Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imweasel09
May 26, 2014

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Through an embrassingly easy process, you can essentially force yourself through any geometry you wish. Core examples include:

*Under the stairs on packanack
*Onto large building roofs
*Through walls in cabins
*Into sheds that are not supposed to be entered
*Out of the map entirely

It's an absurdly easy thing to do, so once it's common knowledge it'll likely spread like wildfire. A pro tip - Part 3 Jason can do a 'strong' attack where he does an overhead swing with the Axe, and this often can hit people through walls. It's closest thing Jason players have to an 'answer'.

For the record you can kill them under the stairs at packanack, someone tried to pull that bullshit in a goon game and I ended up killing them as part 9. Combat stance + the hold LMB attacks gave me enough reach under there that i was eventually able to wildly flail my way to victory,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The best part about this game is pubbies generally don't care if you suck.

My signature Chad move is to whisper get away from me and then I run away singing.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Speaking of singin' Chad, I keep trying to play as Chad, fix the boat, then drive around the lake with someone singing The Most Precious Treasure by Sharkman Frank, but I never find that drat propeller or it gets stolen before I can be a piece of poo poo :saddowns:

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

KildarX posted:

Ya'll laugh but Duster and Tinfoil are the most annoying Jason's to play against EVER. A GameFaq on beating either or both of them may be required.

This can't be overstated for the console people, I don't think i've ever seen more than 2 people survive either of them being jason.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
^^^^^
Seriously. Tinfoil is just a terror, but he's helped me up my game against most pubbie Jason's. I feel like if I can make some progress I'm doing pretty well, but I know I'm just delaying the inevitable. His right up is legit helpful for dealing with his bloodlust.

Had a good round of NES Jason tonight with Spooky. Borrowed heavily from ScaryTerry's goofy noise he makes. Also surprise ending, and a pub that doesn't like left clicks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKgprbGtVjI

I realized I think I'm putting traps too close to cars and I need to get way further in front of cars when I morph. I'm also up for any other criticisms to up my teenage murderin' game.

Inside Out Mom fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jun 27, 2017

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
I do believe I just made a Jason ragequit simply because I shook him as the fat guy.

Playing as Eric, and 15 seconds into the game I've got Jason on my rear end, beelining and calling me a "bitch." I promptly give him poo poo for it--"big man, spawned on top of the fat guy"--but to no avail. He immediately starts swinging away and doing damage. Corned in a cabin, I whiff on a flare gun shot but inexplicably manage to juke him in the doorway and make a temporary getaway. He's on me again, I somehow manage to stun him with a machete (?). At this point, I'm injured and at full fear. I limp outside and duck in a corner to take advantage of my stealth and build up my stamina. "Hey, hey... where are you?" The Jason music keeps going, intensifying, but I am not catching sight of him. I am waiting for a the shift. I sit there, waiting... waiting... waiting...

"YOU SURVIVED"

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Inside Out Mom posted:

^^^^^
Seriously. Tinfoil is just a terror, but he's helped me up my game against most pubbie Jason's. I feel like if I can make some progress I'm doing pretty well, but I know I'm just delaying the inevitable. His right up is legit helpful for dealing with his bloodlust.

Had a good round of NES Jason tonight with Spooky. Borrowed heavily from ScaryTerry's goofy noise he makes. Also surprise ending, and a pub that doesn't like left clicks.

I realized I think I'm putting traps too close to cars and I need to get way further in front of cars when I morph. I'm also up for any other criticisms to up my teenage murderin' game.

What's the resolution there? I'm not used to seeing sidebars on videos like this. No res shaming, just curious.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I play at 1920 x 1200 and I found the best solution is just use a background pic. I need to make a more appropriate boarder for f13. Eventually I plan on getting a 144hz monitor and will probably go with 16x9 so I won't have to worry about it.

Fruit Soup Riot posted:

I do believe I just made a Jason ragequit simply because I shook him as the fat guy.

Playing as Eric, and 15 seconds into the game I've got Jason on my rear end, beelining and calling me a "bitch." I promptly give him poo poo for it--"big man, spawned on top of the fat guy"--but to no avail. He immediately starts swinging away and doing damage. Corned in a cabin, I whiff on a flare gun shot but inexplicably manage to juke him in the doorway and make a temporary getaway. He's on me again, I somehow manage to stun him with a machete (?). At this point, I'm injured and at full fear. I limp outside and duck in a corner to take advantage of my stealth and build up my stamina. "Hey, hey... where are you?" The Jason music keeps going, intensifying, but I am not catching sight of him. I am waiting for a the shift. I sit there, waiting... waiting... waiting...

"YOU SURVIVED"

I had a Jason waste close to 8 minutes on me as Deb. I kept juking and dodging and eventually was able to repair and call the cops. Then I got too cocky and tried to hide under a bed and paid for it. Eventually 4 people escaped during that time. I felt like I still won that round.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Hearing people complain about e-honor (apparently that means letting them live) in this game is great. Especially while you're drowning them in a toilet. :unsmigghh:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I don't understand why someone would want to play this game just to hide by glitching in a wall for 25 minutes. How can that be fun?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
It's a very advanced kind of role play. If you were in a horror movie with Jason and could escape by cheating the poor code underpinning the entire universe wouldn't you do so?

Hell with Jason X this isn't even farfetched.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Spacebump posted:

I don't understand why someone would want to play this game just to hide by glitching in a wall for 25 minutes. How can that be fun?

There are people that absolutely must win at all costs.

Which is just silly in a game like this; the game doesn't even really tell you who won or lost just "Jason murdered X/Y people! You died/survived!" Like this game is entertaining pretty much no matter what happens and sometimes you'll end up with randoms that are just goofing off and engaging in nonsense. It's a silly, kind of pointless game and that's the beauty of it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

ToxicSlurpee posted:

There are people that absolutely must win at all costs.

Which is just silly in a game like this; the game doesn't even really tell you who won or lost just "Jason murdered X/Y people! You died/survived!" Like this game is entertaining pretty much no matter what happens and sometimes you'll end up with randoms that are just goofing off and engaging in nonsense. It's a silly, kind of pointless game and that's the beauty of it.

This game more than any other I've played in a while just stumps me when people get super bent out of shape over things. People who leave because "Abloo bloo no skill shift-grab", people who pitch a fit over traps being used smart, people who give up almost immediately if I find them too early as Jason, people who wholly give up under any circumstances really. Like christ, it's a hammy slasher movie in game form, I can understand getting kind of bummed out if something really lame befalls you, but even then I can usually laugh if I got spectacularly hosed over and people aren't being jerks.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Yardbomb posted:

This game more than any other I've played in a while just stumps me when people get super bent out of shape over things. People who leave because "Abloo bloo no skill shift-grab", people who pitch a fit over traps being used smart, people who give up almost immediately if I find them too early as Jason, people who wholly give up under any circumstances really. Like christ, it's a hammy slasher movie in game form, I can understand getting kind of bummed out if something really lame befalls you, but even then I can usually laugh if I got spectacularly hosed over and people aren't being jerks.

How dare you use game mechanics against ME

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Yardbomb posted:

Plus the absolute longest the game can possibly last is 20 minutes. Usually it doesn't. It isn't like a MOBA where you can be stuck in a grinding loss for 60 minutes. The game doesn't even track anything like wins or KDR or whatever; just how much murder and murder-related activities you've participated in.

Then again you have people who just don't want to play a counselor as well and leave if they aren't Jason. It's like...hey avoiding that unstoppable killing machine is fun specifically because he's vastly more powerful than an individual counselor. I guess people got too accustomed to being Doom Master Chief Guy of Duty Strike that just kills everything in sight they get confused when they're the victim instead.

ToxicSlurpee fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jun 27, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Then again you have people who just don't want to play a counselor as well and leave if they aren't Jason. It's like...hey avoiding that unstoppable killing machine is fun specifically because he's vastly more powerful than an individual counselor. I guess people got too accustomed to being Doom Master Chief Guy of Duty Strike that just kills everything in sight they get confused when they're the victim instead.

Yeah I don't really get that either, people gripe that oh Jason's OP, well yeah he's meant to be and is in pretty obvious circumstances, if you try and "1v1 me bro" the hulking undead mass murderer, you're probably gonna lose, that's why you've got all these items and you're much more agile than he is and so on. Also I get the people that just wanna be Jason because hey it's Friday the 13th, but I dunno I've never had that hard of a time getting him, I've got my preference set to him and the random select picks me out at least a handful of times a night. Though I said in some goon matches earlier that I'm apparently a great outlier on that from the sound of things, I still see people saying they've never been Jason or only get him like once every dozen+ games and it's like drat, I've gotten him back to back even some nights while pubbing it up.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

I might get salty if someone shift grabs me from like, 2 feet away - But I wont vocalise. Tis' the game sir, thine murder is bound to happen.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It's kind of ironic that I enjoy being a counselor because I think playing Jason is too stressful.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Yardbomb posted:

Yeah I don't really get that either, people gripe that oh Jason's OP, well yeah he's meant to be and is in pretty obvious circumstances, if you try and "1v1 me bro" the hulking undead mass murderer, you're probably gonna lose, that's why you've got all these items and you're much more agile than he is and so on. Also I get the people that just wanna be Jason because hey it's Friday the 13th, but I dunno I've never had that hard of a time getting him, I've got my preference set to him and the random select picks me out at least a handful of times a night. Though I said in some goon matches earlier that I'm apparently a great outlier on that from the sound of things, I still see people saying they've never been Jason or only get him like once every dozen+ games and it's like drat, I've gotten him back to back even some nights while pubbing it up.

It's like a large portion of the players are aware of the series but haven't watched any.

This is what is supposed to happen when someone tries to 1 on 1 Jason.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mluutEMR3hs

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Open Marriage Night posted:

It's kind of ironic that I enjoy being a counselor because I think playing Jason is too stressful.

I feel the same way, and on occasion even consider toggling my preference to counselor. But then I get Jason, and after killing at least ONE person, all the stress just vanishes.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So something to add to the Burk Rule of Playing Games.

Previously was "If Burk tells you to take the car and loving go, loving go"

Now it's "If Burk tells you to MAKE THE GODDAMN PHONE CALL THAT HE TANKED ALL THE TRAPS AND PUT THE FUSE INTO AND IS EVEN NOW TO THIS MOMENT GUARDING THE PHONE BOX WITH HIS LIFE FOR THREE MINUTES, MAKE THE GODDAMN PHONE CALL."

There is only so much I can do people. There are only so many Jasons I can Burk for so long.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Inside Out Mom posted:

^^^^^

I came so close to getting away and my triumphant victory insult was shattered by that boat tipping bullshit. It was a good game overall and me and Inside Out Mom managed to get a car going and escape the poo poo talker from our first round. So glad I skipped the steam sale and just bought this instead.

Unbalanced
Sep 29, 2005
People that are good at role-playing nerd LaChappa's are the best. One of my matches shortly after the game released had a guy who did a spot-on impression of the nerd character from Robot Chicken, talking about how he was a level 7 wizard and how he would transmogrify the car so they could escape. As Jason I found him at the barn where he had set up all of the bear traps at the entrance, saying that he had erected an impenetrable fortress. I took his word for it and hosed off somewhere else.

Yesterday another nerd LaChappa was in a cabin with me and two other counselors. He was in a wounded state and was loudly and repeatedly asking us for some health spray. He kept doing this as we fumbled around the drawers until we found one and healed him. He thanked us and ran out of a busted down door right into one of Jason's traps. The next thing we hear is "Ow. HAS ANYONE GOT ANY HEALTH SPRAY?"

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I did 5/8 as Part 7 and all I got was a "I hate hack & slashers but at least he didn't shift-grab." :(

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Republicans posted:

I did 5/8 as Part 7 and all I got was a "I hate hack & slashers but at least he didn't shift-grab." :(

This is basically saying "I hate the part where Jason can kill you at all."

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I don't even know what some people expect you to do as 7 at times. He can't run, has less traps AND a bad shift. Like lordy-loo, what other handicaps would you like me to impose on myself.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

What possible reason could people have for hating a Jason that uses melee attacks over grabs? Are they upset that they didn't get to use their pocket knife?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Yardbomb posted:

I don't even know what some people expect you to do as 7 at times. He can't run, has less traps AND a bad shift. Like lordy-loo, what other handicaps would you like me to impose on myself.

His melee range is also crazy short compared to axe/spear.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

404notfound posted:

Are they upset that they didn't get to use their pocket knife?

It's most likely this, pubbies get mad often enough if you ever purely melee kill them, even if you heard them bragging about their three knives.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Even more baffling are the instances where you get some lucky breaks on a Jason only for them to immediately-disconnect.

Dude, You stepped in a beartrap and got stunned twice by Tubbs and the police got called in the first five minutes; it's not the end of the world.

In other news, I'm starting to really warm up on Chappa now that I've slotted the "lose fear while hiding" perk; it seems to have reduced his chances of making sounds while hiding by a great deal, and when combined with sense-evading perks I can waste a good deal of Jason's time if you plan ahead.

How to (maybe) not die as Tubbs Mckenzie:

1. Be in a medium-or-larger-sized cabin. Hiding in those single-room setups is suicide unless Jason is focused on another counselor, you want to stay in the general area, and you're certain he didn't notice where you ran off to.

2. Keep all doors closed and open multiple windows; barricading is optional. You want Jason to believe that you have crawled out a window or snuck into a bathroom. PRO CHICKENHEART STRAT: In cabins with multiple exits, open the door opposite of the one Jason is chopping down, and sneak back under a bed; every Jason I've done this to has fallen for this ruse.

3. Do NOT allow Jason to see where you are in the cabin, and do NOT allow him to hear you shuffling around! That means putting out your light when you hear the music come up, staying away from windows, and hiding BEFORE Jason starts smashing windows/doors. Closets make very distinct noises when used, and while the "shuffling under a bed" noise is less distinct, any Jason worth his salt will know what you're planning if he keeps an ear out. CHICKENSTRAT: Use the in-game chat to mask the noises your fat rear end makes! My favorite is yelling "Welp I'm outta here, get _____ done while he's chasing me through the woods" while I slyly squeeze into a closet as Jason hacks at a door!

4. Hide in the densest concentration of beds/closets/rooms possible. Upstairs Packanack, the windowless bedroom area in barracks lodges, and (VERY occasionally) the shower stalls near Evergreen are choice spots for a Chappa.

5. Have an exit plan. Whether he starts stabbing all the beds, hears you whimper, or just plain saw your outline from having a tanked composure, you'll need a means of extending your pitiful life by a few more precious seconds. Slipping out while Jason's stuck in a bed-poking animation is usually your best-case scenario, while popping out of a closet as he's approaching and popping a flare/firecrackers in his face will do in a pinch.

6. The best hiding perk is having another player in the cabin to throw off your scent. Blatantly ducking into a closet while Jason is lurking just in the next room over can actually work if there's someone else making a racket. Bonus points if your buddy dies directly in front of your hiding place and Jason morphs away in front of your eyes.

With these tips, and a metric rear end-ton of luck and bad plays made by the Jason-player, you too can infuriate and boggle the minds of bad Jasons everywhere!

ChickenHeart fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jun 27, 2017

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer
I was discussing the idea of doing the shittiest RP of a "Mystery Solving Group" with goon friend and PS4 player Mountain Lightning, complete with "Jinkies!" "Let's split up, gang!" and maybe a wacky chase scene. The best way to make it work, though, is to roll a 7 of 8 group and all decline Jason play(because who doesn't want to play as Jason?)

But we got hung up on which characters would be which.

I'm all :munch: waiting on this gimmick to eventually happen, though. Still on the fence about buying and playing, but watching good gameplay is free and building the hype, I fully expect to buy at some point soon.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I really hope Part X and Uber Jason aren't palette swaps.

I was also thinking about the FvJ and Remake Jason's too. Couldn't they just make similar looking models and call them "Drowned Jason" and "Survivalist Jason" or something?

I may have already said something like that. But I REALLY want more Jasons... And kills...

I want a Roy too.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Mistle posted:

I was discussing the idea of doing the shittiest RP of a "Mystery Solving Group" with goon friend and PS4 player Mountain Lightning, complete with "Jinkies!" "Let's split up, gang!" and maybe a wacky chase scene. The best way to make it work, though, is to roll a 7 of 8 group and all decline Jason play(because who doesn't want to play as Jason?)

But we got hung up on which characters would be which.

I'm all :munch: waiting on this gimmick to eventually happen, though. Still on the fence about buying and playing, but watching good gameplay is free and building the hype, I fully expect to buy at some point soon.

"Old Man Jenkins! But you were the mine inspector - why spook all the kids at camp crystal lake?"

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I think their license includes part 5 (Roy) and Jason X. FvJ and the remake are both out for legal reasons. They also could do Pam.

I personally expect to see Part 5 eventually, and then Jason X broken up into two Jasons - for a total of 3.

Part V
Weapon: Knife

Strengths
  • Can Run
  • Traps
  • Throwing Knives
Weaknesses
  • Less HP
  • Low Weapon Strength
  • Stun Resistance

Jason X (non-UBER)
Weapon: Machete

Strengths
  • Weapon Strength
  • Morph
  • Stalk
Weaknesses
  • Traps
  • Can't Run
  • Low Defense

Jason X (UBER)
Weapon: Cyborg Machete

Strengths
  • High Defense
  • Stun Resistance
  • Grip Strength
Weaknesses

• Morph
  • Can't Run
  • Traps

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I think their license includes part 5 (Roy) and Jason X. FvJ and the remake are both out for legal reasons. They also could do Pam.

I personally expect to see Part 5 eventually, and then Jason X broken up into two Jasons - for a total of 3.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for too.

And I know they can't TECHNICALLY have FvJ or the Remake... But SIMILAR looking models, tweaked JUUUUST enough and NOT NAMED after the films?

Some slavering lawyer is probably chomping at the bit over this game though. So may be best to just steer well clear. :smith:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Drunken Baker posted:

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for too.

And I know they can't TECHNICALLY have FvJ or the Remake... But SIMILAR looking models, tweaked JUUUUST enough and NOT NAMED after the films?

Some slavering lawyer is probably chomping at the bit over this game though. So may be best to just steer well clear. :smith:

I thought Jason X pre-UBER looked fairly similar to FvJ. FvJ had the dope coat tho.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I wish they'd got more divergent voice actors for the survivors, all these kids sound the same.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Holy poo poo is that a DEAD BODY ? !

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Motherfucker posted:

I wish they'd got more divergent voice actors for the survivors, all these kids sound the same.

I think almost all the females have unique voices? All dudes are the same.

I hereby start a petition for Gun Media to hire Burk as the official voice actor for LaChappa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I thought Jason X pre-UBER looked fairly similar to FvJ. FvJ had the dope coat tho.

Freddy Vs Jason wear a lovely cardigan too and is tall and damp.

X is a stocky pitbull looking badass with a flat mask and wears a straightjacket and chains. :black101:

• Locked thread