Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I've had "Hide your kids hide your wives" and "Oh father where art thou" sitting in my Expeditions menu for like 3 days, I don't even dare try them but I don't wanna shuffle them away either.

Also I can't beat Maxwell ELT with no deaths. I'm not sure who my 6th party member should be. I'm using Noctis, Willhelm, Tilith, Minfilia, and a friend Orlandeau with Deathbringer (his Crush weapon makes him better than Fryevia who only has an Atk debuff). Maybe Yshtola or Cecil would work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

For no deaths you need to have everyone gaurd on every fifth turn when she casts Destiny. That's hard to survive if she decimates you on the previous turn, cause your healer can't heal and instead must gaurd. You also have to keep ATK/MAG break up when you guard, so you make sure it's not expiring on that turn. Make sure the Light Resistance buff doesn't expire then either.

You may have to have the squishier members of your party guard every fourth turn as well when she uses rune and sacred song.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Got 155 relics this week with 2 days left. Can't really hate on the expedition system when I get a day and a half to run whatever 20% silly poo poo while still getting the weekly 5% moogle.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I'm playing this very casually and am still on island #2. I guess there is no way for me to get Maxwell ? I have a couple of decent 5* units like Luneth and Reberta but no Diablos or worthwhile items or materia. Is a carry impossible under these circumstances ?

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

I had been farming the BF event, and almost forgot about half price stamina on the world map. Slowly trying to go through and finish all the missions. I may actual get done by Thursday at this rate (I had already done most, just have a a fair number of 2/3 stars). Only annoying thing is figuring out who has what ability when I need to use it, and the 'evoke x' missions. Also, I have a few spots available and can make more. 632883386, my Maxwell can solo the regular event dungeon and after that I'll put my Cid back up.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
What're the best Purecrysts to grab? I'm sitting at 5 of each but I'm also sitting at 140k crimson ore right now and the only things left to buy are the 1% moogles, crysts, and evo mats that I have 100+ of already.

Nuebot posted:

I should do that be fore half energy goes away.

I've just been wasting all this on TM farming.

Kinda pointless to spend it on TM farming unless you're running something like the cavern for better Rank XP/NRG I guess.

Cartoon Man posted:

In celebration of our fantastic game's one year anniversary we've decided to postpone the FFX event and the WOL six star awakening! Instead we are proud to announce the global exclusive FOURTH Final Fantasy Type 0 event! Each week in July you can revisit the previous Type 0 events leading up to the fourth event at the end of the month!

Also with Global Exclusive awakenings for all your favorite 3* base Typoe-0 units! :shepicide:

PaybackJack posted:

Succeeded on my 60% S rank for the Moogle. Failed on a 90% B rank for burst pots.

These expeditions: :argh:

Almost every mission I'm being offered now is 12hr or 1d and A-S rank. If this keeps up I probably won't hit 160 for the week (already at 146) simply because of how drat long these take for a maybe 50% success rate. I used my free shuffle immediately this morning because I had nothing but 1d missions and they were A/S/S rank, which I have to imagine is gumi intentionally trolling me.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Hammerstein posted:

I'm playing this very casually and am still on island #2. I guess there is no way for me to get Maxwell ? I have a couple of decent 5* units like Luneth and Reberta but no Diablos or worthwhile items or materia. Is a carry impossible under these circumstances ?

A buff fryevia may be able to two shot her. I'd give it a try

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

CyberLord XP posted:

Got 155 relics this week with 2 days left. Can't really hate on the expedition system when I get a day and a half to run whatever 20% silly poo poo while still getting the weekly 5% moogle.

I have no idea how you managed that. Expeditions on average seem to take at least 8 hours and the gently caress if I'm paying for rerolls. I'm at like 110 and failed 3 expeditions. I haven't been doing them too judiciously but these longer expeditions suck. Apparently you can start them, a new one will spawn, then you can cancel the one you sent. It still costs you the money and item, but apparently that's a way to see a few extra ones. If you cancel it just goes back into your the pool so you'll still have to do it, maybe.

I suppose I can't complain that much because it wasn't terribly hard to get to 120 relics, so an extra 100 Lapis and a Summon ticket every week for free is pretty nice.

I saw the Enchanted Maze is up with the new level, gave it a run. First room: Giant Metal Cactuar, materials: holy crystal, fury stone. Go into a door. Room exit into the same room. Hmm, that's strange. Go into another door: end of maze and 1 more GMC.

Thanks Gumi.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

PaybackJack posted:

I have no idea how you managed that.

I haven't been doing them too judiciously...

Pretty much this bit. I run them pretty seriously. I've used two of the ancient coins I've gotten to refresh the list and I've cancelled a few runs to run better stuff but that's it. But I make sure stuff is running constantly.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

PaybackJack posted:

I saw the Enchanted Maze is up with the new level, gave it a run. First room: Giant Metal Cactuar, materials: holy crystal, fury stone. Go into a door. Room exit into the same room. Hmm, that's strange. Go into another door: end of maze and 1 more GMC.

Thanks Gumi.

Yeah, I'm not sure how this thing works. You can make as many mistakes as you want but the length is random? Also if you don't make mistakes the next encounter will have more enemies (1 Gigantuar -> Two King Gil Snappers etc...), but if you start a streak after failing once it won't count.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

PaybackJack posted:

I have no idea how you managed that. Expeditions on average seem to take at least 8 hours and the gently caress if I'm paying for rerolls. I'm at like 110 and failed 3 expeditions. I haven't been doing them too judiciously but these longer expeditions suck. Apparently you can start them, a new one will spawn, then you can cancel the one you sent. It still costs you the money and item, but apparently that's a way to see a few extra ones. If you cancel it just goes back into your the pool so you'll still have to do it, maybe.

That's correct, a canceled expedition is sent back to the new expedition pool. If you have less than three expeditions in the new pool it'll give you a new one. So if you have an rear end combo you could send one out w/o the item to get a new third expedition, cancel the one you just sent out to get the slot and units back, then do the new one and then finally reroll the rear end combo away for example.

For Maxwell I changed my friend unit to a Diabolos Cecil with his light resist jacked up to 95% (I haven't done the Ultros trial yet so I don't have the Hero Shield for an extra +10% light resist). Hopefully it'll help some players with getting the Maxwell unit but I doubt Cecil is going to clear that trial on his own. Summon challenges are obnoxious as hell.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

Thanks Gumi.

The new Maze level lets you re-try the floor you failed. With 3 doors you then still have the chance of one of them ending your run, but it's not 66% chance to fail immediately anymore.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Scrublord Prime posted:

For Maxwell I changed my friend unit to a Diabolos Cecil with his light resist jacked up to 95% (I haven't done the Ultros trial yet so I don't have the Hero Shield for an extra +10% light resist). Hopefully it'll help some players with getting the Maxwell unit but I doubt Cecil is going to clear that trial on his own. Summon challenges are obnoxious as hell.

Just sent you a friend request, but it says you're maxed out.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Whoops! I made room and sent you a request, IGN: Buttz.

e: If it'll help anybody else post here and I'll punt pubbies for room too.

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jun 27, 2017

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

suuma posted:

The new Maze level lets you re-try the floor you failed. With 3 doors you then still have the chance of one of them ending your run, but it's not 66% chance to fail immediately anymore.

It's three strikes and you're out.

So far my experience in the new maze: first room, miss twice, second room, miss the first and boom it's over.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
yeah this new maze is confusing back to crimson ore

friday can't come soon enough

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

In celebration of our fantastic game's one year anniversary we've decided to postpone the FFX event and the WOL six star awakening! Instead we are proud to announce the global exclusive FOURTH Final Fantasy Type 0 event! Each week in July you can revisit the previous Type 0 events leading up to the fourth event at the end of the month!

Don't even loving joke. They will do this.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
CryHavoc's Wilhelm makes me want one so bad. I used him with a 95% evade Cecil, Tillith, Ling, and Fryevia to roll over the octopus trial. Snow probably could've done it but gently caress all that.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

suuma posted:

I THINK the old maze was 66% chance of picking the right now, since two were correct right? This one is straight up 1 door is right, which even given the extra chances, means that you get hosed even worse than before.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Scrublord Prime posted:

Thanks! Now for the hard part: Getting the loving RNG to put you in the list of Companions. I've been trying for the past hour, and no luck. :argh:

Edit: And, as tends to be the case, this made you show up.

Edit 2: And I had the WRONG TEAM SELECTED SO THEY GOT NUKED! :shepicide:

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Scrublord Prime posted:

That's correct, a canceled expedition is sent back to the new expedition pool. If you have less than three expeditions in the new pool it'll give you a new one. So if you have an rear end combo you could send one out w/o the item to get a new third expedition, cancel the one you just sent out to get the slot and units back, then do the new one and then finally reroll the rear end combo away for example.

I've given up on it. The summon part makes it horribly awkward, honestly. I can field a team that is able to get the summon up pretty quickly but it's basically chain deaths trying to actually get the summon off. The difficult part is that I don't have much to work with so a gimmick fight I just have to brute force my way through. I have no provoke tank, I have no great breaker and my y'shtola dies to a stiff breeze without someone to take most of the direct damage.

I've been primarily focusing on damage because it's the easiest way to work through everything - kill it before it gets dangerous. The summon is all about survival AND still killing it which I can't do.

Is there anyone else to look out for that's a dps with atk/mag break? I have an Elza to work on so I can rely on Madness Rush for the def/spi break. The only one that comes to mind is Orlandu with Crush Weapon.

Friendly Lurker
Apr 7, 2012

IOIOIOIOIOIOIO

Scrublord Prime posted:

I could really use a carry for maxwell just can't survive more than a couple of waves.

IGN:MidBoss
ID: 482, 536, 732

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Ugato posted:

I've given up on it. The summon part makes it horribly awkward, honestly. I can field a team that is able to get the summon up pretty quickly but it's basically chain deaths trying to actually get the summon off. The difficult part is that I don't have much to work with so a gimmick fight I just have to brute force my way through. I have no provoke tank, I have no great breaker and my y'shtola dies to a stiff breeze without someone to take most of the direct damage.

I've been primarily focusing on damage because it's the easiest way to work through everything - kill it before it gets dangerous. The summon is all about survival AND still killing it which I can't do.

Is there anyone else to look out for that's a dps with atk/mag break? I have an Elza to work on so I can rely on Madness Rush for the def/spi break. The only one that comes to mind is Orlandu with Crush Weapon.

Minfilia is extremely helpful for these Trials. Light resist and Def/Spr up are really important to maintain to survive the damage he can put out.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Also if you have access to Garnet, her LB is an increase to your Esper gauge, provided you can keep her alive.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
2 days left on this ticket, almost 80 pulls later, and finally Tilith is mine!

Left me with about 35 tickets (including the two 4 star ones) to go for Rikku. Hoping my luck isn't totally awful on that banner.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
why the gently caress does Maxwell have a no KO Condition when he has a move that removes buffs and then randomly Delete someone

He can still delete someone WITH the buffs on and having his Atk/Mag broken. Why the gently caress does he have that condition

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jun 27, 2017

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Friendly Lurker posted:

I could really use a carry for maxwell just can't survive more than a couple of waves.

IGN:MidBoss
ID: 482, 536, 732

Sent you a friend request. I don't think my Cecil can solo Maxwell though, he's built to summon Diabolos for the summon challenge while having as much HP, light resist, and dual cast curaja I can squeeze on him. Hopefully he'll help you out though!

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

AegisP posted:

Also if you have access to Garnet, her LB is an increase to your Esper gauge, provided you can keep her alive.

Actually I can fill the summon bar in 2 rounds usually. I can't do absurd damage with them yet but double Setzer still hits a lot if nothing else. If I can get Minifilia up to snuff before Maxwell goes away I'll give her a shot. It's just that on a relatively new/low-level account I only have so many resources to go around. Any cacti I get generally go directly into someone that needs levels. I nearly have a (very unoptimal) team of 6* 100s now with mostly terrible gear.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Shoenin posted:

why the gently caress does Maxwell have a no KO Condition when he has a move that removes buffs and then randomly Delete someone

He can still delete someone WITH the buffs on and having his Atk/Mag broken. Why the gently caress does he have that condition

AFAIK, her 100% HP attack can't be mitigated in any form except for Guarding.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

dangerous.hotdog posted:

AFAIK, her 100% HP attack can't be mitigated in any form except for Guarding.

Isn't it a light attack so light resistance should mitigate it? I think what Shoenin's talking about is the Rune & Sacred Song combo on turn 4 where Maxwell removes all your buffs (including light resistance and any protect), buffs her own attack, then buffs your defense and light resistance before randomly exploding on you. I did the trial twice and that combo is what dropped somebody from full but not guarding. It's the only round I take significant damage in, with various light resist gear spread around, Carbunkle, and Minfilia's Shining Guard Maxwell does almost no damage until it's Rune & Sacred Song time.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I can set my friend unit back to Fryevia if y'all just need someone that can blow Maxwell up.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Scrublord Prime posted:

Isn't it a light attack so light resistance should mitigate it? I think what Shoenin's talking about is the Rune & Sacred Song combo on turn 4 where Maxwell removes all your buffs (including light resistance and any protect), buffs her own attack, then buffs your defense and light resistance before randomly exploding on you. I did the trial twice and that combo is what dropped somebody from full but not guarding. It's the only round I take significant damage in, with various light resist gear spread around, Carbunkle, and Minfilia's Shining Guard Maxwell does almost no damage until it's Rune & Sacred Song time.

Yea, I'm referring to Destiny too which is untyped magical and does 160% HP damage. Guarding causes it to do 80%. She does it right after Rune/SS on turn 5 so yea, it's a rough combo. The best way to avoid that is to push her past a threshold on T4 or T5.

Her other super hard hitting move is Meteor which is something like 4200 fixed Light damage which can be mitigated by resists.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
I have given up on Maxwell entirely. It's a waste of energy to attempt it any more when she can literally just annihilate my entire team on a whim. I've never seen neither of my Fohlens die that fast outside of Arena fights where Setzer or Dark Fina petrify both of them simultaneously because gently caress you that's why.

Maybe in a few months I'll have enough strong units to make a very specific team to take Maxwell on but for now gently caress this dumb fight.

Friendly Lurker
Apr 7, 2012

IOIOIOIOIOIOIO

Scrublord Prime posted:

Sent you a friend request. I don't think my Cecil can solo Maxwell though, he's built to summon Diabolos for the summon challenge while having as much HP, light resist, and dual cast curaja I can squeeze on him. Hopefully he'll help you out though!

I don't think I have the units to beat Maxwell still, but I did get through 6 rounds with your Cecil at least. I'll just keep throwing energy at it once in a while, still appreciate the add though, thanks!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Yea, I'm referring to Destiny too which is untyped magical and does 160% HP damage. Guarding causes it to do 80%. She does it right after Rune/SS on turn 5 so yea, it's a rough combo. The best way to avoid that is to push her past a threshold on T4 or T5.

Her other super hard hitting move is Meteor which is something like 4200 fixed Light damage which can be mitigated by resists.

Oh, I got the moves mixed up in my head. I must've always pushed a threshold on turn 5 then, I never saw Destiny proper then and thought that Meteor used at 60% was the 160% HP murder move I had mitigated via light resist. My bad!

e:

Friendly Lurker posted:

I don't think I have the units to beat Maxwell still, but I did get through 6 rounds with your Cecil at least. I'll just keep throwing energy at it once in a while, still appreciate the add though, thanks!

That's unfortunate. I know it'd be nice for newer players to get a decent 5* base like Maxwell but I don't have the bits or knowhow to make a unit that can solo Maxwell and still do the summon. I remember when I did it on the first BF event I had to cheese every turn via force-close to get both the summon orbs and not have the wrong party member explode each turn to do it. gently caress summon esper challenges.

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 27, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Fully caught up on quests, keys, and missions except for the "use an esper to beat odin" bullshit-tier mission.

Still haven't tried the 2nd Maxwell fight yet but I'll probably give it a shot the next time I see a buff Orlandu friend up with not-Excalibur equipped.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Scrublord Prime posted:

That's unfortunate. I know it'd be nice for newer players to get a decent 5* base like Maxwell but I don't have the bits or knowhow to make a unit that can solo Maxwell and still do the summon. I remember when I did it on the first BF event I had to cheese every turn via force-close to get both the summon orbs and not have the wrong party member explode each turn to do it. gently caress summon esper challenges.

Its possible to get a 150 % light resistance lightning with 100% dodge, then have another unit that can hide do so until it can summon diablos. Sadly i dont have the amount of garnets required to make that. Or i would have tried to before the event ended

Edit: now that i think about it, a 100% light res, 100% dodge noctis could just jump on turns the light debuff happens, ill test this out in a bit.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jun 27, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Evil Fluffy posted:

What're the best Purecrysts to grab? I'm sitting at 5 of each but I'm also sitting at 140k crimson ore right now and the only things left to buy are the 1% moogles, crysts, and evo mats that I have 100+ of already.

Kinda pointless to spend it on TM farming unless you're running something like the cavern for better Rank XP/NRG I guess.

I know, i'm just really burnt out on story after plowing through all of mysidia and most of the buttgas world in like, one push. I am very close to getting a second black cowl and two shine TMs done though.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Still haven't tried the 2nd Maxwell fight yet but I'll probably give it a shot the next time I see a buff Orlandu friend up with not-Excalibur equipped.

Use one of the goon Fryevias. Maxwell has really low SPR, and no ice resist, so Frost Flower Blitz absolutely shreds Maxwell. If you bring standard buffs/debuffs, the fight will be short and easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Scrublord Prime posted:

3 hours later, and the list refreshes, giving me a butt Buttz. I still failed. Thanks anyway!

• Locked thread