Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

panascope posted:

Should've been blacked.com

Salamanders are the black marines, those are Dark Angels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Guys, stop being gross.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

mango sentinel posted:

Guys, stop being gross.

I don't know, being gross is half the reason they play warhams after all.

But yeah.

My main thing to take away from that picture is that the joints between the arms of the marines makes it look like they've got a second set of elbows.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

evilmiera posted:

I don't know, being gross is half the reason they play warhams after all.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

This is old man. Make a more permanent invite so I can shitpost about hobby games with other assholes who actually aren't a bunch of snowflake types.

Also not really shitposting but I did a bit of a bloggy thing about 8th ed and the game I got to play of it if people wanna laugh at my ineptitude or bad rules readings:
http://wargamedork.blogspot.com/2017/06/so-i-am-playing-8th-edition-warhammer.html I have nearly 4000 points of Eldar. In fact depending on Heavy Support and HQ allotments I DO. But not quite enough to legally build. (Also there is a local store running a tourney. They are charging an entry fee AND using Power Level for a tourney. WTF? This is dumb.)

vvvv You don't want to know. I am still not sure if I wish to laugh or facepalm. Kind of like current US Politics only its about tiny plastic toy mans so it doesn't really matter. Or at least shouldn't matter. vvvv

Captain Rufus fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jun 26, 2017

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Captain Rufus posted:

...so I can shitpost about hobby games with other assholes who actually aren't a bunch of snowflake types.

:allears: Go on..

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
But we are all pretty pretty snowflakes here. :confused:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Captain Rufus posted:

This is old man. Make a more permanent invite so I can shitpost about hobby games with other assholes who actually aren't a bunch of snowflake types.

Also not really shitposting but I did a bit of a bloggy thing about 8th ed and the game I got to play of it if people wanna laugh at my ineptitude or bad rules readings:
http://wargamedork.blogspot.com/2017/06/so-i-am-playing-8th-edition-warhammer.html I have nearly 4000 points of Eldar. In fact depending on Heavy Support and HQ allotments I DO. But not quite enough to legally build. (Also there is a local store running a tourney. They are charging an entry fee AND using Power Level for a tourney. WTF? This is dumb.)

vvvv You don't want to know. I am still not sure if I wish to laugh or facepalm. Kind of like current US Politics only its about tiny plastic toy mans so it doesn't really matter. Or at least shouldn't matter. vvvv

https://discord.gg/VG5sdU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Age of Bigmar is good.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

i want to watch them fucc

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

here's a permanent discord link that i made before i saw moola did one

https://discord.gg/gWWfezf

use my link it's way better

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

panascope posted:

Age of Bigmar is good.

nah

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Sorry if this has been asked before, but why in Papa Nurgle's name does a Lord of Contagion (with his compulsory Plaguereaper) cost more points than Typhus, who is basically the same character with a better weapon and some neat special rules?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Son, did you just serious post in this here death thread...

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Galaspar posted:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but why in Papa Nurgle's name does a Lord of Contagion (with his compulsory Plaguereaper) cost more points than Typhus, who is basically the same character with a better weapon and some neat special rules?

Yes but how many skulls does each of them have?

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
This is the Death Thread? poo poo, I'm out of the loop. Still, my question stands. What's up with that?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Galaspar posted:

This is the Death Thread? poo poo, I'm out of the loop. Still, my question stands. What's up with that?

There's an answer. A good answer. But you might not like it.

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer
When was the original death thread and when it predicted GW to shut?
Part of me wants to say 2012-13~

What happened to Broken Loose?
/goes back to lurking

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
this isnt the death thread this is the chill thread

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer
But the death thread is dead now. So surely shitposting here is close enough?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
im the death thread

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Soggy Chips posted:

When was the original death thread and when it predicted GW to shut?
Part of me wants to say 2012-13~

What happened to Broken Loose?
/goes back to lurking

January 20th, 2014 (archives required).

Essentially all of the predictions made that predicted GW failure have already passed by. A few of us predicted GW would not fail, but we were a tiny minority.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I think if they hadn't got rid of Kirby and made the huge turnaround that they did, we'd be in a very different place. They're doing well.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
who cares?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
There's an active Death Thread, but it's more about discussing the industry in general and doesn't predict the death of GW any more.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Atlas Hugged posted:

There's an active Death Thread, but it's more about discussing the industry in general and doesn't predict the death of GW any more.

Yeah "death thread" is a TG slang word that really just means "in this thread you can discuss GW without having to be constantly engaging for multiple pages with GW's ardent defenders." Unfortunately that idea has been thoroughly dispelled in recent months; there is no way to create and maintain such a space. Goodby, death thread.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah "death thread" is a TG slang word that really just means "in this thread you can discuss GW without having to be constantly engaging for multiple pages with GW's ardent defenders." Unfortunately that idea has been thoroughly dispelled in recent months; there is no way to create and maintain such a space. Goodby, death thread.

Eh we've done ok since we reopened it.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
All threads are death threads, friend. I mean this one was started by a talking skeleton, hard to get deader than that.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Yeah, the Death Thread seems to have split into Serious Industry Critical Hard Talk and Tradgames General Chat, with the last thread kinda just slowly dying after.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The problem with the death thread was absoultely on both sides of the argument and its telling that noone can admit that still.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.
I thought this was the undead thread.

Spooky marines only plz

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

Spooky marines only plz

That is a pretty cool dude.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Spooky marines only plz

I like this guys moxie

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Galaspar posted:

points were an afterthought

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Atlas Hugged posted:

Eh we've done ok since we reopened it.

hah I didn't even notice, I'd de-bookmarked it when it closed.

TTerrible posted:

The problem with the death thread was absoultely on both sides of the argument and its telling that noone can admit that still.

nah

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
:allears:

The death thread became self parody. The chill thread is much better.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I have a treat for y'all. My Chapter's internal communications regarding the Bigly marines have been leaked.

For the record: Ot Neba are a chapter of highly secretive and manipulative tactical sperg lords. Because they like to "encourage" nearby forces to supplement them or take the brunt of large offensives and focus their own efforts on overwhelming force against strategic objectives they are close to full strength. They were sent a large number of Primaris marines and tech that they had absolutely no idea was coming. Their outlook on the pros and cons of this development and a few suggested implementations are below:

Ot Neba Internal records posted:

(Notes from Chapter Master in <> format)

Cons:
  • The techmarines are losing their poo poo re: tech heresy to the point of borderline mutiny
  • The only reason they are being foisted on us is because that berk Roboute thought it was a good idea.
  • <THEY CAN'T BE TRUSTED.>
  • Vat grown "super soldiers" without individual experience reacting to the confusion of war goes against the fundamentals of our ideology
Pros:
  • Interesting tactical implementations
  • They could potentially be trusted if <THEY CAN'T BE TRUSTED>
  • Lack of individual experience makes them highly expendable.

Potential implementation strategies:

Option one:
General Integration
<No.>
Abandoned outright shortly after the former captain of the 6th company initiated discussions.

Option two:
Banya
1.) Under highest possible secrecy orbit a star, with star to port of ships.
2.) Mobilize all forces and brief on a fictional large-scale conflict.
3.) Load all members of chapter in drop pods on starboard side and all Primaris marines in drop pods on port.
4.) Fire port side drop pods.
5.) Demobilize and debrief chapter.
This was the favored integration method until late into preparation, when the plot was overheard by a ranking Primaris Marine. The captain of the second company had to play the whole thing off as a joke. <I was also troubled by the loss of 23.6% of our drop pods>

Option three:
"General Integration"
1.) Form Primaris Marines into a 12th company, separate but equal to the other companies.
2.) Primaris Marines will be given special quarters broken up into small enclaves in low-traffic bowels of ship, where their privacy will be respected. <note: cameras must be well hidden>
3.) The Primaris Marines will be given the opportunity to develop tactical experience by spearheading high risk operations. They will be supported by members of the chapter only once they have secured a beachhead <seems promising for diversions as well>
4.)Once headcount has been reduced to a manageable size integration within the companies can be explored <No.>
This was the implementation decided upon and has been successful to date. This implementation features many perks. Those perks include 31% attrition in the new ranks, 12% fewer casualties among members of the chapter than anticipated, increased morale among the chapter and many interesting records of conflict to learn from. Remaining Primaris marines have a wealth of new practical experience that makes them less of an offensive parody of the founding tenets of the chapter.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jun 27, 2017

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

TTerrible posted:

:allears:

The death thread became self parody. The chill thread is much better.

The old death thread WAS the chill thread but this is fine. Death thread prediction: Moola still won't finish his skull boy by December 2018.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Spooky marines only plz

Extremely triggering having all those beautiful bones covered up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Looks like an Iron Maiden poster escapee, in a good way.

• Locked thread