Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

hobbesmaster posted:

I swear it's coded to drop gear for anything but for your class. :argh:
I think it's actually after buying all your tome gear, in my experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I want him to join the crew but Estinien's just too embarrassed about That One Time

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

cheetah7071 posted:

Do the DRG class quests for resolution on this.

I'm kind of on the fence about this stuff. There's an entire area in the Fringes that's used for White Mage's job quests and, as far as I've seen, absolutely nothing else. Maybe a FATE or two?

There's a lot of weird/strange areas or leftover bits of story in Stormblood, like the little palace on the water in southwestern Peaks, and i wonder how many of these are just job quest locations and not things to be expanded upon in upcoming patches :v:

Guess I'll find out if I ever manage to finish catching all my jobs up to 60.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Maybe Estinien just doesn't want to get in the way of Alphinaud and Krile

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

nuru posted:

So did every MNK go SAM? I haven't seen a MNK since SB came out.

I farmed POTD during the Raubahn Wall and by the time it was fixed my SAM was 59 so I said gently caress it. If Raubahn's Wall hadn't existed I'd have gone through the MSQ as a MNK but after a dozen plus hours of POTD I had grown to like SAM and just stuck with it. It's basically the low/no group utility loldps that MNK was supposed to be. When everything lines up you just shred whatever you're fighting. Being able to not-elusive jump out of an AOE, hit with a buffed Enpi, and then dash back in is fun too in those rare times I remember to do so (probably isn't an optimal use of Kenki but w/e).

Plus they share the same gear so when I level MNK to 70 I'll have a full set of gear ready and waiting for it in the event SE gives MNK its due or if it feels fun at 70. :shrug:

Thundarr posted:

I took monk to 70 first, sam is my next project but the main stumbling block is that dungeon queues are ridiculous right now and I get bored of PvP spam pretty quickly.

POTD is faster than PVP until level 60 at the very least.

homeless snail posted:

I think he just felt a responsibility to deal with Nidhogg's eyes himself, which yeah good call Estinien cause we just loving left them sitting there after killing Shinryu.

The WoL and Scions are the dumbest people alive. It's just amazing really.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

UHD posted:

Well I mean he'll have to kill Thancred then. Every time they went back to the rising stones dude was just always in her space.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Anyone ever seen a PLD so petrified of death they cast Clemency any time they get below 60%? Because that was one of the more weirdly insulting instances I've healed.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I am level 23 and the only quest I have available is Sastasha, so am I basically stuck until I can get this done? I had a queue pop once, but the healer dropped out before we began and everyone abandoned the party.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Arist posted:

Anyone ever seen a PLD so petrified of death they cast Clemency any time they get below 60%? Because that was one of the more weirdly insulting instances I've healed.

TBH unless you're a scholar you're doing far better aoe dps than the pld. Take it as a cue to cast more holy/grav.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

TyrantWD posted:

I am level 23 and the only quest I have available is Sastasha, so am I basically stuck until I can get this done? I had a queue pop once, but the healer dropped out before we began and everyone abandoned the party.

Literally everything is gated behind the main scenario quests (the ones with the meteor icon). You have to do Sastasha to get anywhere.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

TyrantWD posted:

Yes, there are multiple points in the main story where you can't progress until beating a​ specific dungeon or trial. Just keep queueing until one goes through.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

The WoL and Scions are the dumbest people alive. It's just amazing really.
I mean to be totally fair, its something that he would care a lot more about than the scions, its personal to him. you'd just think someone would be like hey what are these eyeball things. Its a cool moment though so imo its not worth picking it to death either

homeless snail fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jun 27, 2017

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

TyrantWD posted:

If you're on Excalibur send a tell to Moe Blob and I will heal for you, it'll be an instant queue. Or if you're in a FC ask for help.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Arist posted:

Is this your post https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/6jusur/a_humble_request_from_scholars_to_paladins/

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

No, gross, I don't play SCH

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

homeless snail posted:

I mean to be totally fair, its something that he would care a lot more about than the scions, its personal to him. you'd just think someone would be like hey what are these eyeball things. Its a cool moment though so imo its not worth picking it to death either

I prefer to think that the WoL left that dangling on purpose, in the hopes for a savage mode rematch.

Zenos was totally right about us, seriously.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Yeah, I think the WoL figures "Well I've kicked the poo poo out of everyone who's ever held them, they must not be a big deal.

Got super hype for the final boss of Kugane Castle. That was a cool way to do the gimmick with FFXIV's battle system. Some more MSQ stuff

What exactly was the point of introducing the Not-Sharingan? We killed the guy responsible for doing it, we beat Fordola literally the first time she used hers, and we beat Zenos the first time he revealed his. Are we meant to believe there are others we'll be seeing later? I dunno it just felt like a weird thing to tack on at the end. It doesn't even really properly explain why Zenos was so much better than us in our previous battles.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

TyrantWD posted:

If you're on Excalibur and in a Goon FC speak up in FC chat that you're a newbie who needs to run the dungeons. You'll get help. Even if it's 3 DPS who just brute force the dungeon since you don't actually need a tank or healer for the first couple dungeons due to job/gear advantages.

If you're not on Excalibur... you should be.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Adept Nightingale posted:

I prefer to think that the WoL left that dangling on purpose, in the hopes for a savage mode rematch.

Zenos was totally right about us, seriously.

I figured no one cared because as Estinien mentions, there's so little aether left in the eyes that they wouldn't have been able to cause trouble again regardless. If they're even capable of becoming powerful enough to be used for something, it wouldn't be for thousands of years.

SonicRulez posted:

What exactly was the point of introducing the Not-Sharingan? We killed the guy responsible for doing it, we beat Fordola literally the first time she used hers, and we beat Zenos the first time he revealed his. Are we meant to believe there are others we'll be seeing later? I dunno it just felt like a weird thing to tack on at the end. It doesn't even really properly explain why Zenos was so much better than us in our previous battles.

I think it's implied that Zenos already was a Resonant, even from before we met him? It's the reason he's so freakishly powerful compared to absolutely everyone else we've ever met. And he was fully resonant, where Fordola only had the one weird eye. I figure the importance was merely "this is a thing that Zenos and his weird science man do and it'll be a real problem if we don't stop them."

CeallaSo fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 28, 2017

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

TyrantWD posted:

Are you on Excalibur? If so ask some goons to run with you or something.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

SonicRulez posted:

Yeah, I think the WoL figures "Well I've kicked the poo poo out of everyone who's ever held them, they must not be a big deal.

Got super hype for the final boss of Kugane Castle. That was a cool way to do the gimmick with FFXIV's battle system. Some more MSQ stuff

The entire plot of Stormblood was Zenos finding someone strong enough to have a good fight with as Shinryu. He was a Resonant from the start.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

UHD posted:

And he better not if he knows what's good for him

Lori
Oct 6, 2011
I have been trying and failing to find the picture of Lyse, Alisae, and Tataru on a chocobo that says something along the lines of "Get on fag, we're going liberating", can anybody assist?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

homeless snail posted:

I mean we're one of the idiots who thought throwing them off a bridge would be sufficient in HW. I assumed we were gonna crush the things at that point but nope. :downs:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Lori posted:

I have been trying and failing to find the picture of Lyse, Alisae, and Tataru on a chocobo that says something along the lines of "Get on fag, we're going liberating", can anybody assist?

http://asrikins.tumblr.com/post/162093442241/road-trip-with-the-girls

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Are you on Excalibur? If so ask some goons to run with you or something.

I'm on Malteus. I couldn't create a character on Excalibur, so I figured I'll play on this server for a while and then transfer.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Lori posted:

http://asrikins.tumblr.com/post/162093442241/road-trip-with-the-girls

e:fb

Lori
Oct 6, 2011
Thank you friends!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Arist posted:

Aww, he thinks he's helping!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

hobbesmaster posted:

I always eat a hit from the double 270 degree thingies because it's easier that way. :colbert:

maybe if you're bad!
you're off the team, Hobbes!

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

SonicRulez posted:

Yea, it does. He was able to experience his battles multiple times (just like we can). That's how was able to parry Yugiri's surprise attack.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
yay I did it

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
My old gathering collectibles rotation got hosed by Utmost Caution rising to 200 GP. I would like to get scrips while I level Miner and Botanist; is there a rotation I can use without endgame caster gear or should I just stick to Leves?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Solitair posted:

My old gathering collectibles rotation got hosed by Utmost Caution rising to 200 GP. I would like to get scrips while I level Miner and Botanist; is there a rotation I can use without endgame caster gear or should I just stick to Leves?

Discerning Eye->Impulsive Appraisal->Discerning Eye->Impulsive Appraisal->Discerning Eye->Methodical Appraisal

Replace DE with Single Mind for every Impulsive proc you get, and upgrade to Impulsive Appraisal II when you get it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Can't decide if I want to level PLD or DRK on the side while I'm queues for RDM or otherwise bored. On the one hand, shields are cool. On the other, so are greatswords.

I haven't thought about it much more deeply than that :v:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Arist posted:

I see this quite a bit. I don't let it bug me, I just cast gravity more.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Estinien is gay for Alphy and is afraid to face his twink crush.

:same:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I'm playing around with some other classes to give them a try. In the rogue storyline, I've watched a lalafell kill a guy by throwing a dagger at his groin heading inland, and a catgirl beat the poo poo out of the guildmaster and string him up for stealing her sandwich.

Limsa Lominsa as best city-state confirmed if the music wasn't hint enough.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Augus posted:

maybe if you're bad!
you're off the team, Hobbes!

rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
The AST class quest was.... kind of lame. Other than connecting Astrologians to Geomancers, the quest itself was.... just kinda boring. We didn't even get to go anywhere fun. We just ran around an empty Kugane. Other people were talking about going to old dungeons and poo poo, we just got Kugane. :smith: