Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Esoteric Scientist posted:

hi pick

I [27/m] saw my coworker's girlfriend do something really disgusting and couldn't shake her hand/look her in the eye. Now he's telling people I'm rude. What should I do?

Man up and shake, it's not like she offered you a chocolate covered pretzel.

What you think about her [18 F] behavior towards me [18 M] ?

quote:

I’m in a class with her, i always thought talk to her to know how she was, but at that time she was with a friend of her, so i didn´t try. One day she came late to class and sat next to me and ask me what the teacher have said. Some days later, i decided to sit where she always sit in that classroom. When she came, she sit next to me and ask me about the movie we where watching because she didn't come the day before.

I told her what i knew about the movie and we started talking, she ask me what i was studying, from where i came. She told me she didn't know someone from my city and she made jokes about my accent, i did it too about her accent. Then she asked me for my number, i gave her a wrong number and we make fun of that. (This day she told me her friend retired that class). When the class was finished, we walked together and she started asking me to told her about me, to notice more my accent, then we took differents routes.

The next class i sat with her and we started talking in class, she noticed that i have a spot in my neck that looks like a tracheotomy and start making jokes about it. I continue joking about it and we laugh a lot. She start searching for me in Facebook but i didn’t tell her what profile it was because i don’t have pictures, and i was scared (silly but i acted like that). She tried to take pictures of me during the class and i avoided it (i don’t like photos). (At night when we talk in Whatsapp she sent me one pic of my of that day so i could put it in Whatsapp profile (i didn’t have a pic)).

At the end of the class she took her hair, put some makeup and she ask me what if i like her necklace, that day was Friday we walk for a moment then we say good bye because a friend of her was waiting her.

One day, was drizzling and she ask me where i was going after class, i told her maybe to my house or the library. We walked together after class and she told me if i was going to the library she will make me company because at that hour the transport to her home was horrible.

At the entrance of the building she hold my arm with her hand and made a lot of pressure, i don’t know why. Then she guided me for a spot in the library and we take a sit. We were talking and joking for moments and making our own stuff, one moment she tried to take a Snapchat of me, she did it, but i took her phone and delete it (now i think it was wrong). At the end she ask me if i was going, to go together. I agreed to go and she hold my arm with her arm very strong and we go out. At the exit was the same, was raining a bit and she took my arm with her hand (how we entered at the building) and made pressure. I took her also from her arm and i made pressure until she said i was hurting her (for fun i guess).
Then she asked me if i want something to eat in a bakery, we go there and talk for a while. There she asked me if i have girlfriend and i said no, i ask her and she said no, that she had one the last semester.( A day before, she asked me how she could answer her boyfriend if i took her phone, i took it because we where in a quiz at the computer and she was using her phone, we where together in the quiz. To me this was weird, said that she had boyfriend but after she said no). After the question about our relationships we continue talking about other stuff until we said good bye.

Today she told me she will came late to class. When she came she told me was drunk and “a little sick” (our class is at the afternoon). She go out of the classroom because 2 friends were there. Then she told me that after class she will continue drinking and that she would meet a friend (girl) from her school. After she would meet with 2 other friends that were drinking (males and in different places). This made me felt a little angry and sad (jealous i suppose).

I'm a little shy, but and she looks very confident, we laugh a lot in class, sometimes she seems interested (ask me a lot of questions, tickle me, pinch me, try to take pics of me). But later she don’t seems that interested.

From what i saw with the friend (male) she used to go to class, she don’t act like that with him, they don’t talked to much, and i don’t saw she her laughing with him, from what i could see.

She answer to my messages via Whatsapp after a couple of hours, a few times even don’t answer (i sent her sometimes stupid stuff, maybe that doesn’t help). But when i’m with her in class she uses Whatsapp very frequently.

Sometimes she tickle me because i told her i laugh easily. She pinch me in my arms and torso when i make her laugh about something, generally if she said something and i make a joke out of that. I tried to tickle her but she told me she don't felt anything in her torso, legs, etc. She says she only felt it in her back and head.

So i don't know if this is how she is with other people (tickle, pinch, ask that kind of questions) or if she is really interested. Once, she joke that my password was something like: "i like her name"
What should i do to know if she is really interested? Or if this is how she is, and is only being nice with me.

tl;dr: I met her 1 week ago, we started talking but i don’t undestand her behavior.

dudeness fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jun 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Pick is trying hard to have a new gimmick, but Lottery of Babylon already does that gimmick and much better.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Esoteric Scientist posted:

hi pick

I [27/m] saw my coworker's girlfriend do something really disgusting and couldn't shake her hand/look her in the eye. Now he's telling people I'm rude. What should I do?

sometimes you just gotta deal with a real bad taint itch man

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Above or below the pants is the question.

combee
Nov 17, 2007

it's the combee's knees!
hoooo boy

Me [26 F] with my grandmother [73 F] uses my pictures online to catfish/cyber with people

quote:

Hope you're ready for this one, /r/relationships because I sure as hell don't know what to do at this point, maybe you can help? throwaway for obvious reasons.

A little backstory about my grandma. She separated from my grandfather (though they never divorced) and moved out when my mom (her daughter) was 12 years old so that my grandmother wouldn't feel awkward about having affairs/her boyfriends over. She decided to move back in with my grandfather when my mom was about 30 years old but has never been particularly faithful. From my perspective she seems to live her life for herself only, and while this didn't really affect my life growing up, I know it really impacted my mom and so I've always felt a bit of resentment towards her because she just wasn't a very good mom to my mom. That being said, I've always been very polite and civil and I do love her because she's family.

Anyway, I've always been a bit camera shy, so every time my grandmother asked to get a picture of me I was hesitant but didn't really think much of it. Turns out she's been using these pictures as well as others I've posted to my own Facebook without my consent for other social media apps she was personally using.

I felt a little uncomfortable upon finding this out, as I know my grandmother doesn't have the best common sense when it comes to online security, so I politely asked her to please not use my pictures online like that. She promised she would stop using the pictures, I thought that was that and went about my business.

Fast forward to about six months ago. At some point my grandmother was trying to show me a conversation she was having with someone overseas online through this messenger app, and was showing me pictures of their dogs and poo poo like that, and I noticed she still had a picture of me up as her profile picture. I took the phone as she offered it and used this opportunity to look at other messages she was sending to people and was shocked to find how sexually explicit these messages got and that she was portraying herself as me, essentially catfishing other people online. I felt like this was a huge invasion of boundaries considering I had already asked her once to stop.

I gave her the phone back and asked why she had a (recent) picture of me up as her profile. She said she didn't know it was up there and made some other excuse about how she doesn't know how to change it (clearly she did since the picture was recent). I explained I already asked her to stop this once, and tried to explain to her that it's morally wrong to trick people online like that but I don't think this concept really sunk in for her. She reluctantly agreed to change it and swiped on her phone a few times so I assumed she changed it and this would be the end of it. Boy was I wrong!

Fast forward to last Friday. My grandmother has all of her pictures on her iPhone/iPad linked to the iCloud, so all photos are shared among the devices. She brought over her iPad to my parents' house because the device was running really slowly and my parents helped her buy a newer iPad with larger storage to prevent this issue from happening again. My mom was helping load photos/apps onto the new iPad and getting her signed into her messenger apps (for some reason my grandma has random seemingly 'burner' emails for everything so this was quite the process, hmm I wonder why) when she noticed she still had my picture up as her profile pictures on apps like KIK and WhatsApp. My mom apparently snooped further and looked at the types of conversations she was having with people and suffice to say the conversations were often sexual.

I live about two hours away and didn't know any of this was happening, but apparently my mom freaked out and started yelling, saying I had told my grandmother already multiple times now to remove it and she immediately left and called me crying upset and apologizing for her mom's behavior. I felt terribly sad for my mom and loving angry at my grandmother because this seems like such an insane situation anyway (why should I have to explain why this is a boundary issue!?!?!?!), and I immediately texted her after calming my mom down but kept things civil, essentially saying "This is now the third time I have asked you to stop this behavior. I won't ask a third time, please don't do this again."

She immediately gets nasty with me in her reply, texts me back and starts calling me names, says she's going to remove all of my pictures as well as any framed ones she has of me and my family around her house and that she's hurt I'd act like this towards her. I couldn't believe her attitude, but simply said if that's how you feel about it I'm sorry but my stance on the issue is firm and I don't want my pictures used that way and I can only repeat myself so many times.

She has ceased contact with me and my mom and will probably not be coming to the 4th of July BBQ we have planned. I feel like my trust with her is completely ruined, is there any way we can move on from this? I don't think even an apology from her would help at this point, I'm frankly disgusted with what she's done and how immature she reacted when I brought it up for the third time.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? Is this just a case of an oblivious elderly person not knowing better, or is this truly as malicious as it feels?

tl;dr: my grandmother keeps using pictures of my likeness online to cyber with strangers over the internet. after asking her to stop she completely lost it, refused to cooperate and has stopped talking to me and my mom.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Above or below the pants is the question.

It was clarified in the comments it was done under a skirt, so assuming they didn't go up n under there was some fabric but not much.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

combee posted:

hoooo boy

Me [26 F] with my grandmother [73 F] uses my pictures online to catfish/cyber with people

I like how she thinks grannie is gonna stop doing it. I dunno how anyone can be so naive that cycle happens, like the first time maybe just maybe you could forgive em but she literally had the same conversation 3 times and thinks this time will be different.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Pick posted:

I've owed you an apology. I'm sorry that I gave you any reason to fear for your safety. It was wholly unintentional. For days, I couldn't conceive of what I had done that should have aroused such anger in you, and then it came to me. Here's what happened:

On that day last summer, the counter on your homepage registered an alarming number of hits. All of those were mine. My intention was to draw your attention to my homepage, where I had posted a message to you, a response to your final message to me. In my addled state, I saw myself as doing something akin to tossing pebbles at your window, hoping to draw you forth. While I held this naïve metaphor in my mind, I later came to realize that it must have seemed far more threatening to you, all of those hits coming from the faceless vastness of the Web.

After seeing the messages I had posted on that other forum, I imagine that you reached the logical and reasonable conclusion that I had compromised your privacy. I promise you: I hadn't. Your personal safety was my paramount concern as I crafted my message. It was completely anonymous regarding the addressee. There was no way anyone could have connected you or your homepage to my message; I made sure of that.

Besides, the number of hits on my homepage remained unchanged from just prior to my posting that message until after I deleted it. No one saw it. The message itself was a maudlin mess in which I accepted what you had written, wished you well, and said that I hoped we'd still have occasion to talk as we had done previously. It was a muddle and it's for the best that I deleted it unread.

There's more from that time for which I need to apologize. I'm sorry for my intrusiveness and presumptuousness. I'm sorry for not respecting your boundaries. I had no right to behave as I had.

I'm also sorry if my avoiding you and, until very recently, complete silence led you to believe that I held any resentments or grudges against you. That wasn't the case at all.

First, I assumed that I'd be the last person you'd want to see. Second, I just needed a time-out to sort through things for myself. It never occurred to me that you might have something further to say to me, or that you would have wanted me to explain my actions. I don't know if you do, but I want to acknowledge the possibility. I also acknowledge the possibility that this just doesn't matter to you, anymore.

So, that's it. I'm sorry for the hurt, fear, anger, and distress I had caused. You're one of the last people I'd ever want to hurt; I feel bad about how things were left. I continue to hold you in the highest regard. I've missed our conversations. I miss your light.

PS. I've taken some salsa classes. I'll be taking more.

Please stop hacking my old accounts. That was three days ago. Ancient history. I'm a different person than I was back then.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
[Georgia] Did my boyfriend break any laws by purposely rigging an insurance claim?

quote:

I'm going to be as detailed as possible without giving away any identifying info.

My boyfriend's father recently lost his house to a fire caused by "an act of God". His father decided to rebuild and insurance told him to get 3 estimates for the cost of clearing the debris and getting the area to a workable state.

My boyfriend's father got an estimate from someone in Atlanta (We are several hours away from the area), a place locally, and from a family friend that has the necessary equipment.

The estimates were, in order: $30,000, $27,750, and $7,000.

Rather than have the insurance company just pay $7,000, my boyfriend submitted an estimate for $25,000 under the name of the company he owns (that doesn't do work of that kind).

The insurance company paid out for my boyfriend's estimate, his dad paid the family friend $10,000 and then pocketed the remaining $15,000.

I am not okay with this, as I see it as lying, manipulation, and immoral. But I'm also concerned my boyfriend could get into serious trouble if anyone were to find out.

What legal repercussions, if any, could come from this concerning my boyfriend and his father?

Did my boyfriend commit insurance fraud by committing insurance fraud?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Danaru posted:

[Georgia] Did my boyfriend break any laws by purposely rigging an insurance claim?

That $7k is a hell of a low bid for clearing razed property. I'd have asked for $15k and told the dad he got to keep the $10k if there's graft going on. I'm assuming the dude with the equipment doesn't know he's being chumped. The dad probably told him he felt bad paying just $7k, so bumping it up to $10k was a personal favor, since they're old friends and all.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

combee posted:

hoooo boy

drat the one tech savvy grandma in the world and she uses her powers for evil.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Just create a fetlife account for grandmother, using her own pics.

I don't know why I'm finding so many solutions involving fetlife recently.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Just create a fetlife account for grandmother, using her own pics.

I don't know why I'm finding so many solutions involving fetlife recently.

Grandma probably already has at least two.

Grandpa was/is a waste.

Clearly A Dog
Jun 14, 2017

woof o_o
Wait.... What's going on - Pick is back?

Hi Pick :classiclol:

Clearly A Dog fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jun 27, 2017

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

catfish grandma deserves her own reality show

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Mak0rz posted:

drat the one tech savvy grandma in the world and she uses her powers for evil.

I think more chaotic good. Grandma is after all teaching people a valuable lesson about trusting those you meet online.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Me [25 M] Partner read my messages to a girl online - [23 F] - 5 years relationship (CRINGE -YOU CAN BE HARSH)

quote:

This account is a throwaway. Feel free to say whatever you want and be as harsh as you want. I may make it my full time account since people know about my other.

Apologies in advance for the long winded cringe.

-------------Background:---------

I have been in a relationship with someone I met online for above 5 years. We've both lied to our friends and made an elaborate story - so they think it's just some long distance romance. I met this person through Ventrilo about 9 years ago when I was a teenager. She is Canadian and I am not. We've never met in person, we were kids but we always spoke online everyday using Skype. I would buy her things and she would buy me things and now that I'm working I'm paying for her masters and I love to spoil her with money but she never ever asks me for anything and asks me to save it for when we're together. Our level of trust for each other was huge too - she had all my passwords etc...

The problem is in the past I didn't really get much attention as a kid as I lacked confidence, at university I had chances for real life relationships but I always preferred my girlfriend as we were completely open with each other - could tell each other anything and it was fine. But at university I started working out, looking after myself and bam - I realised I could get as much sexual attention as I wanted. I never cheated physically but..I've messaged girls on Tumblr because it's so easy - I never did anything in real life because one I feel bad and two it's too much effort and risk for just a moment of satisfaction when I care for this girl I've met online. It's just 'fun' to me that you can tell someone your biggest fantasies and get instant feedback with no chance of embarrassment. Problem is, she found out about what I was doing so she lost a lot of trust for me.

----------------------Recently:------------------

More recently for about a year and a half now - she has lost interest in masturbation, sexting and sending dirty poo poo because she said I'm not the one touching her and she doesn't like it. I've tried so many things to try and get her to do things, she loves it when I show her my cock but she just doesn't want to do it anymore. I watch porn but it's not the same and I don't want to cheat physically. She definitely is not the type to cheat.

She says to wait until December which is when her course and my second postgrad degree finishes.. but she doesn't want to do any cam stuff.

---------------------- What I did today ------------------- Anyway today I was bored and horny (The usual) on Discord, forgetting that my girlfriend had my login for it. Found some Australian girl who I flirted with and she gave me her snapchat. I didn't bother doing anything with it, but I just needed that, like to talk to a real person and have them want to gently caress me. I wouldn't do it in person - but it has happened plenty of times where people have tried to talk to me and even asked for sex but I've resisted, but I just can't explain it, it's better than porn - I wanted them to genuinely want me and to want to gently caress. But my girlfriend came home and she found out since she had logged into discord a while ago and never logged out - her PC which I got for her is pretty much on all the time so we're connected in a call together nearly all day (Weird I know)..and now I'm hosed - she says she's done. She didn't care to understand my reasoning behind it. She asked me "How would you feel if I had spoken to a guy like this?" - I had the cheek to respond with "Would make more sense than you not wanting to cam anymore"

She's definitely done at this point, says she will send my dad a dildo if I message her again.

I understand this entire thing has been convoluted and It's just been a bit of a confession on my part. If I tried to talk to anyone in real life about it they'd go loving wild at the idea that I've been dating someone from the internet for over 5 years and planned marriage with them despite never having met them in person.

TL;DR: Girlfriend caught me cheating. Am I a complete scumbag? How do I control these urges to talk to people online? What is wrong with me?

Pretty sure this dude needs a huge helping of :murder: with a dash of :therapy:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Zil posted:

I think more chaotic good. Grandma is after all teaching people a valuable lesson about trusting those you meet online.

pretty sure that girl met her grandma irl

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Bubblyblubber posted:

Uuuuhmmm her name is Hatsune Miku and I'll have you know we're in love

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Whenever I don't want to shake hands with someone I just tell them I'm getting over a cold and don't want to make them sick. You have to stick to the story, though.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Me [25 M] Partner read my messages to a girl online - [23 F] - 5 years relationship (CRINGE -YOU CAN BE HARSH)

he was paying for her masters and never even met her

i dont believe

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

He can afford to pay for her masters but can't fly out to see her? Dude is getting catfished

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

putrid aidsman posted:

He can afford to pay for her masters but can't fly out to see her? Dude is getting catfished

This. The cost of the school could have paid for a few trips. What a doofus.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

putrid aidsman posted:

gotta think outside the box if you're gonna find a way to carry your canadian girlfriend's printer

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Danaru posted:

I'm not convinced this is illegal, honestly. Around here at least, insurance claims are generally based on exactimate, and priced accordingly. As long as the adjuster agreed with the scope of work, and his own estimate was in the ballpark, then that's what the insurance company owes, regardless of what is spent to fix the problem. Frequently on like, sewer backup claims with a 5k max, the adjuster will just cut a check for 5k and close the file.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Haifisch posted:

If Pick actually left, how could she derail this thread to be about her every ten pages?

Pick posted:

I've owed you an apology. I'm sorry that I gave you any reason to fear for your safety. It was wholly unintentional. For days, I couldn't conceive of what I had done that should have aroused such anger in you, and then it came to me. Here's what happened:

On that day last summer, the counter on your homepage registered an alarming number of hits. All of those were mine. My intention was to draw your attention to my homepage, where I had posted a message to you, a response to your final message to me. In my addled state, I saw myself as doing something akin to tossing pebbles at your window, hoping to draw you forth. While I held this naïve metaphor in my mind, I later came to realize that it must have seemed far more threatening to you, all of those hits coming from the faceless vastness of the Web.

After seeing the messages I had posted on that other forum, I imagine that you reached the logical and reasonable conclusion that I had compromised your privacy. I promise you: I hadn't. Your personal safety was my paramount concern as I crafted my message. It was completely anonymous regarding the addressee. There was no way anyone could have connected you or your homepage to my message; I made sure of that.

Besides, the number of hits on my homepage remained unchanged from just prior to my posting that message until after I deleted it. No one saw it. The message itself was a maudlin mess in which I accepted what you had written, wished you well, and said that I hoped we'd still have occasion to talk as we had done previously. It was a muddle and it's for the best that I deleted it unread.

There's more from that time for which I need to apologize. I'm sorry for my intrusiveness and presumptuousness. I'm sorry for not respecting your boundaries. I had no right to behave as I had.

I'm also sorry if my avoiding you and, until very recently, complete silence led you to believe that I held any resentments or grudges against you. That wasn't the case at all.

First, I assumed that I'd be the last person you'd want to see. Second, I just needed a time-out to sort through things for myself. It never occurred to me that you might have something further to say to me, or that you would have wanted me to explain my actions. I don't know if you do, but I want to acknowledge the possibility. I also acknowledge the possibility that this just doesn't matter to you, anymore.

So, that's it. I'm sorry for the hurt, fear, anger, and distress I had caused. You're one of the last people I'd ever want to hurt; I feel bad about how things were left. I continue to hold you in the highest regard. I've missed our conversations. I miss your light.

PS. I've taken some salsa classes. I'll be taking more.

Pick posted:

As I sit here thinking of my actions, I need to write this apology. I am incredibly embarrassed and shamed of the past 6 years of lies and cheating, more importantly the embarrassment, and unequivocal hurt and sadness it has brought to you and our kids. It is so hard to think of the tremendous damage I have caused to break apart every good thing you were trying to build for our family and our future.

I was feeling hurt and lost in our marriage, with finances and other worries not knowing how to reach out or talk to you, and a want to prove my desirability. Those are just my feelings and not excuses or blame. I take full responsibility for what I have done, and do truly want what is best for the entirety of you and the kids.

You are right, I am not a child and need to act like a grown woman, and I am going to act like one and own what is mine. What I did was the dumbest and most selfish thing a person could do, and I will never do it again. These are my words, which probably don't mean much to you now, but I will show you. You will say you've heard this a thousand times, but I will for once prove it to you, even if it means we are not together. Any woman would be lucky to have you, and I will be working toward deserving that once again if you can find it in your heart to forgive me. I Do Love You!

I have so much to learn, I want to be a person you can trust in and find love in once again. I can't thank you enough for not giving up on me, as I have felt like a lost soul, and now I see some light. I so often have been ready to just fall into the dark pit of despair and give up, but miraculously I saw a hand in the darkness, saying hold on and fight.

You are more than I could have ever imagined, and I have been so blind, you were right before my eyes and I walked right through you, on you. You don't deserve that, you deserve to be equally lifted and not brought down, a hand reaching out to you saying let's walk side by side, not one in front of the other. I'm so sorry so so sorry.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Pick posted:

As I sit here thinking of my actions, I need to write this apology. I am incredibly embarrassed and shamed of the past 6 years of lies and cheating, more importantly the embarrassment, and unequivocal hurt and sadness it has brought to you and our kids. It is so hard to think of the tremendous damage I have caused to break apart every good thing you were trying to build for our family and our future.

I was feeling hurt and lost in our marriage, with finances and other worries not knowing how to reach out or talk to you, and a want to prove my desirability. Those are just my feelings and not excuses or blame. I take full responsibility for what I have done, and do truly want what is best for the entirety of you and the kids.

You are right, I am not a child and need to act like a grown woman, and I am going to act like one and own what is mine. What I did was the dumbest and most selfish thing a person could do, and I will never do it again. These are my words, which probably don't mean much to you now, but I will show you. You will say you've heard this a thousand times, but I will for once prove it to you, even if it means we are not together. Any woman would be lucky to have you, and I will be working toward deserving that once again if you can find it in your heart to forgive me. I Do Love You!

I have so much to learn, I want to be a person you can trust in and find love in once again. I can't thank you enough for not giving up on me, as I have felt like a lost soul, and now I see some light. I so often have been ready to just fall into the dark pit of despair and give up, but miraculously I saw a hand in the darkness, saying hold on and fight.

You are more than I could have ever imagined, and I have been so blind, you were right before my eyes and I walked right through you, on you. You don't deserve that, you deserve to be equally lifted and not brought down, a hand reaching out to you saying let's walk side by side, not one in front of the other. I'm so sorry so so sorry.

Hell, same

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Pick is taking high-quality /r/relationships posts and obscuring the sources. Don't let her get away with this predatory posting scheme.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Slugworth posted:

I'm not convinced this is illegal, honestly. Around here at least, insurance claims are generally based on exactimate, and priced accordingly. As long as the adjuster agreed with the scope of work, and his own estimate was in the ballpark, then that's what the insurance company owes, regardless of what is spent to fix the problem. Frequently on like, sewer backup claims with a 5k max, the adjuster will just cut a check for 5k and close the file.
Submitting a couple of 30k quotes and then having a friend with tools do the work for 10k should be fine I think, but her boyfriend putting in a fake bid sounds pretty fraud-y.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
aaaaaaaaand unfavorite thread

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
My GF [40F] asked me [38M],if she was the last woman I could see myself having sex with.

quote:

u/LikeYouNeverHadWings
It was asked so casually but for me it caused an instant short circuit. I was on my break and it was asked on a whim and became a total twix moment. There was no way I could answer this question without careful calculation.

I told her that I couldn't answer because there were consequences each way. Yeah totally chicken poo poo of me for staying on the fence. Afraid of commitment, absolutely. We tried to discuss via txt (which I know is rarely a good idea). She understands what my reasons are as we've been open on this in the past. Her words "I know there are experiences you want to have sexually. And saying I'm the last woman you will ever sleep with kind of pigeon holes you into a situation of not experiencing those things"

So if you know, then what was the goal of the question? This had to be some sort of test? Was I put on the spot and asked essentially if I was willing to give up on all my fantasy and pick her as my last?

Not whining here, but I was a very late bloomer. Married with kid at 20 and kept myself locked up in that till it failed and I latched onto the next. How we differ is that she was a very early bloomer and a serial monogamist. That is nobodies fault for my own, just not chasing what I wanted. Fortunately for her she got to do a lot of discovery and exploration. She got to have several years in the swinger/hotwife scene. As a guy that sounds like so much fun yet scary at the same time.

We're approaching 4 years together. And I still recall the convo where she said that I was her first monogamous relationship and she wanted me to be her last first kiss. I guess this was the time when I should have said that I've always been a serial monogamist and wouldn't mind giving the lifestyle a try. We were fresh and having so much fun. I would have killed it all right there if I said that. Hense the consequences. We tried to do the swinger club for a couple of times but never panned out. We tried doing the open thing but closed it up there they have remained.

tl;dr: GF asks if I think she is the last woman that I could see myself having sex with. Was this some kind of poo poo test? I think she hit the nail on the head when saying my answer would pigeon hole myself. So why ask?

Oops: I goofed and deleted thread bc wanted to fix title. So here is it again.

Normally I'd say there is only one answer to this, and even given the sexual background of the woman, given that she's 38 there's really only one answer to this.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Faffel posted:

Pick is taking high-quality /r/relationships posts and obscuring the sources. Don't let her get away with this predatory posting scheme.

Yeah it's from a site for e-apologies. Good stuff.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Milotic posted:

My GF [40F] asked me [38M],if she was the last woman I could see myself having sex with.

Normally I'd say there is only one answer to this, and even given the sexual background of the woman, given that she's 38 there's really only one answer to this.

People like this who are always picking at their relationship like some kind of scab annoy me.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Yeah is a legit but overly expensive mechanic also insurance fraud? This very thing happens all the time, it's just the mechanic gets the windfall instead of the vehicle owner. What if you legit asked 3 places, all said 25k, you tell insurance, and then a day later the 4th guy gets to your email and states 7k? Are you required to inform the insurance company you went above and beyond by getting a 4th quote and it's way cheaper?

Surely there was, uhh, mens rea here, but the "normal" outcome doesn't seem much better from the insurance company's point of view.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

new phone who dis posted:

People like this who are always picking at their relationship like some kind of scab annoy me.

And yet sometimes it does successfully detect weenies like this due who after 38 years dont know how to answer questions correctly.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Waterbed Wendy posted:

aaaaaaaaand unfavorite thread

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Barudak posted:

And yet sometimes it does successfully detect weenies like this due who after 38 years dont know how to answer questions correctly.

To be fair, she is a 40 year old woman asking questions like a 14 year old.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

new phone who dis posted:

unlike most she's kinda got a reason, that guy's a real piece of work and has somehow ducked directly admitting he's not actually interested in giving her the commitment she wants for four years

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jun 27, 2017

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah is a legit but overly expensive mechanic also insurance fraud? This very thing happens all the time, it's just the mechanic gets the windfall instead of the vehicle owner. What if you legit asked 3 places, all said 25k, you tell insurance, and then a day later the 4th guy gets to your email and states 7k? Are you required to inform the insurance company you went above and beyond by getting a 4th quote and it's way cheaper?

Surely there was, uhh, mens rea here, but the "normal" outcome doesn't seem much better from the insurance company's point of view.

I think most of the issue is that the guy submitted a quote under a fake company, which seems unnecessary since he already had two legit work quotes

e: I guess I misread the story since it sounds like it's from an actual company that just doesn't do this sort of work and had no intention of clearing the lot? I am pretty curious about the legality of that actually

the bitcoin of weed fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jun 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

the bitcoin of weed posted:

I think most of the issue is that the guy submitted a quote under a fake company, which seems unnecessary since he already had two legit work quotes

IIRC it's not fraud if a company ends up coming under estimate and you pocket the difference.

The fraud here is the son colluding with the father to send a fake quote in stating he was using that company, then getting Larry, Daryl, and Daryl, Inc. to do the work instead.