Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yes, the creatures with pivotal hinge joints and an exoskeleton are renowned for their flexibility. Seriously Peter who the gently caress taught you biology?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

SilverSupernova posted:

Why exactly did Magneto agree to this? Did Newspaper logic hit that hard or did the situation change somewhere from "I have Spider-Man completely at my mercy and am about to take his powers to create super mutants!" before he agreed to a draw?

Here's the last part of that story, but basically Spidey beat him through the power of questionable comic book science, and then Magneto pointed out "how exactly do you expect to keep me locked up?"

Which is actually more reasonable than I remembered, especially since in this story Spidey doesn't know other mutants exist, so he can't just ask Professor X what to do.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Kurui Reiten posted:

He still does, check the Mole Man strip near the top of the page.

Oh, you're right! Got caught up in the story, didn't even notice the improvement in art.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Y'know ignoring the whole "Magnets how do they work" thing, I'm surprised more writers haven't tried to use this logic.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they say magnetism, but it is always written as telekinesis that only works on metal.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
In the Fox X-Men movies it's explicitly not magnetism, but control of metal. They even say it out loud a couple times.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

bye moleman. :(

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

mind the walrus posted:

Yes, the creatures with pivotal hinge joints and an exoskeleton are renowned for their flexibility. Seriously Peter who the gently caress taught you biology?

Doctor Kurt "Inject myself with Lizard DNA to regrow my arm" Connors.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

R.I.P mole man. Well, time to get back to MJ's interview storyline

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

MJ is too high for this poo poo.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Elfface posted:

Doctor Kurt "Inject myself with Lizard DNA to regrow my arm" Connors.
:golfclap:
Moleman dude you already got your girl no need for this martyr poo poo.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Tyrannus: "Yo, Mole Man! Down here!"

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Why is Mole Man the most noble and heroic character in this comic

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Dr Pepper posted:

Why is Mole Man the most noble and heroic character in this comic

I thought he generally didn't give a poo poo about the surface.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

frodnonnag posted:

He doesn't. If Aunt May weren't there, he wouldn't give a flying gently caress about the collateral damage.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mods, thread name change to Newspaper Mole Man: The real hero of Newspaper Spider-Man

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I want to see the moment between panels 1+2 where Spidey scampers at high speed over to MJ so he can stand thoughfully behind her.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
You saw how much damage he caused! He harmed one of your precious city streets. It will take a crew at least a week to fix this!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
A Newspaper Spider-Man week though, which is around 2 years of real life time.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lenny didn't even shroom a single car!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

RIP, Albuquerque.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Endless Mike posted:

Lenny didn't even shroom a single car!

He was definitely a crack based menace. It's like you weren't even reading.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Lenny went a step beyond and destroyed a street. That's where cars LIVE!!!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RIP Mole-Martyr

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Plot Twist-- that was a tumor Spidey removed from Lenny because Subterra's HMO sucks on toast and Mole Man was just doing some healthcare tourism

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
With the way MJ is talking... I think they really might be doing "There's no such thing as Tyrannus, it's all an elaborate ruse from Mole Man to get in Aunt May's pants".

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

frodnonnag posted:

You say that like those are mutually exclusive statements.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Here's the last part of that story, but basically Spidey beat him through the power of questionable comic book science, and then Magneto pointed out "how exactly do you expect to keep me locked up?"

Which is actually more reasonable than I remembered, especially since in this story Spidey doesn't know other mutants exist, so he can't just ask Professor X what to do.

I feel like this comic can't get goofier, and then we get Scorpion's back story condensed into a few panels.

Then again 'want to become a scorpion?' 'Lol sure' might be his backstory in mainstream comics too

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Uuuuuuuuh

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

I thought it was the next strip to follow moleman+spiderman but it isn't :argh:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
You're... you're wearing a disguise. A disguise is what you're wearing. The whole point of a disguise is that nobody knows what you look like when you're not wearing it. You can just take it off.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

This owns.

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

Synthbuttrange posted:

RIP Mole-Martyr

Is it just me or is that middle panel surprisingly competently composed? The way he goes from 'looking up at May' in the first panel to staring dejectedly downward (away from her and toward his death), the destroyed surface objects mutely reinforcing his argument about Tyrannus' plans... It's hard to believe it's the same artist.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Ponsonby Britt posted:

Is it just me or is that middle panel surprisingly competently composed? The way he goes from 'looking up at May' in the first panel to staring dejectedly downward (away from her and toward his death), the destroyed surface objects mutely reinforcing his argument about Tyrannus' plans... It's hard to believe it's the same artist.

He's just staring at May's sweet rack.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

enigmahfc posted:

He's just staring at May's sweet rack.

That's how you get into Trouble.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'd like just one time to have someone continue asking reasonable questions whenever something inexplicable happens

"Why did that work on Lenny? He's following his own scent"
"Ahhh you see they have notoriously poor eyesight"
"Yeah but hes chasing a piece of his skin, shouldn't he be immune to his own scent"
"Ahhh you see but they also have notoriously poor olfactory senses"
"Then he wouldn't smell anything at all."
"Look man what do you want here, it worked didn't it"
"I feel like if I'm going to fight this creature I should know why it's doing something"
"IT'S REALLY, REALLY STUPID. Happy?!?"
"Yeah but then why would it bother attacking the surface world at all, why wouldn't it be in a cave chasing its own tail"
"gently caress you spiderman"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

:pwn:

• Locked thread