Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

You keep running to houses in the middle of the circle hoping it ends up around you while waiting for 20 minutes, I'll keep running around killing people having fun.

If you're in the exact middle of the circle in a big house you can end up having a shitload of action more often than not. The edges can be way calmer until the very end and it's frequently a game of who snipes whom first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Combat Pretzel posted:

Yay, patch notes say/imply they increased spawn rates in the lovely towns. Maybe it'll be more worthwhile to drop away from the popular spots.

hoping this makes the midgame more engaging. even if you do as people say and move towards gunshots it's easy to go 5+ minutes in the midgame without a sign of anyone else unless you drop in a hotspot

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

You keep running to houses in the middle of the circle hoping it ends up around you while waiting for 20 minutes, I'll keep running around killing people having fun.

People can enjoy different ways of playing the game. I know this may be a shock to you.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Elentor posted:

If you're in the exact middle of the circle in a big house you can end up having a shitload of action more often than not. The edges can be way calmer until the very end and it's frequently a game of who snipes whom first.

I guess so, I don't really enjoy sitting and fighting from a house or shack at ALL (not to be confused with close quarter city combat) but to each their own.

PantsBandit posted:

People can enjoy different ways of playing the game. I know this may be a shock to you.

fur sure, I'm the guy who first brought up a pacifist/no weapons run here and got a lot of flack for it. But even that is more active than camping a house. If you like running to the middle of the circle early and laying prone waiting for targets from any angle keep doing it!

In 2017 I think everyone should just Have Fun

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
It doesn't always have to be a house. Most of the time if I'm pushing for the center of the circle I'll find a hilltop with good sight-lines. Plenty of cover but I can still chase/retreat if I need to.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Rock clusters can be absurdly strong also, there's a lot of cliff faces with rocks around them where you can get near 360 degree cover.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
If the shacks being destructible means I can knock them over with a car, holy poo poo I know what I'm doing every single game forever.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Considering that orange cones will stop a car, I'm not sure what we need to destroy a shack.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

quote:

Adjusted kill count system in Duo and Squad modes. A person knocking an opponent out will receive a kill count regardless of the actual killer.

I hope this bugs out and counts every dbno so i can get 4 kills off one guy.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
I'm trying to talk some online friends into playing this, but they don't want to drop 30$ on early access when they have some other lovely game on the horizon they want to play.

I noticed there's a bunch of free to play combat games on steam. Are any of them good enough to try to use as bait to get them interested in this?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

cosmicjim posted:

I'm trying to talk some online friends into playing this, but they don't want to drop 30$ on early access when they have some other lovely game on the horizon they want to play.

I noticed there's a bunch of free to play combat games on steam. Are any of them good enough to try to use as bait to get them interested in this?

What's the reasoning though? This is like the only EA game that has been good enough to buy ever.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

Inspector_666 posted:

If the shacks being destructible means I can knock them over with a car, holy poo poo I know what I'm doing every single game forever.

Seriously, if you can plow down a shack with a UAZ it's like a new mini-game was added to PUBG.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

cosmicjim posted:

This game is so good they are really dumb if you have to try and convince them to buy it. Just show them some of the huge quantity of awesome PUBG vids out there and if they are redeemable they should fix the system post haste.
Otherwise, sever.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Google Butt posted:

What's the reasoning though? This is like the only EA game that has been good enough to buy ever.

I didn't know this was an EA game until this post.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

This isn't an EA game it is a bluehole game.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

it is an Early Access game, not an Electronic Arts game

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

I've had more fun with this game than pretty much any other game in years. Who gives a poo poo if its still in early access, game is super fun now and getting better.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mashed_penguin posted:

I've had more fun with this game than pretty much any other game in years. Who gives a poo poo if its still in early access, game is super fun now and getting better.

Yeah. This game is poorly optimized, glitched, filled with issues everywhere I look. And it's still fun as hell and has been my favorite multiplayer game since I tried it by far.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I watched a video of a quadriplegic get a chicken dinner with a mouth controller. I still haven't got one....

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

cosmicjim posted:

Nothing other than constantly harassing them to pick it up. I also didn't really see how this game was worth $30 but wasn't stingy about it. Turned out it is pretty fun.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
The best way to play this game is to give 0 fucks about winning and just spend as much time as physically possible making it harder for the tryhards to win.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Coffee Mugshot posted:

Nothing other than constantly harassing them to pick it up. I also didn't really see how this game was worth $30 but wasn't stingy about it. Turned out it is pretty fun.

Link them to stupid videos, and eventually they'll have no choice than to buy the game. It seemed to work with a bunch of my friends. Now, I won't play with them because they're too far behind in skill and I can't teach everyone how to play.

puberty worked me over posted:

The best way to play this game is to give 0 fucks about winning and just spend as much time as physically possible making it harder for the tryhards to win.

What else are you a bastion of knowledge for?

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider

snipin' vehicle wheels 24/7

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost
Something I haven't been able to figure out: how do spawns work? Are there guaranteed to always be a certain number of every item at the game start and location is randomized or is it possible (but unlikely) to end up with games that don't have 8x Scopes or SCARs or whatever...

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

coordinated squad smokes are pretty fun in the top 20. Throw four to the left and run right hut hut hike!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Smoke is a great way to draw attention to a guy you know the position of but can't hit directly.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Chopstix posted:

Shoutout to Gildiss, xachariah, and oovee to two perfect games and chicken dinners in a row. Both games ended with 3 alive

:glomp:

Pleads posted:

Smoke is a great way to draw attention to a guy you know the position of but can't hit directly.

They need to add firecrackers, throw them for a distraction or to incite a fight between other people.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Nothing is better than the schadenfreude of watching DrDisrespect get owned

https://oddshot.tv/s/llYWw7

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

CoasterMaster posted:

Something I haven't been able to figure out: how do spawns work? Are there guaranteed to always be a certain number of every item at the game start and location is randomized or is it possible (but unlikely) to end up with games that don't have 8x Scopes or SCARs or whatever...

Rule of spawns. If you find an 8x you will only find smgs and pistols. If you find a sniper rifle you will only find red dots. Such is the way of things.

swampface
Apr 30, 2005

Soiled Meat

I followed a guy to the starting island in a boat and instead of trying to fight it out with him there, I stole his boat, beached it, and left.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Pacra posted:

Who?

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Pacra posted:

The best part was the lead up to this point. He kept getting destroyed and was clearly tilting.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

CoasterMaster posted:

I don't think anyone knows the exact math, but it seems to just roll a dice for every spawn, with stuff like 8x scopes being rarer. Given that there are hundreds/thousands of spawn locations I think it's almost impossible to find a game where NO 8x scopes spawn, but you can definitely have games where you can loot entire villages and not find any. Location plays a part too, places like the military base spawn 'higher tier' loot a lot more often, so there's way more guns and medkits and stuff there.
In my personal experience 8x scopes have a very high spawn rate on Some rear end in a top hat Who Sniped Me Out Of Nowhere.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Hamelekim posted:

I watched a video of a quadriplegic get a chicken dinner with a mouth controller. I still haven't got one....

Mind linking? All I can find are stories of a dude becoming a quadriplegic from choking on a chicken bone.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Yodzilla posted:

Mind linking? All I can find are stories of a dude becoming a quadriplegic from choking on a chicken bone.

I linked to the time, it's 585 in case it doesn't work. It's just the last kill, but he has better aim that I do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTNpg-U1Z3c&t=585s

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Got two chicken dinners in a row playing duo. :toot:

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Times teamkilled by goons today: 4

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Tonetta posted:

lol how does this even happen

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
if you aren't running aruond trying to murder people 24/7 lol whats it like to be a coward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Tonetta posted:

Chicken Dinners won with goons today: 2

• Locked thread