Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

GramCracker posted:

Piston fires out of the block taking a chunk of Are Nando's head with it. :qq:

Nando ducks with his animal reflexes. Piston brains Massa. He can finally retire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Nando ducks with his animal reflexes. Piston brains Massa. He can finally retire.

"I am ducking...like an, ANIMAL!"

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Update on my reading experience with Are Ross' book. I'm about 1/4 of the way through and it's hard to put down. The book reads as a dialogue between Ross and Adam Parr, which is great because you really get his insights on his experiences and career. I'm reading a bit about how he came to Ferrari and brought the culture togehter and then he goes on to explain that he had an entire plan set in place for when he left, but as soon as he left the organization digressed into it's old ways. There are a lot of comments here and there that made me have "ah-ha!" moments and I can tie them to Our Arrivabene and see how things that Are Ross did back in the day for success (ie. no talking to the media, let the PR guys do that, etc.) seem to be being mirrored for The Scud's 2017 efforts.

Really solid book so far and I'd encourage you poop posters to go read it.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Out of interest which bt sports channel hosts the indycar?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Theophany posted:

Max Chilton, Will Stevens & Jolyon Palmer. A triple threat of terrible.

Chilton led for the most laps at the indy 500. Will Stevens has two WEC wins and a second place out of the the three races he did last year, came first in his class this year at Le Mans, and won the last Blancpain GT Series race.

Palmer in no way belongs in the same sentence as those two, when daddy inevitably starts paying out for his younger brother's race seats Jollyon will be doing track walks with executives on corporate away days at brands hatch.

:colbert:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Max Chilton falls squarely into the "We really didn't get a good judgement of his driving skill because he was driving for loving Marussia". He's not bad in Indy, but not particularly impressive either. For what it's worth, he's doing better than he was last year (average finish at this point of the season: 16.6 last year vs 11.6 this year).

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Happy Tuesday, folks: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bull-mileage-mclaren-f1-2017-924077/

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

aequalis posted:

So I've made a small album of my 7 year old niece's go kart meet from a couple of weekends ago.

Super cute. My older boy just turned 4, and since I don't know a carb from a piston I could never crew for him, but I'd still like to get him out to the rental tracks for fun when he's ready.

learnincurve posted:

Drivers are just going to have to punch each other in the face after the race and sort it out between themselves.

Seb v Lewis slap fight please!

To me it looked like Hamilton might have caught him napping a bit, but as much as I dislike Lewis I can't really blame him that much. He had control of the pace. Vettel definitely shouldn't have rammed into him after, but I can see him being pissed. I'm not sure if it's obvious he intentionally made contact, or he was just too busy waving his hands at him and just didn't have control of the car. In any case, it's entertaining.

wicka posted:

Kind of. They didn't see an improvement in lap time but they saw a higher top speed. Their test also didn't include all the new parts and mappings they've brought to recent races.

Sounds like someone at Honda has been using complex algorithms to determine optimal integration of engine performance parameters... or just adjusting the sliders...

SPEED: |--------------------------------------------||------|
ACCEL: |-------------------||-------------------------------|
HANDL: |--------------------------------||------------------|

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Out of interest which bt sports channel hosts the indycar?

BT Sports ESPN

learnincurve posted:

Chilton led for the most laps at the indy 500. Will Stevens has two WEC wins and a second place out of the the three races he did last year, came first in his class this year at Le Mans, and won the last Blancpain GT Series race.

Palmer in no way belongs in the same sentence as those two, when daddy inevitably starts paying out for his younger brother's race seats Jollyon will be doing track walks with executives on corporate away days at brands hatch.

:colbert:

Ah, yes, WEC. The place F1 careers go to die. Jolyon is also a GP2 champ, which neither Chilton or Stevens are, so I guess they all have meaningless titles to their names.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

CratSock posted:

Super cute. My older boy just turned 4, and since I don't know a carb from a piston I could never crew for him, but I'd still like to get him out to the rental tracks for fun when he's ready.

Seb v Lewis slap fight please!

To me it looked like Hamilton might have caught him napping a bit, but as much as I dislike Lewis I can't really blame him that much. He had control of the pace. Vettel definitely shouldn't have rammed into him after, but I can see him being pissed. I'm not sure if it's obvious he intentionally made contact, or he was just too busy waving his hands at him and just didn't have control of the car. In any case, it's entertaining.

Sounds like someone at Honda has been using complex algorithms to determine optimal integration of engine performance parameters... or just adjusting the sliders...

SPEED: |--------------------------------------------||------|
ACCEL: |-------------------||-------------------------------|
HANDL: |--------------------------------||------------------|

McLaren Honda 2017: Just adjusting the sliders.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I seriously can't wait for Honda to catch fire in Austria as Nando is leading.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

God help me

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

God help me

Just straight up perma ban me if that happens

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

aequalis posted:

I really like the Nando livery too on the kart, she's still not sure what type of helmet livery she wants, but it needs to be pink, but not Ocon pink.

how 'bout Dale Earnhardt pink?

Or Shirley Muldowney

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jun 27, 2017

Autech
Jun 6, 2008

The Brazilian Legkick Machine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwJTfFKkWRA

Eric Cartman wants his F1 steering wheel back.

Autech fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jun 27, 2017

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

learnincurve posted:

It's the FIA not wanting to intervene unless they absolutely have to thing again. He'd just had a penalty of his head rest's making,

Errhh, no. That was before his headrest came loose.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Errhh, no. That was before his headrest came loose.

Timeline was; crash with Seb, investigation underway, red flag, headrest not put back on properly/car bent so it wouldn't fit without tape, pit for headrest and tape, penalty for Seb announced.

It was insanity on track, they were absolutely not going to punish Lewis during the race for something that needed a poo poo load of technical data to prove, especially after they had just told him to come in to fix the car.

I like the new stewards leave them the gently caress alone thing. Sure it was Lewis who may or may not have gained an advantage, and he's a prick, but no one will be bitching if it's Nando next time .

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Probate me one month for every point Lance Stroll has over the McLarens at the end of the season & make my probation reason a picture of Stroll's head on the Lou Ferrigno Hulk. :toxx:

So, because I'm a nice girl (and no one saw Stroll finishing on the podium this year, at all), I'm going to offer you somewhat of an out. If you make a donation to a racer founded or supported charity (either F1 or Indy Car driver) at the end of the season based on the point differential, I will only give you a month off, assuming Stroll does indeed finish ahead of the McLaren point total.

For example, if you donated, say, 30 USD to the Fernando Alonso Foundation (2 dollars for every point), I'll reduce your sentence to a month. Minimum, however, is a 5 dollar donation (or similar amount in your local currency).

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

lmao good poo poo

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

lmao good poo poo

io is Good And Cool.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

iospace posted:

So, because I'm a nice girl (and no one saw Stroll finishing on the podium this year, at all), I'm going to offer you somewhat of an out. If you make a donation to a racer founded or supported charity (either F1 or Indy Car driver) at the end of the season based on the point differential, I will only give you a month off, assuming Stroll does indeed finish ahead of the McLaren point total.

For example, if you donated, say, 30 USD to the Fernando Alonso Foundation (2 dollars for every point), I'll reduce your sentence to a month. Minimum, however, is a 5 dollar donation (or similar amount in your local currency).

Do the proceeds from the Alonso foundation go towards engineering textbooks for engine manufacturers in need?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

poty posted:

Do the proceeds from the Alonso foundation go towards engineering textbooks for engine manufacturers in need?

Unfortunately, no. If someone does know of such a foundation, please inform them of Honda's plight.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Lolllll https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bull-mileage-mclaren-f1-2017-924077/

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

I can't wrap my mind around a team delivering an even less reliable than Honda is, but there it is.

As for Petulance (deserves a capital P), Max did a no show for the press amd got fined 25k by the FIA. Will he become F1's Next Lewis Hamilton?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Frog man is having a dog of a season, holy crap.

Also the renault engine is really that bad?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

DoctorGonzo posted:

Frog man is having a dog of a season career, holy crap.

Yeah the frog is quite the poor driver.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also i got the six for forgeting Kimi, Io should have told me to eat an ice cream or get drunk. VERY UNFAIR!!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I got 12 points in the predictor, 2 for the race, 5 for Lewis being on pole and 5 for believing in Fernando.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DoctorGonzo posted:

Also i got the six for forgeting Kimi, Io should have told me to eat an ice cream or get drunk. VERY UNFAIR!!

have a poo poo instead

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GramCracker posted:

have a poo poo instead

Im screaming at my coworkers for their gently caress ups right now

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

LochNessMonster posted:

I can't wrap my mind around a team delivering an even less reliable than Honda is, but there it is.

As for Petulance (deserves a capital P), Max did a no show for the press amd got fined 25k by the FIA. Will he become F1's Next Lewis Hamilton?

if i was a baller f1 driver, i wouldnt mind paying 25k to not talk to the shite press

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

What if you were an completely Un-baller f1 driver like max?

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

true, poor pauper max only makes a measly 3 mil per yr

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

learnincurve posted:

I got 12 points in the predictor, 2 for the race, 5 for Lewis being on pole and 5 for believing in Fernando.

I got 22. Rather embarrassing that it's more than I got on some of the more normal (predictable) races.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

I'm reasonably confident we're going to see a piston ejected from the engine and bean some kid in the crowd.

What odds are we talking here? I've got :10bux: burning a hole in my pocket and I'm feeling lucky!

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?

DoctorGonzo posted:

Well Renault (team) and Toro Rosso are running Renaults too and they've all got higher mileage. Red Bull is just bad. Sad!

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorGonzo posted:

It's not anywhere near Honda bad but it's down on power.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

You just know that if Alonso leaves McLaren, that Honda engine becomes gold, he's pretty much BLA for the last 10 years as far as championships goes, he should be a 4 time champ

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

1500quidporsche posted:

This would own. Fiery payback against the competition as Alonso streaks over the finish line in first place. I doubt he'd lift until after the victory lap unless the car literally disintegrated around him. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

DoctorGonzo posted:

I don't think Max has any mechanical sympathy for his cars, taking a guess. He just goes flat out and wonders why it blows up

• Locked thread