Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

FAUXTON posted:

Fallout patterns over the US make for some terrifying no-go stripes if there are enough ground bursts. Granted the typical use would be airbursts over anything not buried or otherwise hardened, but then you look at the possibility of, like NORAD getting hundreds of megatons of ground strikes and the same for a bunch of the minutemen silos all over the upper plains.

True, but if you're lucky enough to have a route through you could GET to Canada/Mexico and maybe eke out an existence.

I'm not sure that there would be anywhere in the UK that's not an irradiated mess 2 days after 0 hour, even in northern Scottland or Nowhere Wales. Given the nuclear plants are all getting blatted in the first round, that's a hell of a lot of long-life radiation to go around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Don Dongington posted:

True, but if you're lucky enough to have a route through you could GET to Canada/Mexico and maybe eke out an existence.

I'm not sure that there would be anywhere in the UK that's not an irradiated mess 2 days after 0 hour, even in northern Scottland or Nowhere Wales. Given the nuclear plants are all getting blatted in the first round, that's a hell of a lot of long-life radiation to go around.

lol the Falklands, maybe. I'll just assume Theresa May's letter explicitly says to nuke the Falklands.

Guacamayo
Feb 2, 2012
FBI Agent involved in Tarp Ghost's shooting indicted:
https://twitter.com/notjessewalker/status/879904112971841538

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Guacamayo posted:

*FBI agent cracked off a few rounds at Tarp Ghost, did not actually hit Tarp Ghost, and the indictment upholds it as A Good Shoot with regard to the super troopers who actually ghosted tarp.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Two Finger posted:

This was loving brutal goddamn.

it was and I need more.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I live in london, i'm getting cleansed in the first wave of holy fire

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

ElMaligno posted:

it was and I need more.

How about the terrifying Russian animated version of "There Will Come Soft Rains"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LNHYz89sNc

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Guacamayo posted:

Jesus Christ it's all on video why start making poo poo up?

It was a clean shot when tarp ghost reached into his loving jacket

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

ElMaligno posted:

it was and I need more.

Have you heard When The Wind Blows friend?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

FAUXTON posted:

I'd probably end up being vaporized as proximate to a major AFB target as well as ground comms hub and that's okay

From what I've read Offutt AFB is Target #2 after Washington DC so yeah you're about as hosed as humanly possible. At least you won't have to die a horrible death from radiation like everyone else in the state since we're downwind of the missile silos in Montana.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Suburbs of Chicago

Plus multiple refineries plus multiple rail freight yards

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

FAUXTON posted:

I'd probably end up being vaporized as proximate to a major AFB target as well as ground comms hub and that's okay

I've been stationed at Osan and Yongsan the past 5 years with another 3 at Osan just starting. I've made peace with being buried in rubble from a preemptive strike for a while now. It's nice and brings a certain clarity.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I live right outside of DC and near the CIA. I haven't had a zombie apocalypse thought or conversation since moving here. Only the sweet embrace of the atom is in store for me.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Two Finger posted:

Have you heard When The Wind Blows friend?

This was good and depressing.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Laranzu posted:

The FBI shooter hosed up, the FBI dude shot at the car while everyone was in it, before Tarp Ghost made his suicide-by-cop run. Those were the mystery shots that nobody remembered and nobody admitted to, then they IDed the FBI dude as the shooter but he never admitted it or claimed he never shot.

By the way, that FBI dude hosed up by not killing them all.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Laranzu posted:

The way the Feds have bungled the malheur and bundy ranch cases has been incredibly disappointing and frustrating. I just want to see some one percenter-abuse the system while screeching against it-totally common man and definitely not rich farmers go to jail

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr

Laranzu posted:

Seems to me that he lied about not shooting, when he did, and it sounds like it might have been before the infamous jacket reach.

Super stupid. Not the shooting, but the lie. The consequences were likely a slap on the wrist rather than the obstruction he's facing now. I mean, gently caress, you can gun down black folk like plunking at cans in this country and just barely lose your job.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I'm far enough north right now I would probably be fine, but I would be away from all my possessions and my dog so :(

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Senate bill at 17%

http://www.npr.org/2017/06/28/534612954/just-17-percent-of-americans-approve-of-republican-senate-health-care-bill

Donnie's mad at the NYT because they got a republican senator (anonymous) basically calling Donnie dumb about healthcare.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/880019743092211712

https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/880022501765636096

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Jun 28, 2017

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
There are secondary Airfields (probably as many as we have Fighter Aircraft) that are all over Southern England that can be made ready in a couple of days. I'm sure there would be a liberal smattering of nukes across everything South of Coventry and then every population centre above it, although good loving luck if you could tell the difference between Middlesborough pre and post Nuclear War.

A few years ago the Soviet plans for an invasion (1970's I think) of the UK were released and they had picked the coastline by Blackpool to land because everything south would have been Glowing.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

There are secondary Airfields (probably as many as we have Fighter Aircraft) that are all over Southern England that can be made ready in a couple of days. I'm sure there would be a liberal smattering of nukes across everything South of Coventry and then every population centre above it, although good loving luck if you could tell the difference between Middlesborough pre and post Nuclear War.

A few years ago the Soviet plans for an invasion (1970's I think) of the UK were released and they had picked the coastline by Blackpool to land because everything south would have been Glowing.

Most of the airfields that I think you're referring to are in various states of disrepair and the facilities (hangars, control towers, munitions storage) have been torn down or left to rot since the early 90s. The runways and taxiways are in some cases maintained reasonably well (though not to the standards they'd need for modern warplanes since they only deal with RC toys and general aviation at most) and could probably be brought up to spec relatively quickly, but others have not been touched since the USAF left and will probably have to be completely replaced.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The Fahrenthold story and another WaPo story calling Donnie toothless made Donnie mad, so now he randomly decided to threaten an Internet sales tax.

https://twitter.com/DanEggenWPost/status/880055320424452101

:psyduck:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

But but but emails!

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

He's yelling about fake news after making a fake news magazine cover makes you think

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Blind Rasputin posted:

He's yelling about fake news after making a fake news magazine cover makes you think

Presiception

I think Amazon has enough money to lobby literally everybody in America against him.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Blind Rasputin posted:

Every single news story that does not cast him in a good light is fake news. Its baffling how anyone takes him seriously.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I want a :psyduck: with a convincing Trump wig and I am fully willing to buy it.

https://twitter.com/TimJHanrahan/status/880061686656503808

Donald Trump is threatening Amazon with a policy that Amazon supports.

A simple :psyduck: is not enough.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I live in DC, right next to the Pentagon.

I'm hosed but at least it'll be quick. Also bonus I might get to become an NPC ghoul in a future fallout game.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Handsome Ralph posted:

I live in DC, right next to the Pentagon.

I'm hosed but at least it'll be quick. Also bonus I might get to become an NPC ghoul in a future fallout game.

You'll probably be the bartender.

I'm Northeast of Atlanta, behind a good hill, so unless I get a direct strike, I'm just taking a radioactive bath.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/gawkenn/status/879780461521895425

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I live near vital oil facilities so I'm definitely eating canned sunshine

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

facialimpediment posted:

I want a :psyduck: with a convincing Trump wig and I am fully willing to buy it.

https://twitter.com/TimJHanrahan/status/880061686656503808

Donald Trump is threatening Amazon with a policy that Amazon supports.

A simple :psyduck: is not enough.

:sigh: Amazon already charges me sales tax. And half my poo poo arrives late.

Living in an AMZ distro state blows.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Outside of LA at a port nobody cares much about, but next to a USAFNG mobility wing and Naval air field. So fingers crossed :(

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I'm 90 minutes from DC so I'm close to the only people who would actually receive any worthwhile protection.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It's just a prank bro!

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Testing if a book can stop a .50AE? I mean, there's dumb, and then there's dumb.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

My ALARMIERUNGSDIENSTSTELLE, in the case of the great war, is the LUFTWAFFENWERFT EINUNDDREISSIG or something, I'm definitely gone in the first wave of lol no one cares enough about Germany to nuke it.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

BigDave posted:

Testing if a book can stop a .50AE? I mean, there's dumb, and then there's dumb.

I had assumed he was holding it up to his chest and getting shot with it or something, but apparently the whole thing somehow ended with a nephew getting killed.

Still an accident, if by accident you mean inevitable consequence of 100% foreseeable & immutable natural laws

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

You don't need a Nuke for that, Theresa May started cleansing the North London Estates with holy fire already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What the gently caress did I just read

quote:

And Amy would be there, too; he grinned at the memory of that prepubescent little body plastered against him. She was going to be a handful, all right. His manhood understood Amy a lot better than her mother did; no cerebral phase for Amy … But Anne, his exquisite shy one, with whom he'd found the way into the almost unendurable transports of the flesh … First the conventional greeting, he thought; the news, the unspoken, savored, mounting excitement behind their eyes; the light touches; then the seeking of their own room, the falling clothes, the caresses, gentle at first—the flesh, the nakedness—the delicate teasing, the grasp, the first thrust—

Seriously what the gently caress did I just read

• Locked thread