Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

As someone that used to work around those at a Walmart during high school...gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Propaganda Hour posted:

As someone that used to work around those at a Walmart during high school...gently caress

Is that a key fob hanging from a key that is still in the lock that turns the thing on? Nice!

I dropped my mobile phone in a horizontal cardboard crusher and climbed in to look for it and within like ½ a minute I can hear someone shouting "where the hell is the key I can't turn the crusher on" outside. (Naturally I'd removed the key because I'm not a complete idiot.)

e: Also they threw in a bag of unopened computer mouse packages. That was what they wanted to crush in the cardboard crusher.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
i dont see what the problem is, hes clearly over the age of 18 :confused:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Coins thrown into plane engine by elderly lady for good luck cause delay in China

An elderly woman has delayed a plane for more than five hours, after she attempted to throw a handful of coins into its engine for good luck.

The passenger was boarding China Southern Airlines flight CZ380, from Shanghai to Guangzhou, when she threw nine coins towards the plane's jet engine.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-28/elderly-woman-throws-coins-into-plane-engine-causes-delay/8658654

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
GODDAMN IT THERE'S MORE BEDBUGS FOUND IN OUR loving OFFICE AGAIN.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://gfycat.com/GracefulClutteredHorseshoebat

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Propaganda Hour posted:

I have scar on my neck from one of the metal ties snapping back at me when trying to dump a bail onto a skid.

The grocery store by my house uses a fork lift to stack bails two high out back. At my store we were told under no circumstances should bails be left outside unless the driver is there to pick them up. These guys basically build a paintball course out of them.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

stop sleeping in the office

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Darkman Fanpage posted:

stop sleeping in the office

You think he's a bedbug?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

what the gently caress

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

Somebody gone get a (well deserved) whoopin, there.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Not really OSHA, but the competition for internships in nuclear power has really gotten crazy.

CNN posted:

(CNN) It's normal to expect a certain level of scrutiny when a company wants to hire an intern. That scrutiny is not usually based on swimwear.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/26/world/nuclear-bikini-contest-trnd/index.html

tl;dr: Apparently, a power company tried hiring interns based on number of facebook likes of their bikini pictures. This backfired.

I don't know, they look tasteful enough and very OSHA, they deffo have hardhats on.

Is this how you got your job, Three-Phase?

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Doubt those are steel-toed shoes.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I want to make a steel camel-toe joke but I'm afraid of the fallout

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ixFHbwtM44

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDDPd8vVPdg

There's no point hitting the highlights since it's basically all "how is this man not dead".

IPCRESS fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jun 28, 2017

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Nice piece of fish posted:

Not really OSHA, but the competition for internships in nuclear power has really gotten crazy.

tl;dr: Apparently, a power company tried hiring interns based on number of facebook likes of their bikini pictures. This backfired.

I don't know, they look tasteful enough and very OSHA, they deffo have hardhats on.

... i had to doublecheck i wasnt in the lovely mods thread, thats the same dead-eyed "please kill me" look on many skyrim modded waifus

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

IPCRESS posted:

and

There's no point hitting the highlights since it's basically all "how is this man not dead".

How, how is this man still alive and still have all his appendages?!

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

cakesmith handyman posted:

I want to make a steel camel-toe joke but I'm afraid of the fallout

:discourse:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

mattfl posted:

What was that, did you say TheBackyardScientist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUmIDz5L0O8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnwfNMrjzzA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RbQPhh7EyE

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Wasabi the J posted:

bed bugs seem to be infesting this site, I have had 2 other threads mention them in the past 2 days as well.

IPCRESS posted:

and

I can't stop watching this idiot, I just KNOW he's going to blow himself up or at least catch shrapnel to the face at some point.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jun 28, 2017

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

MF_James posted:

bed bugs seem to be infesting this site, I have had 2 other threads mention them in the past 2 days as well.

Seems to be a problem in Atlanta, at least for Wipro.
http://www.11alive.com/news/employees-say-theyre-forced-to-work-amid-bed-bug-infestation/451441739

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

FuturePastNow posted:

Steelworker Simulator 2017 looks fun

:eng101: Steel is red hot when molten. I'd guess that's aluminum, or maybe lead.

deoju fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jun 28, 2017

Anta
Mar 5, 2007

What a nice day for a gassing
Youtubing is a dangerous job if you're a goddamn idiot:

Minnesota woman charged with fatally shooting boyfriend in failed YouTube video stunt

StarTribune posted:

A 19-year-old woman shot at a book her boyfriend was holding against his chest, killing him at close range outside their northwestern Minnesota home in what was a video-recorded stunt gone awry, according to a criminal complaint filed Wednesday.

Ruiz held up the book — described by County Attorney James Brue as a hardcover encyclopedia — and Perez pulled the trigger on a .50-caliber Desert Eagle pistol, trying to see whether the bullet would go through, according to the criminal complaint.

The Desert Eagle is described by retailer Cabela's in an online ad as "one of the world's most powerful semiautomatic handguns."

Brue said there are "multiple videos" of the shooting, and they will not be released publicly at this time.

Ruiz's aunt told WDAY-TV that the shooting outside the couple's home on Hwy. 75, with their 3-year-old daughter nearby, was part of a stunt they intended to post on YouTube.

"He had told me about that idea," the aunt told the TV station, "and I said, 'Don't do it. Don't do it. Why are you going to use a gun? Why?' "

She quoted him as replying, " 'Because we want more viewers. We want to get famous.' "

He had shown her another book that he had shot and the bullet didn't go all the way through, the charging document continued.

"Perez stated that she shot from about a foot away while [Ruiz] held the book to his chest," the complaint read.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

IPCRESS posted:

and

I assume what he's doing is legal on account of he's not in jail, but my question is... how? How is this legal.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Darwin Awards get better every year

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
gently caress, bedbugs are the worst. After I had an infestation and threw out my mattress, I got a lofted bed with a smooth metal frame, put traps under all 4 feet, and had it mounted 1.5" away from the wall with polished metal posts. I can't say I've had a lot of bug bites in my life, but those were by far the worst. It's like they inject their itch-poison all the way into your meat, and it doesn't just itch, it hurts.

I hope I left a healthy bedbug reservoir for my former landlady when I moved out :3:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Skippy McPants posted:

I assume what he's doing is legal on account of he's not in jail, but my question is... how? How is this legal.

He's on his own land out in the middle of nowhere. No pesky fire departments to get in the way of his eventual fiery death.

Anta
Mar 5, 2007

What a nice day for a gassing

Ol Standard Retard posted:

Too late, his GF (who shot him) is already pregnant, therefore he is ineligible.

e: My bad, turns out he is definitely eligible:

darwinawards.com posted:

The existence of offspring, though potentially deleterious to the gene pool, does not disqualify a nominee. Children inherit only half of each parent's genetic material and thus have their own chance to survive or snuff themselves. If, for instance, the offspring has inherited the "Play With Combustibles" gene, but also has inherited the "Use Caution When..." gene, then she is a potential innovator and asset to the human race. Therefore, each nominee is judged based on whether or not she has removed her own genes, without consideration to the number of offspring or, in the case of an elderly winner, the likelihood of producing more offspring.

Anta fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jun 28, 2017

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Ol Standard Retard posted:

Not a darwin award, they already have a kid and she's pregnant.

Edit: gently caress, that'll teach me to take a call before hitting submit.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Anta posted:

Too late, his GF (who shot him) is already pregnant, therefore he is ineligible.

e: My bad, turns out he is definitely eligible:

But this implies the other parent wasn't stupid enough to shoot someone in the chest for youtube likes.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

I was just thinking that most of this isn't actually all that dangerous, then I got to 2:15. :magical:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

I know with the front open the crusher won't operate, but it could still be dumped out, and you'd be looking at 1000lbs of compressed cardboard squashing your extremities. Nope nope nope.

Unrelated:

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Actually you could be clearer, because currently you're completely full of poo poo.
I wanna apologize for this, it was unwarranted and out of line.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Nice piece of fish posted:

I'm in the wrong career.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

186 posted:

I'm in the wrong career.

nah, thats just how the czech republic hires women

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

186 posted:

I'm in the wrong career.

I wouldn't call your posts a career.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I know with the front open the crusher won't operate, but it could still be dumped out, and you'd be looking at 1000lbs of compressed cardboard squashing your extremities. Nope nope nope.

I'm sure this is a very safety conscious organization, where absolutely no safety interlocks, mechanisms, or procedures would be bypassed, ignored, or broken.

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

mattfl posted:

Those videos collectively should be viewed as a constructive DNR.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Florida too. Lots of people I talk to are having flea or bedbug infestations. I've personally had the first, now the second. I blame the super mild winter we had here this year, normally we get at least one if not two nice freezes that help keep them under control. This year it barely got below freezing at night more than a handful of times and the bugs are unreal this year.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

jetz0r posted:

I'm sure this is a very safety conscious organization, where absolutely no safety interlocks, mechanisms, or procedures would be bypassed, ignored, or broken.

They didn't even bother, the keys are in the lock. That thing e: looks totally live. Even better, I think he's trying to grab the chain(s) that help tip the bale out, something you can usually do from the back of the machine. poo poo, most problems with those things can be fixed from the rear of the machine.

Tools that should be next to the baler: 10lb sledge, 20lb sledge, milk hook/pin puller, and a cheater bar to clear the tie channels. If none of that poo poo works, it's too broken for you to fix.

madeintaipei fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

drat, and they didn't even post the video so he could get his views. That's cold.