Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Has the Dragoon's Elusive Jump always been broken trash? The game doesn't register your new location until you land, so I'm getting hit by AoE, pulls and what have you from the location I jumped from while mid-air or just right before I land. Is this some new bug introduced or was it always like this? I guess that's one less ability clogging up my hotbar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Hilarious. I am almost compelled to level SCH right now so that I can have fun with it while a thing, assuming they haven't got a patch ready for it to go this week.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Jimbot posted:

Has the Dragoon's Elusive Jump always been broken trash? The game doesn't register your new location until you land, so I'm getting hit by AoE, pulls and what have you from the location I jumped from while mid-air or just right before I land. Is this some new bug introduced or was it always like this? I guess that's one less ability clogging up my hotbar.

yeah that's basically always been elusive jump

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Minrad posted:

Didn't notice it until last night, but it's nice that they went back to make doman weapons (from centurio seals) for Sam/Rdm.

This is probably due to the fact that the level 67 dungeon's gear drops are very slightly recolored versions of the Asuran gear, so they probably figured if they are adding SAM and RDM weapons for the dungeon using that style they may as well add them to the actual Asuran weapons list too.

The only disappointing thing about an otherwise excellent dungeon.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Reiterpallasch posted:

i'd love that, but considering how janky literally everything else involving the fairy is, i'm not sure that one's within their power to fix

e: there's no real point sitting on it, i guess, since this is pretty well-known in some circles and nobody's chasing world firsts--pets in ffxiv inherit their summoner's stats. someone probably forgot that healers could still meld direct hit, which must've made fairies resort to some completely nonsensical placeholder data or something, because a trivial quantity of direct hit currently causes the fairy to get 100% direct hits on fey union ticks.
there's no way this doesn't get nerfed.

Wait. Heals can direct hit?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jimbot posted:

Elusive jump is good because of the enmity reduction and the fact that you move faster than walking, making it a gap closer that doesn't cost you DPS to save like the dives do.

Also, about once per expansion the fact that it cures binds and heavies will matter.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Wait. Heals can direct hit?

Yep. Unlike tenacity, direct hit rating isn't locked by role. It's only found naturally on dps gear, but any class can meld it into their slots.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah until you realize its because they re-used the Doman weapons for SB weapons at like level 68 or 69 :v:

They're just a recolor. Instead of having to create SAM and RDM doman weapons plus weapons for everybody at 68, including SAM and RDM, they simply added SAM and RDM weapons to the doman and reused them all.

But its not like the game is lacking in weapons so no biggie.

The recolors are for Doma Castle so it makes sense. I'll allow it.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Yep, the bug makes my ticks about 8500.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

Elusive jump is good because of the enmity reduction and the fact that you move faster than walking, making it a gap closer that doesn't cost you DPS to save like the dives do.

Also, about once per expansion the fact that it cures binds and heavies will matter.

Yeah, I relegated to the thing to the "not worth having a shortcut button for" bar. I was talking in the "use to dodge things" sense. In that way it's incredibly broken.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Jimbot posted:

Yeah, I relegated to the thing to the "not worth having a shortcut button for" bar. I was talking in the "use to dodge things" sense. In that way it's incredibly broken.

I mean, it's faster than just running.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the true use of elusive jump is lining yourself up behind the tank so you backflip over their head at the start of a fight

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I though the true use for elusive jump is to backflip off the arena any time there's an open edge.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Looking cool is its own reward.

I think every movement ability works that way. Your character's hitbox is exactly where you cast the spell until the instant you land, and then your hitbox is there. Elusive jump is still a good skill, but you can't pull the clutch 1/4 s dodge with it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
The Elusive Jump talk made me realize how much I love RDM since I was DRG for ARR and the beginning of HS until I quit... :allears:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Looking cool is its own reward.

I think every movement ability works that way. Your character's hitbox is exactly where you cast the spell until the instant you land, and then your hitbox is there. Elusive jump is still a good skill, but you can't pull the clutch 1/4 s dodge with it.

This is definitely not true for Aetherial Manipulation since I triggered mines with it in A6S.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

vOv posted:

This is definitely not true for Aetherial Manipulation since I triggered mines with it in A6S.

I'm also dead certain that's not how shoulder tackle works.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

The movement abilities in this game are funny like that;
- for the purposes of targeted AOE, your hitbox is where you hit the at button until you land at your destination, plus server lag
- for poo poo in your PATH to the location, your hitbox is ALSO there, because as far as the server is concerned, you are indeed moving to that location, something you also visually are doing
- for poo poo that triggers upon seeing you within it's line of sight and having a reaction based on that, you are present at the origin point and at the destination at the same time, but not in the line towards the destination

this is the same for all movement abilities, including Elusive Jump, Aetherial Manipulation, Rescue, Plunge, Shoulder Tackle, et cetera

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Do I need heavensward if I buy stormblood? I have ARR

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Ramadu posted:

Do I need heavensward if I buy stormblood? I have ARR

HW is included w/ SB.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

kojei posted:

HW is included w/ SB.

dope thanks :)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The best use of Elusive Jump is to jump between spumes in Levi EX while the railings are down

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
white mage is really fun and I'm a big fan of making lifebars move really quick.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I don't stance dance as a tank and I don't feel bad at all.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Why is there a space elevator in the Ruby Sea :psyduck:

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Where else would you put it?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Hey all is that choke point early on in Stormblood all cleared up now?

I tend to wait until after the rush to buy MMO expansions and want to be sure I'm not stuck for hours on end behind a 1,000 other players. Thanks.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

OhFunny posted:

I tend to wait until after the rush to buy MMO expansions and want to be sure I'm not stuck for hours on end behind a 1,000 other players. Thanks.

Has been for over a week now I think.

Meanwhile, I just beat the MSQ. Wow. Just...Wow.

Hunter Noventa fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Jun 27, 2017

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

OhFunny posted:

Taken care of in 48 hours :)

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
:member: when people were convinced this was the end of FFXIV surely and generally freaking out about server errors?

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

Givin posted:

I don't stance dance as a tank and I don't feel bad at all.

I do on Warrior, but not otherwise, and even then not during trash pulls ever.

Especially on large pulls, I feel like it's harder to maintain hate now than it used to be.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Minrad posted:

That's a pretty fair nerf when Scholars could beat some actual dps classes on aoe in dungeons,

To be fair, White Mage has always been able to smash actual DPS when doing AOE Holyspam. Yet it's aoe wasn't nerfed.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I wonder how long the new/preferred server character creation bonuses are going to be active. I'm still on free trial for the moment, but I'm considering making a character on one of the preferred worlds and running her up to towards 30 for the extra days of free sub when I actually do buy the game.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

A friend of mine and I are debating whether that's gonna be the new POTD or whether its that house of coin up in steppe.

I guess its too skinny, but drat that thing is literally infinitely tall. And nobody even comments on it?!? Uhhhhhhhh

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

ilifinicus posted:

The movement abilities in this game are funny like that;
- for the purposes of targeted AOE, your hitbox is where you hit the at button until you land at your destination, plus server lag
- for poo poo in your PATH to the location, your hitbox is ALSO there, because as far as the server is concerned, you are indeed moving to that location, something you also visually are doing
- for poo poo that triggers upon seeing you within it's line of sight and having a reaction based on that, you are present at the origin point and at the destination at the same time, but not in the line towards the destination

this is the same for all movement abilities, including Elusive Jump, Aetherial Manipulation, Rescue, Plunge, Shoulder Tackle, et cetera

Also if there is a cliff between the origin point and the destination you will fall off. (See: dragoon jumping across the gap on Ozma's platform)

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Hunter Noventa posted:

Has been for over a week now I think.

Meanwhile, I jsut beat the MSQ. Wow. Just...Wow.

Yeah that was a very satisfying ending. A++ would play through again.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Dr Pepper posted:

To be fair, White Mage has always been able to smash actual DPS when doing AOE Holyspam. Yet it's aoe wasn't nerfed.

Patch 2.1!

Holy: Potency has been reduced from 240 to 200.

No, I'm not still salty, why do you ask?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Just did the last dungeon of the MSQ. poo poo was fun. Will be... interesting to heal it later, tons of damage I had a drat hard time avoiding.

... did Zenos really piss away two of the empire's provinces because he's bored? Garlemald's been jobbing since ARR but this seems excessive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Also, for those needing the Loch currents head to the far NE and then proceed counterclockwise around the map, ending at the one on the wall, and you'll get the worst of them easy-peasy.