Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Dum Cumpster posted:

You guys should try eating food while lifting weights so you no longer weigh as much as a high school freshman.

Whats ur size mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

sassassin posted:

America's obesity epidemic is a tragedy.

That's true and I'ma let you finish, but smugbox thinks 165lbs is swole.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Zzulu posted:

Whats ur size mate

Also childe height, 5'9", but 85.5kg

King of the manlets

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Dum Cumpster posted:

King of the manlets

How fat do you look in suits?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

sassassin posted:

How fat do you look in suits?

Good friend got married 2 weeks ago and apparently people thought I looked good in the one they stuck me in. Though those people are american and I blew out one of the legs when it came time to dance.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Dum Cumpster posted:

King of the manlets

drat, are you fit though?

It feels good to know I could possibly put on another 10kg of muscle on top of what I already got

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I fit quite nicely in this mumu

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.
Dum Cumpster is a strong goon even if he won't admit it. What's your deadlift at these days?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I drunkenly block pulled 655 about a month ago and now I'm taking a break from deadlifting :shobon:

But I'm not particularly strong at anything at the moment. Been doing a bunch of hypertrophy training.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
lol at being 5'9.5"

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Lol if you think 5'9" is short.

:negative:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Fartbox posted:

I finished my cut months ago and it's summer so i dont want to bulk yet (want to look good wtihout a shirt :grin:) and it feels strange to just eat at maintenance. Feels like I'm not moving in any one direction and just treading water :negative:

Two or three months of good maintenance after a cut are enough to get you physically and psychologically settled in at your new weight.

If you aren't at 12% bf yet and you'd like to start cutting again, you have this shrinking idiot's permission.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Lol if you think 5'9" is short.
:negative:
Height kinda doesn't matter as much as people think. I'm 6'1 and look like garbage, for example.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jun 27, 2017

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Khorne posted:

Height kinda doesn't matter as much as people think. I'm 6'1 and look like garbage, for example.

6'1 garbage person is still better than a 5'7 handsome dude

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
i hate my retarded bullshit garbage gym. it's really tiny...in fact it used to be the blockbuster video...or movie gallery actually. It's a small video store size gym and the owner oversells the gently caress out of memberships. This isn't a "goon too timid to ask to work in" post, I had to do it at the Y all the time, it's more literal claustrophobia. why the gently caress is it so packed at 9pm on a monday of all days? I guess I'll try going back at like 10 or 11

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

i hate my retarded bullshit garbage gym. it's really tiny...in fact it used to be the blockbuster video...or movie gallery actually. It's a small video store size gym and the owner oversells the gently caress out of memberships. This isn't a "goon too timid to ask to work in" post, I had to do it at the Y all the time, it's more literal claustrophobia. why the gently caress is it so packed at 9pm on a monday of all days? I guess I'll try going back at like 10 or 11

Can't you join another? Not being a dick, just curious if there are other options

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
yeah there is a good powerlifting/bodybuilding style gym that's 3 stories and literally just as cheap, but it's about 10 minutes from my work in the other direction I live. I've been meaning to just have a membership to both since they are both cheap(Dumb movie gallery gym is like 2 miles from my apartment) but I was building my savings back up a bit. I get paranoid about my car because it's getting old and I try to avoid unnecessary driving. If I have enough money to buy a new one then I really wouldn't care. So hopefully in another month or two. The good thing is the movie gallery gym is always empty at like 2am when I get off work, and that's like 90% of the time. Just irritating because I want to get a good workout in on my off days as well

e: The other gym even has a platform and bumper plates so if I feel like I haven't gotten injured enough lately I can do some power cleans

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jun 27, 2017

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Dum Cumpster posted:

King of the manlets

How is your cut going? Your progress was looking pretty impressive last time you checked in on it. :)

And cutting down to 85.5? Jeez, I guess I really am tiny :stare:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

aint no height augmentation surgery

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Dum Cumpster posted:

I drunkenly block pulled 655 about a month ago and now I'm taking a break from deadlifting :shobon:

But I'm not particularly strong at anything at the moment. Been doing a bunch of hypertrophy training.

Welcome to the pretty boys club

*winks*

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Tom Cruise is a living god in his own cult.

I'd give up a few inches for that (and to be in Top Gun 2).

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

sassassin posted:

Tom Cruise is a living god in his own cult.

I'd give up a few inches for that (and to be in Top Gun 2).

I can become a cult leader, he can't become tall.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

I can become a cult leader, he can't become tall.

Do it, then. Go on.

I dare you.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Pesmerga posted:

How is your cut going? Your progress was looking pretty impressive last time you checked in on it. :)

And cutting down to 85.5? Jeez, I guess I really am tiny :stare:

Finished about a month ago, was happy with the results. Going to start up again in a month or two and see if I can reveal the rest of my abs.

Putting extra time/money into going to a good gym is one of the things in life that'll get you huge rewards. Having knowledgable people watch you lift in person will sort out a lot of the issues goons can't.

Fartbox posted:

Welcome to the pretty boys club

*winks*

hey bb ;-*

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Just benched 300 for the first time. Where do I pick up my "can't even do 3 plates award"?

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

bamhand posted:

Just benched 300 for the first time. Where do I pick up my "can't even do 3 plates award"?

You don't, you've had it the whole time :unsmith: :hf: :unsmith:

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
300? My quest to be lean/cripppling body dysmorphia is killing my gains. :smith:

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
whoever suggested trying dumbell lateral raises one handed with the free arm hanging onto something a while back, thank you. They felt much better and I feel like I actually managed to isolate my side delt pretty well and kept my traps mostly out of the movement. I've only just completed the first wave of 5/3/1 but I'm really digging it so far. Also squatted successfully without my knee exploding. I tried to do some barbell glute bridges but I slid off everything I put my back against, ugh. Next time I"ll stack some yoga mats to sit on because the benches there were a little high up on my back, like almost to my rear delts.

e: one arm lateral raises - do you still keep your body vertical or do you tilt to the side to change up the angle any?

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Im the one who told you to do that and I recall someone giving me poo poo for it. Whoever that was fuckin eat it scrublord. Keep your feet at an angle so that when the arm holding said db is hanging perpendicular to the ground so it is free of obstuction from your leg/hip.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

i liek being strong in the shoulders

most guys are so weak when it comes to shoulder pressing

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
If you can't press your bodyweight you're fat, weak or both.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
men have been trying to lift heavy poo poo above their heads since the dawn of time

thus, its good

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I OHP'd my 11 year old and now he thinks I'm a god

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
How long should I stay away from lifting weights after hurting my lower back?

It was nothing serious, but every time I try to go back to squatting or deadlifting, the pain comes back. Also, what are some good exercises I can do to work on my strength while not risking my back in the meantime?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Did you just tweak something or was it go-to-doctor hurt?

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Vaguido posted:

It was nothing serious, but every time I try to go back to squatting or deadlifting, the pain comes back. Also, what are some good exercises I can do to work on my strength while not risking my back in the meantime?

You are foreverially damaged goods, now. RIP

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Chinatown posted:

Did you just tweak something or was it go-to-doctor hurt?

Just a tweak. No real issues, but when I think it's all gone away, I'll try to lift and it starts to come back. The first time I thought I'd just work through it and I was hosed again.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

My experience with back stuff is that you gotta wait till it feels 100% and then wait a few more weeks on top of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004

Vaguido posted:

What's hurting exactly on the squat or deadlift? Like, does it hurt on extension?

Just do relatively low weight iso work while you recover, low weight should mean you won't try to recruit your back to help.