Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Maybe these would work?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-10pcs-32mm-Plastic-Soccer-Table-Foosball-Ball-Football/32790647392.html

Balls for table football, not sure if they're hollow or not, I haven't played it since I was about 10. Diameter is right though.

Has anyone found just some basic p38 can openers? Found them on another site but you had to buy like 1000.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jun 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
More Pick-recommended Aliexpress goodies:

Carrying straps for moving furniture etc

Small stainless steel zester/grater

Car seat pouch, actually for keeping poo poo from falling down between the seat of your car and the center console

Classy pens for classy signatures, cheap combo of three

Flexible curve for illustrating, woodworking, drafting, all sorts of good stuff

Grilled cheese toaster bags, $1 for 2, another one of those dumb things that isn't worth the price in stores but for $1 yeah it's handy actually

Cheap fiberglass tape

Adorable strawberry totes, make your friends think you care about them a lot more than 65 cents

Plastic bag carrying handle

Nylon nets for protecting your fruit bushes

Pick fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jun 27, 2017

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

That bird is a goddamned sucker. :smug:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
That's actually really handy I've been looking for a better source of bird meat, that net is just the ticket

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Code Jockey posted:

That's actually really handy I've been looking for a better source of bird meat, that net is just the ticket

Nets are not sporting, use the toothpick crossbow

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Hug in a Can posted:

That bird is a goddamned sucker. :smug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg03q100E4g

blugu64 posted:

Nets are not sporting, use the toothpick crossbow

brb modifying my crossbow into a net launcher

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I got one of those toothpick crossbows from ebay a few days ago, and when I went to check on the status I found this...

Should I go ahead and open a dispute now, or what? I already sent payment but there is no tracking info at all.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Every time that's happened to me, the seller still pulls through. Almost 100% happens on repro SNES games.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Every time that's happened to me, the seller still pulls through. Almost 100% happens on repro SNES games.

Cool, I'll give them a bit. As long as it comes by September so my son can take it to school.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Mine did that too but it already shipped, suck it China and the countless vulnerable exposed fleshy bits of the world.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

http://s.aliexpress.com/vq22u2im

These knockoff brushes are really nice and are going to feature prominently in my Christmas gifting

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Gimmie gimmie gimmie! The link that is.

It was listed as mini zhuge crossbow but it's no longer listed on ebay. In fact searching for toothpick bows seems to be blocked now.

WAIT, here's one seller on AE

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fashion-Wood-Mini-Zhuge-Crossbow-Crafts-Chinese-Repeating-Crossbow-Toy-Home-Decoration/32603456261.html

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jun 27, 2017

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Toothpick crossbows removed from amazon. Actual crossbows still available. :negative:

But, but, my freedoms!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Synthbuttrange posted:

It was listed as mini zhuge crossbow but it's no longer listed on ebay. In fact searching for toothpick bows seems to be blocked now.

WAIT, here's one seller on AE

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fashion-Wood-Mini-Zhuge-Crossbow-Crafts-Chinese-Repeating-Crossbow-Toy-Home-Decoration/32603456261.html

I was able to order a metal one for 5 bucks free shipping on eBay, 15 for a wooden one seems like a bit much

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Ralph Crammed In posted:

So, if you're like me (a fat girl who buys lingerie on Ali Express) you're probably noticed that most of the photos for clothes are very obviously stolen from somewhere. Most of the time it's from other online retailers, but sometimes you find a treasure.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...0612.0.0.F01rMS

Edit-apparently it's from a Chinese horror film called Any Other Side.

Ha!

Even better is when you find out that your five sizes larger in China. In America, I'm sz 34-36. According to Aliexpress, I'm size XXXL Grande super fat.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
:hb: New House Challenge! :hb:
Also, feel free to tell me to gently caress off and do my own homework. I put this out there for fun in case you guys are as bored at work as I am.

Facts:
I bought a house.
-House is located next to several parks
-I have an accessible river a few blocks away (~200m wide)
-I have 2 cats
-I have a garage that I want to make into a workshop (mostly woodworking)
-I have an unfinished basement for laundry/beer brewing
-My :siren:girlfriend:siren: already thinks I'm a loving moron so I can do whatever I want

Challenge:
What sort of worthless inane poo poo (or useful gadgets) from AliExpress deserve a mention and possibly a purchase to join my ranks?

I've gone through the first 30 pages of the thread and there's some gold. What stands out to you guys?

Honorable Mentions (from this page)
Carrying Straps for Moving

Soul Destroying Yard Cherub

Cannon_Fodder fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jun 27, 2017

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

How about a dead-eyed child, to scare off the local yobs?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ame...2711791041.html

These clocks are also pretty sweet. I'm sure goons could draw you up a nice one.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fre...2797316813.html

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Nettle Soup posted:

How about a dead-eyed child, to scare off the local yobs?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ame...2711791041.html

These clocks are also pretty sweet. I'm sure goons could draw you up a nice one.

That little angel is watching a man get flayed alive off-screen. I'm 100% sure of it.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I really want to buy a $5 metal toothpick crossbow.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Looking up paint:

Get 4 pages of decorated cigarette lighters.

Look up Tottenham (English Football team):

Get half a page of poo poo merch and 4 pages of bras.

I think AliExpress has an opinion about my choice of sporting clubs and just subtly called me a tit. Well played.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS

Nettle Soup posted:

SOMEBODY PLEASE MAKE AND BUY A GOATSE CLOCK!

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

Toothpick crossbows removed from amazon. Actual crossbows still available. :negative:

But, but, my freedoms!

I don't even think they are on ebay anymore. I really hope mine shipped before the ban.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I went to order one of those crossbows and the listing was deleted as I was filling out my shipping info :(

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
The search "2017 mini crossbow" works on ebay but all of these are metal and quite expensive (albeit ornate)

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

For those looking for toothpick crossbows...

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Don't worry, if fidget spinners are anything to go by in a few weeks the market will be flooded and the moral panic will have moved on to something new and then it'll be easy to acquire your tiny armament in peace.

Maybe they'll even have moved past the iron age and be selling tiny flintlocks and cannons that fire bbs :getin:

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Crossbows that fire fidget spinners when?!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Fidget spinner bolos for protecting your flower bushes from quadrotor drones, with some anti-hoverboard caltrops and a tiny moat full of hydrogel beads.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Buy a whole fuckload of those LED light strips and do a whole wall with them and turn your garage into a 24/7 Daft Punk show

Populate your garden space with 100% mystery plants from Ali.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Also, feel free to tell me to gently caress off and do my own homework. I put this out there for fun in case you guys are as bored at work as I am.

Facts:
I bought a house.
-House is located next to several parks
-I have an accessible river a few blocks away (~200m wide)
-I have 2 cats
-I have a garage that I want to make into a workshop (mostly woodworking)
-I have an unfinished basement for laundry/beer brewing
-My :siren:girlfriend:siren: already thinks I'm a loving moron so I can do whatever I want

Challenge:
What sort of worthless inane poo poo (or useful gadgets) from AliExpress deserve a mention and possibly a purchase to join my ranks?

I've gone through the first 30 pages of the thread and there's some gold. What stands out to you guys?

Honorable Mentions (from this page)
Carrying Straps for Moving

Soul Destroying Yard Cherub

Aliexpress is a wonderful place to get organization items, so bins and etc. for your woodworking and brewing poo poo so it's not all over the place, paving the way to More Happy Girlfriend because Your poo poo Isn't All Over The Place. Additionally, check out the cleaning devices in the OP in particular. Melamine sponges, drain cleaning hook things, hooks--that stuff just ends up being really useful and costs dramatically less than getting it in the store. In my experience they're usually the best returns, actually--the item I've re-ordered most often was hooks, followed by hanging garment bags.

Also, you could probably get her every piece of jewelry in the OP and all the kitchen doodles for under $100 monies.

Pick fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jun 27, 2017

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

lohli posted:

Crossbows that fire fidget spinners when?!

Guy Mann posted:

Fidget spinner bolos for protecting your flower bushes from quadrotor drones, with some anti-hoverboard caltrops and a tiny moat full of hydrogel beads.

Check out my new fidget spinner

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

flashy_mcflash posted:

Buy a whole fuckload of those LED light strips and do a whole wall with them and turn your garage into a 24/7 Daft Punk show

Populate your garden space with 100% mystery plants from Ali.

A metric fuckload of LEDs would be pretty amazing. I've got some strips from when I used to build race drones. They'll light up a city block done right.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I've reorganized the OP; if y'all have things to add especially to the curated categories please let me know. I especially need sticker recommendations since people seem to like them but they're not in my backlog since I don't really buy stickers.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh, here are some items for Cat Amusement:

Corner Groomer

Flapping Butterfly (my cat loves this one)

3-Tier Play Whirly

Swingy whirl mouse

Robot mouse

Mystery tunnel

Weeble killing exercise

feed slowing bowl for overly quick eaters

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Guy Mann posted:

Maybe they'll even have moved past the iron age and be selling tiny flintlocks and cannons that fire bbs :getin:

Merry Christmas, don't shoot your eye out

https://www.wish.com/m/c/58622de8bd91794cb978bd0c

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Ordered. My wife is going to be impressed with my new purchase.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Do note that these toothpick crossbows can cause injuries more severe than an "ow, you dumb poo poo, stop that!". I'm not saying don't get them, just maybe don't demonstrate on a valued loved one first.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I really recommend you don't purchase those. My mother still has a red dot in her iris from when she was stabbed in the eye as a child.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah, I think some of you might be underestimating the velocity at which these things fire. Or maybe you're not and you're just fans of acupuncture, I dunno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Just buy a gun and gently caress it