Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Grouchio posted:

I don't really think we need one. It wrapped up nicely.

I recall seeing an article with the staff mentioning that they wanted to have a really, really expansive story that would require multiple seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Grouchio posted:

I don't really think we need one. It wrapped up nicely.

It did, but not in a way that would shut out more character growth and potential for antics. I think they could do more if they want to.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

kidcoelacanth posted:

It did, but not in a way that would shut out more character growth and potential for antics. I think they could do more if they want to.

Yeah, we only just got to witness Akko flying on a broom, there's plenty of room to grow.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

My uncle who works at Trigger told me there will be a S2 and this is the OP song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kldHXD2z4jA&hd=1

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Kibibit posted:

Yeah, we only just got to witness Akko flying on a broom, there's plenty of room to grow.

Expecto Patronum!

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

DrSunshine posted:

Expecto Patronum!

It summons a bright inferno cop

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Plus this is a series with a really large cast of characters; a season 2 of LWA doesn't even necessarily have to have Akko as the protagonist. Plus we never got a Jasminka episode, which sucks.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
Trigger kinda meh at plot, no big surprise. Show was better than expected though I'd watch more but don't expect more.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I finally got time to watch the final episode, and gosh, it was fun! That :jeb: scene was wonderful -- oh my god, guys did you see the animation there? All of Akko's transformations, and the (of course classic) "Gainax Missile Run", and all the squishy effects and the :) final explosion. Gosh it all looked so fantastic!!

Yeah, they really dilly-dallied in most of the episodes leading up to the last 5 or 6, but for what it was worth, I enjoyed every episode on its own as well. It left me with a light and happy feeling, and caught up in the simple joy of animation. I think the ultimate enjoyment of it is summed up in its motto - "A believing heart is your magic" - in order to really enjoy the show, you have to just believe in it and let yourself get carried away. And isn't that, in the end, the central conceit behind all animation?

I liked it!

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
show owned i don't get why the one offs in the first half get so much poo poo some of them were truly wonderful, like the twilight episode and the sucy's hellish mindscape one.

as for what trigger is gonna do next, they're announcing upcoming projects at some convention next week.

https://twitter.com/trigger_inc/status/877936002123177984

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Homura and Sickle posted:

show owned i don't get why the one offs in the first half get so much poo poo some of them were truly wonderful, like the twilight episode and the sucy's hellish mindscape one.

as for what trigger is gonna do next, they're announcing upcoming projects at some convention next week.

https://twitter.com/trigger_inc/status/877936002123177984

I felt the first half was much stronger than the second. I think that for pretty much everything Trigger has done.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Hypha posted:

I felt the first half was much stronger than the second. I think that for pretty much everything Trigger has done.

I enjoyed both, but they're very different. Too different possibly. I think there were a few too many chefs in the kitchen for this show.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
I thought both the first and second half were mixed bags but overall I preferred the second half.

I think that's the problem really, it's like two different 12 episode series that appeal to different people mashed together. It didn't commit in either direction. Even if you enjoyed both faces of the show having episodes just jump between them haphazardly will give you whiplash.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

I would like the second half more if there was more Sucy.

I still liked both half's better than Kill la Kill.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Hypha posted:

second half of luluco was rock solid

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
brb, gonna go listen to the luluco op for the hundredth time

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

second half of luluco was rock solid

Guess I will go watch it again and double check.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

There might be no need for a second season, but I do think there should be a Sucy spin-off series. Maybe as shorts.

CheetoRamen
Feb 1, 2013

Drink Top posted:

I got the feeling that those were guards in her last scene. I think that she's exiled until some unspecified task or time is completed.

Trigger's 'Tattun' confirmed on 4chan. They really are the magic po-po.

Zeruel posted:

It summons a bright inferno cop

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

CheetoRamen posted:

Trigger's 'Tattun' confirmed on 4chan. They really are the magic po-po.

then why aren't they wearing those goofy british police helmets?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Homura and Sickle posted:

Because if it doesn't directly advance the overall plot, it's filler and filler is bad.

Character development? Self-contained adventures? Nonsense. There's one story here, hurry up and tell it.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Their hats are already sufficiently goofy.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

That's muggle cops! Of course witches and .... it looks like wizards (!!!) -- have their own cops with their own uniforms!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

We're comin' onto Netflix in 2 days! This will be good for me because I am way behind and it's just easier to stream. (Even if it's just the first half, though I think I heard somewhere that they decided to do just the entire thing, but seeing is believing)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
SoL or gag anime LWA season when?

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

They're not real police, they're magical community support officers.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

SoL or gag anime LWA season when?

Just rewatch the first 16 episodes!

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Waffleman_ posted:

We're comin' onto Netflix in 2 days! This will be good for me because I am way behind and it's just easier to stream. (Even if it's just the first half, though I think I heard somewhere that they decided to do just the entire thing, but seeing is believing)

There was an image that said "ALL EPISODES JUNE 30" but i think that means all episodes of the first cour.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Dub's up on Netflix, yo

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Aw dip they made a dub??? Dang I'm gonna peep that dub

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

TFRazorsaw posted:

Dub's up on Netflix, yo

If by that you mean French, Spanish, Italian and German dubs.

edit: Seems English is available for some episodes and not others.

livingfruitvirus fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jun 30, 2017

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So not only were we cockblocked for two seasons we don't even have the whole thing or it consistently in English.

Oh you could get that awful Archie show the moment it infested the CW every week but LWA, naw, you'll speek when you're spoken to, weeb.

FFS

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

ConanThe3rd posted:

So not only were we cockblocked for two seasons we don't even have the whole thing or it consistently in English.

Oh you could get that awful Archie show the moment it infested the CW every week but LWA, naw, you'll speek when you're spoken to, weeb.

FFS

They delay Riverdale in the US. I assume you're in a country where Riverdale is labeled as a Netflix Original.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

livingfruitvirus posted:

They delay Riverdale in the US. I assume you're in a country where Riverdale is labeled as a Netflix Original.

Which they simulcasted which is the bone of my contention.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I watched the dub just to prove The Soos in good in any language, and she is.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Solaris Knight posted:

I watched the dub just to prove The Soos in good in any language, and she is.

"Will this poision merly make you sick or will it melt you from the inside out? These are legitimate questions."

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Sucy's Brazilian VA is great in my opinion.

That is, until they changed some episodes later. :mad:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

A couple of my friends directed/are in the voice cast in this dub. This will probably be the first anime I watch that's not Dragonball in, like, a decade.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The English dub goes in a pretty different direction with Sucy's voice, but I don't hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Sucy's angle is less her weird low-key gross/weird voice acting and more her being eternally tired and low-energy. It still works pretty well.
I like the dub as a whole but there's weird ADR quality inconsistencies going on it. For some reason it sounds like Hannah's dialogue was recorded on a different microphone and sounds different from everyone else's.

Edit: also I'm disappointed that they didn't bother with accents like at all

mdct fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jul 1, 2017

• Locked thread