Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Awesome! posted:

wouldnt the guy have the key card on him?

You would think, but no. One of the weird things about that game is characters that should definitely have keycards (cleaning staff at a hotel for example) have nothing on them. Generally there's a few specific places to find a card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Palpek posted:

Fallout 4 or Mass Effect:Andromeda *he asked himself trying to figure out which pile of poo poo smells less* mmm, decisions decisions.

I ended up with an origin key for Andromeda if you wanna figure out a trade of equal..."value?" Cryomancer on steam, we're already friends.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Cowcaster posted:

reports were coming out a couple of weeks ago that the branch of bioware responsible for andromeda had been downsized and any future mass effect projects put on hold so aside from token dlcs being put out for the multiplayer it's looking unlikely

I haven't followed anything about ME since 3 and only looked at hilarious ME:A .gifs, but I was pretty much under the impression that Bioware was largely gutted even prior to Andromeda and mostly brought in lot of inexperienced fresh blood to make it. I guess now even the remnants have been laid off?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Lakbay posted:

Not interested in the giveaway but do you have a Steam Curator page or something? I'm pretty much just stalking your posts for indie gems in this thread at this point
i stopped updating the steam curator page years ago although i do have a game playthrough channel but I play both good and mediocre games on it (while talking over it). it mostly exists to motivate me to beat my games. there's around 140 game playthroughs on there now

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Xaris posted:

I haven't followed anything about ME since 3 and only looked at hilarious ME:A .gifs, but I was pretty much under the impression that Bioware was largely gutted even prior to Andromeda and mostly brought in lot of inexperienced fresh blood to make it. I guess now even the remnants have been laid off?

there were two bioware studios: montreal (I think) that was the main, large studio that's currently working on their next major title Anthem, and edmonton which was a small branch that worked mainly on mass effect 3 multiplayer before they were tasked with making andromeda.

edit: got the locations swapped, edmonton is the main studio, montreal is the backup. normally I lump kotaku in with buzzfeed style journalism but they actually have a decent post mortem article about it http://kotaku.com/the-story-behind-mass-effect-andromedas-troubled-five-1795886428

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jun 26, 2017

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Xaris posted:

Andromeda was done by the Montreal division, who had been working on ME-related stuff since ME2, including ME3's multiplayer and two single-player DLCs, Arrival and Omega: http://blog.bioware.com/2012/11/12/an-update-from-bioware-montreal/

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

After all this post apocalypse talk, can someone recommend a few post apocalypse games? I've played all the fallouts up to New Vegas. I haven't played FO4. Genre doesn't matter much as I'm eyeing Caves of Qud for my post apoc game this sale.

I haven't played any of the wastelands. Are they worth it?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Gameko posted:

After all this post apocalypse talk, can someone recommend a few post apocalypse games? I've played all the fallouts up to New Vegas. I haven't played FO4. Genre doesn't matter much as I'm eyeing Caves of Qud for my post apoc game this sale.

Mad Max? It's really cheap right now and is pretty good.

Nuclear Throne for joke answer.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Gameko posted:

The Walking Dead season 1.
Primordia.
The Silent Age.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Quest For Glory II posted:

i stopped updating the steam curator page years ago although i do have a game playthrough channel but I play both good and mediocre games on it (while talking over it). it mostly exists to motivate me to beat my games. there's around 140 game playthroughs on there now

Thanks! This will help drain my wallet and bloat my backlog

With all the fallout talk I'm going to suggested WASTED again: http://store.steampowered.com/app/327510/WASTED/

If you liked exploring FO3/4 vaults you'll probably like that

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The only controls issues that I've had with Hollow Knight is trying to jump when coming out of a Focus recovery. It's probably as intended, but it's still mildly annoying when fighting bosses and I'm trying not to die.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

monster on a stick posted:

Primordia.
The Silent Age.

Anyone play Walking Dead season 3. 1 was great, 2 was... not great.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Gameko posted:

Metro 2033/Last Light bundle.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Gameko posted:

STALKER is amazing and fits the setting even though the whole world isn't destroyed or anything, just the area around Chernobyl. My favorite thing about it is I remember the devs actually used maps of Pripyat/the Chernobyl area and took a visit to make sure they were geographically accurate.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

GigaPeon posted:

I watched a stream of episode 1 and it was terrible. It was also really short, like about an hour to finish.

It was better than Batman at least.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

GigaPeon posted:

I like 3 more than 2 largely because A) Javi is a cool guy to play as and B) It knows what its theme is and sticks to it pretty rigorously.

1 is still far and away the best though.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jun 26, 2017

nerox
May 20, 2001
Got an email from Green man Gaming giving 40% off one of their loot boxes.

I bought a 30 pack for $10.79 and got 29 things I have never heard of and Battlefield 1 on Origin.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Shrouded in Sanity and Magic Wand piqued my interest on reddit's hidden gem list. They're dirt cheap but I just wanted to make sure neither of them is in the "you have to pay me to play this" level of bad

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Anyone played Get Even?

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

spider wisdom posted:

Bought and returned Interstellar Rift and Osiris: New Dawn.

Rift is really cool and spergworthy but ran badly on my recently updated machine. I'll keep tabs on it as development continues.

I've had interstellar rift on my wishlist for some time now. I want to try it but I know I should wait.

My question: Have they added enough into American truck sim? It's 10 bucks and while i have only played euro2 for 30 hours, the idea of driving on the correct side of the road is appealing.

strategery fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jun 26, 2017

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

I'm surprised to see so many people picking up TW: Warhammer when the sequel is coming out in just 3 months.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

strategery posted:

I've had interstellar rift on my wishlist for some time now. I want to try it but I know I should wait.

My question: Have they added enough into American truck sim? It's 10 bucks and while i have only played euro2 for 30 hours, the idea of driving on the correct side of the road is appealing.

Have you been driving in the UK? Get out of there and back to Germany, you'll have all of the driving on the right side of the road you want!

8th Line
Aug 1, 2016

LLSix posted:

I'm surprised to see so many people picking up TW: Warhammer when the sequel is coming out in just 3 months.

the three warhammer games will merge into one mega campaign iirc

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Anyone have recommendations for fun online-multiplayer games that aren't too graphics intensive? I built my PC back in 2011 and it wasn't cutting edge then, so it doesn't run anything new that pushes graphics. II've got a couple of friends that, if we find a good game, I'd like to get it for myself and them so we can all play together.

And yeah I'm going to build a new PC, hopefully later this year, but right now this is what I've got.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

rocket league

Firelizard
Oct 11, 2013
Looking for some good, goon recommended point and click/adventure games.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Firelizard posted:

The telltale games are ok. There's also a Lucasarts adventure pack on sale, it has some of the old classic monkey island type games for Indiana Jones and the dig.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jun 27, 2017

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Gameko posted:

Neo Scavenger
This War of Mine (not post-apoc per se but a very close feel)
Convoy

monster on a stick posted:

Primordia.
The Silent Age.
Also Shardlight.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jun 27, 2017

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Firelizard posted:

The Last Door, Fran Bow, Oxenfree, Primordia, Technobabylon, The Dream Machine, Machinarium, The Sea Will Claim Everything, Black Mirror, Dropsy

I wrote long-rear end reviews of all of them over here if you don't mind sifting through the list. Probably some more stuff too that I'm not remembering.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

PantsBandit posted:

Mad Max? It's really cheap right now and is pretty good.

It is a great game, and I have an extra copy in my inventory. If anyone is planning on buying it, I'd trade it, if someone wanted to buy me Domina, which would save them $3.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

8th Line posted:

the three warhammer games will merge into one mega campaign iirc

What's the third game?

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Awesome! posted:

rocket league
Not from 2011. I actually have two newer computers it runs incredibly poorly on that can play games like Dishonored or Dark Souls well. Part of the reason is that they actually upgraded some of their materials/textures to the new Unreal Engine version I believe awhile ago (and is why the potato guides don't work nearly as well anymore).

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

TotalHell posted:

Anyone have recommendations for fun online-multiplayer games that aren't too graphics intensive? I built my PC back in 2011 and it wasn't cutting edge then, so it doesn't run anything new that pushes graphics. II've got a couple of friends that, if we find a good game, I'd like to get it for myself and them so we can all play together.

And yeah I'm going to build a new PC, hopefully later this year, but right now this is what I've got.

Don't Starve Together
Terraria
Diablo 2 (2 is much less graphics intensive than 3 but 3 is also good)
most ARPGs should be fine, Path of Exile is free
Seconding Rocket league if you like sports games.
Endless Legends is a good introduction to strategy games and a 2011 graphics card should handle it fine.

Stardew Valley will have multiplayer "soon" if you like harvest moon style games.

I can probably think of a few more if there's a particular genre you're are looking for.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Just Cause 3 worth $13? I bought it when it released but ended up refunding it because of the always online stuff crashing constantly and generally seeming pretty meh overall. Have they changed/fixed any of the buggy always online bullshit?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

LLSix posted:

What's the third game?

Total War: Warhammer: Part 3 or something

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

explosivo posted:

Just Cause 3 worth $13? I bought it when it released but ended up refunding it because of the always online stuff crashing constantly and generally seeming pretty meh overall. Have they changed/fixed any of the buggy always online bullshit?

The performance is largely hit and miss it seems. I bought a new graphics card recently and went back to see if it improved performance but JC3 still runs like absolute horse-poo poo. That isn't everyone's experience though.

I'd say check it out, if the performance is garbage get a refund.

In terms of gameplay it's Just Cause 2 only slighter prettier and with a wingsuit. Also about a billion activities that get insanely repetitive, but they're thankfully optional.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK

KO Derf posted:

You know you just leave behind a shadow of yourself where you died. You just run up to it, hit it once, and get all of your currency back.
Ya it still grinds my nerves for some reason.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
So far I have

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (My IRL gamer friends are all playing this so I kinda have to buy)

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and The New Order

Dead Cells and Hollow Knight (getting on GOG since it's the same price, or a bit less)

Her Story and Portal 2 (both games are extremely cheap and on my wishlist)

This 'first season' is the good new Hitman, right ?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

ZZZorcerer posted:

So far I have

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (My IRL gamer friends are all playing this so I kinda have to buy)

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and The New Order

Dead Cells and Hollow Knight (getting on GOG since it's the same price, or a bit less)

Her Story and Portal 2 (both games are extremely cheap and on my wishlist)

This 'first season' is the good new Hitman, right ?

Yup! The best Hitman game since Blood Money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

What are some good RPGs on sale? Like, if I wanted to replay Final Fantasy VIII and IX.

e: Preferably with either english voices or text-only.

Is Haven Moon bad? I liked Myst...

• Locked thread