Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Samurai Sanders posted:

So seriously what does any of that tweet mean?

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Vertical Lime posted:

i heard they're not fighting it anymore also because they're becoming too big to just have a presence in states with tax breaks

Amazon might not be fighting the MA law, but other online retailers are because it essentially subjects every online retailer to the tax requirements even if they're a small shop in a single state across the country, and it's a pretty dicey legal position to take.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

brugroffil posted:

Among Republicans, Trump wouldn't bear the brunt of the blame if Congress is unable to repeal and replace Obamacare. Just 6 percent would blame him, and half said they would blame congressional Democrats. Another 20 percent said they would blame GOP lawmakers.

and this is why democracy doesn't work

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

brugroffil posted:

Among Republicans, Trump wouldn't bear the brunt of the blame if Congress is unable to repeal and replace Obamacare. Just 6 percent would blame him, and half said they would blame congressional Democrats. Another 20 percent said they would blame GOP lawmakers.

they're...not wrong?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Ekster posted:

the female body has a way to shutdown rape

*IRS agent licks his lips and starts following an ancap wearing a revealing fedora*

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Ekster posted:

remember how boring the news was with obama in charge and even with bush compared to trump

I went months without paying much attention to politics despite being somewhat of a political junkie since I was 15.

It was a much simpler time.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
gently caress this, I'm going back to bed it's too early for this poo poo

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

they're...not wrong?

It is wrong to blame a minority party that doesn't have the ability to filibuster in this case for the majority's failure to pass a bill.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Ekster posted:

remember how boring the news was with obama in charge and even with bush compared to trump

I wish W would have twittered. That would have been cool :(

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

amazomg

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

brugroffil posted:

I went months without paying much attention to politics despite being somewhat of a political junkie since I was 15.

I spend like 5 hours a day F5'ing the forums now because I need those tweets fresh out of the oven

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Mayor Dave posted:

gently caress this, I'm going back to bed it's too early for this poo poo

trump will be there in your sleep

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Mayor Dave posted:

2/10 not anime

Really NSFW but too funny not to share:
http://imgur.com/Sj5LMaw.jpg

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Chokes McGee posted:

and this is why democracy doesn't work

Eh to some extent. I'm sure you'd turn up similar numbers in late 2008 for self-identifying Republicans blaming Obama/Pelosi/Bill Clinton for the hosed up wars, Katrina, housing/global economic collapse

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

brugroffil posted:

ya same, i have never been this interested in news in my life

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

brugroffil posted:

It is wrong to blame a minority party that doesn't have the ability to filibuster in this case for the majority's failure to pass a bill.

I just don't see any significance to "republicans overwhelmingly blame democrats for opposing republican bills"

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Samurai Sanders posted:

he mad at WaPo and is aping halfremembered criticisms

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

brugroffil posted:

Eh to some extent. I'm sure you'd turn up similar numbers in late 2008 for self-identifying Republicans blaming Obama/Pelosi/Bill Clinton for the hosed up wars, Katrina, housing/global economic collapse

it gave us Trump

which is great for comedy but I'm pretty sure that tosses it in the rubbish bin as far as ways to organize a country goes

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
"the guardian of Amazon not paying internet taxes (which they should)" is a bit less catchy than Liddle Marco, Crooked Hillary, or Pocahontas

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

w....hat....?

:psyduck:

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I just don't see any significance to "republicans overwhelmingly blame democrats for opposing republican bills"

It's funny because Republicans are dumb and have total control of the government but are so bad (really so ideologically fractured) that they can't get poo poo done

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/880055227390586881

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Joementum posted:

"the guardian of Amazon not paying internet taxes (which they should)" is a bit less catchy than Liddle Marco, Crooked Hillary, or Pocahontas

Cryin Chuck has been my favorite recently

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/mashable/status/880054968916598785

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Intel&Sebastian posted:

vape juice company

mods

actually wait, is this regular liquid for vapes, or like have they distilled fruit down to vapor and you can inhale some kiwis or something

either way, mods

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

I initially read it as The Guardian, the newspaper, and was extra confused.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

So a graven image was destroyed in Arkansas? Sounds perfectly in keeping with the Ten Commandments to me!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Uber is too big to fail

1 trillion in sub prime loans lol

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

washington post is bad

therefore amazon is bad

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/880053379665416197

and i guess that also applies for att/time warner

donald j trump

trustbuster?

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

I wish W would have twittered. That would have been cool :(

thing with bush is he was just kinda dumb, so while a bunch of the stuff he did was funny everyone knew that underneath he was still a relatively normal and sane guy even though a lot of his policies were disastrous

trump however is 100% narcissistic personality disorder sexual predator traitor and he doesnt even try to hide it

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the missing piece here is that only 50% of Republicans would blame democrats

in a base almost entirely driven by being frothing lunatics about the opposition those are some pretty interesting numbers

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Idk what owns more, the fact that the president has fake time covers or that he's now directly threatening the company that told everyone about them

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

wait ...

is trump proposing a new tax ???

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Vertical Lime posted:

washington post is bad

therefore amazon is bad

donald j trump

trustbuster?

if donald trump stops amazon from employing whole foods drones to fire lime wedges directly into my gin im going to be v upset

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
are the time covers still up at his golf courses today? i wonder if they will be up tomorrow when he takes off for the weekend

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Gravy Jones posted:

depressident

It's a good Courtney Barnett song imo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Vertical Lime posted:

washington post is bad

therefore amazon is bad

donald j trump

trustbuster?

dont worry he will sign anything if it means he can throw a party where it feels like people like him

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AP/status/880055945648275456

woof

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Vertical Lime posted:

washington post is bad

therefore amazon is bad