Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hauki
May 11, 2010

theshim posted:

I ran a LL Guardian for a while before getting a Shav's and it was pretty goddamn strong even then, worth taking a look at.

I've been thinking about running one next league. Didn't realize it still worked well pre-shav's, so that makes it that much easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
How so? What happens if some jerk fires some chaos damage at you?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
You run it with a Solaris Lorica.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqIPoU3Rjio

Shutup Ghuddah I want decay left where it is.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Mr. Whale posted:

Phox has a pretty good guide for LL guardian. I believe it's only on YouTube but it has some good item recommendations for getting started; especially the bated breath belt.

Pohx went off this guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/660316 and I'm also comparing it against this one https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816656

the 2nd one is a lot more expensive but it also does things like use scorching ray in a 6l, instead of loving shield charge fortify curse on hit in the first one

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I've been holding off on playing poe until the big expansion drops, was planning on going righteous fire/scorching ray/cast when channel/flameblast with a kaom chest or low life build and essence hat or gloves for the righteous fire, but it seems like with the added support items and mind over matter working on righteous fire there is going to be a lot of ways to build a righteous fire character and there might be enough new support gems to make it worth 6 linking.

I kinda suspect the phoenix shields will skyrocket in price on the 3.0 league honestly.

And I wouldn't mind hearing the pros and cons of the different righteous fire builds people are thinking up.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jun 28, 2017

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Inquisitor also works for life RF. With the consecrated ground stuff I could even use RF before I was level 65 to equip rise of the phoenix. I did not really bother with the CwC flame surge that was used in the guide I was following, but it seemed quite good. It was my second legacy character so I did have lots of good leveling gear but leveling with scorching ray was strong.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1794332

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

was planning on going righteous fire/scorching ray/cast when channel/flameblast

Just a note, both Scorching Ray and Flameblast are channeled skills, so you can't use one to CwC the other. I've seen lots of people do either with CwC Firestorm though, and it seems to work pretty well.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
I took a break from playing Beta to participate in the Mayhem race. I'm blown away at how much better performance is in 3.0. 2.6 stutters and chugs like mad on my 2600k. 3.0 is smooth as butter without any problems. Well loving done GGG.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

Well loving done GGG.

I think you mean "GG GGG" :v:

But yeah, it seems a LOT smoother!

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Plus the new mini map is so much better than the current one.

Id love for the new beta update to come soon, the race is starting to get a little much.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Beta update pushed back to next week :(

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

We Star Citizen now boys.

J/k, we actually have a game to play.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Buy your own personalized Rogue Exile for $1000, it'll be you you're farming!

See you in the Atlas!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Dely Apple posted:

Buy your own personalized Rogue Exile for $1000, it'll be you you're farming!

See you in the Atlas!

Uh, you are aware they used to sell slots to design uniques and monsters, right?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And technically some players can already farm themselves in the hall of grandmasters.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

whypick1 posted:

Uh, you are aware they used to sell slots to design uniques and monsters, right?

"used to"? You can still buy uniques.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

That's not on their store anywhere. Pretty sure they removed it because they have a massive backlog of uniques still to design (because of 3.0).

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
It hasn't been on their store in like 2 years but they'll take the hell out of your money if you email them about it.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

whypick1 posted:

That's not on their store anywhere. Pretty sure they removed it because they have a massive backlog of uniques still to design (because of 3.0).

If you email them they still let you do it. Think the price is $3000 or something like that now.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I was not aware! I'm new to PoE.

I guess it's the idea anyone would have come up with first, but who but Kiwis would be mad enough to implement it?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
tbh Hall of Grandmasters is a genius idea, not only can whales buy in, they have to actually also buy into the game itself to make a memorable Grandmaster (or just get someone to lend you a mirrored Bow *stare*).

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

whypick1 posted:

You're supposed to angrily blame the XBox version.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Do the worms from Writhing Jar proc the trickster regen buff? Thinking of a weird Scion Elementalist/Trickster RF Scorching Ray CWC Glacial Cascade MOM AoF character next league that uses Realmshaper for the cheapo CtF and +3 fire/cold gems

Also I know stacking fire pen is all the rage, but I thought penetration didn't work for DoTs? It works via debuffs on the enemy (like curses and the scorching ray debuff) but I was under the assumption that things like wise oak didn't work. At least I am certain the gem doesn't work. Is this changing in 3.0? May rethink going for the wheel north of witch and saving for a xoph's blood in that case.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

DOes righteous fire's burning count as the 1 ignite that you can have? I want to run SR in addition to RF and I'm not sure if I should go straight SR, or SR-cwc-Firestorm/Flame Surge. And if I do, should I run Elemental Focus on that SR or not?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

https://clips.twitch.tv/RamshackleTenaciousSpindlePoooound

If monsters spawning in the end of lab is intentional, my faith in GGG's competency lowers.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

His expression is priceless

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Duck and Cover posted:

If monsters spawning in the end of lab is intentional, my faith in GGG's competency lowers.

seems like the kind of goofy interaction they have to tag end of lab a monster-spawnable room (for the Whispers prophecy chain) and this completely new race that has never been done before

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Cory in the Blouse posted:

Also I know stacking fire pen is all the rage, but I thought penetration didn't work for DoTs? It works via debuffs on the enemy (like curses and the scorching ray debuff) but I was under the assumption that things like wise oak didn't work. At least I am certain the gem doesn't work. Is this changing in 3.0? May rethink going for the wheel north of witch and saving for a xoph's blood in that case.

Resistance penetration requires a hit (so the fire pen support does not work) so wise oak would not nor xoph's blood. If you want to lower lower elemental resistance for the debuff (ignite, RF, SR) you gotta use curses.

Jinnigan posted:

DOes righteous fire's burning count as the 1 ignite that you can have? I want to run SR in addition to RF and I'm not sure if I should go straight SR, or SR-cwc-Firestorm/Flame Surge. And if I do, should I run Elemental Focus on that SR or not?

Its not an ignite, it is a burn.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Duck and Cover posted:

Mayhem is actually the best race because of stuff like this. Enjoy the two weeks of fun Mr. Buzzkill

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Mr. Despair posted:

Mayhem is actually the best race because of stuff like this. Enjoy the two weeks of fun Mr. Buzzkill

1. I hadn't realized it was a race. 2. I don't plan on playing until 3.0 is out.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

lamentable dustman posted:

Its not an ignite, it is a burn.
So I could, conceivably, have the RF burn, SR DoT, as well as an ignite from Firestorm?

My other question is, some time back there was a post about righteous fire that went through a bunch of math on how much regen/resist is needed for various endgame mods. I can't find it now - does anyone remember that post, when it happened, or who wrote it?

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Jinnigan posted:

So I could, conceivably, have the RF burn, SR DoT, as well as an ignite from Firestorm?

Yea, all will work and benefit from the SR lower fire resistance degen. Assuming it is a SR cast while channeling FS then you have to be fine with standing still alot.

e: guess it could be a SR totem but those are pretty wacky. In that case if you add fire pen to the FS then the reduced fire resist would not apply to SR or RF.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Who was it that wanted a bunch of t1 maps to vaal slam for the legacy achievement? I have like 30 of them slowly taking over my map tab. :negative:

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

lamentable dustman posted:

Resistance penetration requires a hit (so the fire pen support does not work) so wise oak would not nor xoph's blood. If you want to lower lower elemental resistance for the debuff (ignite, RF, SR) you gotta use curses.

OK, well Xoph's is still amazing because it frees up 3 passives and everything else is great (esp the debuff it applies to enemies) but I'll tango with fire nodes near marauder or shadow instead of templar

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Duck and Cover posted:

That was all reflect damage? Must've been two or three Bladeback Guardians in that pack.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

McFrugal posted:

That was all reflect damage? Must've been two or three Bladeback Guardians in that pack.

Even a single Bladeback is bonkers. He has 35% reflect.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Doesnt Bladeback have the old style reflect aura?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Bugsy posted:

Doesnt Bladeback have the old style reflect aura?

It says it but I don't think so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Kild posted:

It says it but I don't think so.

He definitely still has the reflect aura animation. I saw it a couple of hours ago.

• Locked thread