Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

crawlkill posted:

seem to be a few snafulings in the system, but such is launch
The patcher going over has literally been a bug since the original release. Same for the multiple weapons on back bug.

Such is launch, indeed...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

crawlkill posted:

just saw a Facebook comment from someone asking how big the installer was, she'd already downloaded 128 gig and was anxious to get going

game's only 60 gig

seem to be a few snafulings in the system, but such is launch

LOL that's not even a launch bug that's been in since forever

crawlkill
Feb 20, 2014

angerbeet posted:

LOL that's not even a launch bug that's been in since forever

uh oh
FuncooOOOOM

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Capntastic posted:

Give me weapon skins you loving ingrates

No kidding my kingdom for something thats not a loving katana

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

what are people using for Blood primary builds? right now I'm level 29 and running with Torment/Rupture/Maleficium/Dread Sigil/Eldritch Scourge and I have Both Barrels from my shotgun. my passives are Absolution/Sanguine Charm/Lingering Curse/Bloodflow/Flay.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

crawlkill posted:

Is it a major problem if the auctionhouse mediates your progress?

...yes? Like, this was the whole original issue with vanilla Diablo 3.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Hi, I am online as Leandris, could somebody invite me to the goon cabal please?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

crawlkill posted:

2. the original TSW wasn't really drop-happy either, and in some sense they've just shifted the custom item economy over into being run by the players instead of NPC vendors; this could be a disaster, ofc, but structurally earning marks to earn upgrades with the possibility of a drop you want is more "this boss might possibly have a fun object inside it" than oldTSW was, not less

of course the point could be made that Legends' drop system should be considered in a wider context, not just in comparison to the "I almost never care about what's in a boss' pocketses" of TSW

The problem here is, again:

1) Mark gain is capped, pax was not.

and

2) Someone will figure out the optimal build per spec, and as a result only the perfect items will be worth anything.

This system is "original flavor TSW but worse."

All the problems, almost none of the perks except that you can exchange for Aurum.

Issue is, I don't see how the Aurum exchange will end well.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 27, 2017

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Even getting like, 1k marks of friendship as a dungeon reward sometimes would be a nice option.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Capntastic posted:

Even getting like, 1k marks of friendship as a dungeon reward sometimes would be a nice option.

Just merge Anima Shards and marks. This really is not a difficult problem.

Yes, it will lead to inflation. That'll happen anyway. No sense in delaying the inevitable.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'm still not crazy about recticle mode but I'm using chain lighting as a builder at the mo so that's not too big a deal. I do like some of the mini-instance things they've done as quality of life improvements, and it seems like they've thinned out the mobs a bit.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.
Is it just my laptop giving me fits, or is the game a bit less responsive in combat than Original Recipe TSW? I feel like the timing of the thing is all off.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Conskill posted:

Is it just my laptop giving me fits, or is the game a bit less responsive in combat than Original Recipe TSW? I feel like the timing of the thing is all off.

Turn off action queuing in the settings. It's on by default for some reason.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Sedisp posted:

thank you for pointing out there's an option! this was driving me nuts.

crawlkill
Feb 20, 2014

Kyrosiris posted:

...yes? Like, this was the whole original issue with vanilla Diablo 3.

yeah I recognized that that was a good comparison later down in the post

weeell maybe it won't be great, who knows, I'm not gonna stress about it until I get there. we'll see if Funcom can even come out with enough content to make getting in on a grind meaningfully incentivized.

crawlkill fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jun 27, 2017

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

You'll be waiting for years-old content like Tokyo for quite a while (let alone new content), so if they don't get the monetization bullshit in check no one will be around to actually play the new content when it arrives.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

Sedisp posted:

gently caress yes.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

Sedisp posted:

That worked. Thanks!

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

I'm currently trying to knock out the Jack's Back quest and I've gone to the first pumpkin field with the shed and killed off all the ghostlights and the quest doesn't advance. I'm assuming that's the bug out point for the quest usually being bugged, right?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

M_Sinistrari posted:

I'm currently trying to knock out the Jack's Back quest and I've gone to the first pumpkin field with the shed and killed off all the ghostlights and the quest doesn't advance. I'm assuming that's the bug out point for the quest usually being bugged, right?

There's a ghostlight that isn't visible, I think it's below the map. Run around in a circle and it'll eventually aggro on you.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I remember when I first heard they were relaunching... I thought "Oh good, they will update the graphics and fix a bunch of the old bugs!"

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

kayakyakr posted:

There's a ghostlight that isn't visible, I think it's below the map. Run around in a circle and it'll eventually aggro on you.

I'll give it a go. Wouldn't be the first time in this game I've had to run around in circles. *grumblesstupidwhiteravensgrumbles*

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Wait, so I'm not actually playing the new content if I download through Steam? I'm jus doing Ground Zero again for no fuckin' reason? :negative:

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Invite for Frostpride when you get a chance thaaaaaaannnnnnnnks~

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Yeah Bogart, that was a huge fuckup on their part too. They only have the original TSW on steam but they've labeled it as Secret World Legends there. I did the exact same thing you did and had to re-download the correct client from Funcom.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
And it seemed like a minute of new content with the Fallen King or whatever, but then no, suddenly I'm the Orochi chick again.

crawlkill
Feb 20, 2014

Bogart posted:

And it seemed like a minute of new content with the Fallen King or whatever, but then no, suddenly I'm the Orochi chick again.

you're in the right place if you get a tutorial in a graveyard when you kick off, Fallen King is just part of the Templar starting experience

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

I don't know how long till I burn out but for now LanzaNerau could use a cabal invite.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

crawlkill posted:

you're in the right place if you get a tutorial in a graveyard when you kick off, Fallen King is just part of the Templar starting experience

Really? poo poo, I guess it's been longer than I imagined. The King is their equivalent of the doctor shooting Illuminati agents full of fun drugs, or getting Mystical Asian Head, then, right?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Bogart posted:

Really? poo poo, I guess it's been longer than I imagined. The King is their equivalent of the doctor shooting Illuminati agents full of fun drugs, or getting Mystical Asian Head, then, right?

THERE IS A STORM COMING, MONDO STORM. PAINT YOUR GLASS HOUSES SHUT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O5nWIL0g7s

Illuminati: Drugs
Dragon: Sexual Release
Templar: Prophets

Really fits their faction bills.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jun 28, 2017

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Drinkfist living up to his rep.

As much as funcom can get reamed for their support, I'm really loving that some of the devs/CMs are chatting with us in Discord chat. I'm sure it'll be forgotten in a few weeks when the vitriol from directly imbibing shitposting makes them sick of it, but it's a cool token.

Yes, lawl, I know they aren't addressing super hardcore issues, but I could ask about the AH and they had some feedback and were dealing with quest bugs, which is something cool. I'm getting a kick out of the transparency.

E: Reddit is discussing change.gov rules where they want upvoted responses to get dev feedback and some kind of hearing at scrum meetings. I foresee nothing but discussions about how we need more nipple options on characters and how terribly literally everything is.

Richard M Nixon fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jun 28, 2017

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
So I transferred my vanity stuff. Where do I get a new weapon? Chaos is not doing it for me.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Either get a different weapon from a random drop or buy one off the AH when it's back online. Assuming you have all weapons unlocked through your legacy transfer. PVP matches poo poo drops and are probably the fastest return per minute.

crawlkill
Feb 20, 2014
does anyone know what's up with hit rating? I feel like I'm glancing a lot--maybe confirmation bias--but I slotted a couple glyphs of hit and together they're reducing my glance rate by .9%. is my level 35 guy scaling the same way a level 50 will?

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
If I want to be able to heal dungeons, which weapons should I choose? I started a trickster and liking it so far, but there doesn't seem to be any healing skills for pistols. Should I just buy/pick up a different weapon that would work better?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Sjonkel posted:

If I want to be able to heal dungeons, which weapons should I choose? I started a trickster and liking it so far, but there doesn't seem to be any healing skills for pistols. Should I just buy/pick up a different weapon that would work better?

There is a healing skill in the middle active tree. It's more a team support heal though.

(unless I'm mixing up the trees from memory and its some passive, but there is definitely a heal in there somewhere)

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Ossipago posted:

PVP matches poo poo drops and are probably the fastest return per minute.
What are the pvp rewards exactly?

crawlkill
Feb 20, 2014

Pilchenstein posted:

What are the pvp rewards exactly?

one weapon, one glyph, one tal[isman]

win or lose, we couldn't spot if there was a win bonus

there's no reason to do it now rather than later, though, low-level glyphs are terrible and just eat your scraps to level up. push to endgame then become a shambala shambles.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Just thinking.

So I didn't buy lifetime in TSW back in the day nor did I buy a sub in Legends. I did play a lot on the first couple days when I had time and basically did everything possible in Kingsmouth & most of Sword Coast. That got me level 20 gear in every slot, blue pistols and a blue belt. Everything was fine.

Problem is then I was faced with needing extra level 20 gear to blue the rest of my stuff so without pushing forward into higher level content with slog fights I needed to repeat missions for the rewards in order to upgrade compatible trash to level 20. Ok that's fine, I get it. Missions instead of using (apparently non existent) trash loot.

Except the mission cool downs are still things like 72 hours or so. I haven't bothered to log in the past couple days because I was waiting for everything to come off timers. Obviously if you have an active sub you can repeat whatever you like after 8 hours so you can basically consume content as much as you like.

I'm not sure I feel positive about the new player experience past the first couple days unless they are super casual and don't hit that "well now what?" point when the time gate kicks in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
I haven't had to repeat anything yet and I am at a similar point in the game (lvl 24, halfway through savage coast). I did collect all the lore which gave me an advantage in level over most of the mobs. My gear is half blue already, half leveling up another green 20 for making it blue.