Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Great big baller balls of fire brand family

Ed Balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Maybe if they hadn't immediately broken up the immediately available one to have them feud amongst themselves instead

Preachin' to the choir. Splitting up Enzo and Cass right after turning Cesaro and Sheamus (which was also dumb) was, uh, dumb.

Raw needs faces so desperately in every area of the roster besides the women's division I guess where the problem is more just that three of the four faces are total garbage.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

by wrestlemania roman reigns will be the only :airquote:babyface:airquote: left in wwe

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

VJeff posted:

Preachin' to the choir. Splitting up Enzo and Cass right after turning Cesaro and Sheamus (which was also dumb) was, uh, dumb.

Raw needs faces so desperately in every area of the roster besides the women's division I guess where the problem is more just that three of the four faces are total garbage.

uhh raw has The Big Dog, why would they need or want another babyface on the show

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

LET'S GO ROMAN!!!!!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ruggington posted:

LET'S GO STROWMAN!!!!!

FTFY

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

CarlCX posted:

It really was a pretty good Raw by Raw standards, with the whole Enzo/Cass thing being absolute gold, but the booking of things like Hardyz/Shesaro, Goldust/R-Truth and basically every single thing involving Bayley continues to be baffling.

Supposedly according to someone I trust to know and this isn't a huge surprise Vince McMahon simply doesn't like Bayley. Doesn't think she is good looking, doesn't get her appeal and the part that interested me he thinks she is too concerned about being a great wrestler.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

FFS just send her back to NXT and let her be their perennial ace for the foreseeable

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Gallows and Anderson & The Revival wrestled on Main Event. Which doesn't bode well for the Revival. I always thought the main roster would be an uphill battle for them as they are too short and Southern.

But word Gallows and Anderson wanting out of WWE is getting talk recently. Anderson is particular is pretty miserable. He is willing to take the pay cut and go back to Japan.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

rovert posted:

Supposedly according to someone I trust to know and this isn't a huge surprise Vince McMahon simply doesn't like Bayley. Doesn't think she is good looking, doesn't get her appeal and the part that interested me he thinks she is too concerned about being a great wrestler.

lol i cant wait for that old fucker to die

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

But word Gallows and Anderson wanting out of WWE is getting talk recently. Anderson is particular is pretty miserable. He is willing to take the pay cut and go back to Japan.

This is the only surprising part

Like, what the gently caress did they expect? They were always going to be second place at best with Styles there, third place with Finn there, and it's only going to get worse if they ever get Kenny and/or the Bucks. And Gallows should have known that because he was already in that position in the SES where he was clearly the least favorite among Punk and Serena. They were never going to get to shine, stand out, have much fun, or have a great title reign

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol i cant wait for that old fucker to die

I will say Becky's friend Paul O'Brien on local Irish radio said someone showed Vince this promo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLb526YVkYY

So Vince let Becky do it on TV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTWT4GnBfXk

So let him live.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

i didnt say murder him, but when his body finally gives out i will be happy

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chris James 2 posted:

This is the only surprising part

Like, what the gently caress did they expect? They were always going to be second place at best with Styles there, third place with Finn there, and it's only going to get worse if they ever get Kenny and/or the Bucks. And Gallows should have known that because he was already in that position in the SES where he was clearly the least favorite among Punk and Serena. They were never going to get to shine, stand out, have much fun, or have a great title reign
My guess is Kenny Omega is looking at the current state of affairs in WWE and going "nah, I'm good with staying in Japan".

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
WWE resigned Raymond for the French announce team: https://twitter.com/LutteQuebec/status/879676252088610817

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Eli Wiggum posted:

I wish I was a fly on the wall backstage when Lamelo Ball said that

And I wish I had a rolled up newspaper,

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Nigga is the N word? I thought the 'er' version is?

Honestly if you take this point of view Miz practically got complimented I hope our next gimmick for him is "G Card Miz".

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I mean, there's really no reason to come to WWE at this point unless you're destitute

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

RacistGuidingLight posted:

And I wish I had a rolled up newspaper,
thanks vince

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

I mean, there's really no reason to come to WWE at this point unless you're destitute

Enjoy indy Lio Rush/non-205 Live Lio Rush while you can

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Vince Mcmahon was always good

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
When Bayley quits and goes to Stardom right after Hunter finished raiding it, Hunter will give Vince a shoot pedigree.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Just send Bailey and The Revival back to NXT. Then let NXT be its own thing.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bumper Stickup posted:

Just send Bailey and The Revival back to NXT. Then let NXT be its own thing.

Bayley obviously misses NXT

The Revival I think would just leave in general. Main roster money is better and they would probably get at least that on the indies, albeit as a package deal

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
It could be worse. We know how Vince treats his friends, imagine all the crawling on the floor barking-promos he'd book Bayley in if he actually liked her.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yeah I'm glad that pro wrestling is an industry notorious for not paying people enough or anything.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

NXT should just stop being the "development" brand and be an alternative thing on its own.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Codependent Poster posted:

NXT should just stop being the "development" brand and be an alternative thing on its own.

It kind of has been for a while now, ever since they started picking off every major indie star instead of focusing on their PC talent.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Wwe really is the place where good wrestlers go to retire now.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The_Rob posted:

Wwe really is the place where good wrestlers* go to retire now.

*and Eric Young

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

*and Eric Young

Eric Young is cool and good and my friend. Please don't talk bad about him.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
It's where the Old Boys play

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I hope Lavar gets to fight Jinder.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Eric Young's head is shaped like a light bulb.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
NXT hasn't been developmental in ages. I mean, earlier this year there were rumblings that Peyton Royce was planned to win the women's title sometime this year, and after the Mae Young Classic, I'll be surprised if they have time for her on tv.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They still treat it like it isn't meaningful like Raw or Smackdown. People get called up from it. Wrestlers who debut on Smackdown or Raw from NXT are called rookies. It's half-development and half-indie light. So they should just ditch the "development" aspects of it and have it on the same level as Raw and Smackdown.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

They dropped the ball big time with Gallows and Anderson by just making them Another WWE Tag Team. Bringing Styles/Balor/Gallows/Anderson together for a dominant stable is the easiest thing and they didn't do it. I hope Gallows and Anderson go back to Japan.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Vaguido posted:

NXT hasn't been developmental in ages. I mean, earlier this year there were rumblings that Peyton Royce was planned to win the women's title sometime this year, and after the Mae Young Classic, I'll be surprised if they have time for her on tv.

I am the one who said this. In my defence Peyton has been consistently used this year unlike some others so far. Had very competitive matches with Asuka and Ember Moon in March and last week respectively.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

rovert posted:

I am the one who said this. In my defence Peyton has been consistently used this year unlike some others so far. Had very competitive matches with Asuka and Ember Moon in March and last week respectively.

No need to defend. Obviously plans change. But if even half of the women in this tournament sign, I doubt we'll see any home grown women on NXT TV for a long while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Vaguido posted:

No need to defend. Obviously plans change. But if even half of the women in this tournament sign, I doubt we'll see any home grown women on NXT TV for a long while.
Good just have the home grown people be PR and keep signing high end indie workers

• Locked thread