsuspecting and otherwise very skilled counselors in this fashion. Don't stop moving.

• Use the slow walking speed of Jason VIII against Tinfoil, carry some med sprays and hop through broken windows. Again, Tinfoil is heavily objective based and if you do not present an easy target, he will move to higher priority areas and counselors.

did you actually write a gameFAQs guide on how to defeat yourself in a video game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

a cock shaped fruit posted:

did you actually write a gameFAQs guide on how to defeat yourself in a video game

It's necessary. Have you experienced my Jason?

Also hopefully people could get some tips on playing Jason, maybe?

• Locked thread