Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Cave zOWNd
Dec 22, 2006

Trixie bravely turned her tail and fled

And there was much rejoicing.

Fister Roboto posted:

You can't overmeld primary stat materia, so this won't be true even with grade 6 materia. Maybe if they add grade 7 during SB, but you'd still have the problem of the strength just not growing.

poo poo, you're right. That just makes it even worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

ill probably run two 270 slaying accessories with vit melded and the rest vit accessories or something

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Harrow posted:

This is true, but they're still bottom of the barrel in actual DPS, too. To a certain degree that's intentional--you can figure out what S-E wants their DPS to look like compared to other jobs using the SSS dummies' HP values--but it's definitely worth noting. (And MCH is underperforming where it's supposed to be, I think--it should be higher than BRD, going by the apparent design intention, but it's actually lower right now.)

Obviously they're helped a bit by being the jobs most able to do DPS on the move, and also because they both provide really desirable utility (more so for BRD than MCH, but they do both have Tactician and Refresh).

Yeah, I just mean it has way more to do with missing Hawk's Eye and Blood for Blood, and Raging Strikes being a shadow of it's former self, than it does their potency. Burst is way, way down. Their sustain is actually pretty decent now though.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I refuse to wear i270 slaying stuff on my warrior ffs square

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Mystic Cave zOWNd posted:

poo poo, you're right. That just makes it even worse.

Yep, the main problem is that DPS mainstats will keep going up on the rightside while Tank numbers are stuck.

Am I missing something or would the simplest solution be to just add STR to Fending accessories and block us from melding STR to them? You know, like every other role?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ouhei posted:

Yep, the main problem is that DPS mainstats will keep going up on the rightside while Tank numbers are stuck.

Am I missing something or would the simplest solution be to just add STR to Fending accessories and block us from melding STR to them? You know, like every other role?

no, simplest solution would be to tie vit back to tank dps and change weakness to a 20% less damage done or something.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Amgard posted:

Bhavacakra is your opportunistic nuke, and always performs best woven into TA. It translates into less damage than TCJ and because it's Unaspected it doesn't benefit from Shadow Fang's slashing debuff.

Correction: Bhavacakra is physical slashing that says it's unaspected, just like poison traits only benefit physical despite saying "all damage." This is something I alluded to in the DRG post. It's unclear to me which way the conflicting tooltips will change, but people evidently have reason to believe it's supposed to be poison physical, baka magical?

Mister Olympus fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jun 27, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

please knock Mom! posted:

I refuse to wear i270 slaying stuff on my warrior ffs square

You're losing out on a lot of DPS.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Holyshoot posted:

no, simplest solution would be to tie vit back to tank dps and change weakness to a 20% less damage done or something.

That seems like a more complicated solution code wise though...

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mr. Nice! posted:

I've relegated warrior to fast queue role for now. This situation has to be an oversight or mistake of some sort.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

When I'm getting started with PotD leveling for the first time, should I solo for a while until my aetherpool weapon/armor are at a certain point so I don't drag down groups I get matched with? Or will other people queuing for the starter floors probably be in the same boat so it'd mostly be a bunch of PotD newbies together?

EDIT: Alternatively, is PvP leveling the way to go now, or is that only really worth it post-60?

Harrow fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jun 27, 2017

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Actually I really liked BLM in ARR so this sounds all good to me. I haven't tried SB BLM yet either but from what i've seen it looks really good.

Yeah I preferred ARR BLM to HW, keeping enochian up was an immense pain in the dick

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ouhei posted:

That seems like a more complicated solution code wise though...

reverse echo of some sorts

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Harrow posted:

Unfortunate thing about the leveling jump potions: they don't give you the AF set from your 60 job quest. :smith: You can't even get it from the Calamity Salvager, though you can get your first AF set at least (the level 45-50 one).

Guess that's what I'll be spending Centurio Seals on for a bit, since I'm pretty sure you can still get them that way at least.

Harrow posted:

I would assume so, because that's roughly the same situation you're in if you use a jump potion to 60. They might add it to the Calamity Salvager in the future--they might've just overlooked it for now.

The situation was the same in HW, which added AF2 (I'll continue calling it that :colbert:) to ARR class quests, ie. the AF1 recolor that used to be the very first capped tome gear (IIRC). You can still get it by respecting the content and collecting "antique" tokens in Snowcloak/Sastasha hard/Qarn hard. And the HW artifact gear is still on hunt vendors. Even people who did the class quests before SB launched have to get them that way, not just jump potioneers.

This is unlikely to be an oversight - items on the salvager are there because there's no source for the item anymore (eg. because it's a legacy item or a one-time quest/achievement reward like relics and the very first artifact gear you got). Gear that was on tomes is later found elsewhere (dungeon drops in early ARR, hunts in late ARR and in HW) or can still be collected as before (primal gear), it was never added to salvagers.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

please knock Mom! posted:

I've relegated warrior to fast queue role for now. This situation has to be an oversight or mistake of some sort.

Its a massive tank nerf is what it is.

As far as difficulty in staying ahead on hate, that's not really a problem if your OT and MT have shirk. Shirk is so good. Shirk during max dps opener if any DPS gets close and then shirk immediately after provoke on any swaps.

If you really wanna get coordinated you could OT Provoke, MT shirk then provoke, OT shirk and get an near insurmountable lead instantly.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The max ilevel for this expansion is 315 right? At least until patches?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm in this boat too as a WAR and it is goddamn annoying. Unless it actively and obviously inhibits my tanking (and it hasn't yet) I'm not wearing the old slaying accessories. I mean, it makes sense for tanks to wear the gear since the gains are material. But the way it's gone about feels almost like an exploit and I just don't like it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

They could have just not restricted jewelry by role and actually trusted players to make their own decisions on that end, and also not screwed over tanks outside of group content.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Or just not have reversed the VIT mainstat thing

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Yeah, I liked being able to need on my tank jewelry when I'm running my tank, though I suppose that they "fixed" that too.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I like easy mode DRK so far at level 60, but i never really played it much before

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

imho the weakness change having anything to do with it is bullshit. Oh no, tanks will only lose 12.5% of their damage after dying instead of 25%. This egregious balancing issue must be rectified.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Fister Roboto posted:

imho the weakness change having anything to do with it is bullshit. Oh no, tanks will only lose 12.5% of their damage after dying instead of 25%. This egregious balancing issue must be rectified.

It's double bullshit because if that were the problem then they could have just changed weakness to "damage/healing done -x%"

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I have a feeling that SE is going to correct this pretty soon since "lower ilvl items are actually bis" is something they tried to avoid in the past.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Mister Olympus posted:

Correction: Bhavacakra is physical slashing that says it's unaspected, just like poison traits only benefit physical despite saying "all damage." This is something I alluded to in the DRG post. It's unclear to me which way the conflicting tooltips will change, but people evidently have reason to believe it's supposed to be poison physical, baka magical?

Bhavacakra definitely does not benefit from dripping blades, but based on my testing seems to be affected by slashing resistance down.

Which would make it...non-physical slashing damage?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

SirPhoebos posted:

I have a feeling that SE is going to correct this pretty soon since "lower ilvl items are actually bis" is something they tried to avoid in the past.

Good, tanks need another nerf

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ryanbomber posted:

It's double bullshit because if that were the problem then they could have just changed weakness to "damage/healing done -x%"

They could probably get rid of the healing part too, because reducing your healers' healing output by 25% will cause death spirals in ways that -15% vit ever could.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Honestly:

I think the Weakness mechanic is kind of dumb? I get they want there to be a punishment for death but I don't think it adds much on top of the fact that you lose all your resources when you die. That's already a harsh punishment that can ruin someone's run, throwing on an extra damage reduction feels like adding insult to injury. If it was one or the other it'd be fine but both is eeeh.

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

VHGS posted:

Bhavacakra definitely does not benefit from dripping blades, but based on my testing seems to be affected by slashing resistance down.

Which would make it...non-physical slashing damage?

Well that's not intuitive!

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

SirPhoebos posted:

I would bet cash money that the fix will be "i270 slaying accessories are class locked now" or "you can no longer swap gear inside an instance if it would put you below the minimum ilevel for the duty".

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly:

I think the Weakness mechanic is kind of dumb? I get they want there to be a punishment for death but I don't think it adds much on top of the fact that you lose all your resources when you die. That's already a harsh punishment that can ruin someone's run, throwing on an extra damage reduction feels like adding insult to injury. If it was one or the other it'd be fine but both is eeeh.

My limited understanding is that it's to prevent effortless mechanic cheating. If a fight has a mechanic that can be avoided/mitigated by someone dying and being rezzed, that's what people will do. Weakness prevents that from being a mostly painless choice by nerfing the damage/healing of that party member.

Otherwise you'd have black mages being sacrificed left, right, and center to mechanics since they can recover full mana in seconds with Umbral Ice, then mana shift the healer that rezzed them to recover that as well. Only limit would be number of Swiftcast rezzes available, which is now effectively infinite with RDM in play as well.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Amgard posted:

Well that's not intuitive!

Like I said, chances are it's a bug more than anything.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Gate posted:

My limited understanding is that it's to prevent effortless mechanic cheating. If a fight has a mechanic that can be avoided/mitigated by someone dying and being rezzed, that's what people will do. Weakness prevents that from being a mostly painless choice by nerfing the damage/healing of that party member.

Otherwise you'd have black mages being sacrificed left, right, and center to mechanics since they can recover full mana in seconds with Umbral Ice, then mana shift the healer that rezzed them to recover that as well. Only limit would be number of Swiftcast rezzes available, which is now effectively infinite with RDM in play as well.

That does make sense actually.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Can you place macros on your hot bar like skills? For example

/hotbar action "Anticipation" Y Z

Would I put the macro name in the "" ?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

That does make sense actually.

There was a mechanic in A4S where it was easier to just let people die and rez them, even with weakness. If they got rid of weakness entirely you'd see that all the time.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Numbers I'm hearing for Tenacity sure look like either hot garbage or horribly bugged.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly:

It's also the only loving thing that makes pubbies release and run back instead of waiting on the floor and complaining, and I'd give up 50% of my total health on death for that.

SirPhoebos posted:

If they'd thought it through, omega stuff will hit hard enough that you need the vit. With shirk especially, threat shouldn't really ever be an issue, regardless of how much less damage the tank is doing.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

Its a massive tank nerf is what it is.

As far as difficulty in staying ahead on hate, that's not really a problem if your OT and MT have shirk. Shirk is so good. Shirk during max dps opener if any DPS gets close and then shirk immediately after provoke on any swaps.

If you really wanna get coordinated you could OT Provoke, MT shirk then provoke, OT shirk and get an near insurmountable lead instantly.

With a good enough threat lead you can actually maintain hate forever without ever attacking just because of the fact that Provoke+Shirk scales exponentially, which is pretty hilarious.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly:

Please look forward to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

Can you place macros on your hot bar like skills? For example

/hotbar action "Anticipation" Y Z

Would I put the macro name in the "" ?

As far as I'm aware you can't. What you can do is set up an identical hotbar on another class and then use a command to swap it to the one you want. /hotbar swap LNC 9 PLD 2 would take whatever's on your 9th lancer hotbar and put it on your 2nd paladin hotbar.