Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Thus ends the legend of Phil Jackson

Great coach, terrible GM

Well, terrible GM anyway...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

fsif posted:

Well, terrible GM anyway...

It's one of those things, no coach has 11 championships but also no coach ever lucked into generational talents twice.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

WHO WAS ON CRACK

God, I love that that gets to be the closing bit to the Phil Jackson retrospective now and forever.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol Smith rules for that rant

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

half the le batard show so far today is just showing first take

stephen a paused his vacation for this

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lol Smith rules for that rant

Just when I'm sure I wish his brand of Hot Takes would go away forever this happens and whelp. :allears:

WHO WAS ON CRACK

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Vertical Lime posted:

stephen a paused his vacation for this

This IS Stephen A's vacation

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Phil Jackson can gently caress off to his cabin in Montana or wherever and resume practicing Zen Buddhism

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
:stare:

https://twitter.com/SenTedCruz/status/880073819557416960

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Holy crap, there's two zodiac killers?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Ok no I take it back I found a worse one

https://twitter.com/anthonyanderson/status/877990098939367424

"The OG TP" - Anthony Anderson who clearly needs money

Okay I really want to order this now.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Delete this

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D01mdGW9-Zg

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Thus ends the legend of Phil Jackson

Great coach, terrible GM

:lol: Knicks

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/880083560090263552

Also apparently CP3 was just traded to Houston :stare:

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
lmao the Knicks. Keep cashing them checks Melo.

also Houston traded for Chris Paul what in the ever loving hell

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I kind of like negotiating on a house. It's fun.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ordering a charmin van to show up at like a kid's party at the playground or something sounds like a good idea.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I like the charmin van for outdoor events. Way nicer and elegant than portables.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ehud posted:

I like the charmin van for outdoor events. Way nicer and elegant than portables.

Plus it's probably legal to just park it in a parking space whereas with porta-potties you gotta set them up somewhere, and then I'm guessing have them cleaned out before they're taken away, etc. For like a three-hour outdoor event for 20 people that's way too much effort.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
They pick up and drop them off. You likely don't need it serviced. It's like $210 for everything, obviously cheaper if you rock 2-10

I do the contracts for our storm duty stuff, we order like 500

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Remember our gun derail a week or so ago. This is a horrifying look into what they believe makes their members tick. https://www.facebook.com/NRA/videos/1605896562755373/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

weird Asian candy posted:

:lol: Knicks

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/880083560090263552

Also apparently CP3 was just traded to Houston :stare:

Perfect fit for the rockets

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

a neat cape posted:

Perfect fit for the rockets

Apparently the Rockets ain't done...

https://twitter.com/FletcherWDSU/status/880094902654291968

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

I'm a bit basketball ignorant, but is the east in a similar arms race as teams in the west to try and compile super teams?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Neil Armbong posted:

I'm a bit basketball ignorant, but is the east in a similar arms race as teams in the west to try and compile super teams?

Eh, I mean you have teams like Boston trying to build their "big 3" but it really comes down to Lebron and Cleveland. Philly's process may finally have paid off.

A lot of people are saying the Lakers are about to do the same next year with Lebron and someone else, maybe Paul George. Minnesota acquiring Butler to run with Wiggins and Townes should also be fun. So it seems more like teams in the Western Conference are more active to seemingly try and take out GS.

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 28, 2017

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Makes sense. Harden was the league leader in turnovers last year per 100 possessions. Move him to off guard, let CP3 distribute to shooters like melo and harden, and not have to worry about defense because Dantoni

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

What would the Houston Rockets want with Stephen A Smith?

English teacher humor

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Neil Armbong posted:

The east is LeBron's until LeBron decides otherwise.

Name the 2nd best player in the east who doesn't already have a ticket stamped to Los Angeles. John Wall?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Name the 2nd best player in the east who doesn't already have a ticket stamped to Los Angeles. John Wall?

Somewhere Colin Cowheard just shuddered

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Makes sense. Harden was the league leader in turnovers last year per 100 possessions. Move him to off guard, let CP3 distribute to shooters like melo and harden, and not have to worry about defense because Dantoni

CP3 and Melo in Dantoni's offense...they are going to be fun to watch. They may let up 140 points a game, but they'll score 160!

a neat cape posted:

The east is LeBron's until LeBron decides otherwise.

Kyrie :smug:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Neil Armbong posted:

Maybe the Celtics with them trying to land Gordon Heyward and Paul George

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Non Cav I meant, but that only furthers the point of lol east

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Non Cav I meant, but that only furthers the point of lol east

The East is super top heavy and lovely. The West is going to be stupid fun to watch with GS, Hou, SA, OKC (Blake Griffen rumors), Minny, Phoenix (to a lesser degree) and Lakers next year providing the super team arrives there.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Can the Lakers just be bad forever please

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Democrats getting real mad about the "progressive liberal" wrestler has been funny as poo poo

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hot Diggity! posted:

Democrats getting real mad about the "progressive liberal" wrestler has been funny as poo poo

It's the best wrestling gimmick I've ever heard of.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The guy who destroyed Oklahoma's 10 Commandments monument three years ago just did it again in Arkansas. :laugh:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Hot Diggity! posted:

Wait people are getting mad about it?

I saw an article about him and saw him wrestling for a crowd of sub-50 and was like "Ok"

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Wait people are getting mad about it?

I saw an article about him and saw him wrestling for a crowd of sub-50 and was like "Ok"

Yeah, I hadn't seen anyone mad about it. And he's in some tiny promotion, because of course he is.

WWE will steal the gimmick in 5 years. Give it to someone who runs an angle where he wins a belt with help and agonizes about giving it to them as reparations, ultimately decides to give them a regular belt and a how to perform wrestling moves instructional video kicking off a rivalry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Like in the offensive gimmicks in wrestling hierarchy "the progressive liberal" is like not even in the top 50

• Locked thread