Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Chill la Chill posted:

The old death thread WAS the chill thread but this is fine. Death thread prediction: Moola still won't finish his skull boy by December 2018.

nuuuuuuuu!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I remember the "both sides were bad" meme

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Xarbala posted:

I remember both sides were bad

I'm glad we're healing and moving on.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Now let us all join hands and walk joyfully into the radiant 8th edition future.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah "death thread" is a TG slang word that really just means "in this thread you can discuss GW without having to be constantly engaging for multiple pages with GW's ardent defenders." Unfortunately that idea has been thoroughly dispelled in recent months; there is no way to create and maintain such a space.
you might say it's no longer...safe

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Always talk poo poo about corporate overlords, but in a chill way

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
all corps are bad

some are badder than others

much like scrunts

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
So I'm curious about 8th edition and one question hangs over it like the sword of damocles.

Has the playtime been shortened? I remember 5-6 hour horror shows of nothing happening that previously constituted a game of 40k and I don't want to be involved in that poo poo ever again. Can we now bang out a game of 40k in 2-4 hours like a reasonable human being with a life would want to or is it still an all day or day and a half affair

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I dunno how you'd manage to make a normal game of 40k last 5 hours to begin with

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

The 5-6 hour games were the Apocalypse expansion poo poo probably where each side is just dumping models on the table. Super long and boring games if you don't have time limits or you have rules questions

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

LordAbaddon posted:

So I'm curious about 8th edition and one question hangs over it like the sword of damocles.

Has the playtime been shortened? I remember 5-6 hour horror shows of nothing happening that previously constituted a game of 40k and I don't want to be involved in that poo poo ever again. Can we now bang out a game of 40k in 2-4 hours like a reasonable human being with a life would want to or is it still an all day or day and a half affair

"You don't have to play with higher points" is what you'll hear but the apocalypse stuff is now standard in the game. Everyone has giant robots and giant tanks.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Chill la Chill posted:

"You don't have to play with higher points" is what you'll hear but the apocalypse stuff is now standard in the game. Everyone has giant robots and giant tanks.

I don't think any of that stuff still has really Apocalypse levels kinds of rules that it used to have, but they're also pretty expensive to take in normal games, too. The Stompa is 900 points before wargear.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

:frogon:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
5 hours seems like a normal time for a 1500 - 2000 point game

some people will tell you that's abnormal but they lyin!!!

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Hustlin Floh posted:

Now let us all join hands and walk joyfully into the radiant 8th edition future.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Really want to reply with unfiltered goatse.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Don't they have those reverse knees like birds?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Eifert Posting posted:

Don't they have those reverse knees like birds?

It's more like an extended ankle.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

LordAbaddon posted:

The people at the local store have been playing 2 games in the 5ish hour window of our game night so yeah it seems faster.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
e: gently caress, wrong thread

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

no one who's ever come here has come to the wrong thread, friend

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

TheChirurgeon posted:

e: gently caress, wrong thread

You must post a :krad: skellington for your transgression.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Chill la Chill posted:

You must post a :krad: skellington for your transgression.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Judges?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

nice

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
P good

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I'm the chin plate

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm subtracting 2.4 points for plugging three things into the zygomatic, which is just solid bone. It's not realistic.

However that's still a solid A, well done good job.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

thats a skull

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Moola posted:

thats a skull

*sigh* FINE

this one is for moola

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

TheChirurgeon posted:

*sigh* FINE

this one is for moola

(Un)life goals

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

TheChirurgeon posted:

*sigh* FINE

this one is for moola

now thats what I call big boned!

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

TheChirurgeon posted:

*sigh* FINE

this one is for moola

Someone has been skipping chest day.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Moola posted:

now thats what I call big boned!

I've got a big bone :bigtran:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

TheChirurgeon posted:

*sigh* FINE

this one is for moola

:eyepop:

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

The steampunk look does not compliment the skull very well. 5/10. A good skeleton knows good fashion and what best compliments it's spookiness.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

TheChirurgeon posted:

*sigh* FINE

this one is for moola

this is the hottest thing i've seen in my life tho

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it has no orifices or loving implements

it's useless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU