Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also for the record. For the future.

If there is a water Jason, and you have a boat ready to go, and he is in the area trying to stop you from using the boat

And Burk tells you to get into the boat and go while he is injured and limping

Do Not Get In The Boat. It will only allow Burk to get away and live to tell the tale while you drown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Chances are if Burk is giving you advice, chances are it's for the good of the entertainment of himself and the group, not your health.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Burk will also abandon you even after you've temporarily subdued Jason to save Burk

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Burkion posted:

Also for the record. For the future.

If there is a water Jason, and you have a boat ready to go, and he is in the area trying to stop you from using the boat

And Burk tells you to get into the boat and go while he is injured and limping

Do Not Get In The Boat. It will only allow Burk to get away and live to tell the tale while you drown.

:argh:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Look

I was a Chad okay?

I had to Chad as hard as I could. If that meant some blood sacrifices on the alter of Chad, at least I made it hilarious.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Chad functioning as intended

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
The hoops the Friday fans had to jump through to try and fix the "cannon" because of Jason goes to Hell and then Jason X coming out.

Jason "drowns" and Pamela, in her grief, tries to resurrect Jason using the Necronomicon.
Jason isn't dead, obviously, but his body is now "primed" for a demon to inhabit it. But it's "asleep" or some poo poo.
Films 1-4 happen.
Jason's corpse is awakened. The demonic magic has brought it back via lightning.
6-9 happen.
The demon then leaves Jason's body and... Uh, when Jason comes back(looking exactly like he did when he was blown up?) the demon is killed, but the uh, demons only pull him underground and not ALL the way to hell... But they take away the demon heart, but he's still a zombie? So hat's how X and Freddy Vs Jason can happen? Right?

I tried to get into the deep fandom, but y'know what? I love the films dearly, but I'm not going to try and overthink them on any level.

Big dude murders people. Sometimes he's a zombie. One time he was a demon heart thing, but we just ignore that one.

Done.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
I have NEVER been abandoned by Burk. :colbert:

Of course, I usually have 3 backup plans when playing with Burk just in case, but still.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ComposerGuy posted:

Of course, I usually have 3 backup plans when playing with Burk just in case, but still.

I try to never Chad people until I am Chad.

Now Chubs, that's a whole other thing. Chubs is just the biggest piece of poo poo. At least Chad can run around and distract Jason.

Chubs just is the most worthless pile. He either spawns near something he can put together for other people, or he's going to run around the map like a lost little lardball and be forever confused.

He is my spirit animal and I am proud to personify him as he comes to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ5T8kWpFd0

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Could it be that 9 was just not as good a script and the writers didn't try or know or care to tie it into the existing plotline?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I finally got around to watching the first F13 movie last night, and holy poo poo Pamela :stonk: That scene where Alice is in the closet, and Pam slams a hole in the door and just smiles at her

Also lol strip monopoly though

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Could it be that 9 was just not as good a script and the writers didn't try or know or care to tie it into the existing plotline?

It was written in 4 days by a first time writer/director... So... Yeah.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Danaru posted:

I finally got around to watching the first F13 movie last night, and holy poo poo Pamela :stonk: That scene where Alice is in the closet, and Pam slams a hole in the door and just smiles at her

Also lol strip monopoly though

My favorite reference to Part 1 was a pub game with someone who's Steam name was "Kevin Bacon's Tracheotomy"

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Inside Out Mom posted:

And WoodrowSkillson get yourself a pc and come play with us. If 1 or two more people join up we'll have two full groups every night.s

I have enough irl friends on ps4 I can get a full friend group going relatively often, and we move from game to game together. I have a PC but its p much a Total War machine at this point

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Pam in the first movie was just the creepiest thing ever. Also took watching it again to make me realize that Mary from Clock Tower was basically her.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

ComposerGuy posted:

When your goals line up with Burk's, most of the time you'll have nothing to fear. Granted there was that one time that was mentioned way back in this thread where our combined attempt to screw over a Chad player backfired spectacularly.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

DeathChicken posted:

Pam in the first movie was just the creepiest thing ever. Also took watching it again to make me realize that Mary from Clock Tower was basically her.

:stonk: holy poo poo

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

It evens out.

A dead counselor is not suppose to be able to tell you he hosed off and died in the woods with the fuse.

But if you liberate that information in Discord, now both Jason and the counselors know.

Basically Discord is roughly fair, provided Jason stays in the chat.

The other part of this is that is someone hosed off and died in the woods with the fuse the actual information there is that everyone should completely ignore the phone because the fuse has probably clipped into the ground.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

imweasel09 posted:

The other part of this is that is someone hosed off and died in the woods with the fuse the actual information there is that everyone should completely ignore the phone because the fuse has probably clipped into the ground.

I'd rather the fuse sink into oblivion than a pocketknife.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

DeathChicken posted:

That game was great, but despite Mary's resemblance to Pamela Vorhees the game was actually based heavily on the movie Phenomena/Creepers. Jennifer is based on and named after Jennifer Connelly from the movie, Mary is based on the mother from the movie and even the plot and setting is similar.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
My favorite horror movie was the one where the chicks went into the cave complex and were attacked by the blind bat people. But then it might have just been the one psycho chick who was messed up from losing her family in a car accident.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

My favorite horror movie was the one where the chicks went into the cave complex and were attacked by the blind bat people. But then it might have just been the one psycho chick who was messed up from losing her family in a car accident.

Never watch Descent 2.

Just don't

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
...but seriously though, track down Phenomena and watch it it's great. It has Donald Pleasance and his helper chimp, it has Jennifer Connelly with psychic bug powers because why the gently caress not?

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

If you aren't sprinting through cabins and opening every drawer for the first minute of the game you're doing it wrong.
The only exception is if Jason morphs on top of you at the start.

Also I fixed Burk's phone and he let me live. That's an achievement in itself.

Sticky Nate fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 28, 2017

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

That is basically my go to strat (because I'm turrible). Take Vanessa, run around like a loon. I'll die, but if you're loving around with me you aren't stopping others from doing important things. I win. Kinda

Bonus points for heading to the cabin, setting off the Pam Alarm and then whoop whooping off into the night

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Doctor_Acula posted:

I've seen people die on this hill before. I have always understood 1-X to be canon. Is there any reason to this other than it being bad? Cause X is bad and if that thing isn't canon I probably have no reason to live.

Has anyone suggested Jason be first person, like DbD? Maybe that would fix the shift/grab balance.

I'm not joking.

9 is very much Oxford dictionary meaning of "literally" fanfiction.

New Line bought the rights and had no plans, no one from the series wanted anything to do with it, so a D&D nerd fan script about Magic Daggers and Body Swapping was greenlit immediately without treatment.

They dangled a carrot in front of Hodder and he did his two scenes.

Jason Goes to Hell is as much canon to the series as Fifty Shades of Grey is canon to Twilight.

And I will gladly get in a sleeping bag next to a tree on this hill.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jun 28, 2017

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Burkion posted:

I try to never Chad people until I am Chad.

Now Chubs, that's a whole other thing. Chubs is just the biggest piece of poo poo. At least Chad can run around and distract Jason.

Chubs just is the most worthless pile. He either spawns near something he can put together for other people, or he's going to run around the map like a lost little lardball and be forever confused.

He is my spirit animal and I am proud to personify him as he comes to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ5T8kWpFd0

this is basically how i play since i have it on all random

chad is a huge selfish rear end in a top hat and will lie, steal, cheat, and drive off at a moment's notice, abandoning you to your fate

chubs and tiff are a panicky idiots who will blubber, whine, and clutch pearls so hard they turn them to dust

aj and vanessa are generally good people and will do whatever they can, but only so far. they will happily hit jason in the back, repair stuff, or lead jason on goose chases, but they are out when it gets too hot.

adam and buggzy are heroes who will go to the mat with jason and lay down their lives for you one way or another, be it by running interference or popping a repair in a risky circumstance

protip: do not do this poo poo with friends unless you have explained to them what happens first. i've made a couple of pubfriends on steam who suddenly were not my friends any more after they got chadded or chubs'd

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
So how do you rp Kenny

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sticky Nate posted:

If you aren't sprinting through cabins and opening every drawer for the first minute of the game you're doing it wrong.
The only exception is if Jason morphs on top of you at the start.

Also I fixed Burk's phone and he let me live. That's an achievement in itself.

I was going to let you have the other car with Venus for being such a good sport, but Dancer had other plans.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

ChickenHeart posted:

So how do you rp Kenny

same as aj and vanessa, generally ok guy but he's fukken out if it gets too scary

i always forget he exists though thank you for reminding me he does~

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I'm not joking.

9 is very much Oxford dictionary meaning of "literally" fanfiction.

New Line bought the rights and had no plans, no one from the series wanted anything to do with it, so a D&D nerd fan script about Magic Daggers and Body Swapping was greenlit immediately without treatment.

They dangled a carrot in front of Hodder and he did his two scenes.

Jason Goes to Hell is as much canon to the series as Fifty Shades of Grey is canon to Twilight.

And I will gladly get in a sleeping bag next to a tree on this hill.

At least there's one shining light in that flick: Jason actually goes to hell.

And the motherfucker didn't even take Manhattan :argh:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
When I pub Jason, I get 5-8 kills. When I goon Jason, two Adams with bats are guarding the guy using the phone while the other four are blitzing the car repair, and my only kill was Chubs Magoo when he bumbled near a window too close to me, I interrupted his climb-in with an attack, then grabbed him and helped him through the window.

This was in discord with me on there, so they didn't actively coordinate.

Yeah don't make Jason leave.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Inside Out Mom posted:

Chances are if Burk is giving you advice, chances are it's for the good of the entertainment of himself and the group, not your health.

"Take Burk's advice absolutely every time." Got it.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

That's why I make friends on PS4 with really bad players, because I can usually do enough myself to get them to let me fix the phone and call, but when I'm Jason it's a clean sweep.

Although I might start rp'ing Jenny by splashing around in the water facing away from the shore and say things like "Come on silly, aren't you coming in?" and screaming when Jason grabs me.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Archenteron posted:

When I pub Jason, I get 5-8 kills. When I goon Jason, two Adams with bats are guarding the guy using the phone while the other four are blitzing the car repair, and my only kill was Chubs Magoo when he bumbled near a window too close to me, I interrupted his climb-in with an attack, then grabbed him and helped him through the window.

This was in discord with me on there, so they didn't actively coordinate.

Yeah don't make Jason leave.

At this point we Goons just know when poo poo is happening and pitch in however and where ever we can.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I just want to see 7 goon counselors clown on infinite pub Jasons honestly

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Burkion posted:

At this point we Goons just know when poo poo is happening and pitch in however and where ever we can.

Sometimes we just have to say each other names over comms and it's understood what objective we're working on. it's good poo poo

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

MacheteZombie posted:

Sometimes we just have to say each other names over comms and it's understood what objective we're working on. it's good poo poo

Tinfoil: "Machete. Machete."

Machete: "Yep."

(39 seconds later)

*2 escape in boat*

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Phyresis posted:

man i try to clown on jason every game, that's the problem, my dumb rear end goes in without a knife all the time and i inevitably burk it up. don't fucken try to gently caress with mista j unless you got a pocketknife, trust me

I've been dying a lot more this last week than the previous for the same reason. Anytime I see Jason now I feel like it's my duty to try to gently caress with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Kelp Plankton posted:

I just want to see 7 goon counselors clown on infinite pub Jasons honestly

This is doable, if you roll as a group of 7 and everyone makes their preference to never play as Jason.

This is actually a really good idea to try out

• Locked thread