Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

The Glumslinger posted:

He is an MD, its optometrists who don't go to med school

Though he isn't board accredited after getting into a fight with the real ophthalmology board and decided to make his own with hookers and blackjack without standards.

Pand Raul seems like one of those people who encounters unusual amounts of friction in everything he does and never once considers the possibility that he's causing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
https://twitter.com/nwmalinowski/status/879702671485161473

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

time to frighten the poo poo out of your local R representative, good people of America

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

"By golly! I can't believe such a thing could happen! I mean, he wasn't BLACK black, you know?"

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Lote posted:

I hope this is just a really cynical and low key burn on ophthalmologists because :lol: well played.

Quick, give me the name of a Republican politician who also happens to be a dentist so I can go after them, too.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

BootStrap posted:

Didn't he start his own accrediting agency because he didn't want to follow KY guidelines?

edit: He is not accredited by the American Board of Opthamology, the industry standard.

http://www.salon.com/2010/06/14/rand_2/

Yeah, my mom has basically been in a blood feud with him well before he ran for office. Probably the only person on earth my mom hates more than him is this one hollywood Ophthalmologist who is a huge figure in the anti-vaxx circuit

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This actually made my eye twitch.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Like I don't understand how that even happens. Cops already on the scene figured out who he was so another cop just strolls up and shoots him for what reason? This dumb loving country.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

evilweasel posted:

yeah, but with $700b in medicaid cuts and a $200b slush fund, some relatively simple math suggests that if McConnell really needed to, he could easily pay for a "medicaid cuts, except for alaska, which gets an extra 5% medicaid bonus because of...reasons"

the only problem is then you've got every other expansion state senator asking for an equally huge handout and 200b might not be enough to go around, and might piss off lee/cruz enough they torpedo it with paul

The big problem is going to be Planned Parenthood; they provide a lot of care for women in rural Alaska, and gutting their funding is going to screw the state over hard. They could give Alaska more money to make up for Medicaid cuts, but I don't see how they fix the Planned Parenthood issue without pissing off the whole "this bill isn't evil enough" contingent.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

The Glumslinger posted:

Yeah, my mom has basically been in a blood feud with him well before he ran for office. Probably the only person on earth my mom hates more than him is this one hollywood Ophthalmologist who is a huge figure in the anti-vaxx circuit

what's the name of your mom's campaign fund

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/LaurenSivan/status/879759916235345920

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Who would have guessed the systemic racism doesn't suddenly stop at the blue line?

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Invalid Validation posted:

Like I don't understand how that even happens. Cops already on the scene figured out who he was so another cop just strolls up and shoots him for what reason? This dumb loving country.

First cops recognized him. Arriving cop didn't and just saw black man moving of his own free will. So his training took over and he fired as fast as possible.

Miracle the black officer isn't dead.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Hastings posted:

"By golly! I can't believe such a thing could happen! I mean, he wasn't BLACK black, you know?"

His attorney is black and apparently the statement was incredibly bitter, did not translate to text well

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Invalid Validation posted:

In his defense, he really wanted to shoot someone and who knows if he'll ever get another chance.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/879696851674566656

Earlier this month the R leadership were talking of the importance of getting this passed before the end of the month, hope they were right.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Punting

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/879760541383897088

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

He's not wrong.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Gee, what a shock.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
E: nevermind, misread

Boon fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jun 27, 2017

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Drunk Theory posted:

First cops recognized him. Arriving cop didn't and just saw black man moving of his own free will. So his training took over and he fired as fast as possible.

Miracle the black officer isn't dead.

i am not an expert but "training took over" seems like...a bit of a mis-characterization.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Nice, now I can pretend to be happy around the family for the holiday.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Boon posted:

gently caress Collins and the GOP and all, but the fall has nothing to do with the healthcare bill. You probably know that but it seems a slough of posters after you do not...

yeah i am just pleased as all hell a shitlord gop congressman lost $17 million today and other gop reps probably lost some too

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
Guys we are gonna get some good tweets today.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

evilweasel posted:

yeah i am just pleased as all hell a shitlord gop congressman lost $17 million today and other gop reps probably lost some too

Yeah I misread, apologies.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
So how do we avoid a repeat of what happened in the House? Pray the slimmer margin in the Senate saves us? This is following the same path...

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
drat they really screwed up this healthcare thing. What a shitshow.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Elotana posted:

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/879755971391885313

I'm guessing Trump nodded and agreed with everything Rand said

So in case it's not obvious what's going on, Trump is doing what he always does: pulling a bait-and-switch on his allies to come out on top after it becomes obvious poo poo is hosed.

He saw how massively unpopular the bill is, so he first called it "mean" and now he says he wants to make it "better." This is so that when the bill fails and/or passes and causes massive damage, he can say "it wasn't my fault!"

The goal is to make people forget that it was him who was adamantly pushing Congress to get a bill on his table to sign ASAP.

To be clear, this isn't some sort of political grand play. It's just the best scheme Trump's idiotic brain can come up with because he has such a simplistic and shallow view of everything.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Can't wait for spicy time.

Trump may make him stab himself so he can get some eyeballs away from the senate disaster.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Javes posted:

So how do we avoid a repeat of what happened in the House? Pray the slimmer margin in the Senate saves us? This is following the same path...

We all must work hard to improve the quality of our posts on this forum. Only then may this bill possibly die.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

skylined! posted:

i am not an expert but "training took over" seems like...a bit of a mis-characterization.

Even if this guy weren't a cop, if you see an unidentified person walking around suspiciously, why is your first instinct to pull your gun out and shoot him instead of saying "hey, who are you?"

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Javes posted:

Basically that the hope. In the House the they had a much larger margin for error on the vote, on top of that fact that all of their seats are gerrymandered to hell, so they can feel safer taking a risky vote.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

There Bias Two posted:

Even if this guy weren't a cop, if you see an unidentified person walking around suspiciously, why is your first instinct to pull your gun out and shoot him instead of saying "hey, who are you?"

because community policing is dead, everyone is viewed as a threat and he knows he won't be punished if he just wastes someone

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

The Glumslinger posted:

Basically that the hope. In the House the they had a much larger margin for error on the vote, on top of that fact that all of their seats are gerrymandered to hell, so they can feel safer taking a risky vote.

Ryan needed to wrangle just 91% of his group. McConnell has to hold 96% of the GOP Senators.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

The Glumslinger posted:

also, the moderates were promised the senate would fix it and the bill they were voting on wasn't real so it was ok if they caved, a sell that is somewhat harder to make in the senate

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

scott adams posted:

So in case it's not obvious what's going on, Trump is doing what he always does: coming out on top.

He saw how massively unpopular the bill is, so he first called it "mean" and now he says he wants to make it "better." This is so that when the bill fails and/or passes and causes massive damage, he can say "it wasn't my fault!"

This is a political grand play. It's the best scheme Trump's genius brain came up with because he has such a complex and deep view of everything.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

There Bias Two posted:

When you conflate Castle Doctrine with my body is my temple.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

enraged_camel posted:

So in case it's not obvious what's going on, Trump is doing what he always does: pulling a bait-and-switch on his allies to come out on top after it becomes obvious poo poo is hosed.

The goal is to make people forget that it was him who was adamantly pushing Congress to get a bill on his table to sign ASAP.

To be clear, this isn't some sort of political grand play. It's just the best scheme Trump's idiotic brain can come up with because he has such a simplistic and shallow view of everything.

you're giving trump too much credit

what happened is that trump just agrees with people when they talk to him, it's a constant problem for the white house that he believes whoever talked to him last

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Dem fundraising efforts are so bad.

First I have Jason Kander begging me for money for his let America vote poo poo every loving day.

Next I have generic democratic poo poo from the old OFA list. Just got an obviously scheduled email from Debra Messing about the Senate's bill that will be voted on this week. Guys, you don't have to have an email begging for money go out every 10 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

There Bias Two posted:

we're at the point where white police officers are spending significant amounts of time thinking up new ways to shoot black people. Really pushing the envelope, figuring out how to generate original headlines.

the situation is analogous to nfl touchdown celebration dance evolution from the 70s up through the early 2000s, except the NFL actually cracked down on them and started punishing offenders.

• Locked thread