Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

All these people roleplaying as Chad while they rip on Tinfoil and Burk. The irony is palpable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Tinfoil Papercut

Description
Tinfoil Papercut is one of America's most prolific Goon killers currently active today. With a kill ratio matching that of inactive serial killer SDuster, the sight of Tinfoil claiming the mantle of Mr. Voorhees can be a harrowing experience.

Tinfoil is well versed in various Jasons - however predominantly plays Jason VIII. Jason III and Savini Jason are also not an uncommon loadout.

Playstyle
Tinfoil will very rarely go "off script" as Jason. He will not communicate at all, any attempts to reason, bargain, ally with, or taunt will fall flat and solicit no response. Tinfoil gives no deference for environmental kills or grab kills, and will only put marginal effort into achieving unique kills for each counselor. LMB kills, throwing knife kills, or a simple and lame toss through a window are all on the table.

Preferring Jason VIII, Tinfoil will utilize the water for rapid movement around the map to patrol and check on objectives. This tactic is employed to devastating effect on the Higgins Haven map, where many objectives are close to navigable water. Packanack Lodge, being the least water-centric with two separate bodies of water, will be the weakest map for Tinfoil. Any objective near water should be considered extremely high-risk. There have been 0 confirmed boat escapes when Tinfoil is using Jason VIII. (There have been a couple when Tinfoil is Jason III or Savini)

Tinfoil can and will apply an immense amount of pressure early and mid game to counselors hiding in cabins, especially those near objectives, utilizing Jason VIII's fast destruction ability.

Tinfoil is acutely aware of the counselor skill levels, and will pressure high-value targets, although will take kill opportunities as they present themselves. Tinfoil will break off pursuit in order to deny objectives to other counselors. "Tunnel vision" on a particular counselor is rare, especially in early game.

Objective Priority and Timing
Heavily objective-based, he will rarely move to any area of the map which does not have a vehicle or phone except to chase down the last few counselors mid/late game. Tinfoil is very protective of the phone, prioritizing it over all other objectives save for a moving vehicle. The phone priority will drop significantly for Tinfoil around the 10:00 remaining mark.

Tinfoil will invariably begin by morphing and trapping the phone box with multiple traps, and then proceed to destroy the adjacent cabin until the 2nd morph is active. If a counselor is near the phone, they will be pursued as a priority. He will likely then move to the blue 4-door vehicle, and begin applying pressure to any nearby counselors.

Tinfoil will turn off generators when he is not inactive pursuit to elevate fear levels and compensate for Jason VIII's weaker sense.

No consideration is given to stopping a Tommy Jarvis call.

Survival Tips
  • Tinfoil can be impacted heavily by the map selection and objective placement therein. A Packanack Lodge map with two cars, for example, will be a much greater chance at survival than a Higgin's Haven boat map with the one car near water.

• The two-door car is given only minor consideration, it is your best chance at survival.

• Stealthy characters can ghost on Tinfoil, use them to repair vehicles.

• Tinfoil will generally leave all traps at the phone, leaving no ambiguity as to when the phone is being messed with. Setting off a trap near the phone WILL draw Tinfoil 100% of the time early game. Tinfoil will heavily de-prioritize the phone depending on the number of counselors remaining, how far progressed the car repair is, and the time remaining on the map. As such, attempting a car repair is best coordinated with someone drawing Tinfoil to the phone.

• If the two-door or four-door car has been repaired, Tinfoil will be drawn to (and is likely to) stop it. This is the best and perhaps only opportunity to get a police call accomplished. The other vehicle can also be repaired, although the cabin pressure which Tinfoil applied early game likely will mean one or more components has not been located or retrieved.

• Keep your eyes on the water at all times and try the boat at your own peril.

• Clusterfucks at a crashed vehicle have never been fruitful, this is good advice against most Jasons.

• Tinfoil will begin stalk-morph-shift-grabbing once stalk is active, and gets many unsuspecting and otherwise very skilled counselors in this fashion. Don't stop moving.

• Use the slow walking speed of Jason VIII against Tinfoil, carry some med sprays and hop through broken windows. Again, Tinfoil is heavily objective based and if you do not present an easy target, he will move to higher priority areas and counselors.

Dude... Really?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I would like to state that I play this video game ... but ... I am awesome and definitely not a nerd.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The tinfoil guide owns, I don't see the problem

Now I can beat him and get to the next boss battle

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Also, I enjoy the game in a cool, laid back way while smoking weed and drinking wine, whereas the way you enjoy it is stupid.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kelp Plankton posted:

The tinfoil guide owns, I don't see the problem

Now I can beat him and get to the next boss battle

The next boss battle is me, so you know.

Roll the dice on how that'll work out

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
So it's like a guide on how I play Jason and how I perceive my weakest / most vulnerable situations.

Why is this so provocative.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

codenameFANGIO posted:

Also, I enjoy the game in a cool, laid back way while smoking weed and drinking wine, whereas the way you enjoy it is stupid.

Friday the 13th the Game: The way you enjoy it is stupid.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Burkion posted:

So let you kill me then sell out my teammates via steam messages and death cam again?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

So it's like a guide on how I play Jason and how I perceive my weakest / most vulnerable situations.

Why is this so provocative.

I think the third person perspective the entire time is what pushes it into being funny.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Welp. This thread was cool.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

It's necessary. Have you experienced my Jason?

Also hopefully people could get some tips on playing Jason, maybe?

I mean, different strokes and all that but I think having a "gameplan" as Jason is lame and never doing a cinematic kill is really loving lame. I think you should quick-kill or melee counselors like Tommy Jarvis or any of the high composure Final Girls, but everybody else is fair game for fancy kills unless you're surrounded by a good coordinated counselor team trying to stun you.

If you're going to pick on the poor idiots wandering away from the flock at least have the decency to make it entertaining.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

joylessdivision posted:

I did a clean sweep as NES Jason today. It was beautiful.

God drat Stryker almost got away because I morphed to the wrong car but he apparently sucks at driving as Tommy.

I murdered him horribly.

I did the same the next round after the loving counselors bum rushed me to the cops.

I also just played a match with my first glitcher who crackled wildly after the match because of how cool he was. I was done after that. No sense playing with poo poo heads who are more concerned with winning than playing.

That was me. I had a tough go in that car because I scavenged it after a now-dead group drove it into the middle of the woods. I was actually doing pretty good off-roading for the first time, but it was slow going. Dammit I was so close to the end.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

King Vidiot posted:

surrounded by a good coordinated counselor team trying to stun you.

Every goon game, more or less.

Don't get me wrong, I go for environment kills when I can - I just don't obsess over it to the point where I'll let someone get out of a grab. Jason VIII has a weak grab as well, so you need to have good positioning to pull one off reliably.

Tinfoil Papercut fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jun 27, 2017

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
There's enjoying something and then there's... Whatever that was.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
There aren't enough tips around to help me from running headlong into Jason's or driving my car into buildings

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Protip: if you're bad at driving let someone else do it

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Burkion posted:

And by that you mean just don't touch the phone and wait 20 minutes?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
The key to driving is not to be scared of off-roading and to learn which trees are real and which are fake news. Also it increases your chance to flip the car dramatically which really spices up a game.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ToxicSlurpee posted:

And by that you mean just don't touch the phone and wait 20 minutes?

Oh don't worry I come up with activities

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
So apparently redditors are now freely discussing the wall glitch, and explaining how to do it.

What I am saying is: don't use quickplay unless you want hours of your life wasted.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Tinfoil is a cool dude

I'd do 'im

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Lastdancer posted:

I'd do 'im

He'd likely give you a comprehensive guide to his erogenous zones, so you are covered.

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

Tinfoil's write up gave me a good giggle and I'm thankful for it. I too refuse to speak as Jason...and as a counselor cause I don't have a mic at the moment.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

a cock shaped fruit posted:

So apparently redditors are now freely discussing the wall glitch, and explaining how to do it.

What I am saying is: don't use quickplay unless you want hours of your life wasted.

I don't care to know how it's done but what does the wall glitch do? Does it just get people stuck in the walls?

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Okay, I've come to expect one-or-two players to drop from the game when they find out they're not Jason, but five? Is it even a game at that point?

Also informing Jason of glitching players and forming an impromptu truce to dislodge them never gets old.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Spacebump posted:

I don't care to know how it's done but what does the wall glitch do? Does it just get people stuck in the walls?

Yeah you glitch into or through a wall and Jason can't get to you. Super fuckin' fun poo poo.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Spacebump posted:

Through an embrassingly easy process, you can essentially force yourself through any geometry you wish. Core examples include:

*Under the stairs on packanack
*Onto large building roofs
*Through walls in cabins
*Into sheds that are not supposed to be entered
*Out of the map entirely

It's an absurdly easy thing to do, so once it's common knowledge it'll likely spread like wildfire. A pro tip - Part 3 Jason can do a 'strong' attack where he does an overhead swing with the Axe, and this often can hit people through walls. It's closest thing Jason players have to an 'answer'.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Can the counselors rub their backs against one another to merge into a higher shiva - like deity capable of completing objectives whilst their neck is in Jason's hands

Because if not then this bug sucks

What the duck is wrong with my phone's autocorrect it keeps switching my words to the dumbest poo poo and then I have to go back and fix it bwugh

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

He'd likely give you a comprehensive guide to his erogenous zones, so you are covered.

I wish more people were this thoughtful. Just a little packet of dos and don'ts, that's all I ask.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Wanderer posted:

I wish more people were this thoughtful. Just a little packet of dos and don'ts, that's all I ask.

And people wonder why divorce rates are so high. Withholding information from your spouse.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Ya'll laugh but Duster and Tinfoil are the most annoying Jason's to play against EVER. A GameFaq on beating either or both of them may be required.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I've been playing chad and talking very loud to begin matches. I just want to help.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
UPDATE YOUR loving GAAAAAME

Also: tips. Treebranch stuns like a baseball bat although it will almost definitely break. Also give me a brick and a rock to throw at Jason / Councillors.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jun 27, 2017

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Just had the best game as Tiffany of all people on Higgins. The Jason was a competent Part 2 that triple-trapped the phone box first thing (I knew because I spawned next to the house it was in and heard him through the wall) so I spent the match fixing the two-seater east of the barn. I got the keys and the battery installed and ran gas to the house adjacent to the car when Jason found me. I dumped the gas in the house and ran back to the barn to window scam him and hopefully get him to gently caress off. After a bit of that a Battle Chad showed up and got Jason off my rear end long enough for me to get back to the car and get the gas in. Jason kills Chad and comes back for me, so I grab a flare gun and head back toward the car when none other than Tommy Jarvis (and the only other surviving player) drives by in the 4 seater. I couldn't loving believe someone would bring a car that way but he drives up that little hill leading to that clutch of eastern four cabins like a champ. Jason and I don't know what the hell to make of it for a moment until he decides I'm the safer bet so I flare his rear end, start the car and I get away with about 25 seconds left in the round. I switch the camera to Tommy just in time to see him juke Jason beautifully and escape with 17 seconds left.

Whoever that Jason was must have been pissed.

Best non-Adam score I've ever got.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Spacebump posted:

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Pubbies in deadchat seem to usually be pretty open to a pact to murder another counselor who made us watch their glitched bullshit for several minutes.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

ChickenHeart posted:

Okay, I've come to expect one-or-two players to drop from the game when they find out they're not Jason, but five? Is it even a game at that point?

Also informing Jason of glitching players and forming an impromptu truce to dislodge them never gets old.
They are working on the crashes. People still get an intro crash.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Motherfucker posted:

UPDATE YOUR loving GAAAAAME

Also: tips. Treebranch stuns like a baseball bat although it will almost definitely break. Also give me a brick and a rock to throw at Jason / Councillors.

There's an update?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

There's an update?

No, hence my frustration.

• Locked thread